Cheng Wang, M.D., Ph.D. is a Senior Scientist at the National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR)/US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). He is also an Adjunct Faculty member in the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS).
Dr. Wang is currently the P.I. on research protocols (grants) supported by the NCTR/FDA, National Toxicology Program and NICHD. He is currently responsible for leading a research team that provides unique and highly specialized skills in neural toxicology, pharmacology, systems biology and stem cell biology research. Dr. Wang has published more than 76 peer-reviewed research articles in prestigious journals and 14 book chapters. Dr. Wang is an Editor-in-Chief of the book entitled “Developmental Neurotoxicology Research: Principles, Models, Techniques, Strategies, and Mechanisms.” He also serves as Editor-in-chief for Journal of Evolving Stem Cell Research, and on the editorial board of 6 reputed journals and as a reviewer of 10 other journals.
Dr. Wang was awarded the Outstanding Performance Award at the Society of Toxicology 44th Annual Meeting and the 2007 FDA Scientific Achievement Award for Excellence in Laboratory Science. He also was awarded a 2008 FDA Group Recognition Award for his participation in the Pediatric Anesthesia Research Group.
Potential Pediatric Anesthetic-induced Neural Cell Damage and Underlying Mechanisms, Neural Stem Cell Biology, Application of Systems Biology in Neurotoxicological Studies during Development, Activity-induced Synaptic Plasticity and Neural Cell Adhesion Molecule, Mitochondrial DNA Damage and Expression Levels of DNA Repair Enzymes.
Professional website link: Cheng Wang/NCTR/US.FDA
• Wang Cheng (P.I.) “Application and development of standard operating procedures (SOPs) required for studies of NMDA antagonists/GABA agonists in developing rats”. National Toxicology Program (NTP/IAG); P-00636, 2003-2004.
• Wang Cheng (P.I.) “NMDA Antagonist/GABA Agonist-induced Cell Death in the Developing Rat Brain”. National Toxicology Program (NTP/IAG); E-0215501; 2004-2009.
• Wang Cheng (P.I.). “Assessment of Ketamine in the Developing Nonhuman Primate”; (NCTR/FDA, CDER/FDA and NICHD); E-7189. 2004-2010.
• Wang Cheng (P.I.) “Methods Development for High Resolution Dedicated Positron Emission Tomography (microPET) to Evaluate Rodent Neuroplasticity and Toxicity during Development” National Center for Toxicological Research/FDA, NICHD; E-7264.01. 2007-2012.
• Wang Cheng (P.I.). “In vitro assay to predict developmental neurotoxicity of pediatric anesthetics”; National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR); E-704501. 2010-2012.
• Wang Cheng (P.I.) “Assessment of Gaseous Anesthetics in the Developing Nonhuman Primate” National Center for Toxicological Research/FDA; E-7285.01. 2008-2016.
• Wang Cheng (P.I.) “Neural stem cells, developmental biomarkers, and biological tools to advance mechanistic understanding of pediatric anesthesia-related neurodegeneration.” National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR); E-7417.01. 2011-2015.
• Wang Cheng (P.I.) “The use of computed tomography (CT) combined with positron emission tomography (microPET) to evaluate the neurotoxicity associated with pediatric exposures to the anesthetics sevoflurane and propofol” National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR); E-7494.01. January 3, 2013 – December 2, 2015.
• Wang Cheng (P.I.) “Utilization of Neural Stem Cell Models and Biomarkers in Assessing the Developmental Neurotoxicity of Pediatric General Anesthetics.” National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR); E-762701. September 08, 2016 - September 07, 2019.
List of Publications:
1. Wang C, Hou YQ, and Xu F (1986) Ultrastructure of hypothalamic arcuate nucleus in rats. J. of Harbin Medical University 1: 9-11.
2. Kiss JZ, Wang C, Rougon G (1993) Nerve-dependent expression of high polysialic acid neural cell adhesion molecule in neurohypophysial astrocytes of adult rats. Neuroscience 53: 213-221. (A1)
3. Muller D, Stoppini L, Wang C, Kiss JZ (1994) A role for polysialylated neural cell adhesion molecule in lesion-induced sprouting in hippocampal organotypic cultures. Neuroscience 61: 441-445.
