Samy I. McFarlane
State University of New York, Downstate Medical Centre, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Malgorzata Gabriela WASNIEWSKA
University of Messina, Italy
Dr May Ng MBBS (Hons) FHEA FRCPCH MSc LLM PhD
Dr May Ng holds a dual accreditation specialist qualification in General Paediatrics and Paediatric Endocrinology & Diabetes. She is based in Southport and Ormskirk NHS Trust and is the Associate Medical Director. She was previously Clinical Director for Paediatrics from 2012-2016. She has an Honorary Senior Lecturer position at the Institute of Translational Medicine, University of Liverpool. She completed her undergraduate degree under full scholarship in Sydney, Australia and undertook her paediatric training in Australia and in the United Kingdom (UK). She was the recipient of the UK Medical Research Council Fellowship in 2006 and completed further training to obtain a Masters and PhD degree in paediatric endocrinology and diabetes. Dr Ng also holds a Master of Laws degree and is active in medicolegal work.
Dr Ng has held over £300,000 in research grants and is an active researcher in paediatric endocrinology and diabetes. She has produced a book chapter and over 100+ publications (50 peer reviewed research papers, 45 as first/senior author) including three Cochrane reviews and has presented at more than 100+ scientific meetings.
Research Interest: puberty, thyroid, diabetes , adrenal
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ROLES:
Fellow of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (FRCPCH)
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
Member of the European Society of Paediatric Endocrinology (ESPE)
Committee member of European Society of Paediatric Endocrinology Online Learning
Member of the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) Adoption and Impact Programme Reference Panel
Member of the National Steering Group for Children and Young People’s Diabetes Peer Review
Diabetes Officer of the British Society of Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes (BSPED)
Assessor for the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health ST7/START
Committee Member of the RCPCH Paediatricians in Medical Management
RCPCH CSAC Training Advisor for Endocrinology and Diabetes
CCST, Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training: (1) General Paediatrics and (2) Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, General Medical Council UK
FRCPCH, Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, UK
DCH, Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, UK
FHEA, Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK
MBBS (Honours) University of Sydney, Australia
Master of Medical Science (Child Health, Diabetes and Endocrinology) University of Liverpool
PhD (Child Health) University of Liverpool
Master in Laws , University of Liverpool
Winner of 2015 Diabetes Quality in Care (QiC) award
Finalist Commended 2017 Diabetes Team of the year Diabetes Quality in Care (QiC) award
Pride Awards 2015 Team of the Year Southport & Ormskirk NHS Trust
Highly Commended Diabetes Team of the Year 2015 BMJ awards
Finalist HSJ Clinical Leader of the year 2015
Finalist in the UK Asian Woman of Achievement Award
Newborn Appeal Grant 2011
Best Research Abstract Award 2010 BSPED UK
Newborn Appeal Grant 2007
MRC Fellowship 2006 Medical Research Council, UK
University Prize for Paediatrics, University of Sydney, Australia
Number of Publications: 50
1. Ng SM, Turner MA, Avula S. Ultrasound measurements of thyroid gland volume at 36 weeks corrected gestational age in extreme preterm infants born before 28 weeks gestation. European Thyroid Journal 2017.
