Lund University, Sweden
Tel: 0046 703435270
Fax: 0046 46 222 4435
Research Interest: Outdoor Air Quality Modeling and Assessment, Indoor
Air Quality, Numerical Simulation (CFD model), Atmospheric Diffusion, Air
Pollution Meteorology, Modeling of micro-scale flow problems, Physical Simulation
(Wind tunnel modeling), Noise Pollution, Environmental Statistics, and Wind
Dr. Ping Xiang is a research professor of Institute of Environmental Remediation and Human Health at Southwest Forestry University in Kunming, China. He received his Ph.D. degree in Environmental Science & Engineering through a joint Ph.D. program from Nanjing University and University of Florida. Prior to that, he joined the State Key Lab of Ophthalmology, Optometry and Visual Science in Wenzhou Medical University as a research assistant for 3 years after receiving a M.Sc. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from Fujian Normal University in 2011. He is also a Member of many scientific organizations including International Society for Stem Cell Research, American Society for Nutrition, and North America Chinese Society for Nutrition. Dr. Xiang is the author of almost 50 peer-reviewed journal publications and is also an active reviewer for over 20 journals, and a member of multiple editorial boards for Journal of Health and Environmental Research, Austin Environmental Sciences, Journal of Environmental and Public Health, American Journal of Toxicology & Research, and Journal of Forensic Science and Toxicology.
Research Interest: 1) Mechanistic toxicology of emerging contaminants using primary human cells, stem cells, rodents as well as zebrafish models; (2) Indoor Pollution and human health; (3) Bioavailability of contaminants in different matrices and its application to risk assessment
List of Publications:
1. Chen, J., LD. Garbinski, B Rosen, J. Zhang, P Xiang*, Lena Q. Ma*. 2019. Organoarsenical compounds: occurrence, toxicology and biotransformation. Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology. Accepted (IF= 7.68)
2. Gao P.; M. Xu; Y. Liu; E. Da Silva; P. Xiang*, Lena Q. Ma*. 2019. Emerging and legacy PAHs in urban soils of small cities: Concentrations, distribution, and sources. Science of the Total Environment. submitted (IF= 4.610).
3. Manzoor M., R Abid, B. Rathinasabapathie, L. M. De Oliveira, E. da Silva, F.L Deng, C. Rensing, M. Arshad, I. Gul, P. Xiang*, and Lena Q Ma*. 2019. Metal Tolerance of Arsenic-Resistant Bacteria and Their Potential to Promote Plant Growth in Pb-Contaminated Soil. Science of the Total Environment. 660: 18-24 (IF= 4.610).
4. Liu Y.G., P. Gao, J. Su, E. da Silva, L. de Oliveira, T. Townsend, X. Liu, P. Xiang*, L. Q. Ma*. 2019. PAHs concentrations in two urban cities: spatial distribution and source apportionment. Chemosphere. 214: 220-227. (IF= 4.427).
5. Gao, P., H.B. Li, C. P. Wilson, T. G. Townsend ,P. Xiang*, Yungen Liu, and L. Q. Ma*. 2018. Source identification of PAHs in soils based on stable carbon isotopic signatures. Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology. 48(13-15): 923–948. ( IF= 7.68)
6. Gao P., E. da Silva, L. Hou, N. D. Denslow, P. Xiang*, L. Q. Ma*. 2018. Human exposure to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons: Metabolomics perspective. Environment International. 119: 466-477. (IF= 7.297)
7. Liu X., H.Y. Feng, J.W. Fu, D. Sun, Y. Cao, Y.S. Chen, P. Xiang*, Yungen Liu*, Lena Q.Ma. 2018.Phytate promoted arsenic uptake and growth in arsenic-hyperaccumulator Pteris vittata by upregulating phosphorus transporters. Environmental Pollution.241: 240-246. (IF= 5.099)
8. Xiang P. , K. Wang, Y.S. Qin, M.Y. Li, R.W. He, R. Ma, X. Liu* and Lena Q. Ma*. 2019. Organic Extract of Indoor Dust Induces Estrogen-like Effects on Human Breast Cancer Cells. Chemosphere. Submitted (IF= 4.427).
9. Xiang P., Y. Jia, K. Wang, M.Y. Li, Y. S. Qin, R.W. He, P. Gao, Y.G. Liu, X. Liu*, L. Q. Ma*. 2018. Water extract of indoor dust induces tight junction disruption in normal human corneal epithelial cells. Environmental Pollution. 243(A): 301-307. ( IF= 4.358)
10. Xiang P., S.S. Wang, M. He, Y. H. Han, Z.H. Zhou, D. L. Chen, M. Li., and L.Q. Ma. 2018. The in vitro and in vivo biocompatibility evaluation of electrospun recombinant spider silk protein/PCL/gelatin for small caliber vascular tissue engineering scaffolds. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 163: 19–28 (IF= 3.887)
11. Xiang P, R. W. He, R.Y. Liu, K. Li, P. Gao, X.Y. Cui, H.B. Li, Y.G. liu, L.Q. Ma. 2018. Cellular responses of normal (HL-7702) and cancerous (HepG2) hepatic cells to dust extract exposure. Chemosphere. 193:1189-1197 (IF= 4.208).
