He serves as the editor-in-chief, editor and associate editor of a number of international medical journals. Dr Cho is also an international renowned grant reviewer of the Hope Funds for Cancer Research (USA), Cancer Research (UK), MRC Research Grant (UK), Health Research Board (Ireland), Science Foundation (Ireland), Istituto Toscano Tumori (Firenze), The Foundation Fournier-Majoie for Innovation (Brussels), National Medical Research Council (Singapore), The Medical Research Council (South Africa), and Academia Sinica Investigator Award (Taiwan), etc.
Number of Publications: 180 SCI papers
1. Özdemir V, Cho WC. Theranostics: rethinking postgenomic diagnostics. Expert Rev Mol
Diagn 2012;12(8):in press.
2. Cho WC, Ling C-Q. Natural products for liver diseases: basic, clinical, and translational
research. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2012;doi:10.1155/2012/794343.
3. Jiang W, Peng J, Zhang Y, Cho WC, Jin K. The implications of cancer stem cells for cancer
therapy. Int J Mol Sci 2012;13(12):16636-16657.
4. He Y, Zhao X, Cho WC, Gao J, Fan L, Yang G, Chen H. Quantum dots-based
immunofluorescent imaging of stromal fibroblasts caveolin-1 and light chain 3B
expression and identification of their clinical significance in human gastric cancer. Int J
Mol Sci 2012;13(11):13764-13780.
5. López E, Cho WC. Phosphoproteomics and lung cancer research. Int J Mol Sci
6. Li T, Cho WC. MicroRNAs: mechanisms, functions and progress. Genomics Proteomics
7. He B, Pan Y, Cho WC, Xu Y, Gu L, Nie Z, Chen L, Song G, Gao T, Li R, Wang S. The
association between four genetic variants in microRNAs (rs11614913, rs2910164,
rs3746444, rs2292832) and cancer risk: evidence from published studies. PLoS One
8. Jiang B, Mason J, Jewett A, Cho WC, Man Y. Tube-like structures with co-expression of
D2-40 and CD34: newly formed vasculatures? Int J Biol Sci 2012;8(8):1206-1216.
9. Wu K, House L, Liu W, Cho WC. Personalized targeted therapy for lung cancer. Int J Mol
10. Cho WC. Personalized medicine through genome science and network biology advances.
Gastric Breast Cancer 2012;11(4): 216-220.
11. Chen X, Andersson R, Cho WC, Christiani D, Coico R, Drazen J, Ege M, Fehniger T, Gao
H, Jin K, Liebman MN, Lopez E, Marraro G, Marko-Varga G, Marincola FM, Popescu
LM, Spada C, Shahzad A, Wang E, Wang W, Wang X, Wang Y-X, Xia J, Qu J. The
international effort: building the bridge for translational medicine: report of the 1st
International Conference of Translational Medicine (ICTM). Clin Transl Med 2012;1:15.
12. Cho WC. Tumor diversity: implementing NGS into clinic. Gastric Breast Cancer
13. Cho WC. Science and technology: revealing genome networks for improving health.
Gastric Breast Cancer 2012;11(2):58-64.
14. Cho WC. The up and down of KRAS testing for personalized colorectal cancer treatment.
Gastric Breast Cancer 2012;11(1):29-31.
15. Eddouks M, Chattopadhyay D, De Feo V, Cho WC. Medicinal plants in the prevention and
treatment of chronic diseases. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2012;2012:458274.
16. Cho WC, Ziogas DE, Katsios C, Roukos DH. Emerging personalized oncology:
sequencing and systems strategies. Future Oncol 2012;8(6):637-641.
17. Qi CF, Kim YS, Xiang S, Abdullaev Z, Torrey TA, Janz S, Kovalchuk AL, Sun J, Chen
D, Cho WC, Gu W, Morse HC III. Characterization of ARF-BP1/HUWE1 interactions
with CTCF, MYC, ARF and p53 in MYC-driven B cell neoplasms. Int J Mol Sci
18. Cho WC. MicroRNAs as therapeutic targets and their potential applications in cancer
therapy. Expert Opin Ther Targets 2012;16(8):747-759.
19. Xu DD, Hoeven R, Rong R, Cho WC. Rhynchophylline protects cultured rat neurons
against methamphetamine cytotoxicity. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med
20. Cho WC. Great potential of microRNAs as predictive and prognostic markers for cancer.
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 2012;12(4):315-318.
21. Zhong LL, Chen HY, Cho WC, Meng XM, Tong Y. The efficacy of Chinese herbal
medicine as an adjunctive therapy for colorectal cancer: a systematic review and
meta-analysis. Compliment Ther Med 2012;20(4):240-252.
22. Liu N, Chen NY, Cui RX, Li WF, Li Y, Wei RR, Zhang MY, Sun Y, Huang BJ, Chen M,
He QM, Jiang N, Chen L, Cho WC, Yun JP, Zeng J, Liu LZ, Li L, Guo Y, Wang HY, Ma
J. Prognostic value of a microRNA signature in nasopharyngeal carcinoma: a microRNA
expression analysis. Lancet Oncol 2012;13(6):633-641.
23. Chan LW, Wang FF, Cho WC. Genomic sequence analysis of EGFR regulation by
microRNAs in lung cancer. Curr Top Med Chem 2012;12(8):920-926.