4. Wang C, Rougon G, Kiss JZ. (1994) Requirement of polysialic acid for the migration of the O-2A glial progenitor cell from neurohypophyseal explants. J. Neuroscience 14: 4446-4457. (A2)
5. Kiss JZ, Wang C, Olive S, Rougon G, Lang J, Baetens D, Harry D and Pralong WF (1994) Activity-dependent mobilization of the adhesion molecule polysialic NCAM to the cell surface of neurons and endocrine cells. EMBO J. 13: 5284-5292.
6. Muller D, Wang C, Skibo G, Toni N, Gremer H., Calaora V, Rougon G, Kiss JZ (1996) PSA-NCAM is required for activity-induced synaptic plasticity. Neuron 17: 413-422.
7. Wang C, Pralong WF, Schulz MF, Rougon G, Aubry JM, Pagliusi S, Robert A, Kiss JZ (1996) Functional N-Methyl-D-Aspartate receptors in O-2A glial precursor cells: a critical role in regulating polysialic acid-neural cell adhesion molecule expression and cell migration. J Cell Biol 135:1565-1581.
8. Johnson KM., Phillips M, Wang C, and Kevetter GA (1998) Chronic phencyclidine induces behavioral sensitization and apoptotic cell death in olfactory and piriform cortex. J Neuroscience Research. 52:709-722. (A3)
9. Wang C, Showalter V, Hillman G, and Johnson KM. (1999) Chronic phencyclidine increase NMDA receptor NR1 subunit mRNA in rat forebrain. J Neuroscience Research 55:762-769. (A5)
10. Du PF, Ye YM, Seitz PK, Bi LX., Li H, Wang C, Simmons DJ, and Cooper CW (2000) Endogenous parathyroid hormone-related peptide enhances proliferation and inhibits differentiation in the osteoblastic-like cell line ROS 17/2.8. Bone 26: 429-436.
11. Wang, C., Kaufmann JA., Sanchez-Ross MG. and Johnson, K.M. (2000) Mechanisms of N-Methyl-D-Aspartate-induced apoptosis in phencyclidine treated cultured forebrain neurons. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 294: 287-295. (A6)
12. Phillips, M, Wang, C. and Johnson, KM. (2001) Pharmacological characterization of locomotor sensitization induced by chronic phencyclidine administration. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 296:905-913. (A4)
13. Ye YM, Wang C, Du PF, Seitz PK and Cooper CW (2001) Overexpression of parathyroid hormone-related protein enhances apoptosis in the rat intestinal crypt cell line, IEC-6. Endocriology. 142(5): 1906-1914.
14. Xie J, Wang C, Chung JM and Chung K (2001) Differential expression of Alpha 1-adrenoreceptor subtype mRNAs in the dorsal root ganglion (DRG) after spinal nerve ligation. Molecular Brain Research. 93: 164-172.
15. Wang C, McInnis J, Sanchez MR, Shinnick-Gallagher P, Wiley L and Johnson KM (2001) Long-term behavioral and neurodegenerative effects of perinatal phencyclidine administration: implications for schizophrenia. Neuroscience. 107: 535-550. (A8)
16. Lee HM, Wang C, Hu Z, Greeley GH Jr., Makalowski W, Hellmich HJ and Englander EW (2002) Hypoxia induces mitochondrial DNA damage and stimulates expression of a DNA repair enzyme, the E. COLI DNA glycosylase homolog, in vivo, in the rat brain. J Neurochem. 80: 928-937.
17. Yu B, Wang C, Liu J, Johnson KM and Gallagher JP (2002) Adaptation to chronic PCP results in hyperfunctional NMDA and hypofunctional GABAA synaptic receptors. Neuroscience. 113:1-10.
18. McInnis J*, Wang C*, (*The first two authors contributed equally to this work) Anastasio N, Hultman M, Ye Y, Cauble S, Salvemini D and Johnson KM (2002) The role of superoxide and NFkB signaling in N-Methyl-D-Aspartate-induced necrosis and apoptosis. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 301:478-487. (A9)
19. Wang C, McInnis J, West B, Bao J, Anastasio NC, Guidry JA, Ye Y., Salvemini D, and Johnson KM (2003) Blockade of phencyclidine-induced cortical apoptosis and deficits in prepulse inhibition by M40403, a superoxide dismutase mimetic. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 304:266-272. (A12)
20. Barral-Moran MJ, Calaora V, Vutskits L, Wang C, Zhang H, Durbec P, Rougon G and Kiss JZ (2003) Oligodendrocyte progenitor migration in response to injury of glial monolayers requires the polysialic neural cell-adhesion molecule. J Neuroscience Research 72:679-690.
