Research Interest: Environmental, genetic and epigenetic risk factors on human reproductive and developmental health; Gene-environment interactions in reproductive & endocrine systems; Representative EDCs reproductive endocrine toxicity and its mechanism.
Number of publications: 61
List of Publications:
1. Yuan B, Wu W*, Chen M, Gu H, Tang Q, Guo D, Chen T, Chen Y, Lu C, Song L, Xia Y, Chen D, Rehan V, Sha J, Wang X*. Metabolomics reveals a role of betaine in prenatal DBP exposure-induced epigenetic transgenerational failure of spermatogenesis in rats. Toxicol Sci. 2017; 158 (2): 356-366. (Cover Article)
2. Tang Q, Chen Y, Wu W*, Ding H, Xia Y, Chen D, Wang X. Idiopathic male infertility and polymorphisms in the DNA methyltransferase genes involved in epigenetic marking. Sci Rep. 2017; 7(1):11219.
3. Wang L, Hu W, Guan Q, Du G, Chen T, Wu W, Wang Y, Wang X, Xia Y. The association between cooking oil fume exposure during pregnancy and birth weight: A prospective mother-child cohort study. Sci Total Environ. 2017; 612:822-830.
4. Qiao S, Wu W (co-first author), Chen M, Tang Q, Xia Y, Jia W, Wang X. Seminal plasma metabolomics approach for the diagnosis of unexplained male infertility. PLoS One. 2017; 12(8):e0181115.
5. Hu W, Chen M, Ji J, Qin Y, Zhang F, Xu M, Wu W, Du G, Wu D, Han X, Jin L, Xia Y, Lu C, Wang X. Interaction between Y chromosome haplogroup O3* and 4-n-octylphenol exposure reduces the susceptibility to spermatogenic impairment in Han Chinese. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2017; 144:450-455.
6. Pan L, Liu Q, Li J, Wu W, Wang X, Zhao D, Ma J. Association of the VDAC3 gene polymorphism with sperm count in Han-Chinese population with idiopathic male infertility. Oncotarget. 2017; doi: 10.18632/oncotarget.16891.
7. Chang C, Chen M, Gao J, Luo J, Wu K, Dong T, Zhou K, He X, Hu W, Wu W, Lu C, Hang B, Meeker JD, Wang X, Xia Y. Current pesticide profiles in blood serum of adults in Jiangsu Province of China and a comparison with other countries. Environ Int. 2017; 102:213-222.
8. Gu H, Wu W*, Yuan B, Tang Q, Guo D, Chen Y, Xia Y, Hu L, Chen D, Sha J, Wang X. Genistein up-regulates miR-20a to disrupt spermatogenesis via targeting Limk1. Oncotarget. 2017; 8(35):58728-58737.
9. Guo D, Wu W*, Tang Q, Qiao S, Chen Y, Chen M, Teng M, Lu C, Ding H, Xia Y, Hu L, Chen D, Sha J, Wang X. The impact of BMI on sperm parameters and the metabolite changes of seminal plasma concomitantly. Oncotarget. 2017; doi: 10.18632/oncotarget.14950.
10. Chen T, Xu J, Liu G, Liu H, Chen M, Qin Y, Wu W, Xia Y, Ji C, Guo X, Wen J, Wang X. Genetic variants in PTPRD and risk of gestational diabetes mellitus. Oncotarget. 2016; 7(46):76101-76107.
11. Ji J, Qin Y, Zhou R, Zang R, Huang Z, Zhang Y, Chen M, Wu W, Song L, Ling X, Shen H, Hu Z, Xia Y, Lu C, Wang X. X chromosome-wide identification of SNVs in microRNA genes and non-obstructive azoospermia risk in han chinese population. Oncotarget. 2016; 7(31):49122-49129.
12. Chang J, Pan F, Tang Q, Wu W*, Chen M, Lu C, Ding H, Hu L, Chen D, Xia Y, Wang X. eNOS gene T786C, G894T and 4a4b polymorphisms and male infertility susceptibility: a meta-analysis. Andrologia. 2016; doi: 10.1111/and.12646.