24. Cho WC. Exploiting the therapeutic potential of microRNAs in human cancer. Expert Opin
Ther Targets 2012;16(4):345-350.
25. Cho WC. Circulating microRNAs as minimally invasive biomarkers for cancer theragnosis
and prognosis. Front Genet 2011;2:7.
26. Cho WC. Grand challenges and opportunities in deciphering the role of non-coding RNAs
in human diseases. Front Genet 2011;2:1.
27. Cho WC. Targeting the signaling pathways in cancer therapy. Expert Opin Ther Targets
28. Cho WC. Proteome profiling for the identification of lung cancer signatures. Expert Rev
29. Cho WC. Promises and challenges in developing miRNA as a molecular diagnostic tool for
lung cancer. Expert Rev Mol Diagn 2011;11(8):763-766.
30. Cho WC. Epigenetic alteration of microRNAs in feces of colorectal cancer and its clinical
significance. Expert Rev Mol Diagn 2011;11(7):691-694.
31. Cho WC, Kwan CK, Yau S, So PP, Poon PC, Au JS. The role of inflammation in the
pathogenesis of lung cancer. Expert Opin Ther Targets 2011;15(9):1127-1137.
32. Xu DD, Cho WC, Wu P, Lam HM, Leung AW. Photo-activated pheophorbide a inhibits
the growth of prostate cancer cells. Laser Physics 2011;21(9):1670-1674.
33. Zhang YZ, Zhang LH, Gao Y, Li CH, Jia SQ, Liu N, Cheng F, Niu DY, Cho WC, Ji JF,
Zeng CQ. Discovery and validation of prognostic markers in gastric cancer by
genome-wide expression profiling. World J Gastroenterol 2011;17(13):1710-1717.
34. Cho WC. Proteomics and translational medicine: molecular biomarkers for cancer
diagnosis, prognosis and prediction of therapy. Expert Rev Proteomics 2011;8(1):1-4.
35. Cho WC, Chow AS, Au JS. miR-145 inhibits cell proliferation of human lung
adenocarcinoma by targeting EGFR and NUDT1. RNA Biology 2011;8(1):125-131.
36. Cho WC. Molecular diagnostics for monitoring and predicting therapeutic effect in cancer.
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 2011;11(1):9-12.
37. Cho WC. Conquering cancer through discovery research. IUBMB Life
38. Cho WC. MicroRNAs as therapeutic targets for lung cancer. Expert Opin Ther Targets
39. Cho WC. Recent progress in genetic variants associated with cancer and their implications
in diagnostics development. Expert Rev Mol Diagn 2010;10(6):699-703.
40. Cho WC. Scientific evidence on the supportive cancer care with Chinese medicine.
Zhongguo Fei Ai Za Zhi 2010;13(3):190-194.
41. Cho WC, Yip TT, Cheng WW, Au JS. Serum amyloid A is elevated in the serum of lung
cancer patients with poor prognosis. Br J Cancer 2010;102(12):1731-1735.
42. Cho WC. MicroRNAs: potential biomarkers for cancer diagnosis, prognosis and targets for
therapy. Int J Biochem Cell Biol 2010;42(8):1273-1281.
43. Wang HQ, Zhu HL, Cho WC, Yip TT, Ngan RK, Law SC. Method of regulatory network
that can explore protein regulations for disease classification. Artif Intell Med
44. Cho WC. MicroRNAs in cancer - from research to therapy. Biochim Biophys Acta - Rev
45. Wang HQ, Zhu HL, Zheng CH, Yip TT, Cho WC, Law SC. Mining protein regulatory
relationships using neural network methods for early prediction of SARS. J Circuit Syst
46. Cho WC. Role of miRNAs in lung cancer. Expert Rev Mol Diagn 2009;9(8):773-776.
47. Cho WC. Updates in cancer research: insights from the AACR 100th Annual Meeting.
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 2009;9(5):411-416.
48. Cho WC. Cancer research on non-small cell lung cancer in smokers and non-smokers:
snapshots from the AACR annual meeting 2009. Cancer Biol Ther 2009;8(14):1309-1312.
49. Cho WC, Chow AS, Au JS. Restoration of tumour suppressor hsa-miR-145 inhibits cancer
cell growth in lung adenocarcinoma patients with epidermal growth factor receptor
mutation. Eur J Cancer 2009;45(12):2197-2206.
50. Cho WC, Chen HY. Transcatheter arterial chemoembolization combined with or without
Chinese herbal therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma: meta-analysis. Expert Opin Investig
Drugs 2009;18(5):617-635 and more.......
Ohio State University, USA
Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine and Cardiology
Samy I. McFarlane
State University of New York, Downstate Medical Centre, Brooklyn, New York, USA
International Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
Peter Lloyd Nara
Private Compnay- Biological Mimetics, Inc., USA
Annals of Antivirals and Antiretrovirals
Wei Min HUANG
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Archive of Biomedical Science and Engineering
University of Nantes, France
Archives of Depression and Anxiety
Kyushu University, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Fukuoka, Japan
Global Journal of Cancer Therapy
Southeastern University, China
Trends in Computer Science and Information Technology
Democritus University of Thrace , Greece
International Journal of Vascular Surgery and Medicine
Journal of Addiction Medicine and Therapeutic Science
Beijing University of Technology , PR China
Journal of Civil Engineering and Environmental Sciences