University of Athens, Greece
Research Interest: "Luminescent probes; Computational structural biology; Structure-based drug design; Inorganic medicine "
Research Interest: Lectin; chitinase; protein;
amino acid; nanoparticles; nanomedicine; apoptosis; cell cycle; antibacterial;
anticancer; antifungal; gene expression; cell morphology; cytotoxicity;
toxicity; antibiofilm; cell culture..
Research Interest: "Organometallic: Transition Metal-catalyzed Nitrogenation of Hydrocarbons; edicinal Inorganic Chemistry: Ruthenium-based Metallopharmaceuticals; Renewable Biomass Energy: Metal-catalyzed Conversion of Cellulosic Biomass for fuels and value-added chemicals"
IR. DR. LAI CHIN WEI is a senior lecturer in the Nanotechnology & Catalysis Research Centre, University of Malaya. He received his Ph.D (2013) from School of Materials and Mineral Resources Engineering, University of Science Malaysia in nanomaterials and nanoscience. Lai’s main research interests are in the areas of chemically modified metal oxide photocatalysts and carbon graphene materials, especially apply in environmental pollution management and solar energy technology. Lai has contributed immensely to the development and enhancement in science & technology in Malaysia, particularly in developing, optimizing and simplifying the technology lies in the synthesis of nanoparticles, metal oxide nano-architecture and carbon/graphene materials which are of high significance for green energy and environment applications. Lai’s works have been published in more than 120 refereed international top-tier journals with h-index of 18 and 100 international proceedings in materials science, physics, chemistry, and renewable energy researches. In all, Lai has reviewed more than 200 papers in the past few years, mainly for top international journals and conferences. Since 2013, his research has been funded by the Ministry of Higher Education of Malaysia, MOHE (FRGS, HIR-MOHE); Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation of Malaysia, MOSTI (E-Science fund, National Nanotechnology Development), and internal University funding (University of Malaya Research Grant). Being a reputable researcher, his enthusiasm and dedication towards research work, Lai has won several prestigious university, national and international awards in exposition on research innovation, invention & solution. In addition, he successfully awarded “Certificate of Excellent Service UM” for his excellent contribution and service in the year of 2013, 2014 and 2015. Through his work nanomaterials and catalysis field, Lai was awarded the University of Malaya Excellence Awards in the category of outstanding researcher- UM Young Researcher (Sciences Discipline) and selected to be a member of the Young Scientist Network – Academy of Sciences Malaysia (YSN-ASM) in 2015. Lately, Lai was awarded as Finalists National Young Scientist Award 2018 by Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation of Malaysia and won Mass Young Researcher Award 2018 by Malaysian Solid State Science & Technology Society, Malaysia. On professional qualifications, Lai registered as a Professional Engineer (PEng) in Material Engineering discipline with the Board of Engineers, Malaysia (BEM) and registered as a Chartered Engineer (CEng) with the Engineering Council, UK in 2017. Lai is an active member in The Institution of Engineers, Malaysia (IEM, MAL), Energy Institute (EI, UK) and Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE, UK). He is recognised as among the calibre and outstanding young scientists in the country who have the potential of advancing the scientific ecosystem in Malaysia.
Coal Energy Technology (Graphene-based catalysts; Cellulose; Carbon-based catalysts; Carbon nanotubes) Semiconductor Materials (Titanium Dioxide, Tungsten Trioxide, Zinc Oxide, Copper Oxide, Iron Oxide) Nano Materials (Nano-tubes, Nano-rods, Nano-particles, Nano-wires) Solar Energy Technology (Hydrogen Fuel Cell, Photoelectrochemical Cell, Photovoltaic Cell, Dye-Sensitized Solar Cell) Waste Management (Environmental Pollution Management) Composite Materials (Photocatalyst, Metal Oxides, Hybrid Materials, Advanced Materials)
List of Publications:
1. Foo Wah Low, Chin Wei Lai, Christelle Pau Ping Wong, Carbonaceous Composite Materials: Chapter 1: Graphene and Graphene/TiO2 Nanocomposites for Renewable Dye Sensitized Solar Cells, Book ISBN: 9781945291975-1, Publisher: Materials Research Forum LLC, USA [DOI: 10.21741/9781945291975-1].