21. Lee HM, Hu Z, Ma H, Greeley GH, Wang C, and Englander EW (2004) Developmental changes in expression and subcellular localization of the DNA repair glycosylase, MYH, in the rat brain. J Neurochem. 88:394-400.
22. Wang C, Anastasio N, Popov VL, LeDay A and Johnson KM (2004) Blockade of N-Methyl-D-Aspartate Receptors by phencyclidine causes the loss of corticostriatal neurons. Neuroscience. 125:473-483. (A10)
23. Slikker W, Xu Z, and Wang C (2005) Application of a systems biology approach to developmental neurotoxicology (Review). Reproductive Toxicology. 19:305-319.
24. Wang C, Fridley J, and Johnson KM (2005) The role of NMDA receptor upregulation in phencyclidine-induced cortical apoptosis in organotypic culture. Biochemical Pharmacology. 69:1373-1383. (A17)
25. Wang C, Sadovova N, Fu X, Scallet A, Hanig J, and Slikker W (2005) The role of NMDA receptors in ketamine-induced apoptosis in rat forebrain culture. Neuroscience. 132:967-977. (A21)
26. Wang C, Sadovova N, Hotchkiss C, Fu X, Scallet AC, Patterson TA, Hanig J, Paule MG and Slikker W (2006) Blockade of N-Methyl-D-Aspartate (NMDA) receptors by ketamine produces loss of postnatal day 3 (PND-3) monkey frontal cortical neurons in culture. Toxicological Sciences. 91:192-201. (A25)
27. Wang C, Sadovova N, H. Ali, Fu X, Scallet AC, Patterson TA, Paule MG, Slikker W and S. Ali (2007) L-Carnitine protects neurons from 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium (MPP+)-induced neuronal apoptosis in rat forebrain culture. Neuroscience. 144:46-55. (A33)
28. Slikker W*, Paule MG, Wright LKM, Patterson TA and Wang C* (2007) Systems biology approaches for toxicology (Review). Journal of Applied Toxicology. 27:201-217.
29. Slikker W, Zou X, Hotchkiss CE, Divine RL, Sadovova N, Twaddle NC, Doerge DR, Scallet AC, Patterson TA, Hanig J, Paule MG and Wang C (2007) Ketamine-induced neurodegeneration in the perinatal rhesus monkey. Toxicological Sciences. 98(1):145-158. (A32)
30. Hotchkiss CE, Wang C, Slikker W (2007) The effect of prolonged ketamine exposure on cardiovascular physiology in pregnant and infant rhesus monkeys (Macaca mulatta). J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci. 46(6):21-28.
31. Zou X, Sadovova N, Patterson TA, Divine RL, Hotchkiss CE, Ali SF, Hanig JP, Paule MG, Slikker W, Wang C (2008) The effects of L-carnitine on the combination of inhalation anesthetic-induced developmental neuronal apoptosis in the rat frontal cortex. Neuroscience. 151:1053-1065. (A36)
32. Zhang X, Patterson T, Paule M, Slikker W and Wang C (2008) The Role of NMDA Glutamate Receptors in Pain and Anesthetic-Induced Neurodegeneration during Development (chapter review). Amino Acid Receptor Research (ISBN). pp. 191-213. (A37)
33. Wang C, Slikker W (2008) Strategies and experimental models for evaluating anesthetics: effects on the developing nervous system (Special Article). Anesthesia & Analgesia. 106 (6):1643-1658.
34. Wang C, Patterson TA, Sadovova N, Xiaoju Zou, Xin Fu, Zhang X, Joseph P. Hanig, MG. Paule MG, Ali S, and Slikker W (2008) Protective Effects of 7-Nitroindazole on Ketamine-induced Neurotoxicity in Rat Forebrain Culture. NeuroToxicology. 29:613-620. (A47)
35. Wang C, Zhang X, Merle G. Paule and Slikker W (2008) Ketamine and Glutamate Receptors: Potential Toxicity of General Anesthetics during Rapid Brain Development (review). Central Nervous System Agents in Medicinal Chemistry. 8:85-91.