2. Apperley L, Ng SM. Socioeconomic Deprivation, Household Education and Employment are Associated With Increased Hospital Admissions and Poor Glycemic Control in Children With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus. Review of Diabetic Studies 2017
3. Ng SM. Digital Footprints: Steps towards transformation in paediatric diabetes. Journal of MHealth 2017, March ow.ly/g6Um30aYCZU
4. Ng SM, Stepien K. Glucocorticoid replacement regimens in the treatment of 21-hydroxylase deficiency congenital adrenal hyperplasia (Protocol) published Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2017, Issue 1. Art. No CD012517. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD012517
5. Ng SM, Edge J. Hyperglycaemic Hyperosmolar State (HHS) in children: A practical guide to management. Paediatrics and Child Health Journal 2017 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.paed.2017.01.002
6. Ng SM, Soni A, Didi M. Neonatal Pituitary-Thyroid Axis Dysregulation with Combined Thyroid Hormone and Thyrotropin Resistance in Infant with Trisomy 21 and Maternal Subclinical Hypothyroidism. J Neonatal Biol 2016 5:4 DOI: 10.4172/2167-0897.1000243
7. Ng SM, Agwu JC, Dwan K. A systematic review and meta-analysis of Synacthen tests for assessing hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal insufficiency in children. Arch Dis Child 2016 :1–7. doi:10.1136/archdischild-2015-308925
8. Ng SM, Turner M. The Importance of Risk Stratification and Management of Newborn Babies of Women with a History of Graves’ disease. Int J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2016, 2(1): 001-004
9. Soni A, Agwu JC, Kershaw M, Edge J, Wright N, Ng SM. Management of children with type 1 diabetes during illness: a national survey. Postgrad Med J 2015 doi:10.1136/postgradmedj-2015-133786
10. Ng SM, Vizard M. The great enabler: how technology is helping to improve patient outcomes in paediatric diabetes. British Journal of Diabetes and Vascular Disease 2015;15:86-88
11. Soni A, Ng SM. Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes in children and young people: updated NICE guidance. Practical Diabetes 2015;32:281-282
12. Ng SM. Improving patient outcomes with technology and social media in paediatric diabetes. BMJ Quality Improvement Reports 2015; 4(1) DOI:10.1136/bmjquality.u209396.w3846 (1)
13. Ng SM, Watson G, Turner MA, Newland P and Weindling AM. Do maternal factors influence neonatal thyroid status in the extreme premature infant? The Journal of Maternal-Fetal & Neonatal Medicine 2014:26:1-11.
14. Agwu C, Ng SM, Edge DA, Wright. Care of children and young people with diabetes who require surgery. Diabetes Care for Children and Young People 2014:3:106-110
15. Ng SM, Soni A. Intensive diabetes management and goal setting are key aspects of improving metabolic control in children and young people with Type 1 diabetes mellitus. World Journal of Diabetes 2014: 5(6): 877-881 DOI: http://dx.doi. org/10.4239/wjd.v5.i6.877
16. Ng SM, Finnigan L, Connellan L, Caitriona Kerinan, Coward S. Improving paediatric diabetes care with the use of an integrated paediatric electronic diabetes information management system and routine uploading of blood glucose meters and insulin pumps in outpatient clinics. Archive of Disease in Childhood 2014; 99:1059 doi:10.1136/archdischild-2014-307021
17. Ng SM, Mariguddi S, Coward S, Middleton H. Successful implementation of a paediatric community home nursing service as a model of service delivery in acute paediatric care. British Journal of Nursing 2014: 23 (4):209-212.
18. Ng SM, Turner MA, Watson G, Victor S, Isherwood DM, Newland P, Didi M and Weindling AM. Is dopamine an iatrogenic disruptor of thyroid and cortisol function in the extremely premature infant? Advances in Endocrinology 2014; DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/973184
19. Soni A, Shaw EJ, Natarajan A, Ng SM. Children with Type 1 Diabetes mellitus developing concurrent autoimmune disease are not at risk of worsening metabolic control or growth impairment. Practical Diabetes 2014: 31(6):243-246
20. Ng SM, Turner MA, Didi M, Parkes L, Tietze A, Atkinson J, Sluming V and Weindling AM. Effect of thyroxine on brain microstructure in extremely premature babies: magnetic resonance imaging findings from the TIPIT study. Pediatric Radiology 2014:44 (8):987-96