13. Hu W, Chen M, Wu W*, Lu J, Zhao D, Pan F, Lu C, Xia Y, Hu L, Chen D, Sha J, Wang X. Gene-gene and gene-environment interactions on risk of male infertility: Focus on the metabolites. Environ Int. 2016; 91:188-195.
14. Pan B, Li R, Chen Y, Tang Q, Wu W*, Chen L, Lu C, Pan F, Ding H, Xia Y, Hu L, Chen D, Sha J, Wang X. Genetic Association Between Androgen Receptor Gene CAG Repeat Length Polymorphism and Male Infertility: A Meta-Analysis. Medicine (Baltimore). 2016; 95(10):e2878.
15. Yuan B, Gu H, Xu B, Tang Q, Wu W*, Ji X, Xia Y, Hu L, Chen D, Wang X. Effects of Gold Nanorods on Imprinted Genes Expression in TM-4 Sertoli Cells. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2016; 13(3). pii: E271.
16. Lu J, Gu H, Tang Q, Wu W*, Yuan B, Guo D, Wei Y, Sun H, Xia Y, Ding H, Hu L, Chen D, Sha J, Wang X. Common SNP in hsa-miR-196a-2 increases hsa-miR-196a-5p expression and predisposes to idiopathic male infertility in Chinese Han population. Sci Rep. 2016; 6:19825.
17. Zhou R, Wang R, Qin Y, Ji J, Xu M, Wu W, Chen M, Wu D, Song L, Shen H, Sha J, Miao D, Hu Z, Xia Y, Lu C, Wang X. Mitochondria-related miR-151a-5p reduces cellular ATP production by targeting CYTB in asthenozoospermia. Sci Rep. 2015; 5:17743.
18. Li J, Chen L, Tang Q, Wu W*, Gu H, Liu L, Wu J, Jiang H, Ding H, Xia Y, Chen D, Hu Y, Wang X. The role, mechanism and potentially novel biomarker of microRNA-17-92 cluster in macrosomia. Sci Rep. 2015; 5:17212.
19. Ji J, Qin Y, Ren J, Lu C, Wang R, Dai X, Zhou R, Huang Z, Xu M, Chen M, Wu W, Song L, Shen H, Hu Z, Miao D, Xia Y, Wang X. Mitochondria-related miR-141-3p contributes to mitochondrial dysfunction in HFD-induced obesity by inhibiting PTEN. Sci Rep. 2015; 5:16262.
20. Ju R, Wu W (co-first author), Tang Q, Wu D, Xia Y, Wu J, Wang X. Association Analysis between the Polymorphisms of HSD11B1 and H6PD and Risk of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome in Chinese Population. PLoS One. 2015; 10(10):e0140326.
21. Lu C, Xu M, Wang R, Qin Y, Ren J, Wu W, Song L, Wang S, Zhou Z, Shen H, Sha J, Hu Z, Xia Y, Miao D, Wang X. A genome-wide association study of mitochondrial DNA in Chinese men identifies two risk single nucleotide substitutions for idiopathic oligoasthenospermia. Mitochondrion. 2015; 24:87-92.
22. Tang W, Tang J, He J, Zhou Z, Qin Y, Qin J, Li B, Xu X, Geng Q, Jiang W, Wu W, Wang X, Xia Y. SLIT2/ROBO1-miR-218-1-RET/PLAG1: a new disease pathway involved in Hirschsprung's disease. J Cell Mol Med. 2015; 19(6):1197-207.
23. Ju R, Wu W (co-first author), Fei J, Qin Y, Tang Q, Wu D, Xia Y, Wu J, Wang X. Association analysis between the polymorphisms of HSD17B5 and HSD17B6 and risk of polycystic ovary syndrome in Chinese population. Eur J Endocrinol. 2015; 172(3):227-33.
24. Tang W, Li H, Tang J, Wu W, Qin J, Lei H, Cai P, Huo W, Li B, Rehan V, Xu X, Geng Q, Zhang H, Xia Y. Specific serum microRNA profile in the molecular diagnosis of Hirschsprung's disease. J Cell Mol Med. 2014; 18(8):1580-7.