12. Xiang P, R. Y. Liu, C. Li, Y. H. Han, X.Y. Cui, L. Q. Ma. 2017. Effects of Organophosphorus Flame Retardant TDCPP on Normal Human Corneal Epithelial Cells: Implication for Human Health. Environmental Pollution. 230: 22-30. (IF= 5.099)
13. Xiang P, R.Y. Liu, H. J. Sun, C. Li, X.Y. Cui, L.Q. Ma. 2017. Effects of Novel Brominated Flame Retardant TBPH and Its Metabolite TBMEHP on human vascular endothelial cells: implication for human health risks. Environmental Research.156: 834–842 (IF= 3.835).
14. Xiang P., R. W. He, Y. H. Han, H. J. Sun, X. Y. Cui, and L. Q. Ma. 2016. Mechanisms of housedust-induced toxicity in primary human corneal epithelial cells: Oxidative stress, pro-inflammatory response and mitochondrial dysfunction. Environment International. 89–90: 30–37. (IF= 7.088)
15. Xiang P., R. Y. Liu, H. J. Sun, Y. H. Han, R. W. He, X. Y. Cui, and L. Q. Ma. 2016. Molecular mechanisms of dust-induced toxicity in human corneal epithelial cells: Water and organic extract of office and house dust. Environment International 92–93: 348–356. (IF=7.088)
16. Xiang P., K. W. Wu, Y. Zhu, L. Xiang, C. Li, D. L. Chen, F. Chen, G. T. Xu, A. J. Wang, M. Li, and Z. B Jin. 2014. A novel bruch membrane-mimetic electrospun substrate scaffold for human retinal pigment epithelium cells. Biomaterials 35: 9777–9788. (IF= 8.802)
17. Xiang P., M. Li, C. Y. Zhang, D. L. Chen, and Z. H. Zhou. 2011. Cytocompatibility of electrospun nanofiber tubular scaffolds for small diameter tissue engineering blood vessels. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. 49: 281–288. (IF= 3.909)
18. Huang, X. F.#, P. Xiang#, J. Chen, D. J. Xing, N. Huang, Q. J. Min, F. Gu, Y. Tong, C. P. Pang, J. Qu, Z. B. Jin. 2013. Targeted exome sequencing identified novel USH2A mutations in Usher syndrome families. PLoS ONE 8: e63832. (IF= 2.806)
19. Tao Wang, P. Xiang, Jung-Heun Ha, Xiaoyu Wang, Caglar Doguer, Shireen R. L. Flores, Yujian James Kang, James F. Collins*. 2018. Copper supplementation reverses dietary iron overload-induced pathologies in mice. Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry 59:56-63. (IF= 4.414)
20. Tao Wang, P. Xiang, Jung-Heun Ha, Xiaoyu Wang, Caglar Doguer, Shireen R. L. Flores, Yujian James Kang, James F. Collins*. 2017. Copper supplementation in drinking water reverses dietary iron overload-induced anemia and cardiac hypertrophy in mice. The FASEB Journal.31(1): 301.4 (IF= 5.595)
21. Sun, H. J., P. Xiang, J. Luo, H.C. Hong, H. J. Lin, H. B. Li, L. Q. Ma. 2016. Mechanisms of arsenic disruption on gonadal, adrenal and thyroid endocrine systems in humans: A review. Environment International. 95:61-68. (IF= 7.088)
22. Sun, H. J., P. Xiang, M. H. Tang, L. Sun, and L. Q. Ma. 2016. Arsenic impacted the development, thyroid hormone and gene transcription of thyroid hormone receptors in bighead carp larvae (Hypophthalmichthys nobilis). Journal of Hazardous Materials. 303: 76–82. (IF= 6.065)
Toxicology, Experimental Pathology, Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology,
Pharmaceuticals Ecotoxicology, Healthcare Environmental Safety, Teratology,
Biosafety, High Containment Laboratory Facilities. Select Agents and Toxins.