21. Ng SM, Balmuri S. Review of insulin treatment in stress related hyperglycaemia in children without pre-existing diabetes. Acta Paediatrica 2013 doi:10.1111/apa.12442
22. Ng SM, Turner MA, Victor S, M Didi, C Gamble, D Manning, R Gupta, P Settle. P Newland and Weindling AM. An explanatory randomised placebo-controlled trial of thyroxine supplementation in extreme preterm Infants < 28>
23. Murphy A, Martin P, Jukka C, Menon A, Ng SM. Recurrent primary paediatric herpetic whitlow of the big toe. BMJ Case Reports 2013 doi:10.1136/bcr-2013-008598
24. Murphy C and Ng SM. Institution of multiple daily insulin regimen compared with twice daily pre-mixed insulin regimen for children with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus. American Journal of Clinical Medicine Research 2013 1 (1). doi: 10.12691/ajcmr-1-1-2
25. Ng SM, Drury JA, Turner MA, M Didi, Victor S, Paul Newland, Weindling AM. A Novel Method of Collection of Saliva for Estimation of Steroid Levels in Extremely Premature Infants. Acta Paediatrica 2013:102 (4): 356-9
26. Gangadharan A, Hanumanthaiah H, Ng SM. The Use of Iodine as First Line Therapy in Graves' Disease Complicated with Neutropenia at First Presentation in a Paediatric Patient. British Journal of Medicine and Medical Research, 3(2): 324-328, 2013
27. Hanumanthaiah H, Gangadharan A, Ng SM. Continuous insulin infusion therapy for acute stress hyperglycemia secondary to asthma exacerbation in a paediatric patient. Journal of Diabetes Research and Clinical Metabolism 2012: http://dx.doi.org/10.7243/2050-0866-1-19
28. Ng SM, Wong SC, Chakkrapani E, Rahman F, Newland P, Isherwood DM, Didi M. Multivariate analysis of factors that affect neonatal screening thyrdois stimulating hormone. Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism 2011, 24: 727-732
29. Hussain M, Cheri J, Khalid M, Matouk Z, Ng SM, Chanderasekaran S, Didi M, Blair J. Growth monitoring still has a place in selected populations of children. BMJ Case Reports 2011; doi:10.1136/bcr.01.2010.2640
30. Ng SM, Weindling MA. The impact of networks on clinical trials in the United Kingdom . Trials 2009, 10:100
31. Ng SM, Turner MA, Gamble C, M Didi, Victor S, Malamateniou C, Parkes L, Tietze A, Gregory L,Sluming V, Abernethy L and Weindling AM. TIPIT: A Randomised Controlled Trial of Thyroxine in Preterm Infants under 28 weeks Gestation: Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Magnetic Resonance Angiography Protocol. BMC Pediatrics 2008, 8:26
32. Ng SM. Hypothyroxinemia of prematurity: cause, diagnosis and management. Expert Review of Endocrinology & Metabolism 2008, 3: 453-462
33. Ng SM, Dhullipala A, Weindling AM. High versus low dose of initial thyroid hormone replacement for congenital hypothyroidism. Cochrane Database of Systemic Reviews 2008, Issue 1
34. Ng SM, Turner MA, Gamble, Didi M, Victor S, Weindling AM. TIPIT: A Randomised controlled trial of thyroxine in preterm infants born under 28 weeks gestation. Trials 2008, 9: 17
35. Ng SM, Wong SC, Isherwood DM, Didi M. Biochemical severity of thyroid ectopia in congenital hypothyroidism demonstrates sexual dimorphism. European Journal of Endocrinology 2007, 156: 49-53
36. Ng SM, Wong SC, Chakkrapani E, Rahman F, Newland P, Isherwood DM, Didi M. There is a delay in screening premature infants for congenital hypoithyroidism. Archives of Disease in Childhood Fetal Neonatal Ed 2006, 91: F465-466
37. Ng SM, May JE, Emmerson AJB. Continuous insulin infusion in hyperglycemic ELBW infants: An evaluation of treatment response. Biology of the Neonate 2005, 4: 269-272
38. Ng SM, Kumar Y, Cody D, Didi M and Smith CS. The gonadotrophins response to GnRH test is not a predictor of neurological lesion in girls with central precocious puberty. Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism 2005, 18: 849-852
39. Ng SM, Wong SC, Isherwood DM, Smith CS, Didi M. Multivariate analysis on factors affecting suppression of thyroid stimulating hormone in treated congenital hypothyroidism. Hormone Research 2004, 20: 245-251
40. Wong SC, Ng SM, Didi M. Children with congenital hypothyroidism are at risk of adult obesity due to early adiposity rebound. Clinical Endocrinology 2004, 61: 441-6
41. Ng SM, Wong SC, Didi M. Head circumference and linear growth during the first 3 years in treated congenital hypothyroidism in relation to aetiology and initial biochemical severity. Clinical Endocrinology 2004, 61: 155-9
