University of Pisa, Italy
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +39 3382694718; + 39
Interest: ADHD and Autistic disorder.
Interest: Wilson's disease, Parkinson's disease,
Research Interest: Personality disorders, psychotherapy, psychogeriatrics, dementia.
• 1983, Stevenson, J New South Wales Institute of Psychiatry Fellowship ‘Outcome of Psychotherapy in Borderline Patients’.
• 2002 Meares R, Stevenson J, NHMRC research grant, “Borderline personality disorder: a randomised controlled trial to evaluate patient outcome after psychodynamic-interpersonal psychotherapy (PIP) at Cumberland Hospital” ID 219214 for $100,000 over 2 years. These two studies have produced over 10 publications and have resulted in invitations to speak at the American Psychiatric Association Conference in New York, and the ISSPD conference in Florence.
• 2013 NHMRC Project grant application: “ Emotional and cognitive processing in adults with conversion disorder: an integrated developmental neuroscience and relational perspective”
1. Stevenson J & Meares R. An Outcome study of Psychotherapy for patients with Borderline Personality Disorder. Am J Psychiatry 149:3, March 1992. (Impact factor 14.72). This was a landmark publication, the first outcome study of the effects of psychotherapy in borderline personality disorder. It has been widely cited in the personality disorder literature.
2. Taylor, M. A., Stevenson J. & Meares, R. 1993. Psychotherapy and borderline personality disorder . American Journal of Psychiatry, 150, 847-848 (Impact factor 14.72)
3. Fairley M, Jones RC, McGuire BE, et al.: Multiple personality disorder in an intellectually disabled man: a case report. Australian & New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry 29:146-149, 1995. (Impact factor 3.29)
4. Stevenson J Outcome Studies of Psychotherapy in Borderline Personality Disorders. Directions in Psychiatry. Vol 15, No 5, March 8, 1995
5. Sara G, Stevenson J and Green A. Personality Disorder and serious mental illness: Australasian Psychiatry 1995; 3: 265-268.
6. Meares R, Stevenson J, Comerford A (1999) Psychotherapy with Borderline Patients, I: a comparison between treated and untreated cohorts. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry 33; 467-472.
7. Stevenson J, Meares R (1999) Psychotherapy with Borderline Patients, II: a preliminary cost benefit study. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry 33; 473-477
This study was influential in the introduction of Medicare Item 319, which allows patients with severe personality disorders to have in depth psychotherapy.
8. Hall J, Caleo S, Stevenson J. (1999) Economic analysis of Psychotherapy for Borderline Personality Patients (Project Report 9) CHERE, University of Sydney
9. Meares R, Stevenson J, Gordon E. A Jacksonian and biopsychosocial hypothesis concerning borderline and related phenomena: Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry 1999; 33: 831-840
10. Meares R. & Stevenson, J. 2000. Borderline personality disorder.[comment]. Australian & New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, 34, 869-71
11. Stevenson J, Comerford A, Meares R. (2003) Diminished impulsivity in Older Patients with Borderline Personality Disorder. American Journal of Psychiatry,160,165-166. (Impact factor 14.72)
12. Jane Hall, Sue Caleo, Janine Stevenson, Russell Meares. (2001) An Economic Analysis of Psychotherapy for Borderline Personality Disorder Patients. The Journal of Mental Health Policy and Economics 4, 3-8
13. Meares R, Stevenson J, D’Angelo R. (2002) Eysenck’s challenge to Psychotherapy: A view of the effects 50 years on. Australian & New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry 36:812-815
14. Stevenson J, Meares R, D’Angelo R. Five-year outcome of outpatient psychotherapy with borderline patients. Psychological Medicine, 2005,35,79-87 (Impact factor 6.16)
15. Yee, L., Korner, A.J., McSwiggan, S., Meares, R.A., Stevenson, J. Persistent hallucinosis in borderline personality disorder. Comprehensive Psychiatry, 46:147-154. (Impact factor 4.28)
16. YeeL., Korner A. J., McSwiggan S., Meares, R. A. & Stevenson, J. 2005. Erratum: Persistent hallucinosis in borderline personality disorder (Comprehensive Psychiatry (2005) 46 (147-154) DOI: 10.1016/j.comppsych.2004.07. 032). Comprehensive Psychiatry, 46, 238.