Prof. Mohamed Nageeb Rashed is a Professor of Analytical and Environmental Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Aswan University, Egypt. He previously was a director of mining research centre at Nasser Lake Development Authority, Aswan, Egypt. His research interests have been water pollution monitoring, control and treatment; bioindicators for water pollution; advanced oxidation treatment, photocatalysis, nanocatalyst, nanocomposite and adsorption techniques in water and wastewater treatment. Prof. Rashed supervises several M.Sc. and Ph.D. thesis in the field of analytical and environmental chemistry. He published 75 scientific papers in international journals. He participated as invited speaker in 20 conferences around the world. Prof. Rashed acts as editor-in-chief and an editorial board member in several international journals in the fields of chemistry and environment. He awarded the Egyptian National Award for Environmental Researches for the year 2001.
Research Interest: Analytical Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Industrial chemistry, Nanocatalysis, Water quality, Photocatalysis, Adsorption, Ecotoxicology, Environmental Impact Assessment, Industrial Waste Recycling, Wastewater management.
Grants: ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-2987-8469
Scoups ID: 7006151185
List of Publications:
1- M.Nageeb Rashed, Mohamed E. Soltan, Mahasen M. Ahmed, Ahmed N. E. Abdou (2018) Heavy Metals Removal from Wastewater by Adsorption on Modified Physically Activated Sewage Sludge. Archives of Organic and Inorganic Chemical Sciences, 1(1), 1-8.
2- Nageeb Rashed M, Eltaher MA, and Abdou ANA. (2018).Removal of Methyl Orange and Cd using Sewage Sludge Adsorbent Assisted Photo- Fenton UV /H2O2. Chem Eng Process Tech 4(1): 1051.
3- M. Nageeb Rashed, A.A. Gad and A.M. AbdEldaiem.(2018). Preparation and characterization of green adsorbent from waste glass and its application for the removal of heavy metals from well water. Advances in Environmental Research, Vol. 7, No. 1 (2018) 53-71 .
4- El-Sheikh S. M., Ahmed Shawky, Sabrin M. Abdo, Mohamed Nageeb Rashad, Thanaa I. El-
Dosoqy. (2018). Preparation and characterization of nanokaolinite photocatalyst for removal of P-nitrophenol under UV irradiation. Int.J.Nanostructure. Accepted.
5-Nageeb Rashed, Mohamed E. Soltan, Mahasen M. Ahmed, Ahmed N. E. Abdou (2017)
Removal of Heavy Metals from Wastewater by New Adsorbents from Chemical Activation of Sewage Sludge. Environmental Engineering and Management Journal, Vol.16, No. 7, 1531-1542.
6- M.Nageeb Rashed, A. Rashed Mohamed, M. Ahmed Awadallah (2017).Preparation of
adsorbent from phosphate rock waste to be used for the removal of heavy metals from
wastewater. Journal of Applied Chemistry Science International, Accepted, in press.
7- G. M. Taha, M. N. Rashed, M. S Abd El-sadek, M. A. Moghazy (2017) Comparative Study on Three Different Methods for Synthesis of a Pure Nano Multiferroic BiFeO 3.Advanced Science, Engineering and Medicine, 9(6),461-468.
8. S. M. El-Sheikh, Ahmed Shawky, Sabrin M. Abdo, Thanaa I. El Dosoqy, Mohamed Nageeb Rashad (2017) . A novel nanokaolinite photocatalyst for degradation of P-nitrophenol.
Conference Paper published Aug 2017 in IEEE International Conference on Manipulation,
Manufacturing and Measurement on the Nanoscale (3M-NANO).
9- M. Nageeb Rashed, M. A. Eltherr and A. N. A. Abdou (2016 ).Synthesis of TiO2@ Activated Bagasse Fly Ash Nanocomposite as a Photocatalyst for Removal of Dyes and Heavy Metals from Wastewater. International Research Journal of Pure & Applied Chemistry 11(4): 1-13.
10- M. Nageeb Rashed, M. A. Eltherr and A. N. A. Abdou (2016 ) Coupled Adsorption and
Photocatalysis of Cadmium and Methyl Orange from Aqueous Solution using anocomposite
(TiO2/ Sewage Sludge Based Activated Carbon) .In publishing, J. Environmental Technology & Innovation.
11- Said M. El-Sheikh, Mohamed N. Rashed, Ahmed Shawky, Sabrine M. Abdou, Thanaa I. El-Dossoqy (2016) Preparation of 2D Nanostructured Kaolinite as Enhanced Photocatalyst for Degradation of Rhodamine B Dye under UV Light. NT16- Seventeenth International
Conference of Science and Applications of Nanotubes and Low Dimensional materials,
University of Vienna, Austria (7-13th Aug. 2016) / (GSS16- 7thGraphene and 2D Materials
Satellite Symposium, faculty of Physics, University of Vienna, Austria (13th Aug. 2016).
12-M. Nageeb Rashed, M. A. El-Daim El Taher and Somaya M. M. Fadlalla (2016).Adsorption of methylene blue using modified adsorbents from drinking water treatment sludge. Water Science & Technology, 74 (8), 1885-1889.