42. Chalameau M, Hadjiaathanasiou C, Ng SM, Cassio A, Mul D, Cisternino M, Partsch CJ, Theodoris C, Didi M, Cacciari E, Oostdijk W, Borghesi A, Sippell WG, Breart G, Brauner R. How to select girls with precocious puberty for brain imaging? An evidence based approach: EUROPUB study. A multicentre trial. Journal of Pediatrics 2003, 143: 445-450
43. Ng SM, Jones AP. Drug therapies for reducing gastric acidity in people with cystic fibrosis. Cochrane Collaboration, Cochrane Library 2003, Issue 2
44. Ng SM, Kumar Y, Cody D, Didi M and Smith CS. Cranial MRI scans are indicated in all girls with central precocious puberty. Archives of Disease in Childhood 2003, 88: 414-418
45. Cody D, Ng SM, Didi M and Smith CS. The differing outcomes of hyperthyrotropinemia. Journal of Paediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism 2003, 16: 375-378
46. Ng SM, Khurana R, Hughes U, Manning D. Is prolonged use of computer games a risk factor for deep venous thrombosis in children? Clinical Medicine 2003, 6: 593-594
47. Ng SM, Toh EM and Sherrington CA. Clinical predictors of abnormal computed tomography scans in paediatric head injury. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health 2002, 38: 388-392
48. Ng SM, Ariffin WA, Lin HP, Chan LL and Chin YM. Clinical features and treatment outcome of children with myeloid antigen coexpression in B-lineage acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Journal of Tropical Paediatrics 2000, 46: 73-78
49. Ng SM, Lin HP, Ariffin WA, Lam SK and Chan LL. Age, sex, hemoglobin and white cell count at diagnosis are important prognostic factors in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia treated with BFM-type protocol. Journal of Tropical Paediatrics 2000, 46: 338-343
50. Ng SM, Ariffin WA, Lin HP and Chan LL. Presenting features and treatment outcome of 78 Malaysian children with neuroblastoma. Southeast Asian Journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health 1999, 30: 149-153
Research Interest: Endocrinology, diabetes,
obesity, genetics, children
Research Interest: Thyroid disease and in
particular thyroid nodules and thyroid cancer, as well as postgraduate medical
Research Interest: Diabetes, transplantation, pancreatic islets culture, influence of
microorganism on onset of the diabetes, human microbiom.
Research Interest: Angiotensin II effects on renal
dopamine metabolism using in vitro models and different techniques like
pharmacological approaches, kinetic studies, enzymatic activities and
radiolabel markers. For my postdoctoral work, I expanded my research area and
studied the relationship between atrial natriuretic peptide and renal dopamine
system and its impact on sodium handling. For this purpose we employed an in
vivo model to evaluate this interaction on urinary parameters and used
molecular techniques to demonstrate the involvement of different tubular
Research Interest: Diabetic foot, cutaneous
complication of diabetes, lipodystrophy, cutaneous manifestation of thyroid
diseases, Cushing disease, adrenal insufficiency, and adrenal hyperplasia.
Research Interest: Prostate Cancer, Molecular
Epidemiology, Pharmacogenomic studies, Metabolic syndrome, Endocrine-Related
Cancer, Urolithiasis, Andrology, Male Erectile dysfunction
Research Interest: Research has been focused on the
understanding of the mechanisms of the development of Peeclampsia, the most
common cause of retarded fetal development.
Research Interest: The novel functions of
calcineurin B subunit (CnB) in the activation of innate immunity and in cancer
treatment. We have identified the integrin αM as a new receptor of CnB on
macrophage and revealed how this receptor mediates CnB-triggered anti-tumor
activity. We also showed that CnB protein can synergize with inteferon-γ to
skew tumor-associated macrophages (TAMs) to an anti-tumor phenotype (M1
phenotype) and to enhance inteferon-γ- mediated tumoricidal activity. So far, I
mainly focus on the molecular mechanisms of necroptosis (a new form of
programmed cell death). We are trying to reveal new modulators in the regulation
of necroptotic pathway, and to reveal the roles and mechanisms of necroptosis
in tumorgenisis and metastasis
Research Interest: Andrological Sciences.