17. Korner, A., Gerull, F., Meares, R., Stevenson, J. (2006) Borderline Personality Disorder treated with the Conversational Model: A replication study. Comprehensive Psychiatry, 47(5): 406-11
18. Stevenson J. Personality Disorder in the Elderly and the Effect on Outcome of comorbid Axis I Disorder. Acta Neuropsychiatrica, vol. 18, no.6: 318-319
19. Gerull FC, Meares R, Stevenson J, Korner A & Newman L (2008) The beneficial effect on family life in treating borderline personality. Psychiatry Interpersonal & Biological Processes. 71(1) Spring 2008 pp59-70
20. Anthony Korner, Friederike Gerull, Janine Stevenson, Russell Meares.(2007) Harm avoidance, self-harm, psychic pain, and the borderline personality: life in a “haunted house” Comprehensive Psychiatry, 48 (3) 303-308
21. Meares, Gerull, Korner, Melkonian, Stevenson, Samir. Somatization and Stimulus Entrapment. Journal of the American Academy of Psychoanalysis and Dynamic Psychiatry, 36(1) 165-180, 2008
22. Korner A, Gerull F, Meares R, Stevenson J. The Nothing that is something: Core dysphoria as the central feature of Borderline Personality Disorder. Am J Psychotherapy 2008 62:4 377-394
23. Stevenson J, Boyce P & Brodaty H. (2008) Complex Case: The Relationship between and treatment of, DSM Axis I and II disorders encountered in combination. Personality and Mental Health 2: 274-282 Invited paper
24. Stevenson (2009) Commentary: Emergence of borderline personality features in the sixth decade of life by Michael Casher and Daniel Gih. Personality and Mental Health 3:80-83 Invited paper
25. Haliburn, J., Stevenson, J., Gerull, F. (2009) A university psychotherapy training program in a psychiatric hospital: 25 years of the conversational model in the treatment of patients with borderline personality disorder. Australasian Psychiatry : bulletin of Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists. 2009; 17:25-8.
26. Stevenson J, Boyce P, Brodaty H, Datyner A. (2011) "The Effect of age on prevalence, type and diagnosis of personality disorder in psychiatric inpatients." International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 26:981-987
27. Meares R, Gerull F, Stevenson J, Korner A. (2011) Is self disturbance the core of borderline personality disorder? An outcome study of borderline personality factors. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry 45:214-222
28. Stevenson J, Brodaty H, Boyce P, Byth K. (2011) Personality disorder comorbidity and outcome: comparison of three age groups Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry 00:1-9
29. Stevenson J, Brodaty H, Boyce P, Byth K. (2012) Does age mediate effect of personality disorder on coping style in psychiatric inpatients? J of Psychiatric Practice vol 18, no 3 187- 198
30. Bayes A, McClure G, Fletcher K, Ruiz Y, Hadzi-Pavlovic D, Stevenson J, Manicavasager V, Parker G (2015) Differentiating the bipolar disorders from borderline personality disorder. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica 2015: 1-9
31. Stevenson J (2015) Borderline Personality Disorder: the difficult patient. Medicine Today vol 16 no 3 p65-70
32. Stevenson J & Haliburn J Trauma, Personality Disorders and Chronic Depression – the role of the Conversational Model of Psychodynamic Psychotherapy in Treatment Resistant Depression. Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy 2015 ISSN: 0266-8734
33. McLean L, Korner A, Haliburn J, Stevenson J, Crisante S, Halovic S. Teaching local clinicians the Conversational Model: Process and early outcomes of the “Scholarship Program” and “Walking the Talk”. Conference Paper. ANZJP May 2014
34. Parker G, Bayes A, McClure G, Roman Ruiz del Moral Y, Stevenson J. Clinical Status of comorbid bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder. The British Journal of Psychiatry Jun 2016,bjp.bp. 115.177998; DOI: 10.1192/bjp.bp.115.177998
35. Halovic S, Korner A, McLean L, Chapman CL, Stevenson J et al. Conversation in the making of mind. The art and science of psychotherapy. Conference presentation 2016
