Research Interest: Evaluation of biological activity of plant foods: anti-inflammatory, anti-glycation, anti-oxidant activities Influences of heat treatment on biological activity of foods.
List of Publications:
1. Ho, Su-Chen, Chang, Yi-Huang, “Comparison of inhibitory capacities of 6-, 8- and 10-gingerols/shogaols on the canonical NLRP3 inflammasome-mediated IL-1β secretion” Molecules, Vol. 23, 2018, 02, p. 466.
2. Ho, Su-Chen, Su, Min-Sheng, Lin, Chih- Cheng, Chiu, Chui-Feng, “Comparison of anti-glycation capacity of two new purple-colored-leaf tea cultivars with an ordinary green-colored-leaf tea cultivar in Taiwan,” Global Journal of Obesity, Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome, Vol. 4, No. 1, 2017, 02, pp. 009-015.
3. Yang, Tzu-Ting, Ho, Su-Chen, Chuang, Lu-Te, Chuang, Hsiao-Chi, Li, Ya-Ting, Wu, Jyun-Jie, “Characterization of particulate-phase polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons emitted from incense burning and their bioreactivity in RAW264.7 macrophage,” Environmental Pollution, Vol. 220, 2017, 01, pp. 1190-1198.
4. Ho, Su-Chen, Su, Min-Sheng, “Optimized heat treatment enhances the anti-inflammatory capacity of ginger “ International Journal of Food Properties, Vol. 19, 2016, pp. 1884-1898.
5. Ho, Su-Chen, Su, Min-Sheng, “Evaluating the anti-neuroinflammatory capacity of raw and steamed garlic as well as five organosulfur compounds,” Molecules, Vol. 19, No. 11, 2014, pp. 17697-17714.
6. Ho, Su-Chen, Kuo, Chun-Ting, “Hesperidin, Nobiletin, and Tangeretin Are Collectively Responsible for the Anti-neuroinflammatory Capacity of Tangerine Peel (Citri reticulatae pericarpium)” Food and Chemical Toxicology, Vol. 71, 2014, pp. 176-182.
7. Ho, Su-Chen, Chang, Pei-Wen, Tong, Hui-Ting, Yu, Pin-Yuan, “Inhibition of Fluorescent Advanced Glycation End-products and N-carboxymethyllysine Formation by Several Floral Herbal Infusions,” International Journal of Food Properties, Vol. 17, 2014, pp. 617-628.
8. Ho, Su-Chen, Su, Min-Sheng, Lin, Chih-Cheng, “Comparison of Peroxynitrite-Scavenging Capacities of Several Citrus Fruit Peels,” International Journal of Food Properties, Vol. 17, 2014, pp. 111-124.
9. Ho, Su-Chen, Chang, Ku-Shang, Lin, Chih-Cheng, “Anti-neuroinflammatory Capacity of Fresh Ginger Is Attributed Mainly to 10-Gingerol,” Food Chemistry, Vol. 141, No. 3, 2013, 12, pp. 3183-3191.
10. Ho, Su-Chen, Chang, Ku-Shang, Chang, Pei-Wen, “Inhibition of Neuroinflammation by Cinnamon and its Main Components,” Food Chemistry, Vol. 138, No. 4, 2013, pp. 2275-2282.
11. Ho, Su-Chen, Chang, Pei-Wen, “Inhibitory Effects of Several Spices on Inflammation Caused by Advanced Glycation Endproducts,” American Journal of Plant Sciences, Vol. 3, No. 7, 2012, pp. 995-1002.
12. Ho, Su-Chen, Wu, Szu-Pei, Lin, Shyh-Mirn, Tang, Ya-Li, “Comparison of Anti-glycation Capacities of Several Herbal Infusions with that of Green Tea,” Food Chemistry, Vol. 122, 2010, pp. 768-744.
13. Lin, Shih-Min, Wang, Shih-Wei, Ho, Su-Chen, Tang, Ya-Li, “Protective Effect of Green Tea (-)-Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) Against the Monoamine Oxidase B Enzyme Activity Increase in Adult Rat Brains,” Nutrition, Vol. 26, 2010, pp. 1195-1200.
14. Huang, Yung-Sheng, Ho, Su-Chen, “Polymethoxy Flavones Are Responsible for the Anti-inflammatory Activity of Citrus Fruit Peel,”Food Chemistry, Vol. 119, 2010, pp. 868-873.
15. Ho, Su-Chen, Tang, Ya-Li, Lin, Shih-Min, Liew, Yih-Fong, “Evaluation of Peroxynitrite-Scavenging Capacities of Several Commonly Used Fresh Spices,” Food Chemistry, Vol. 119, 2010, pp. 1102-1107.
16. Ho, Su-Chen, Lin, Chih-Cheng, “Investigation of Heat Treating Conditions for Enhancing the Anti-inflammatory Activity of Citrus Fruit (Citrus reticulata) Peels,”Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, Vol. 56, 2008, pp. 7976-7982.
