Research Interest: Environmental, genetic and epigenetic risk factors on human reproductive and developmental health; Gene-environment interactions in reproductive & endocrine systems; Representative EDCs reproductive endocrine toxicity and its mechanism.
Number of publications: 61
List of Publications:
1. Yuan B, Wu W*, Chen M, Gu H, Tang Q, Guo D, Chen T, Chen Y, Lu C, Song L, Xia Y, Chen D, Rehan V, Sha J, Wang X*. Metabolomics reveals a role of betaine in prenatal DBP exposure-induced epigenetic transgenerational failure of spermatogenesis in rats. Toxicol Sci. 2017; 158 (2): 356-366. (Cover Article)
2. Tang Q, Chen Y, Wu W*, Ding H, Xia Y, Chen D, Wang X. Idiopathic male infertility and polymorphisms in the DNA methyltransferase genes involved in epigenetic marking. Sci Rep. 2017; 7(1):11219.
3. Wang L, Hu W, Guan Q, Du G, Chen T, Wu W, Wang Y, Wang X, Xia Y. The association between cooking oil fume exposure during pregnancy and birth weight: A prospective mother-child cohort study. Sci Total Environ. 2017; 612:822-830.
4. Qiao S, Wu W (co-first author), Chen M, Tang Q, Xia Y, Jia W, Wang X. Seminal plasma metabolomics approach for the diagnosis of unexplained male infertility. PLoS One. 2017; 12(8):e0181115.
5. Hu W, Chen M, Ji J, Qin Y, Zhang F, Xu M, Wu W, Du G, Wu D, Han X, Jin L, Xia Y, Lu C, Wang X. Interaction between Y chromosome haplogroup O3* and 4-n-octylphenol exposure reduces the susceptibility to spermatogenic impairment in Han Chinese. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2017; 144:450-455.
6. Pan L, Liu Q, Li J, Wu W, Wang X, Zhao D, Ma J. Association of the VDAC3 gene polymorphism with sperm count in Han-Chinese population with idiopathic male infertility. Oncotarget. 2017; doi: 10.18632/oncotarget.16891.
7. Chang C, Chen M, Gao J, Luo J, Wu K, Dong T, Zhou K, He X, Hu W, Wu W, Lu C, Hang B, Meeker JD, Wang X, Xia Y. Current pesticide profiles in blood serum of adults in Jiangsu Province of China and a comparison with other countries. Environ Int. 2017; 102:213-222.
8. Gu H, Wu W*, Yuan B, Tang Q, Guo D, Chen Y, Xia Y, Hu L, Chen D, Sha J, Wang X. Genistein up-regulates miR-20a to disrupt spermatogenesis via targeting Limk1. Oncotarget. 2017; 8(35):58728-58737.
9. Guo D, Wu W*, Tang Q, Qiao S, Chen Y, Chen M, Teng M, Lu C, Ding H, Xia Y, Hu L, Chen D, Sha J, Wang X. The impact of BMI on sperm parameters and the metabolite changes of seminal plasma concomitantly. Oncotarget. 2017; doi: 10.18632/oncotarget.14950.
10. Chen T, Xu J, Liu G, Liu H, Chen M, Qin Y, Wu W, Xia Y, Ji C, Guo X, Wen J, Wang X. Genetic variants in PTPRD and risk of gestational diabetes mellitus. Oncotarget. 2016; 7(46):76101-76107.
11. Ji J, Qin Y, Zhou R, Zang R, Huang Z, Zhang Y, Chen M, Wu W, Song L, Ling X, Shen H, Hu Z, Xia Y, Lu C, Wang X. X chromosome-wide identification of SNVs in microRNA genes and non-obstructive azoospermia risk in han chinese population. Oncotarget. 2016; 7(31):49122-49129.
12. Chang J, Pan F, Tang Q, Wu W*, Chen M, Lu C, Ding H, Hu L, Chen D, Xia Y, Wang X. eNOS gene T786C, G894T and 4a4b polymorphisms and male infertility susceptibility: a meta-analysis. Andrologia. 2016; doi: 10.1111/and.12646.