Research Interest: Role of autoimmunity in the pathogenesis
of thyroid diseases. Growth factors and thyroid cancer. Prevention of endemic
19 October 1998 medical specialization in surgical pathology in Federico II university- Faculty of medicine- Naples- Italy;
28 July 1993 Degree in medicine in Federico II University- Faculty of medicine- Naples- Italy; FROM NOVEMBER 1999 TO NOWDAYS : MEDICAL DOCTOR SPECIALIZED IN SURGICAL PATHOLOGY IN CASALE MONFERRATO HOSPITAL (PIEDIMONT, ITALY); AZIENDAL RESPONSIBLE OF PERINATAL PATHOLOGY
AZIENDAL RESPONSIBLE OF CYTOPATHOLOGY (FNAC PATHOLOGY OF BREAST, THYROID, SALIVARY GLANDS, GASTROENTERIC MASS, URINARY PATHOLOGY , THIN PREP SLIDES)
Research Interest: perinatal pathology; cytopathology; pulmonar pathology; gastroenteric neoplasia
Mixed Mullerian Tumor Primitive of Peritoneum: Report of a Case . Stefania Erra, Simone Lo Mastro, Ennio Nano. International Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research Volume 4 issue 1 January-March, 2019
Early Miscarriage: Morphological Data Useful to Clinical and Nosographic Classification.
Stefania Erra, Chiara Merlo. International Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research Vol 4 Issue 2 April-June, 2019
A Rare Case of Male Breast Metastasis from Previously Removed Renal Cell Carcinoma.
Stefania Erra, Simone Lo Mastro, Silvio Modena International Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research Vol 3 Issue 4 October-December, 2018
The appropriateness of pathological reports. S.Erra MOJ Anatomy & Physiology, Volume 5 Issue 3 - 2018
On a Case of Inflammatory Myofibroblastic Tumor of the Urinary Bladder: An
Unexpected Diagnosis. Erra S* and Zambello L, Journal of Molecular Sciences Vol.2 No.2:8
Gastric Adenocarcinoma: Study of the Immunophenotypic Profile in View of the Latest Molecular Knowledge on Carcinogenesis. E. Guercio, S. Erra, Human Journals March 2018 Vol.:11, Issue:4
Placental Mesenchymal Dysplasia: report of a case and review of the literature.
S. Erra, A. Frigeri, A. Picozzi., Int. J. Adv. Res. 6(2), 342-347
Application of the PARIS SYSTEM in Thin-Prep urinary pathology report: Correlation with histology.
S. Erra, G. Campagnone, J. Rotella, M. Ferrari. Pathologica vol. 109 sept 2017, atti del congresso nazionale SIAPEC, poster
A novel approach towards FNAC with ultrasound guide and cytoassistance: utility of CYTOFOAM- CORE in differential diagnosis of nodular mass in parenchymatous superficial organs.
S. Erra, E. Mazzoni ,S. Modena, E. Carlon. Pathologica vol. 109 sept 2017, atti del congresso SIAPEC, comunicazione orale
Perinatal Outcome and Multidisciplinary Management.
S. Erra. J Biomol Res Ther 2017, 6:2 DOI: 10.4172/2167-7956.1000e156
A Rare Case of Neck Metastasis from a Thyroid Papillary Carcinoma After Seventeen Years Diagnosed with US- Guided Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology.
S. Erra, A. Lancella, J Rotella, S. Ricotta, E. Mazzoni, E. Carlon. International Journal of Clinical Oncology and Cancer Research 2017; 2(5): 106-109 doi 10.11648/j.ijcocr.20170205
Strongyloides Stercoralis: an unexpected visitor in gastric mucosa.
S. Erra, M. Antoniolli, A. Delle Fave, E. Guercio, C. Gemme, International Journal of Recent Engineering Research and Development Volume No. 02 May 2017– Issue No. 05, ISSN: 2455-8761
A Novel Approach towards Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology with Ultrasound-Guide and Cyto-Assistance: Utility of Cytofoam- Core in Differential Diagnosis of Nodular Mass in Parenchymatous Superficial Organs. S.Erra. MOJ Anatomy & Physiology Volume 4 Issue 1 – 2017
Suspected Syndrome of Chromosome 22 Deletion in a Fetal Autopsy. S. Erra, S. Ricotta, J.Rotella. Biomedical Sciences 2016; 2(6): 48-51 http://www.sciencepublishinggroup.com/j/bs
L’adenocarcinoma prostatico: un nuovo approccio diagnostico integrato finalizzato alla scelta terapeutica. A Delle Fave, S. Erra. Working Paper of Public Health nr. 06/2016 ISSN: 2279-9761
Ectopic Paratesticular Adrenal Gland in a Fetus: Fortuity or Morphological Cues About the Cause of Death. S. Erra, S.Modena, G.Speranza International Journal of Clinical and Developmental Anatomy
2016; 2(2): 14-16 doi: 10.11648/j.ijcda.20160202.11 ISSN: 2469-7990 (Print); ISSN: 2469-8008 (Online)
Unusual pleural effusion from vulvar squamous cell carcinoma: report of a case and review of the literature. S. Erra, G. Patrucco, G. Speranza, S. Barbero, F. Brucculeri, G. Taverna. PATHOLOGICA 2016;108:148-150
Abrikossoff tumors with incorrect clinical diagnosis: report of two cases.