36. Boctor SY, Wang C, Ferguson SA (2008) Neonatal PCP is more potent than ketamine at modifying preweaning behaviors of Sprague-Dawley rats. Toxicological Science. 106:172-179. (A50)
37. Zou Xiaoju, Patterson TA, Sadovova N, Twaddle NC, Doerge DR, Zhang X, Fu X, Hanig JP, Paule MG, Slikker W, Wang C (2009) Potential neurotoxicity of ketamine in the developing rat brain. Toxicological Science. 108:149-158. (A49)
38. Zou Xiaoju, Tucker A. Patterson, Rebecca L. Divine, Natalya Sadovova, Xuan Zhang, Joseph P. Hanig, Merle G. Paule, William Slikker, Jr., and Cheng Wang (2009) Prolonged exposure to ketamine increases neurodegeneration in the developing monkey brain. International Journal of Developmental Neuroscience. 27: 727-731. (A53)
39. Zhang Xuan, MG Paule, GD Newport, X Zou, N. Sadovova, MS Berridge, SM Apana, J Hanig, W Slikker and Wang C (2009) A non-invasive and translatable biomarker of ketamine-induced neuronal death of rats- microPET imaging of [18F]-Annexin-V. Toxicological Science. 111: 355-361. (A56)
40. Shi Qiang, Lei Guo, Tucker A. Patterson, Stacey Dial, Quanzhen Li, Natalya Sadovova, Xuan Zhang, Merle G. Paule, William Slikker, Jr. and Cheng Wang (2010) Gene expression profiling in the developing rat brain exposed to ketamine. Neuroscience. 166: 852-863. (A76)
41. Wang C, Xuan Zhang, Fang Liu, Merle G. Paule, William Slikker Jr. (2010) Anesthetic-induced Oxidative Stress and Potential Protection (Mini-Review). The Scientific World Journal. 10:1472-1482.
42. Liu Fang, Merle G. Paule, Syed Ali and Cheng Wang (2011) Ketamine-induced Neurotoxicity and Changes in Gene Expression in the Developing Rat Brain. Current Neuropharmacology. 9:256-261. (A78)
43. Zhang Xuan, MG Paule, GD Newport, N. Sadovova, MS Berridge, SM Apana, G Kabalka, W Miao, W Slikker, Jr. and C Wang (2011) MicroPET imaging of ketamine-induced neuronal apoptosis with radiolabeled DFNSH. Journal of Neurotransmission. 118:203-211. (A82)
44. Liu Fang, N. Sadovova, X. Zhang, L. Shi, L. Guo, F. Qian, Z. Wen, T A. Patterson, J.P. Hanig, M. Paule, W Slikker, Jr. and C. Wang (2011) Changes in gene expression after phencyclidine administration in developing rats: a potential animal model of schizophrenia. International Journal of Developmental Neuroscience. 29: 351-358. (A81)
45. Paule M.G, M. Li, R. R. Allen, F. Liu, X. Zou, C. Hotchkiss, J. P. Hanig, T. A. Patterson, W. Slikker, Jr. and C. Wang (2011) Ketamine anesthesia during the first week of life can cause long-lasting cognitive deficits in rhesus monkeys. Neurotoxicology and Teratology. 33: 220-230. (A83)
46. Wang Cheng, Xuan Zhang, Fang Liu, Merle G. Paule, William Slikker Jr. (2011) Alterations in N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) Receptor Function and Potential Involvement in Anesthetic-induced Neurodegeneration. Brain Research Journal. 3:155-172.
47. Wang Cheng, Merle G. Paule, Fang Liu, William Slikker Jr. (2011) Application of Systems Biology in Developmental Neuronal Toxicity. Journal of Drug Metabolism & Toxicology. 2:1-3. http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2157-7609.1000e101. (A90)
48. Zou Xiaoju, Fang Liu, Xuan Zhang, Tucker A. Patterson, Ralph Callicott, Shuliang Liu Joseph P. Hanig, Merle G. Paule, William Slikker, Jr. and Cheng Wang (2011) Inhalation Anesthetic-induced Neuronal Degeneration in the Developing Rhesus Monkey. Neurotoxicology and Teratology. 33:592-597. (A73). This paper has been selected and evaluated by Vesna Jevtovic-Todorovic, a Member of the Faculty of 1000 (F1000), which places our work in the top 2% of published articles in biology and medicine.