13. Hu W, Chen M, Wu W*, Lu J, Zhao D, Pan F, Lu C, Xia Y, Hu L, Chen D, Sha J, Wang X. Gene-gene and gene-environment interactions on risk of male infertility: Focus on the metabolites. Environ Int. 2016; 91:188-195.
14. Pan B, Li R, Chen Y, Tang Q, Wu W*, Chen L, Lu C, Pan F, Ding H, Xia Y, Hu L, Chen D, Sha J, Wang X. Genetic Association Between Androgen Receptor Gene CAG Repeat Length Polymorphism and Male Infertility: A Meta-Analysis. Medicine (Baltimore). 2016; 95(10):e2878.
15. Yuan B, Gu H, Xu B, Tang Q, Wu W*, Ji X, Xia Y, Hu L, Chen D, Wang X. Effects of Gold Nanorods on Imprinted Genes Expression in TM-4 Sertoli Cells. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2016; 13(3). pii: E271.
16. Lu J, Gu H, Tang Q, Wu W*, Yuan B, Guo D, Wei Y, Sun H, Xia Y, Ding H, Hu L, Chen D, Sha J, Wang X. Common SNP in hsa-miR-196a-2 increases hsa-miR-196a-5p expression and predisposes to idiopathic male infertility in Chinese Han population. Sci Rep. 2016; 6:19825.
17. Zhou R, Wang R, Qin Y, Ji J, Xu M, Wu W, Chen M, Wu D, Song L, Shen H, Sha J, Miao D, Hu Z, Xia Y, Lu C, Wang X. Mitochondria-related miR-151a-5p reduces cellular ATP production by targeting CYTB in asthenozoospermia. Sci Rep. 2015; 5:17743.
18. Li J, Chen L, Tang Q, Wu W*, Gu H, Liu L, Wu J, Jiang H, Ding H, Xia Y, Chen D, Hu Y, Wang X. The role, mechanism and potentially novel biomarker of microRNA-17-92 cluster in macrosomia. Sci Rep. 2015; 5:17212.
19. Ji J, Qin Y, Ren J, Lu C, Wang R, Dai X, Zhou R, Huang Z, Xu M, Chen M, Wu W, Song L, Shen H, Hu Z, Miao D, Xia Y, Wang X. Mitochondria-related miR-141-3p contributes to mitochondrial dysfunction in HFD-induced obesity by inhibiting PTEN. Sci Rep. 2015; 5:16262.
20. Ju R, Wu W (co-first author), Tang Q, Wu D, Xia Y, Wu J, Wang X. Association Analysis between the Polymorphisms of HSD11B1 and H6PD and Risk of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome in Chinese Population. PLoS One. 2015; 10(10):e0140326.
21. Lu C, Xu M, Wang R, Qin Y, Ren J, Wu W, Song L, Wang S, Zhou Z, Shen H, Sha J, Hu Z, Xia Y, Miao D, Wang X. A genome-wide association study of mitochondrial DNA in Chinese men identifies two risk single nucleotide substitutions for idiopathic oligoasthenospermia. Mitochondrion. 2015; 24:87-92.
22. Tang W, Tang J, He J, Zhou Z, Qin Y, Qin J, Li B, Xu X, Geng Q, Jiang W, Wu W, Wang X, Xia Y. SLIT2/ROBO1-miR-218-1-RET/PLAG1: a new disease pathway involved in Hirschsprung's disease. J Cell Mol Med. 2015; 19(6):1197-207.
23. Ju R, Wu W (co-first author), Fei J, Qin Y, Tang Q, Wu D, Xia Y, Wu J, Wang X. Association analysis between the polymorphisms of HSD17B5 and HSD17B6 and risk of polycystic ovary syndrome in Chinese population. Eur J Endocrinol. 2015; 172(3):227-33.