S. Erra, G. Speranza. Gazzetta Medica Italiana Archivio per le Scienze Mediche 2016 Marzo;175(3):118-20
Tumori stromali gastrointestinali: entità nosologica rara e modello esemplare per l’utilizzo di terapie personalizzate su base molecolare. C. Bettegazzi, S. Erra. Recenti Prog Med 2015; 106: 1-6
Standardized health educational project: a novel approach to improve formation in surgical pathology and cytopathology. S.Erra, S. Modena, V. Magnelli Pathologica Vol 106 sept 2014 poster atti congresso SIAPEC
ll linfoma non Hodgkin primitivo a grandi cellule B del tratto genitale femminile: un caso clinico.
S. Erra, F. Brucculeri, G. Taverna, S. Barbero. NPT in oncologia 1/2014
Breast cancer metastatic in colonic mucosa: report of a case.
A Ortoleva, S. Erra. Working Paper of Public Health nr. 18/2013 ISSN: 2279-9761
ADENOCARCINOMA ACINARE PROSTATICO: valutazione dell’espressione di IGFR come possibile bersaglio per terapie molecolari mirate. A Sanzone, S. Erra. Working Paper of Public Health nr. 12/2013 ISSN: 2279-9761
A case of endocervical blue nevus. S. Erra, Working Paper of Public Health nr. 6/2013 ISSN: 2279-9761
Technical Options for inclusions in needle aspiration pathology and in selected serosal fluid.
S. Erra, S. Modena, E. Mazzoni, M. Butera. PATHOLOGICA, VOL. 104, GIUGNO 2012-07-23, comunicazione orale congresso SIAPEC
US Guided FINE NEEDLE ASPIRATION CYTOLOGY with Cyto-assistance : experience of a peripheral hospital. S. Erra, S. Modena, E. Mazzoni, N. Manoiero, S. Barbero, L. Spagnolo, G.V. Salmaso
PATHOLOGICA, VOL. 104, GIUGNO 2012-07-23, comunicazione orale congresso SIAPEC
Correlation between P16 immunopositivity and presence of HPV-DNA in selected PAP TESTS with ASUS and LSIL diagnosis. M. PASTORMERLO, G. CAMPAGNONE, A. SANZONE, S. ROSSO, S. ERRA PATHOLOGICA, VOL. 104, GIUGNO 2012-07-23, COMUNICAZIONE CONGRESSO SIAPEC
BIOPSIA PLEURICA TC-GUIDATA CON AGO TRANCIANTE: ESPERIENZA DI UN CENTRO RADIODIAGNOSTICO IN UN’AREA AD ELEVATA INCIDENZA DI TUMORE RARO.
C. Tappero, S. Erra, E. Oppezzo, L. Spagnolo, G. Taverna, S. Barbero. 45- CONGRESSO NAZIONALE DI RADIOLOGIA MEDICA Jan-Feb 2012
Carcinoid in Meckel’s diverticulum: report of two case. E. Ariotti, B. Fre, N. Manoiero, S. Erra .Farmaci, Vol. 10-n.5-6/2011 Sett-Dic. 2011
Serous cystadenofibroma of the Fallopian tube. Case report and literature review.
S. Erra, D. Costamagna. G. Chir. Vol.33-n.1/2, pp.31-33
Espressione dell’inibitore della protesi serinica mammario (Maspina) in casi selezionati di GIST: risultati e correlazione clinico-patologica. S. Erra, M. Pastormerlo, M. Pavesi. Dante, Anno X, n.1 Aprile 2011
Breast cancer metastatic to the submandibular gland. Case report.
S. Erra, D. Costamagna. G Chir 2011Apr.32(4):194-8
GIST: DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSIS USING IMMUNOHISTOCHEMICAL PANEL OF ANTIBODIES IN SELECTED CASES.