36. Halovic S, Korner A, McLean L, Meares R, Stevenson J et al. Development of the CMAS: Adherence Scales. Conference presentation, Jan 2016
37. Halovic S, Korner A, McLean L, Stevenson J, et al. Using the CMAS to measure adherence to the Conversational Model: how expertise influences CMAS ratings. Conference presentation, Dec 2016
38. Stevenson, J. Book Review. Australasian Psychiatry
39. Haliburn J, Stevenson J, Halovic S. Integration in the Psychodynamic Psychotherapy of Severe Personality Disorders: The Conversational Model. J of Personality Disorders 2017 (doi:10.1521/pedi_2017_31_290)
40. Haliburn J, Stevenson J, Halovic S. . Integration in the Psychodynamic Psychotherapy of Severe Personality Disorders: The Conversational Model. J of Personality Disorders Feb 2018, Vol 32, No 1:pp 70-86
41. Stevenson J, Injeti R. Self Harm in Medicine Today August, 2018 p401-403
42. Stevenson J, Haliburn J, Halovic S, Korner A. Trauma, dissociation and Personality Disorder Severity: A Psychiatric Inpatient Study. ANZJP 52(S2) May 2018
43. Haliburn J, Stevenson J, Halovic S, Korner A. Partnerships in Mental Health: Collaboration in Short-Term Dynamic Interpersonal Psychotherapy with Adolescents. ANZJP, May 2018
44. Halovic S, Korner A, McLean L, Stevenson J. The Value of Psychotherapy Adherence Scales in Measuring and Developing Psychotherapy Expertise. ANZCP May 2018
45. Korner A, Halovic S, Haliburn J, Stevenson J, McLean L et al The Evolution of the Conversational Model and its Application to Group Psychotherapy. ANZJP May 2018
Interest: Major depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety
disorders, suicide, personality, psychiatric genetics.
He received Bachelor of Psychology (University of Damascus), the First graduate.
-Obtained PhD. And C. P. Sc. D. in Clinical psychology and mental health, From Hungarian Academy of Science - University of Budapest " English"
-Received many honor certificates, diploma and Prizes for contributing, researching and supervision of psychological practice and training programs at couples of organization and institutions. Professor of psychology at many Universities in Syria and Board.
1- Vice –dean of faculty education for scientific affairs (1997-2001),
2-Vice-dean of faculty of education for Students and Administrative Affairs (2008-2011),
3-Dean of Faculty of education (20012-2015),
4- Vice-president of university of Aleppo (2015……)
Currently: professor of clinical psychology and mental health, Dept. counseling psychology faculty of Education, University of Aleppo, Syrian Arab republic.
Research Interest: Psychopathology and Abnormal psychology. Clinical Psychology, Child and Adolescent Psychopathology, Personality, Counseling theories and psychotherapy. Research and science ethics, Personality theories and clinical implications. Psychological processes and cognitive functions, Adolescent and child mental health. Topics of positive psychology Such as optimism, well-being, self-concept and self-esteem, pleasure, lifestyle, life-quality….) educational & psychological research methodology, Health and medical psychology.
1- ( 51 ) Research Articles in the fields of psychology educational sciences. (Published in: international, Arab, and Syrian Journals).
2- (48) Studies and Review articles in psychology and Education.( Published in : international , Arab ,and Syrian Journals).
3- (28) Books have been published in the fields of Psychology, e.g. : Psychotherapy (2012), psychopathology (2015), Counseling psychology (2010), Theories of psychological Counseling(2011), Introduction to mental health(2001), personality : Clinical Implications (2005), Psychology of Intuition (2005), Child and Adolescent Behavioral Problems (2008), Child Psychopathology (2000), Positive Psychology(2013), Sexual Education (2017), Educational Sociology (2007), New trends in mental health (2003), Psychology of memory (2004), Health Psychology (2009), Medical Psychology (2010), Science and career ethics (2014) …..