24. Tang W, Li H, Tang J, Wu W, Qin J, Lei H, Cai P, Huo W, Li B, Rehan V, Xu X, Geng Q, Zhang H, Xia Y. Specific serum microRNA profile in the molecular diagnosis of Hirschsprung's disease. J Cell Mol Med. 2014; 18(8):1580-7.
25. Zhao M, Tang Q, Wu W (corresponding author), Xia Y, Chen D, Wang X. miR-20a contributes to endometriosis by regulating NTN4 expression. Mol Biol Rep. 2014; 41(9):5793-7.
26. Jiang H, Wu W (co-first author), Zhang M, Li J, Peng Y, Miao T, Zhu H, Xu G. Aberrant upregulation of miR-21 in placental tissues of macrosomia. J Perinatol. 2014; 34(9):658-63.
27. Zhang S, Tang Q, Wu W*, Yuan B, Lu C, Xia Y, Ding H, Hu L, Chen D, Sha J, Wang X. Association between DAZL polymorphisms and susceptibility to male infertility: systematic review with meta-analysis and trial sequential analysis. Sci Rep. 2014; 4:4642.
28. Qin Y, Ji J, Du G, Wu W, Dai J, Hu Z, Sha J, Hang B, Lu C, Xia Y, Wang X. Comprehensive pathway-based analysis identifies associations of BCL2, GNAO1 and CHD2 with non-obstructive azoospermia risk. Hum Reprod. 2014; 29(4):860-6.
29. Qin Y, Du G, Chen M, Hu W, Lu C, Wu W, Hang B, Zhou Z, Wang X, Xia Y. Combined effects of urinary phytoestrogens metabolites and polymorphisms in metabolic enzyme gene on idiopathic male infertility. Arch Toxicol. 2014; 88(8):1527-36.
30. Zhou Z, Qin J, Tang J, Li B, Geng Q, Jiang W, Wu W, Rehan V, Tang W, Xu X, Xia Y. Down-regulation of MeCP2 in Hirschsprung's disease. J Pediatr Surg. 2013; 48(10):2099-2105.
31. Tang W, Qin J, Tang J, Zhang H, Zhou Z, Li B, Geng Q, Wu W, Xia Y, Xu X. Aberrant reduction of MiR-141 increased CD47/CUL3 in Hirschsprung's disease. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2013; 32(6):1655-67.
32. Xu M, Qin Y, Qu J, Lu C, Wang Y, Wu W, Song L, Wang S, Chen F, Shen H, Sha J, Hu Z, Xia Y, Wang X. Evaluation of Five Candidate Genes from GWAS for Association with Oligozoospermia in a Han Chinese Population. PLoS One. 2013; 8(11):e80374.
33. Lu C, Xu M, Wang R, Qin Y, Wang Y, Wu W, Song L, Wang S, Shen H, Sha J, Miao D, Hu Z, Xia Y, Wang X. Pathogenic variants screening in five non-obstructive azoospermia-associated genes. Mol Hum Reprod. 2013; 20(2):178-83.
34. Tang Q, Li J, Zhang S, Yuan B, Sun H, Wu D, Lu C, Wu W (corresponding author), Xia Y, Ding H, Hu L, Chen D*, Sha J*, Wang X. GSTM1 and GSTT1 Null Polymorphisms and Childhood Acute Leukemia Risk: Evidence from 26 Case-Control Studies. PLoS One. 2013; 8(10):e78810.
35. Xu S, Xu P, Wu W, Ou Y, Xu J, Zhang G, Li J, Xu G. The biphasic expression pattern of miR-200a and E-cadherin in epithelial ovarian cancer and its correlation with clinicopathological features. Curr Pharm Des. 2014; 20(11):1888-95.
36. Wu W*, Lu J, Tang Q, Zhang S, Yuan B, Li J, Di Wu, Sun H, Lu C, Xia Y, Chen D, Sha J, Wang X. GSTM1 and GSTT1 null polymorphisms and male infertility risk: an updated meta-analysis encompassing 6934 subjects. Sci Rep. 2013; 3:2258.