49. Chiang Hsiu-mei, Qingsu Xia, Xiaoju Zou, Cheng Wang, Shuguang Wang, Barbara J. Miller, Paul C. Howard, Jun Jie Yin, Frederick A. Beland, Hongtao Yu and Peter P. Fu (2012) Nano-ZnO induces cytotoxicity and DNA damage in human cell lines and rat primary neuronal cells. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. 12:2126-2135.
50. Liu Fang, Lei Guo, Jie Zhang, Shuo W. Rainosek, Leming Shi, Tucker A. Patterson, Quan Li, Natalya Sadovova, Joseph P. Hanig, Merle G. Paule, William Slikker, Jr., and Cheng Wang (2012) Inhalation Anesthesia-Induced Neuronal Damage and Gene Expression Changes in Developing Rat Brain. Systems Pharmacology. 1:1-9. DOI: 10.2478/sph-2012-0001 • SPH • Volume 1 • 1–9
51. Chiang Hsiu-mei, Qingsu Xia, Fang Liu, Lei Guo, Cheng Wang, Jun Jie Yin, Frederick A. Beland and Peter P. Fu (2012) Phototoxicity of kava - Formation of reactive oxygen species leading to lipid peroxidation and DNA damage. The American Journal of Chinese Medicine. Vol. 40, No.6, 1271-1288. Doi: 10.1142/so192415X12500942.
52. Liu Fang, Xuan Zhang, Tucker A. Patterson, Shuliang Liu, Syed F. Ali, Merle G. Paule, William Slikker, Jr. and Cheng Wang (2012) Assessment of Potential Neuronal Toxicity of Inhaled Anesthetics in the Developing Nonhuman Primate. Journal of Drug and Alcohol Research (JDAR). 1:1-9. doi:10.4303/jdar/235607. (A93)
53. Wang Cheng (2012) Advanced pre-clinical research approaches and models to studying pediatric anesthetic neurotoxicity. Frontiers in Neurology. 3:(Article 142) 1-6. doi: 10.3389/fneu.2012.00142.
54. Zhang Xuan, M.G. Paule, G.D. Newport, F. Liu, R. Callicott, S. Liu, M.S. Berridge, S.M. Apana, W. Slikker Jr., and C. Wang (2012) MicroPET/CT imaging of [18F]-FEPPA in the nonhuman primate: a potential biomarker of pathogenic processes associated with anesthetic-induced neurotoxicity. ISRN Anesthesiology. Article ID 261640, 11 pages. Doi:10.5402/2012/261640. (A96)
55. Wang Cheng, Merle G. Paule, Fang Liu, Tucker A. Patterson, William Slikker Jr. (2012) Nonhuman Primate Models and Developmental Neuronal Toxicity. Journal of Drug Metabolism & Toxicology. 3:6 (3:e113). doi:10.4172/2157-7609.1000e113.
56. Liu Fang, T.A. Patterson, N. Sadovova, X Zhang, S Liu, X Zou, J. Hanig, M.G. Paule, W. Slikker, Jr., and C. Wang (2013) Ketamine-Induced Neuronal Damage and Altered N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) Receptor Function in Rat Primary Forebrain Culture. Toxicological Science. 131(2):548-557. doi:10.1093/toxsci/ kfs296.This paper has been selected as being of special interest to the drug development sector. It has been listed in edition of Global Medical Discovery Series.
57. Wang Cheng, Fang Liu, Tucker A. Patterson, Merle G. Paule and William Slikker Jr. (2013) Preclinical Assessment of Ketamine. CNS Neurosciences and Therapeutics. (2013) 1-6. DOI: 10.111/cns.12079
58. Zhang Xuan, Merle G. Paule, Cheng Wang, William Slikker, Jr. (2013) Application of microPET imaging approaches in the study of pediatric anesthetic-induced neuronal toxicity. Journal of Applied Toxicology. (wileyonlinelibrary. com) DOI 10.1002/jat.2857
59. Zhang Xuan1, S. Liu1, M.G. Paule1, G.D. Newport1, R. Callicott1, M.S. Berridge2, S.M. Apana2, W. Slikker, Jr.1 and C. Wang1* (2013) Protective effects of acetyl L-carnitine on inhalation anesthetic-induced neuronal damage in the nonhuman primate. Journal of Molecular Pharmaceutics & Organic Process Research. 1:1-7. http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/jmpopr.1000102.