4-Lectures and sessions in psychological and Educational Sciences at many social, Health and academic organizations and institutions.
Psychopathology and Abnormal psychology. Clinical Psychology, Child and Adolescent Psychopathology, Personality, Counseling theories and psychotherapy. Research and science ethics, Personality theories and clinical implications. Psychological processes and cognitive functions, Adolescent and child mental health. Topics of positive psychology Such as optimism, well-being, self-concept and self-esteem, pleasure, lifestyle, life-quality….) educational & psychological research methodology, Health and medical psychology.
Interest: Psychopathology and clinical pharmacology to
neurobiology and genetics.
Dr. shailesh Jain, MD, MPH, ABDA is the Regional Chair, Dept of Psychiatry at The Texas Tech Health Science Center, Permian Basin, Texas. He attended university of Calcutta, India (Calcutta Medical College) for his medical education. He had his adult and child psychiatry training at University of Texas, Medical Branch Galveston and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas respectively. He did NIMH sponsored T-32 Research Fellowship at university of Texas, southwestern Medical Center, Dallas. He is certified by American Board of psychiatry and neurology, American academy of child and adolescent psychiatry, American board of psychosomatic medicine, American society of clinical psychopharmacology and American board of disability analysts. He has been recognized as one of the \\\\Future leaders of psychiatry\\\\ and has received a number of teaching awards for graduate and under graduate medical education. He is respected as a public educator in the field of mental health awareness and appeared on a number of media outlets. He is widely published and a recognized educator
Interest: Physical Exercise, Psychiatric Disorders, Mental
Sam Vaknin is the author of Malignant Self-love: Narcissism Revisited as well as many other books and ebooks about topics in psychology, relationships, philosophy, economics, international affairs, and award-winning short fiction. He is Visiting Professor of Psychology, Southern Federal University, Rostov-on-Don, Russia and Professor of Finance and Psychology in CIAPS (Centre for International Advanced and Professional Studies).
He was the Editor-in-Chief of Global Politician and served as a columnist for Central Europe Review, PopMatters, eBookWeb , and Bellaonline, and as a United Press International (UPI) Senior Business Correspondent. He was the editor of mental health and Central East Europe categories in The Open Directory and Suite101. His YouTube channels garnered 20,000,000 views and 85,000 subscribers.
Publications and Awards
"Managing Investment Portfolios in States of Uncertainty", Limon Publishers, Tel-Aviv, 1988
"The Gambling Industry", Limon Publishers, Tel-Aviv, 1990
"Requesting My Loved One: Short Stories", Miskal-Yedioth Aharonot, Tel-Aviv, 1997
"The Suffering of Being Kafka” (electronic book of Hebrew and English Short Fiction), Prague, 1998-2004
"The Macedonian Economy at a Crossroads – On the Way to a Healthier Economy" (dialogues with Nikola Gruevski), Skopje, 1998
"The Exporter’s Pocketbook" Ministry of Trade, Republic of Macedonia, Skopje, 1999
"Malignant Self-love: Narcissism Revisited", Narcissus Publications, Prague, 1999-2007 (Read excerpts - click here)
The Narcissism, Psychopathy, and Abuse in Relationships Series
(E-books regarding relationships with abusive narcissists and psychopaths), Prague, 1999-2010
Personality Disorders Revisited (e-book about personality disorders), Prague, 2007
"After the Rain – How the West Lost the East", Narcissus Publications in association with Central Europe Review/CEENMI, Prague and Skopje, 2000
More than 30 e-books about psychology, international affairs, business and economics, philosophy, short fiction, and reference (free download here)
Winner of numerous awards, among them Israel's Council of Culture and Art Prize for Maiden Prose (1997), The Rotary Club Award for Social Studies (1976), and the Bilateral Relations Studies Award of the American Embassy in Israel (1978).
Hundreds of professional articles in all fields of finance and economics, and numerous articles dealing with geopolitical and political economic issues published in both print and Web periodicals in many countries.