37. Xu C, Song RJ, Yang J, Jiang B, Wang XL, Wu W, Zhang W. Klotho gene polymorphism of rs3752472 is associated with the risk of urinary calculi in the population of Han nationality in Eastern China. Gene. 2013; 526(2):494-7.
38. Lu C, Wang Y, Zhang F, Lu F, Xu M, Qin Y, Wu W, Li S, Song L, Yang S, Wu D, Jin L, Shen H, Sha J, Xia Y, Hu Z, Wang X. DAZ duplications confer the predisposition of Y chromosome haplogroup K* to non-obstructive azoospermia in Han Chinese populations. Hum Reprod. 2013; 28(9):2440-9.
39. Wu W*, Lu J, Chen D, Yuan B, Qin Y, Han X, Niu X, Xu B, Lu C, Xia Y, Sha J, Wang X. Association of prostate cancer susceptibility variant (MSMB) rs10993994 with risk of spermatogenic failure. Gene. 2013; 524:197-202.
40. Tang W, Li B, Tang J, Liu K, Qin J, Wu W, Geng Q, Zhang J, Chen H, Xu X, Xia Y. Methylation analysis of EDNRB in human colon tissues of Hirschsprung's disease. Pediatr Surg Int. 2013; 29:683-8.
41. Lv Q, Lu J, Wu W, Sun H, Zhang J. Association of the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene A1298C polymorphism with stroke risk based on a meta-analysis. Genet Mol Res. 2013; 12(4):6882-94.
42. Wu W, Qin Y, Li Z, Dong J, Dai J, Lu C, Guo X, Zhao Y, Zhu Y, Zhang W, Sha J, Shen H, Xia Y, Hu Z, Wang X. Genome-wide microRNA expression profiling in idiopathic non-obstructive azoospermia: significant up-regulation of miR-141, miR-429 and miR-7-1-3p. Hum Reprod. 2013; 28:1827-36.
43. Qin Y, Chen M, Wu W (co-first author), Xu B, Tang R, Chen X, Du G, Lu C, Meeker JD, Zhou Z, Xia Y, Wang X. Interactions between Urinary 4-tert-Octylphenol Levels and Metabolism Enzyme Gene Variants on Idiopathic Male Infertility. PLoS One. 2013; 8:e59398.
44. Tang Q, Wu W (co-first author), Xu X, Huang L, Gao Q, Chen H, Sun H, Xia Y, Sha J, Wang X, Chen D, Xu Q. miR-141 Contributes to Fetal Growth Restriction by Regulating PLAG1 Expression. PLoS One. 2013; 8:e58737.
45. Lu C, Xu M, Wang Y, Qin Y, Du G, Wu W, Han X, Ji C, Yang Y, Gu A, Xia Y, Song L, Wang S, Wang X. Genetic variants in meiotic program initiation pathway genes are associated with spermatogenic impairment in a Han Chinese population. PLoS One. 2013; 8:e53443.
46. Xu S, Wu W (co-first author), Sun H, Lu J, Yuan B, Xia Y, Moor B, Marchal K, Wang X, Xu P, Cheng W. Association of the vascular endothelial growth factor gene polymorphisms (-460C/T, +405G/C, and +936T/C) with endometriosis: a meta-analysis. Ann Hum Genet. 2012; 76:464-471.
47. Chen M, Xu B, Ji W, Qiao S, Hu N, Hu Y, Wu W, Qiu L, Zhang R, Wang Y, Wang S, Zhou Z, Xia Y, Wang X. Bisphenol A Alters n-6 Fatty Acid Composition and Decreases Antioxidant Enzyme Levels in Rat Testes: A LC-QTOF-Based Metabolomics Study. PLoS One. 2012; 7:e44754.
48. Tang W, Li B, Xu X, Zhou Z, Wu W, Tang J, Qin J, Geng Q, Jiang W, Zhang J, Sha J, Xia Y, Wang X. Aberrant high expression of NRG1 gene in Hirschsprung disease. J Pediatr Surg. 2012; 47:1694-1698.