60. Zhang Xuan, Glenn D. Newport, Merle G. Paule, Shuliang Liu, Marc Berridge, Scott Apana, Syed F. Ali, William Slikker Jr. and Cheng Wang (2013) Quantitative Assessment of Acetyl-carnitine Effects on Anesthetic-Induced Neuronal Death using MicroPET/CT Imaging. Journal of Drug and Alcohol Research (JDAR). Vol. 2 (2013), Article ID 235653, doi:10.4303/jdar/235653.
61. Liu Shuliang, Merle G. Paule, Xuan Zhang, Glenn D. Newport, Scott M. Apana, Marc S. Berridge, Tucker A. Patterson, Syed F. Ali, William Slikker Jr, Cheng Wang (2013) The Evaluation of Sevoflurane-induced Apoptotic Neuro-degeneration with microPET using [18F]-DFNSH in the Developing Rat Brain. Journal of Drug and Alcohol Research. Vol. 2 (2013) Article ID 235679, 7 pages, doi:10.4303/jdar/235679.
62. Wang Cheng, Fang Liu, Tucker A. Patterson, Merle G. Paule, William Slikker, Jr. (2013) Utilization of Neural Stem Cell-Derived Models to Study Anesthesia-Related Toxicity and protection. Molecular Neurobiology. Volume 48, Issue 2 (2013), Page 302-307. DOI: 10.1007/s12035-013-8501-z. (A98)
63. Wang Cheng (2013) Critical Regulation of Calcium Signaling and NMDA-type Glutamate Receptor in Developmental Neural Toxicity (Expert review article). Journal of Drug Metabolism & Toxicology. 4:3. http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2157-7609.1000151
64. Fang Liu, Shuo W. Rainosek, Natalya Sadovova, Charles M. Fogle, Tucker A. Patterson, Joseph P. Hanig, Merle G. Paule, William Slikker, Jr., and Cheng Wang (2014) Protective Effect of Acetyl-L-Carnitine on Propofol-Induced Toxicity in Embryonic Neural Stem Cells. Neurotoxicology. 42:49-57.
65. Liu Shuliang, Merle G. Paule, Xuan Zhang, Glenn D. Newport, Scott M. Apana, Marc S. Berridge, Tucker A. Patterson, Mackean Peter Maisha, William Slikker Jr, Cheng Wang (2014) Positron Emission Topography with [18F]-FLT revealed Sevoflurane-induced Inhibition of Neural Progenitor Cell Expansion in vivo. Frontiers in Neurology, Neurogenomics. Volum 5/Article 234. Doi: 10.3389/fneur.2014.00234.
66. Wang Cheng, Fang Liu, Tucker A. Patterson, Merle G. Paule, William Slikker, Jr. (2014) Anesthetic-induced Neurotoxicity and Neural Stem Cell Proliferation. World Journal of Stem Cells. Accepted.
67. William Slikker, Fang Liu, Shuo W. Rainosek, Tucker A. Patterson, Natalya Sadovova, Merle G. Paule, Cheng Wang (2015) Ketamine-induced toxicity in neurons differentiated from neural stem cells. Molecular Neurobiology. DOI: 10.1007/s12035-015-9248-5.
68. Liu Fang, S.W. Rainosck, J.L. Frisch-Daiello, T.A. Patterson, M.G. Paule, W. Slikker, Jr., C. Wang and X. Han (2015) Potential adverse effects of prolonged sevoflurane exposure on developing monkey brain: from abnormal lipid metabolism to neuronal damage. Toxicological Science. 147(2), 2015, 562–572. doi: 10.1093/toxsci/kfv150
69. Wang Cheng (2015) Application of In Vitro Models in Developmental Neurotoxicity and Pharmaceutics Research. Journal of Molecular pharmaceutics & Organic process Research. 4:1, http//dx.doi.org/10.4172/2329-9053. 10000e122.