13-M.Nageeb Rashed, M.A.El-Daim El Taher, S. M. M. Fadlalla (2016) Adsorption Kinects and Isotherms for Removal of Rhodamine B (dye) using Adsorbents prepared from drinking water treatment sludge. American Journal of Scientific Research and Essays, Vol. 1(1): 13-30
14- M.N. Rashed, A. Rashed Mohamed, M. Ahmed Awadallah (2015) Chemically Activated
Phosphate Slime as Adsorbent for Heavy Metals Removal from Polluted Water. International
Journal of Environment and Waste Management. Int. J. Environment and Waste Management, Vol. 16, No. 2.145-165.
15- M. N. Rashed, M. A. Eltherr, A. N. A.Abdou (2016) Enhancement the efficiency of methyl orange and cadmium simultaneous removal using activated sewage sludge supported by photo - Fenton system. In publishing.
16-M.N.Rashed, M. E. Soltan, , M.M. Ahmed, A. N. A. Abdou (2014) Removal of Heavy Metals from Wastewater by New Adsorbents from Chemical Activation of Sewage Sludge .Journal Environmental Engineering and Management, Accepted and in Press.
17-M.N. Rashed, M.A.El-Taher, E.M.Fawezy and S.M. N. Moalla (2013) Photocatalytic
Degradation of Methyl Orange under Sunlight Irradiation and Nanosized TiO2 Catalyst
Modified Concrete Materials (recycled glass cullet as aggregate). 11th International Conference on Chemistry and its Role in Development (ICCRD'11) Mansoura - Sharm El-Sheikh March 11-15, 2013
Kartlos Kachiashvili has his expertise in Mathematical Statistics, Data Analysis, Mathematical Mo¬deling and Simulation, New Computer Technologies Development, System Analysis, Com¬pu¬ting
He developed his activities in scientific production associations, research institutes and universities of different countries (Georgia, Russia, Pakistan). Developed by him methods, models, systems, methodologies, program packages were practically realized in real systems of different countries of former USSR. His research results are published in 216 scientific articles and 7 monographs published in many well-known, international journals and publishing houses.
He obtained scientific degree “Candidate of Sciences” in March, 1978, in Moscow Power Institute (Technical University) – МЭИ (Russia). The next scientific degree “Doctor of Sciences” (Dr. of Sc.) he obtained in October, 1990, in D. Mendeleev University of Chemical Technology of Russia (Moscow).
Research Interest: Mathematical Statistics, Data Analysis (Environmental, Agricultural, Medical), Mathematical Modeling and Simulation, New Computer Technologies Development, System Analysis (Environmental Water Pollution), Computing Mathematics.
Grants: 33 national and international grants
Skype ID: kartlos5
List of Publications:
1. * Kachiashvili K.J. (1989) Bayesian algorithms of many hypothesis testing. Ganatleba, Tbilisi, 144 p. (In Russian)
2. ** Primak A.V., Kafarov V.V. and Kachiashvili K.J. (1991) System Analysis of Control and Management of Air and Water Quality. Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 360 p. (Science and technical progress) (In Russian)
3. Kachiashvili K.J., Gordeziani D.G. and Melikdzhanian D.I. (2007) Mathematical models, methods and algorithms of control and regulation of water quality in rivers. Georgian Technical University, Tbilisi, 251 p. (In Russian)
4. Kachiashvili K.J. and Melikdzhanian D.I. (2012) Advanced Modeling and Computer Technologies for Fluvial Water Quali¬ty Research and Control. Nova Science Publishers, Inc., New York, 348 p. (In English)
5. Kachiashvili K.J., Melikdzhanian D.I. and Prangishvili A.I. (2015) Computing Algorithms for Solutions of Problems in Applied Mathematics and Their Standard Program Realization. Part 1-Deterministic Mathematics. Nova Science Publishers, Inc., New York, 372 p. (In English)
6. Kachiashvili K.J., Melikdzhanian D.I. and Prangishvili A.I. (2015) Computing Algorithms for Solutions of Problems in Applied Mathematics and Their Standard Program Realization. Part 2- Stochastic Mathematics. Nova Science Publishers, Inc., New York, 358 p. (In English)
7. Kachiashvili K.J. (2018) Constrained Bayesian Methods of Hypotheses Testing: A New Philosophy of Hypotheses Testing in Parallel and Sequential Experiments. Nova Science Publishers, Inc., New York, 361 p. (In English)