49. Han X, Tang R, Chen X, Xu B, Qin Y, Wu W, Hu Y, Xu B, Song L, Xia Y, Wang X. 2,2',4,4'-Tetrabromodiphenyl ether (BDE-47) decreases progesterone synthesis through cAMP-PKA pathway and P450scc downregulation in mouse Leydig tumor cells. Toxicology. 2012; 302:44-50.
50. Zhao D, Wu W (co-first author), Xu B, Niu X, Cui H, Zhang Y, Wang Z, Wang X. Variants in the SRD5A2 gene are associated with quality of semen. Mol Med Report. 2012; 6:639-644. More....
URL of Official website: http://gwxy.njmu.edu.cn/yxjs/ShowArticle.asp?ArticleID=1734
1. National key research and development project: The establishment and basic research for application of China Assisted reproductive birth cohort population and the offspring cohort of the Chinese population. 2016/7-2021/6, ￥280900.
2. National Natural Science Foundation of China (81673217): The study of role and molecular mechanisms of the DSTF1/miR-125-3p/Fstl3 pathway in the transgenerational spermatogenic failure caused by prenatal DBP exposure. 2017/1-2020/12, ￥600000.
3. China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (2015T80571): The role and molecular mechanisms of human miR-483-3p in the BP-3 induced fetal macrosomia. 2015/7-2017/6, ￥150000.
4. National Natural Science Foundation of China (81302457): Effect and mechanism of miR-17-92 gene cluster in spermatogenic failure induced by genistein exposure. 2014/1-2016/12, ￥240000
5. Jiangsu Natural Science Foundation (BK20130894): The role and molecular mechanisms of miR-200s family in spermatogenic failure induced by genistein exposure. 2013/7-2016/6, ￥200000.
6. China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (2013M531388): The role and molecular mechanism of imprinted lncRNA-H19 in fetal growth restriction. 2013/3-2015/2, ￥50000. Science and Technology Development Fund Key Project of Nanjing Medical University (2012NJMU002): Environment and epigenetics risk factors and their interactions in spermatogenic failure. 2012/12-2014/12, ￥30000.
Research Interest: Genomics of Brain Disorders; Epigenomics; Pharmacogenomics; Pharmacoepigenomics; Proteomics; Metabolomics; Nutrigenomics.
Research Interest: Human genomics,Genetic epidemiology,Biostatistics,Evidence-based medicine.
Research Interest: Molecular cancer, pharmacogenetics, cell culture analysis.
Research Interest: Programmed cell death, protein processing, intracellular communications, virus‐cell interactions, regulation of gene expression, RNAi, oxidative stress, aging, neurodegeneration, ophthalmology, cancer, regenerative medicine, personalized medicine, molecular markers, novel drug candidates.
Research Interest: Science and Medicine.
Research Interest: Cancer treatment,) Tumor infiltrating lymphocytes ,immune cells, in tumor microenvironment,Caner stem cell,Myeloid-derived suppressor cells.
Research Interest: Molecular genetics, Atherosclerosis, Inflammation and Meta-analysis.
Research Interest: Newborn screening; Prenatal screening; Method development; Inborn Error of metabolism; Biochemical Genetics.
Research Interest: The effects and mechanisms of miRNA involved in cardiocascular system and cancers; The protective effects of Arachidonic acid Cytochrome P450 epoxygenase on cardiovascular system and relevant mechanisms; Cytochrome P450 and human cancers, focus on the roles of P450 epoxygenases on proliferation, metastasis and apoptosis of human cancers, also inhibition of human cancer growth by P450 epoxygenase inhibitors.
Research Interest: organ pathology and effect of novel treatments in mouse model of lupus nephritis.
Research Interest: Next-Generation Sequencing, target enrichment, diagnostics, hereditary disease, targeted therapy.
Research Interest: Stem cells, embryonic stem cells, induced pluripotent stem cells, mesenchymal stromal cells, translational research, cell-matrix-interactions, regenerative medicine, tissue engineering.