S. Erra, S.Modena, M.Colombo ,E. Mazzoni, D. Costamagna, M. Pavesi.Pathologica vol.102(4) 2010, poster congresso SIAPEC
Fine-needle cytology in nodular thyroid pathology. Cytopathologic and clinical correlations using SIAPEC recommended diagnostic categories. An italian peripheral hospital experience.
S. Erra, M. Colombo, S. Modena, C. Bocchio, M. Butera , M. Pastormerlo , M. Pavesi .Pathologica vol.102(4) 2010, comunicazione orale congresso SIAPEC
Fine needle aspiration cytology for breast lesions and cytopathologic correlations. An Italian peripheral hospital experience of 440 cases (from 2000 to 2007). S. Erra, D, Costamagna. G Chir. 2010 Aug-Sep;31(8-9):404-408.
A rare case of extraskeletal osteosarcoma of the esophagus: an example of difficult diagnosis.
S. Erra, D. Costamagna, R. Durando.G Chir. 2010 Jan-Feb;31(1-2):24-27.
Acute abdomen in the elderly. A peripheral general hospital experience.
D. COSTAMAGNA, N.S. PIPITONE FEDERICO, S. ERRA, M. TRIBOCCO, F. PONCINA, G. BOTTO, P. DEREGIBUS, A. ZULLO, G. SERVENTE, R. DURANDO. G Chir. 2009 Jun-Jul;30(6-7):315-322.
A case of leiomyoadenomatoid tumour of uterine serosa: speculations about differential diagnosis.
S. Erra, M. Pastormerlo, D. Costamagna, G. Gregori, M. Pavesi. BMJ Case Reports 25 Maggio 2009:bcr02.2009.1586
Intramuscular myxoma of the deltoid muscle : report of a case. D. Costamagna, S. Erra, R. Durando. BMJ 17 Marzo 2009:bcr08.2008.0678
Sporadic flat ileal adenocarcinoma: an intriguing challenge in the comprehension of a rare neoplasia and review of literature.
S. Erra, D. Costamagna, G. Botto, C. Gemme, R. Durando. G Chir. 2009 Mar; 30(3):87-92
Adenocarcinoma prostatico metastatico ai linfonodi del mesoretto. C. Gemme, S. Erra, D. Costamagna, N.S. Pipitone Federico, B. Demarchi, M. Pastormerlo. Questioni di clinica; esperienze cliniche in gastroenterologia sul territorio nazionale n.ro 1/2009 Mediprint s.r.l.
Correlazione citoistologica delle lesioni mammarie: casistica dell'Ospedale di Casale Monferrato.
S. Erra, M. Pastormerlo, D.Costamagna, R. Durando, M. Colombo, S. Modena, M. Pavesi. Pathologica Vol. 100-N.5, ottobre 2008, comunicazione orale a congresso SIAPEC
Small bowel intussusception secondary to inflammatory fibroid polyp of the ileum: report of a case.
D. Costamagna, S. Erra, A. Zullo, G. Servente, R. Durando. Chir Ital. 2008 Mar-Apr;60(2):323-7.
EGFR expression on surgical colorectal cancer specimens: clinical and histological features.
S. Erra, B. Demarchi, E. Mazzoni, F. Bresso, S. Modena, C. Bocchio, D. Costamagna, C. Gemme. Digestive and Liver disease vol.40 supl 1,marzo 2008 pagS120-12
Bravo capsule ph-metry: Technique of positioning. B. Demarchi, S. Erra, M. Pastormerlo, M. Pavesi, C. Gemme.Digestive and Liver disease vol.38 supl 1,aprile 2006 pS52
Citologia su strato sottile dei versamenti. M. Pavesi, M. Pastormerlo, S. Erra. Pathologica vol.93(4) 2001, comunicazione orale a congresso SIAPEC
Neurocysticercosis: a case report. B. Carangelo, S. Erra, M.L. Del Basso De Caro, A. Bucciero, L. Vizioli, K. Panagiotopoulos, A. Cerillo J. Neurosurg. Sci. Vol. 45(1) 2001
Leiomyosarcoma of the maxilla: a case report. G. Savastano, M.D. Palombini, V. Muscariello, S. Erra J. Oral Maxillofacial Surg. Vol. 56(9) 1998
Research Interest: Comparative endocrinology with
focus on neuroendocrine regulation and signal transduction for pituitary
hormone secretion and gene expression in fish models, especially for growth
hormone, somatolactin and gonadotropinsFunctional interactions & underlying
post-receptor signaling of adipokines (e.g., leptin & adiponectin) and
novel feeding peptides (e.g., spexin & apelin) with pituitary hormones in
fish pituitary cells
Research Interest: Molecular Imaging in Oncology
with SPECT/CT, PET/CT and PET/MR.