8. Kachiashvili K.J. (2019) Modern State of Statistical Hypotheses Testing and Perspectives of its Development. Biostat Biometrics Open Acc J.; 9(2): 555759. 1-4, DOI: 10.19080/BBOAJ.2019.09.55575902 https://juniperpublishers.com/bboaj/pdf/BBOAJ.MS.ID.555759.pdf
9. Kachiashvili K.J., Prangishvili I.A. and Kachiashvili J.K. (2019) Constrained Bayesian Methods for Testing Directional Hypotheses Restricted False Discovery Rates. Biostat Biometrics Open Acc J 9(3): BBOAJ.MS.ID.555761. (2019)
10. Kachiashvili K.J., Bansal N.K. and Prangishvili I.A. (2018) Constrained Bayesian Method for Testing the Directional Hypotheses. Journal of Mathematics and System Science, 8, 96-118, doi: 10.17265/2159-5291/2018.04.002
11. Kachiashvili K.J. (2018) On One Aspect of Constrained Bayesian Method for Testing Directional Hypotheses. Biomed J Sci &Tech Res, 2(5). BJSTR.MS.ID.000821. DOI: 10.26717/BJSTR.2018.02.000821
12. Kachiashvili K.J. and Melikdzhanian D.I. (2018) Estimators of the Parameters of Beta Distribution, Sankhya B: The Indian Journal of Statistics, 1-24, DOI: 10.1007/s13571-018-0157-2
13. Kachiashvili K.J. and Prangishvili A.I. (2018) Verification in biometric systems: problems and modern methods of their solution, Journal of Applied Statistics, 45(1), 43-62, DOI: 10.1080/02664763.2016.1267122
14. Kachiashvili K.J. (2018) Systems Analysis of Environmental Water Quality Control and Management and some Appropriate Modern Software, Ecology, Pollution and Environmental science: Open Access ( EEO ), 1(1): 50-57,
15. Kachiashvili K.J. (2017) EDITORIAL: Some Ways of Resolution of Current Environmental Problems. MOJ Ecology & Environmental Science 2(7): 00049. DOI: 10.15406/mojes.2017.02.00049.
16. Kachiashvili K.J. (2017) The Impact of Applied Agricultural Technologies on the Productivity of Agricultural Lands. International Journal of Research Studies in Agricultural Sciences (IJRSAS), Volume 3 Issue 4, pp. 9-21.
17. Kachiashvili K.J. and Melikdzhanian D.I. (2016) Software for Pollutants Transport in Rivers and for Identification of Excessive Pollution Sources. MOJ Ecology & Environmental Science, Volume 1 Issue 1, pp. 1-8.
18. Kachiashvili K.J. (2016) Constrained Bayesian Method of Composite Hypotheses Testing: Singularities and Capabilities. International Journal of Statistics in Medical Research, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 135-167.
19. Kachiashvili K.J. (2016) EDITORIAL: Inference in Clinical Experiments. International Journal of Statistics in Medical Research, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 133-134. Available at:
20. Kachiashvili K.J. and Topchishvili A.L. (2016) Estimators of the Parameters of Irregular Right-Angled Triangular Distribution. Model Assisted Statistics and Applications, 11, 179-184. DOI 10.3233/MAS-150362
21. Kachiashvili K.J. and Melikdzhanian D.I. (2015) Software for statistical hypotheses testing. International Journal of Modern Sciences and Engineering Technology (IJMSET), Volume 2, Issue 4, 2015, pp.33-52, ISSN 2349-3755; Available at: https://www.ijmset.com/current-issue.html
22. Kachiashvili, K.J. (2015) Constrained Bayesian Method for Testing Multiple Hypotheses in Sequential Experiments. Sequential Analysis: Design Methods and Applications, Vol. 34, Issue 2, 171-186 DOI: 10.1080/07474946.2015.1030973
23. Kachiashvili K.J. (2014) Comparison of Some Methods of Testing Statistical Hypotheses. Part I. Parallel Methods. International Journal of Statistics in Medical Research, 3, 174-189.
24. Kachiashvili K.J. (2014) Comparison of Some Methods of Testing Statistical Hypotheses. Part II. Sequential Methods. International Journal of Statistics in Medical Research, 3, 189-197.
25. Kachiashvili K.J. (2014) The Methods of Sequential Analysis of Bayesian Type for the Multiple Testing Problem. Sequential Analysis, 33(1), 23-38 DOI: 10.1080/07474946.2013.843318
26. Kachiashvili K.J. (2014) Investigation of the method of sequential analysis of Bayesian type. Journal of Advances in Mathematics. Vol. 18, No. 1, p. 1367-1380.
27. Kachiashvili K.J. (2014) Probability of errors in sequential methods of Bayesian type. Reports of Enlarged Session of the Seminar of I. Vekua Institute of Applied Mathematics, Vol. 28, 58-61.