2. Chin Wei Lai, Kian Mun Lee, Bey Fen Leo, Christelle Pau Ping Wong and Soon Weng Chong, Polymeric Materials for Clean Water: Chapter 7: Polymers as Water Disinfectants, Book ISBN: 978-3-030-00742-3, Publisher: Springer Nature Switzerland AG. [DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-00743-0_7].
3. Swe Jyan Teh, Tong Ling Tan, Chin Wei Lai and Kian Mun Lee, (2018), Carbon Nanotubes for Clean Water: Chapter 5: Catalysis, Book ISBN: 978-3-319-95602-2, Publisher: Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature. [DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-95603-9_5].
4. Swe Jyan Teh, Chin Wei Lai, (2018), Applications of Nanocomposite Materials in Dentistry: Chapter 5: Carbon nanotubes for dental implants, Book ISBN 978-0128137420 , Publisher: Woodhead Publishing Elsevier; 1 edition, Oxford, UK, [DOI: 10.1016/B978-0-12-813742-0.00005-5].
5. Chin Fei Chee, Bey Fen Leo, Chin Wei Lai, (2018), Applications of Nanocomposite Materials in Drug Delivery: Chapter 37: Superparamagnetic nanoparticles for drug delivery, Book ISBN 978-0128137413, Publisher: Woodhead Publishing Elsevier; 1 edition, Oxford, UK, [DOI: 10.1016/B978-0-12-813741-3.00038-8].
6. Nur Azimah Abd Samad, Kung Shiuh Lau, Chin Wei Lai, (2018), Innovations in Engineered Porous Materials for Energy Generation and Storage Applications: Chapter 11: Wide Band Gap Nano-Semiconductors For Solar Driven Hydrogen Generation, Book ISBN: 978-1-13-873902-4, Publisher: CRC Press/Taylor & Francis Group, The USA.
7. Christelle Pau Ping Wong, Chin Wei Lai, Joon Ching Juan, (2018), Electrochemical Capacitors: Theory, Materials and Applications; Chapter 7: Hydrothermal Synthesis of Supercapacitors Electrode Materials, Book ISBN 978-1-945291-56-2, Publisher: Materials Research Forum LLC, The USA. [DOI: 10.21741/9781945291579].
8. Chin Wei Lai, (2018), Nano Hybrids and Composites Vol. 20: Chapter 1: WO3-TiO2 Nanocomposite and its Applications: A Review, Book ISBN 978-3-0357-1256-8, Publisher:Trans Tech Publications Inc.,Switzerland. [DOI: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/NHC.20]
9. Chin Wei Lai, Kian Mun Lee, Joon Ching Juan, (2017), Nanocomposites for Visible Light-Induced Photocatalysis; Chapter 7: Polymeric Nanocomposites for Visible Light-Induced Photocatalysis, Book ISBN 978-3-319-62446-4, Publisher: Springer International Publishing, UK. [DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-62446-4].
10. Izazi Azzahidah Amin, Joon Ching Juan, Chin Wei Lai, (2017), Organic-Inorganic Composite Polymer Electrolyte Membranes: Chapter 12: An Overview of Chemical and Mechanical Stabilities of Polymer Electrolytes Membrane, pp. 327-340, Book ISBN: 978-3-319-52738-3, Publisher: Springer International Publishing, UK. [DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-52739-0-12].
11. Chin Wei Lai, Sharifah Bee Abd. Hamid, (2016), Renewable Energy and Sustainable Developments: Chapter 8: A mini review on titanium dioxide photocatalyst: nano-crystalline and nano-tubular systems in solar-driven water electrolysis application, pp. 291-311, ISBN: 978-1-938681-70-7; Publisher: Scientific & Academic P Publishing, USA.