17. Lin, Chih-Cheng, Hung, Pi-Fong, Ho, Su-Chen, “Heat Treatment Enhances the NO-suppressing and Peroxynitrite-intercepting Activities of Kumquat’s (Fortunella margarita Swingle) Peel,”Food Chemistry, Vol. 109, 2008, pp. 95-103.
18. Ho, Su-Chen, Tsai, Tzung-Hsun, Tsai, Po-Jung, Lin, Chih-Cheng, “Protective Capacities of Certain Spices Against Peroxynitrite-mediated Biomolecular Damage,”Food and Chemical Toxicology, Vol. 46, 2008, pp. 920-928.
19. Ho, Su-Chen, Hwang, Lucy Sun, Shen, Yi-Jane, Lin, Chih-Cheng, “Suppressive Effect of a Proanthocyanidin-rich Extract from Longan (Dimocarpus longan Lour.) Flowers on Nitric Oxide Production in LPS-Stimulated Macrophage Cells,”Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, Vol. 55, No. 26, 2007, pp. 10664-10670.
20. Tsai, Po-Jung, Tsai, Tzung-Hsun, Ho, Su-Chen, “In vitro Inhibitory Effects of Rosemary Extracts on Growth and Glucosyltransferase Activity of Streptococcus sobrinus,” Food Chemistry, Vol. 105, 2007, pp. 311-316.
21. Tsai, Po-Jung, Tsai, Tzung-Hsun, Yu, Chun-Hsien, Ho, Su-Chen, “Evaluation of NO-suppressing Activity of Several Mediterranean Culinary Spices,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, Vol. 45, 2007, pp. 440-447.
22. Tsai, Po-Jung, Tsai, Tzung-Hsun, Yu, Chun-Hsien, Ho, Su-Chen, “Comparison of NO-scavenging and NO-suppressing Activities of Different Herbal Teas with those of Green Tea,” Food Chemistry, Vol. 103, 2007, pp. 181-187.
23. Lin, Chih-Cheng, Lu, Min-Jer, Chen, Shen-Jen, Ho, Su-Chen, “Heavy Fermentation Impacts NO-Suppressing Activity of Tea in LPS-activated RAW 264.7 Macrophages,” Food Chemistry, Vol. 98, 2006, pp. 483-489.
24. Tsai, Tzung-Hsun, Tsai, Po-Jung, Ho, Su-Chen, “Antioxidant and Antiinflammatory Activities of Several Commonly Used Spices,” Journal of Food Science, Vol. 70, No. 1, 2005, pp. pp. C93-C97.
25. Tsai, Po-Jung, Yu, Chun-Hsien, Hsu SP, Lee YH, Huang IT, Ho, Su-Chen, Chu CH “Maternal plasma adiponectin concentrations at 24 to 31 weeks of gestation: Negative association with gestational diabetes mellitus” Nutrition, Vol. 21, No. 11-12, 2005, pp.1095-9 •
26. Tsai, Po-Jung, Ho, Su-Chen, Tsai LP, Lee YH, Hsu SP, Yang SP, Chu CH, Yu, Chun-Hsien, “Lack of relationship between beta3-adrenergic receptor gene polymorphism and gestational diabetes mellitus in a Taiwanese population” Metabolism, Vol. 53, No. 9, 2004, pp.1136-9.
27. Tsai, Po-Jung, Yu, Chun-Hsien, Hsu SP, Lee YH, Chiou CH, Hsu YW, Ho, Su-Chen, Chu CH. “Cord plasma concentrations of adiponectin and leptin in healthy term neonates: positive correlation with birthweight and neonatal adiposity” Clin. Endocrinol. Vol. 61, 2004, pp. 88-93.
28. Ho, Su-Chen, Tsai, Po-Jung, ”Comparison of the effects of "hot" and "cold" Chinese medicinal plants on the production of inflammatory mediators by RAW 264.7 cells” Journal of Food and Drug Analysis, Vol. 12, No. 2, 2004, pp. 120-127.
University of Padua, Italy
Journal of Gynecological Research and Obstetrics
UNIVERSITY OF REIMS , FRANCE
Archives of Sports Medicine and Physiotherapy
Southeastern University, China
Trends in Computer Science and Information Technology
Samy I. McFarlane
State University of New York, Downstate Medical Centre, Brooklyn, New York, USA
International Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
Leeds Beckett University, UK
Archives of Community Medicine and Public Health
University of Parma, Italy
International Journal of Dermatology and Clinical Research
ReGenera R&D International for Aging Intervention & San Babila Clinic, Milano, Italy
Archives of Clinical Gastroenterology
University of Athens, Greece
Open Journal of Chemistry
University of Pisa, Italy
Annals of Psychiatry and Treatment
Dr. Rath Research Institute
1260 Memorex Drive, Santa Clara, USA
Global Journal of Cancer Therapy