Research Interest: Agricultural Water Management;
Agricultural and Environmental Engineering; Irrigation of Crops with Recycled
Research Interest: Geology, Geochemistry, Environmental Geochemistry, Aqueous Geochemistry, Drinking Water Quality, Trace elements, Inorganic contaminants, Water and Soil Quality, Groundwater Contamination, Environmental Impact Assessment, Soil-Water Interactions, Cation Exchange Processes in Hyporheic Sediments, Geochemical Modeling
Isidro A. Pérez is Associate Professor of Applied Physics at the University of Valladolid. His scientific career began with measurement and modelling of photochemical oxidants. The following research line was the management of RASS sodar data, which led to different papers. This device analyses the low boundary layer beyond the heights investigated by any meteorological tower. After that, CO2 concentrations were studied at a rural site and several papers that combined RASS sodar observations with concentrations measured present the results of this research. Moreover, parametric and nonparametric procedures were used to investigate the daily and annual cycles of greenhouse gases. The analysis of air parcel trajectories was later considered and the contrast between Atlantic and continental trajectories was observed on the greenhouse gas concentration recorded. Finally, his research is oriented towards the trend determination by parametric and nonparametric procedures and the origin of greenhouse gas outliers and their influence on this trend.
Research Interest: Low atmosphere meteorology; Air pollution; Statistics of meteorological observations
Number of Publications: 71
Research Interest: Toxicology – Research, Teaching and Manuscript Writing,
Publication, Learning New Techniques.
H.O Nwankwoala is a lecturer in the Department of Geology, University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria. He obtained B.Sc in Geology from University of Port Harcourt and an M.Phil in Environmental Management (Environmental Geosciences option) from the Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Port Harcourt and Ph.D in Applied Hydrogeology from the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria. He has carried out several research projects and consultancy work in the areas of Hydrogeology, and has been a Consultant Geoscientist to a number of Geoscientific/Environmental Companies/firms. He has also taken part in and coordinated a number of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and groundwater potability studies. He has also served in many capacities in the academia within Nigeria and provided expertise internationally, working for United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) as Nigerian Lead Groundwater Expert in the Transboundary Water Assessment Programme (TWAP) for West and Central African countries. He is a prolific researcher and widely published in both local and international high impact factor indexed journals. He is an active member of many professional societies which include the International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAH), the Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society (NMGS), the Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationists (NAPE), and the International Association of Hydrological Sciences (IAHS), amongst others.
Research Interest: His research interests are broad-based and have ranged widely over the hydrogeological spectrum, (including but not limited to environmental geochemistry, contaminant hydrogeology, biogeochemistry, geo-microbiology, environmental geo-techniques, Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), waste management, water resources planning/management and sustainability, and environmental hydrogeology with special emphasis to hydro-geochemistry, groundwater/geochemical modelling and pollution studies, and medical geology.
List of Publications:
1. Nwankwoala, H.O, Amadi, A.N; Warmate, T and Jmoh, M.O (2015). Geotechnical Properties of Sub-soils in Escravos Estuary, Western Niger Delta, Nigeria. American Journal of Civil Engineering and Architecture, 3(1): 8 – 14. DOI:10.12691/aees-2-4-2.
2. Oborie, E; Udom, G.J and Nwankwoala, H.O (2014). Characterization of aquifers in Yenagoa and Ogbia areas of Bayelsa State, Nigeria: A geo-electrical approach. Advance Journal of Physical Sciences, 3(2): 31 39.
3. Ohwoghere-Asuma, O; Chiyem, F.I and Nwankwoala, H.O (2014). 2D Resistivity Electrical Imaging of Unsaturated and Saturated Zones for Crude Oil Spillage at Agbarha in Ugheli area of Delta State, Nigeria. New York Science Journal, 7(2): 30 – 35.
4. Nwankwoala, H.O and Warmate, T (2014). Subsurface Soil Characterization of a Site for Infrastructural Development Purposes in D/Line, Port Harcourt, Nigeria. American International Journal of Contemporary Research, 4(6): 139 – 148.
5. Nwankwoala, H.Oand Ngah, S.A (2014). Groundwater Resources of the Niger Delta: Quality Implications and Management Considerations. International Journal of Water Resources and Environmental Engineering, 6(5): 155 – 163.
6. Udom, G.J; Nwankwoala, H.O and Jephthah, H.A (2013). Seasonal Variations in Groundwater Chemistry in parts of Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, Nigeria. International Journal of Innovative Environmental Studies Research 1(2): 40 – 54.
7. Nwankwoala, H.O (2013). Aquifer Hydraulic Conductivity Determination from Grain Size Analysis in parts of Old Port Harcourt Township, Nigeria. ARPN Journal of Science and Technology 3(9): 972 – 981.
8. Nwankwoala, H.O (2013). Ionic Abundance and Distributions in Groundwater Systems: A Case Study. Greener Journals of Physical sciences 3(4): 115 – 130.