Research Interest: His research has concentrated on how physical, environmental, and emotional stress affects the hormonal responses of the endocrine system; in particular, focusing on dysfunctions and dis-regulations that develop in the system from stress exposure, that ultimately can compromise physiological responses and adaptations
Published On: November 12, 2019 | Pages: 035 - 036Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: September 09, 2019 | Pages: 026 - 034Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 16, 2019 | Pages: 024 - 025Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 09, 2019 | Pages: 020 - 023Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 13, 2019 | Pages: 020 - 023Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: May 02, 2019 | Pages: 013 - 015Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: March 29, 2019 | Pages: 009 - 012Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: February 12, 2019 | Pages: 006 - 008Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: February 11, 2019 | Pages: 001 - 005Abstract View Full Article View
The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and professional. The manuscript submission process in this journal is user friendly. I will definetely recomend this journal for getting major indexing platforms. I suggest my staff and friends who were experts in this journal to submit their works. The process between submission and publication timeline in this journal are satisfactory. I mostly like the rapid review process in this journal.
The required information is easily available on the journal webpage.
I wish to be associated with the journal as Editor and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Manuscript submission process is rapid and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
I would like to continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are meaning full. It will be nice that journal can get indexed on Pubmed central. Manuscript submission process is simple and user friendly. The journal should be indexed with Science citation index (Thomson-Reuters)
I strongly recommend my colleagues to submit their future works in this journal for publication. I easily can get the required information on the website.
I wish to be associate with the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers and editors are fair and professional. I suggest to provide discount (voucher) for article processing charge that would help for the growth of Journal. No problem in the manuscript submission process, it is rapid and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommend this journal to others for publishing their valuable work and research. I am satisfied with the current submission-publication timeline with quick response. I like Quickness of the process of publication and on-line presentation of JCRO. The required information is easily accessible on the website.
I like to continue my association with this journal and confer my services for journal growth. The reviewer and editor comments in this journal is fair and meaning full. I will recommend this journal to get reputed indexing platform. I strongly suggest my colleagues who are expertise in this journal to submit their valuable works in this journal. I am satisfied with manuscript submission and publication timeline process. I can easily find the required information on the journal website.
I would like continue this association with the journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and professional. The submission of manuscript process seems smooth. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. The submission and publication time line process of manuscripts are quick and timely. I mostly like the submission and article in online after publication in this journal.
I suggest that the journal should get impact factor for faster indexing. I definitely recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. I ensure that I recommend my staff to publish their valuable research works in your journal. I can get the required information on the journal website easily.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication. I like most in your publication process is the scope of the journal. The required information is easily accessible on the website.
I continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The editor and reviewer comments in the journal is fair as well as professional. I appreciate the rapid peer review process in the journal. Manuscript submission process is smooth and easy. I strongly recommend this journal to get indexing in reputed indexing platform. I recommend my friends to submit their research works in this journal for publication. The time line of submission and publication of manuscript is good. I can easily find the required information in the journal webpage.
I wish to be associated with the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and meaningful. I suggest to lower the cost for publication, great discounts for first submission. Manuscript submission process is quick and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. Publication process is very fast. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
China University of Political Science and Law, China
Forensic Science Today
CHA University, Republic of Korea
International Journal of Immunotherapy and Cancer Research
International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL), Portugal
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
Wei Min HUANG
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Archive of Biomedical Science and Engineering
Cardiometabolic Research Institute, USA
Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine and Cardiology
Osmar Antonio Centurion
Asuncion National University, Paraguay
Global Journal of Medical and Clinical Case Reports
ReGenera R&D International for Aging Intervention & San Babila Clinic, Milano, Italy
Archives of Clinical Gastroenterology
Domenico Antonio Restivo
Nuovo Garibaldi Hospital, Italy
Journal of Neurology, Neurological Science and Disorders
UNIVERSITY OF REIMS , FRANCE
Archives of Sports Medicine and Physiotherapy
Taipei Medical University, Taiwan
Archives of Nursing Practice and Care