12. Chin Wei Lai, Kung Shiuh Lau, An Advanced Hybrid Nanocomposite Film and Its Photocatalytic Water Electrolysis Response, International Journal of Nanoelectronics and Materials, Accepted, (2018). (SCOPUS-Indexed)
13. Foo Wah Low, Chin Wei Lai, Reduced graphene oxide decorated TiO2 for improving dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs), Current Nanoscience, Accepted, (2018), DOI: 10.2174/1573413714666180724113106. (ISI-Indexed)
14. Chin Wei Lai, Kung Shiuh Lau, Pui May Chou, Controlled synthesis of well-aligned and highly ordered TiO2 nanotubes without bundling for enhanced solar-powered photoelectrochemical responses, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Accepted, (2018). (ISI-Indexed)
15. Chin Wei Lai, Kung Shiuh Lau, Pui May Chou, CdSe/TiO2 Nanotubes for enhanced photoelectrochemical activity under solar illumination: Influence of soaking time in CdSe bath solution, Chemical Physics Letters, Accepted, (2018). DOI: 10.1016/j.cplett.2018.10.054 (ISI-Indexed)
16. Xin Hui Yau, Cheng Seong Khe, Mohamed Shuaib Mohamed Saheed, Chin Wei Lai, Effect on the Formation of Magnetite Reduced Graphene Oxide with Controlled Stirring Duration, MATEC Web of Conferences, 202, Article Number: 01003, (2018). (SCOPUS-Indexed)
17. Tong Ling Tan, Chin Wei Lai, Sok Lai Hong, Suraya Abdul Rashid, New insights into the photocatalytic endocrine disruptors dimethyl phathalate esters degradation by UV/MWCNTs-TiO2 nanocomposites, Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry, 364, pp. 177-189, (2018). (ISI-Indexed)
18. Syazwan Hanani Meriam Suhaimy, Chin Wei Lai, Hairul Anuar Tajuddin, Emy Marlina Samsudin, Mohd Rafie Johan, Impact of TiO2 nanotubes’ morphology on the photocatalytic degradation of simazine pollutant, Materials, 11, pp. 2066-2081, (2018). (ISI-Indexed)
19. Ru Bin Lee, Joon Ching Juan, Chin Wei Lai, Kian Mun Lee, The relationship between iron and Ilmenite for photocatalyst degradation. Advanced Powder Technology, 29(8), pp. 1779-1786, (2018). (ISI-Indexed)
20. Bao Lee Phoon, Chin Wei Lai, Guan-Ting Pan, Thomas C.-K. Yang, Joon Ching Juan, One-pot hydrothermal synthesis of strontium titanate nanoparticles photoelectrode using electrophoretic deposition for enhancing photoelectrochemical water splitting, Ceramics International, 44(8), pp. 9923-9933, (2018). (ISI-Indexed)
21. Kian Mun Lee, Chin Wei Lai, Joon Ching Juan, Stability of custom-designed photoreactor for photocatalytic degradation of reactive black 5 dye using zinc oxide, Corrosion Engineering, Science and Technology, 53(7), pp. 462-467, (2018). (ISI-Indexed)
Research Interest: Nanocosmetics, emulsion
investigations, non- invasive bioengineering techniques, polymer formulation,
Research Interest: Medicinal Chemistry.
Research Interest: Nano chemistry and Nano
adsorbent, Composite, hybride material, natural materials, zeolite and clay, Ion
exchange, adsorption, chromatography, Analytical chemistry (separation,
spectroscopy) Water Treatment
Research Interest: Molecular modelling and
computer-aided drug design,Synthesis and characterisation of biologicaly active
Research Interest: Residue upgrading, whole crude
upgrading, desulphurization and demetallation of crudes and their
fractions,Chemistry of asphaltenes, crude oils, asphalt and their fractions.
Aging and polymer modification studies of asphalts. Recycling of waste
plastics, degradation of organic pollutants.
Research Interest: Highly efficient chemical
synthesis, discovery of new types of drugs and discovery of catalyst and its
application. In addition, I interest to synthesis new classes of dendrimer-like
polymeric DNA, polymers and its application for chemiluminescence detection of
target DNA and delivery of siRNA. I have experience of a wide range of
techniques as applied to Medicinal chemistry, including medicinal chemistry,
molecular biology, analytical chemistry, spectroscopy, synthetic chemistry and
Research Interest: Mucoadhesive DDS,
Selfemulsifying DDS, Transdermal DDS, Liposomal DDS and Controlled DDS.
Research Interest: Medicinal Chemistry and Drug
Design; Organic Synthesis; Bioorganic Chemistry; Biological evaluation of
therapeutically-efficient organic compounds, including pharmacodynamics and
pharmacokinetics; Molecular modeling and chemoinformatics; Molecular Imaging;
Structure elucidation using different spectroscopic techniques (such as MS, IR,
1H NMR, 13C NMR, and 2D NMR such as COSY, HMBC, and HMQC). Purification of
products from reaction mixtures both by simple solvent crystallization methods
and advanced preparative chromatographic methods.