9. Amadi, A.N; Nwankwoala, H.O, Olasehinde, P.I, Okoye, N.O, Okunlola, I.A & Alkali, Y.B (2012). Investigation of aquifer quality in Bonny Island, Eastern Niger Delta, Nigeria using geophysical and geochemical techniques. Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering and Applied Sciences (JETEAS), Vol.3 (1): 183 – 187.
10. Nwankwoala, H.O and Walter, I.O (2012). Assessment of Groundwater Quality in Shallow Coastal Aquifers of Okrika Island, Eastern Niger Delta, Nigeria. Ife Journal of Science. 14(2): 297 – 304.
11. Nwankwoala, H.O (2012). Investigation of Geotechnical Engineering Properties of Subsurface Soils in Bonny Island, Eastern Niger Delta. Nature Environment and Pollution Technology, An International Quarterly Scientific Journal. 11(4): 527 – 534.
12. Nwankwoala, H.O (2011). Assessment of groundwater quality in parts of Bayelsa State, Eastern Niger Delta. The IUP Journal of Soil and Water Science, Vol.11 (4): 7 – 23.
13. Odigi, M.I; Ukren, L.O & Nwankwoala, H.O (2011). Distribution of heavy metals in soils of Port Harcourt and its environs, Niger Delta, Nigeria. Chinese Journal of Geochemistry, Vol. 30: 415 – 421.
14. Ushie, F.A and Nwankwoala, H.O (2011). A Preliminary geoelectrical appraisal of groundwater in Yalla, Southern Benue Trough, South-East Nigeria. Middle East Journal of Scientific Research, Vol. 9 (1): 01 – 07
15. Nwankwoala, H.O and Udom, G.J (2011). Hydrochemicalfacies and ionic ratios of groundwater in Port Harcourt, Southern Nigeria. Research Journal of Chemical Sciences, Vol.1 (3): 87 – 101.
16. Nwankwoala, H.O and Udom, G.J(2011). Investigation of hydro-geochemical characteristics of groundwater in Port Harcourt City, Nigeria: Implications for use and vulnerability. Journal of Applied Science and Environmental Management. 15(3):479-488.
17. Nwankwoala, H.O (2011). Hydrochemical and suitability evaluation of groundwater in Bonny Island, Eastern Niger Delta. African Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, Vol. 3 (6): 271 – 277.
18. Ukandu, J.S; Udom, G.J and Nwankwoala, H.O (2011). Hydrochemistry of groundwater in Umuahia South Local Government Area, Abia State, Nigeria. British Journal of Applied Science and Technology, Vol.1 (4): 141 – 151
19. Ukandu, J.S; Udom, G.J and Nwankwoala, H.O (2011). Aspects of the Hydrogeology of Umuahia South Government Area, Abia State, Nigeria. E3 Journal of Environmental Research and Management. 2(2): 014 – 026.
20. Nwankwoala, H.O; Udom, G.J and Ugwu, S.A (2011). Some heavy metal investigations in groundwater sources in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, Nigeria. Journal of Applied Technology in Environmental Sanitation, Vol. 1 (2):163 - 170.
21. Nwankwoala, H.O (2011): Institutional framework/agenda for sustainable rural water and sanitation in Nigeria. International Journal of Current Research, Vol. 3 (11): 206 – 209.
22. Nwankwoala, H.O and Udom, G.J (2009). Predictive mathematical modeling of iron in the groundwater systems of Eagle Island, Port Harcourt. Water Resources Journal of the Nigerian Association of Hydrogeologists (NAH), Vol. 19: 26 - 31.
23. Nwankwoala, H.O ;Pabon, D and Amadi, P.A (2009). Seasonal distribution of Nitrate and Nitrite levels in Eleme abattoir environment, Rivers State. Journal of Applied Sciences and Environmental Management, Vol.13 (4): 35 – 38
Research Interest: Effects of butadiene and its metabolites on the
somatic and germ cells of rodents, in vitro study on the effects of genotoxins
and reproductive toxins in human lymphocytes and sperm, flavonoids modulate
comet assay responses to food mutagens in human cells. She worked on
male-mediated F1 effects in mice exposed to X-rays or chemicals or to a
combination of both agents, estimated mutagenic effects induced in somatic and
germ cells of laboratory mice (in vivo tests) after combined action of X-rays
and chemicals occurring in the environment. She studied the antioxidants
properties of flavonoid and catalase on the DNA damage induced in human sperm
by thyroid hormone and noradrenaline. She was involved in biomonitoring studies
of DNA damage measured by comet assay in leucocytes of blood donors and in
sperm of pregnant women’s partners. Recently, she worked on the effects of
phthalates on the male germ cells and the development of the offspring of males
treated before mating. Moreover, she studied the effect of subchronic exposure
to low doses of X-rays and endocrine disruptors on the quantity and quality of
spermatozoa as well as the effects on the pre- and postnatal surviving and
development of the offspring of exposed males. She studied the DNA damage in
leucocytes of nuclear medicine workers. Presently, she studies the
radioprotective effect of resveratrol and lycopene against the damage induced
by irradiation in germ and somatic cells of mice.