70. Liu Fang and Wang Cheng (2015) Application of Omics Technologies to Neural Stem Cell Studies. J Pharmacogenomics & Pharmacoproteomics 2015, 6:3. http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/22153-0645.1000e146.
71. Wang Cheng, (2016) Advanced Techniques to Study Anesthetic Effects pn the Nervous System. Global Journal of Anesthesiology (GJA). 3(1):007-010. Doi:10.17352/2455-3476.000023.
72. Zhang X, Liu S, Newport GD, Paule MG, Callicott R, Thompson J, Liu F, Patterson TA, Berridge MS, Apana SM, Brown CC, Maisha MP, Hanig JP, Slikker W Jr, Wang C. (2016) In Vivo Monitoring of Sevoflurane-induced Adverse Effects in Neonatal Nonhuman Primates Using Small-animal Positron Emission Tomography. Anesthesiology. 2016 Jul;125(1):133-146.
73. X Zhang, GD Newport, R Callicott, S Liu, J Thompson, MS Berridge, SM Apana, W Slikker, Jr., C Wang and MG Paule. MicroPET/CT Assessment of FDG Uptake in Brain after Long-term Methylphenidate Treatment in Nonhuman Primates. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2016 Jul-Aug; 56:68-74.
74. Liu Fang and Wang Cheng (2016) MicroRNAs role in the central nervous system development and abnormalities. J Pharmacogenomics & Pharmacoproteomics 2016, 7:3. http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/22153-0645.1000e154.
75. X Zhang, F Liu, W Slikker, Jr., C Wang, MG Paule (2017) Minimally invasive biomarkers of anesthetic-induced developmental neurotoxicity. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 60 (2017) 95-101. http://dx.doi.org/ 10.1016/j.ntt.2016.10.007. 0892-0362/Published by Elsevier Inc.
76. Shuliang Liu1, Xuan Zhang1, Fang Liu1, Merle G. Paule1, Ralph Callicott2, Glenn D. Newport1, Syed F. Ali1, Tucker A. Patterson3, Scott M. Apana4, Marc S. Berridge4, Mackean P. Maisha5, Joseph P. Hanig6, William Slikker Jr. 3, Cheng Wang1 (2017) The utility of a nonhuman primate model for assessing anesthetic-induced developmental neurotoxicity. Journal of Drug and Alcohol Research (JDAR) Accepted.
77. Cheng Wang, Xuan Zhang and Fang Liu (2017) Application of Advanced Preclinical Models and Methods in Anesthetic Neurotoxicity Research. Neurotoxicology and Teratology. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1016/j.ntt.2017.04.001.
78. Wang Cheng, Fang Liu, Tucker A. Patterson, Merle G. Paule, William Slikker, Jr. (2017) Relationship between Ketamine-Induced Developmental Neurotoxicity and NMDA Receptor-Mediated Calcium Influx in Neural Stem Cell-Derived Neurons. Neurotoxicology. DOI: 10.1016/j.neuro.2016.04.015.
79. Chunyan Wang, Fang Liu, Jessica L. Frisch-Daiello, Shannon Martin, Tucker A. Patterson, Qiang Gu, Shuliang Liu, Merle G. Paule, Joseph P. Hanig, William Slikker, Jr., Peter A. Crawford, Cheng Wang, and Xianlin Han (2017) Disturbed energy metabolism present in neonatal monkeys after sevoflurane exposure as evidenced with marked serum lipid changes: A potential causal factor leading to and biomarkers for neurotoxicity. Toxicological Science. Submitted.
Hon. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Global Journal of Obesity, Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
Wei Min HUANG
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Archive of Biomedical Science and Engineering
Leeds Beckett University, UK
Archives of Community Medicine and Public Health
Dr. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Archive of Gerontology and Geriatrics Research
Lund University, Sweden
Annals of Environmental Science and Toxicology
CHA University, Republic of Korea
International Journal of Immunotherapy and Cancer Research
Beijing University of Technology , PR China
Journal of Civil Engineering and Environmental Sciences
California South University, USA
Open Journal of Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry
Thomas F. George
University of Missouri - St. Louis, USA
Open Journal of Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry
Columbia University, USA
Journal of Novel Physiotherapy and Physical Rehabilitation