Research Interest: Non-coding RNA(miRNA/lncRNA), protein modifications, tumor suppressor, tumorigensis, metastasis, prostate cancer.
Biography: Ahmet Okay Caglayan, M.D., who is an Associate Professor of Medical Genetics in Istanbul Bilim University, has been involved in designing and conducting research studies that include homozygosity mapping and whole-exome sequencing. Currently he is working on an identification of novel genes involved in neurodevelopmental, endocrine and cardiovascular diseases as well as brain tumors. He has co-authored over 60 peer-reviewed national and international papers and numerous book chapters
Research Interest: Gene therapy, non-viral gene delivery, inherited neuromuscular diseases,
peptide-based carriers, Duchenne muscular dystrophy, polyplex, transfection, siRNA delivery,
spinal muscular atrophy, genetic testing.
Published On: May 22, 2017 | Pages: 013 - 013Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation
Published On: April 04, 2017 | Pages: 008 - 012Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation
The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Selection of reviewers regarding the ability to analyse data according to their Research interest that can be helpful for the growth of the journal. Manuscript submission process is good. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication of their valuable works. I like mostly like the Reviewer Evaluation form in the Peer Review process of this journal. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
I wish to be associated and contribute to the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. I would like to suggest to include more young researchers which could be helpful for the growth of journal. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
I like to continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair. The journal should get impact factor and indexing in major databases. Manuscript submission in this journal is nice and easy. I will recommend this journal for getting major reputed indexing services. The submission and publication timeline process are going in the exact way. I can find the required information in the journal website easily.
I strongly recommend this journal for getting indexing services in major platform. I recommend my colleagues to submit the works to this journal. I mostly like the author acceptance letter in this journal.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and meaningful. Manuscript submission process is rapid and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommended this journal to others for publication of their valuable research works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is Quality, and Timely publication. The required information is easily available on the website.
I wish to be associated with the journal as Editor and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. I suggest for indexing at the world wide ISI (JCR) will enhance researcher to submit their manuscript and lower the cost of publication fees. I recommend this journal to my colleagues for publication of their new research works. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
I wish to continue the association with this journal and give my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and professional. I definitely recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. I ensure that I recommend my staff to publish their valuable research works in the journal. I am satisfied with the time of submission and publication process. I can get the required information on the journal website easily.
I do wish to associate with the journal and provide my services if needed. The reviewer and editor comments in this journal are considerable. Manuscript submission process is smoothie. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing platforms. I recommend my colleagues and co experts to submit their research works in this journal. The timeline of submission and publication process are satisfactory. I can find the required information in the website easily.
I wish to be associated with the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair. Manuscript submission process is good. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication of their works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. The required information is easily available on the website.
I wish to continue my services as an editor in this journal for journal growth. The editor and reviewer comments in this journal are good and fair. I suggest that journal should actively participate with different valuable conference and publish papers as conference proceedings. The manuscript submission process is easy and user friendly. I strongly recommend my batch mates and co-scientists to submit their valuable works in this journal for publication. I am satisfied with the manuscript submission and publication time line. I mostly like the blind review process in this journal. I can easily find the required information on the website
Peter J Catalano
Tufts University, USA
Archives of Otolaryngology and Rhinology
Southeastern University, China
Trends in Computer Science and Information Technology
Dr. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Archive of Gerontology and Geriatrics Research
Samy I. McFarlane
State University of New York, Downstate Medical Centre, Brooklyn, New York, USA
International Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
Malgorzata Gabriela WASNIEWSKA
University of Messina, Italy
International Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
Dr. Rath Research Institute
1260 Memorex Drive, Santa Clara, USA
Global Journal of Cancer Therapy
Arghya Narayan Banerjee
Yeungnam University, South Korea
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
Catholic University of Rome, Italy
Open Journal of Orthopedics and Rheumatology
Vingolo Enzo Maria
Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
Journal of Clinical Research and Ophthalmology
Former member of MGH, USA
International Journal of Immunotherapy and Cancer Research