Research Interest: Environmental Toxicology, Basic and Clinical
Research Interest: Intelligent Simulation of Landscape Changes; Remote
Published On: February 14, 2019 | Pages: 001 - 006Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation Base Search Scilit OAI-PMH ResearchGate SciForum
Published On: October 26, 2017 | Pages: 080 - 085Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation Base Search Scilit OAI-PMH ResearchGate SciForum
Published On: June 30, 2017 | Pages: 074 - 079Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation Base Search Scilit OAI-PMH ResearchGate SciForum
Published On: May 29, 2017 | Pages: 068 - 073Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation Base Search Scilit OAI-PMH ResearchGate SciForum
Published On: April 17, 2017 | Pages: 059 - 067Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation Base Search Scilit OAI-PMH ResearchGate SciForum
Published On: April 07, 2017 | Pages: 048 - 058Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation Base Search Scilit OAI-PMH ResearchGate SciForum
Published On: March 18, 2017 | Pages: 043 - 047Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation Base Search Scilit OAI-PMH ResearchGate SciForum
Published On: January 30, 2017 | Pages: 033 - 042Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation Base Search Scilit OAI-PMH ResearchGate SciForum
Published On: January 21, 2017 | Pages: 021 - 032Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation Base Search Scilit OAI-PMH ResearchGate SciForum
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Start monthly issue with ten articles in it which would be helpful for the growth of the Journal. Manuscript submission process is rapid and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommend this journal to others for publishing their valuable and interesting research work.I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in our publication process is Fast review. The required information is easily accessible on the website.
I continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The comments we are getting from editors and reviewers are acceptable. The manuscript submission process is Hassel-free. I strongly recommend this journal to get indexing in different platforms. The timeline between submission and publication is satisfactory. I like the rapid and fair publication process in this journal. I can get the required information in the journal website easily.
"The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and professional. The manuscript submission process in this journal is user friendly. I will definetely recomend this journal for getting major indexing platforms. I recomend my staff and friends who were experts in this journal to submit their works in this journal. The process between submission and publication timeline in this journal are satisfactory. I mostly like the rapid review process in this journal.
The required information can get easily on the journal webpage.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair. Manuscript submission process is quick and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommended this journal to others for publication of their valuable research works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is quick reply and short time process. The required information is easily available on the website.
The comments from editors and reviewers are agreeable. I think that my suggestion is to get indexing in Pubmed. Manuscript submission process is simple and user friendly. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. I surely recommend to others to submit their works in this journal. The submission and publication time line process of manuscripts are quick and timely. I like the quick and rapid publication process in the journal. I can easily find the required information on the journal webpage.
The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair. Manuscript submission process is rapid and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
I would like continue this association with this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and professional. The submission of manuscript process is smooth. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. The submission and publication time line process of manuscripts are quick and timely. I like the simplicity and quick publication process in the journal. I can easily find the required information on the journal webpage.
I wish to associate with this journal and confer my services. I recommend this journal for major indexing platforms. I strongly recommend the others to submit their research works for the sake of the journal growth. The required information can get easily on journal webpage.
The steps for publication in the journal are clear, fast and runs smoothly. The staff are very helpful and the reviewer comments were logical and constructive. The final proofs were accurate and v. elegant.
I continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The editor and reviewer comments in the journal is fair as well as professional. I appreciate the rapid peer review process in the journal. Manuscript submission process is smooth and easy. I strongly recommend this journal to get indexing in reputed indexing platform. I recommend my friends to submit their research works in this journal for publication. The time line of submission and publication of manuscript is good. I can easily find the required information in the journal webpage.
Arghya Narayan Banerjee
Yeungnam University, South Korea
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
Samy I. McFarlane
State University of New York, Downstate Medical Centre, Brooklyn, New York, USA
International Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
Huazong University of Science and Technology, China
Open Journal of Pediatrics and Child Health
Ohio State University, USA
Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine and Cardiology
National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR)/FDA, USA
Global Journal of Anesthesiology
University of Siena, Italy
International Journal of Oral and Craniofacial Science
University of Athens, Greece
Open Journal of Chemistry
Prof. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Developmental Research
CHA University, Republic of Korea
International Journal of Immunotherapy and Cancer Research
Peter Lloyd Nara
Private Compnay- Biological Mimetics, Inc., USA
Annals of Antivirals and Antiretrovirals