Research Interest: Field of the solid-state
investigation of the molecular self-assembly of different solid forms of the
active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) (polymorphs, cocrystals, salts and
hydrates) with the support of quantum chemical calculations in the presence and
absence of single crystal data. A rather important interest is the online
monitoring of the transformation of these solid forms using either in situ
Raman and NIR spectroscopy or a combination of in situ Raman spectroscopy and
other relevant techniques (e.g. DSC and DVS) to provide a complete picture of physical
and chemical changes that are occurring during the pharmaceutical processes.
Published On: February 07, 2020 | Pages: 001 - 007Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 05, 2019 | Pages: 030 - 034Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 25, 2019 | Pages: 020 - 029Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 21, 2019 | Pages: 013 - 019Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: May 31, 2019 | Pages: 009 - 012Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: March 21, 2019 | Pages: 001 - 008Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: December 31, 2018 | Pages: 001 - 002Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 28, 2017 | Pages: 023 - 025Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 25, 2017 | Pages: 012 - 022Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 11, 2017 | Pages: 001 - 011Abstract View Full Article View
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. It is important to get citated in SCI. Manuscript submission process is good. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication of their research works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is fast review. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
I continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The comments we are getting from editors and reviewers are acceptable. The manuscript submission process is Hassel-free. I strongly recommend this journal to get indexing in different platforms. The timeline between submission and publication is satisfactory. I like the rapid and fair publication process in this journal. I can get the required information in the journal website easily.
I am continuing my association with this journal and confer my services. Manuscript submission process in this journal is Hassel free. I strongly recommend this journal to get reputed indexing services. I recommend my friends and colleagues to submit their works in this journal for publication. The submission and publication time line process is more satisfactory. I can easily find the required information on the journal website.
I will continue my association with this journal as an editor and provide my services. The reviewer and editor comments in this journal are genuine. The journal will be great, if it can get annual citation report. The manuscript submission process is smooth and cool. I definitely recommend this journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to my colleagues. I am satisfied with the submission and publication process with this journal. I like the speedy publishing process in this journal. The website is user-friendly.
I like to continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and professional. The journal should expand the electronic readership as ease to access and lower costs. Manuscript submission in this journal is Hassle free. I suggest to some of my friends who are related to this journal scope to submit their manuscripts for publication. The manuscript submission and publication timeline process is appreciated. I can find the required information on the website freely.
The comments from editors and reviewers are agreeable. I think that my suggestion is to get indexing in Pubmed. Manuscript submission process is simple and user friendly. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. I surely recommend to others to submit their works in this journal. The submission and publication time line process of manuscripts are quick and timely. I like the quick and rapid publication process in the journal. I can easily find the required information on the journal webpage.
I like to continue my association as an editor in this journal and confer my services. My suggestion is to use social sites as linkedin, Facebook and twitter to send submission request to orthopaedic surgeon and to introduce the journal. I recommend this journal for reputed indexing services. I ensure that I recommend my co-experts who were related with this journal to submit their research works. The required information will easily access from website.
I wish to associate with the journal as editor and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. I suggest to lower the cost for publication of the manuscript. Manuscript submission process is rapid.I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. Publication process is good. The required information is easily available on the website.
I wish to associate with the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Indexing may help for the growth of the Journal. Manuscript submission process is rapid. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommend this journal to others for publication. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is the layout of the journal. The required information is easily available on the website.
I wish to be associated with the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and satisfactory. Manuscript submission process is rapid. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommend this journal to many of my colleagues for publication of their valuable works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is quickness. The required information is easily available on the website.
Former member of MGH, USA
International Journal of Immunotherapy and Cancer Research
Prof. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Developmental Research
ReGenera R&D International for Aging Intervention & San Babila Clinic, Milano, Italy
Archives of Clinical Gastroenterology
Sassari University, Italy
Archive of Urological Research
University of Pisa, Italy
Annals of Psychiatry and Treatment
Arghya Narayan Banerjee
Yeungnam University, South Korea
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
UNIVERSITY OF REIMS , FRANCE
Archives of Sports Medicine and Physiotherapy
Kyushu University, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Fukuoka, Japan
Global Journal of Cancer Therapy
Peter J Catalano
Tufts University, USA
Archives of Otolaryngology and Rhinology
Jose Manuel Ramia-Angel
Guadalajara University Hospital , Spain
Journal of Surgery and Surgical Research