Many appearances in the electronic and print media on subjects in psychology, philosophy, and the sciences, and concerning economic matters.
Citations via Google Scholar page
Interest: Child and adolescent psychiatry, Dependences on Psychoactive
Substances at Youth, Neurobiology and Psychopharmacology at Children and Youth,
Social Psychiatry at Children-CAN syndrome, Social Care.
Interest: Kawasaki disease.
Interest: Neuroimaging, Psychiatry, Brain Science, Humanity,
Self-esteem, reward system, resilience, homeostasis,
interoception, emotion, Beauty, Brain.
Published On: October 21, 2019 | Pages: 012 - 022Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: April 25, 2019 | Pages: 011 - 011Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: February 28, 2019 | Pages: 003 - 010Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: January 31, 2019 | Pages: 001 - 002Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: September 21, 2017 | Pages: 024 - 032Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 05, 2017 | Pages: 021 - 023Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: April 08, 2017 | Pages: 013 - 020Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: April 03, 2017 | Pages: 008 - 012Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: March 23, 2017 | Pages: 004 - 007Abstract View Full Article View
I definitely confer my services and continue my association as an editor in this journal. The comments from editors and reviewers are agreeable. I propose this journal for getting major reputed indexing services. I recommend to my staff for manuscripts submission in this journal.
I will continue my association as an editor for this journal and provide my services. The editors and reviewer comments in the journal are fair and trustable. The manuscript submission process in this journal is easy. I will suggest my colleagues and other scientists to submit their research works for supporting journal growth. I can easily find the required information on website.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. It is important to get citated in SCI. Manuscript submission process is good. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication of their research works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is fast review. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
I like to continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and professional. The journal should expand the electronic readership as ease to access and lower costs. Manuscript submission in this journal is Hassle free. I suggest to some of my friends who are related to this journal scope to submit their manuscripts for publication. The manuscript submission and publication timeline process is appreciated. I can find the required information on the website freely.
I wish to associate with the journal as editor and confer my services. Look for more Editors and Reviewers in Europe and USA. It is necessary for the journal to get indexed in Pubmed. The required information is easily available on the website.
It is a pleasure for me to work with the journal and confer my services.The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. It will be fine, that journal can get more citations. Manuscript submission process is smooth and rapid. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication of their valuable research works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
I wish to continue as an editor in this journal and confer my services. The editors and reviewers comments are fair and satisfactory. The journal should get indexed in major databases line Scopus and Web of Science. The manuscript submission process is easy as well as user friendly. I definitely recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. I ensure that I recommend my staff to publish their valuable research works in your journal. I am satisfied with the time of submission and publication process. I mostly like the rapid peer review process in the journal and that to professional. I can get the required information on the journal website easily.
I wish to associate with the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Indexing may help for the growth of the Journal. Manuscript submission process is rapid. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommend this journal to others for publication. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is the layout of the journal. The required information is easily available on the website.
I am happy to continue the association with the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair. Indexing in pubmed can help in the journal growth. Manuscript submission process is rapid and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I put forward this journal to others for publication of their valuable works. I am satisfied with the submission to publication cycle. I like most in your publication process is the fast review. The required information on the website is appreciated.
Thank you for your support and professional approach for submission and publication process of the manuscript.
California South University, USA
Open Journal of Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry
Lyon Catholic University (UCLy) and Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes (EPHE), France
Annals of Cytology and Pathology
International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL), Portugal
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
Arghya Narayan Banerjee
Yeungnam University, South Korea
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
Peter Lloyd Nara
Private Compnay- Biological Mimetics, Inc., USA
Annals of Antivirals and Antiretrovirals
Domenico Antonio Restivo
Nuovo Garibaldi Hospital, Italy
Journal of Neurology, Neurological Science and Disorders
Thomas F. George
University of Missouri - St. Louis, USA
Open Journal of Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry
Huazong University of Science and Technology, China
Open Journal of Pediatrics and Child Health
Prof. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Developmental Research
Metaxas Memorial Anticancer Hospital , Greece
Annals of Bone Marrow Research