25. Zhao M, Tang Q, Wu W (corresponding author), Xia Y, Chen D, Wang X. miR-20a contributes to endometriosis by regulating NTN4 expression. Mol Biol Rep. 2014; 41(9):5793-7.
26. Jiang H, Wu W (co-first author), Zhang M, Li J, Peng Y, Miao T, Zhu H, Xu G. Aberrant upregulation of miR-21 in placental tissues of macrosomia. J Perinatol. 2014; 34(9):658-63.
27. Zhang S, Tang Q, Wu W*, Yuan B, Lu C, Xia Y, Ding H, Hu L, Chen D, Sha J, Wang X. Association between DAZL polymorphisms and susceptibility to male infertility: systematic review with meta-analysis and trial sequential analysis. Sci Rep. 2014; 4:4642.
28. Qin Y, Ji J, Du G, Wu W, Dai J, Hu Z, Sha J, Hang B, Lu C, Xia Y, Wang X. Comprehensive pathway-based analysis identifies associations of BCL2, GNAO1 and CHD2 with non-obstructive azoospermia risk. Hum Reprod. 2014; 29(4):860-6.
29. Qin Y, Du G, Chen M, Hu W, Lu C, Wu W, Hang B, Zhou Z, Wang X, Xia Y. Combined effects of urinary phytoestrogens metabolites and polymorphisms in metabolic enzyme gene on idiopathic male infertility. Arch Toxicol. 2014; 88(8):1527-36.
30. Zhou Z, Qin J, Tang J, Li B, Geng Q, Jiang W, Wu W, Rehan V, Tang W, Xu X, Xia Y. Down-regulation of MeCP2 in Hirschsprung's disease. J Pediatr Surg. 2013; 48(10):2099-2105.
31. Tang W, Qin J, Tang J, Zhang H, Zhou Z, Li B, Geng Q, Wu W, Xia Y, Xu X. Aberrant reduction of MiR-141 increased CD47/CUL3 in Hirschsprung's disease. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2013; 32(6):1655-67.
32. Xu M, Qin Y, Qu J, Lu C, Wang Y, Wu W, Song L, Wang S, Chen F, Shen H, Sha J, Hu Z, Xia Y, Wang X. Evaluation of Five Candidate Genes from GWAS for Association with Oligozoospermia in a Han Chinese Population. PLoS One. 2013; 8(11):e80374.
33. Lu C, Xu M, Wang R, Qin Y, Wang Y, Wu W, Song L, Wang S, Shen H, Sha J, Miao D, Hu Z, Xia Y, Wang X. Pathogenic variants screening in five non-obstructive azoospermia-associated genes. Mol Hum Reprod. 2013; 20(2):178-83.
34. Tang Q, Li J, Zhang S, Yuan B, Sun H, Wu D, Lu C, Wu W (corresponding author), Xia Y, Ding H, Hu L, Chen D*, Sha J*, Wang X. GSTM1 and GSTT1 Null Polymorphisms and Childhood Acute Leukemia Risk: Evidence from 26 Case-Control Studies. PLoS One. 2013; 8(10):e78810.
35. Xu S, Xu P, Wu W, Ou Y, Xu J, Zhang G, Li J, Xu G. The biphasic expression pattern of miR-200a and E-cadherin in epithelial ovarian cancer and its correlation with clinicopathological features. Curr Pharm Des. 2014; 20(11):1888-95.
36. Wu W*, Lu J, Tang Q, Zhang S, Yuan B, Li J, Di Wu, Sun H, Lu C, Xia Y, Chen D, Sha J, Wang X. GSTM1 and GSTT1 null polymorphisms and male infertility risk: an updated meta-analysis encompassing 6934 subjects. Sci Rep. 2013; 3:2258.
37. Xu C, Song RJ, Yang J, Jiang B, Wang XL, Wu W, Zhang W. Klotho gene polymorphism of rs3752472 is associated with the risk of urinary calculi in the population of Han nationality in Eastern China. Gene. 2013; 526(2):494-7.
38. Lu C, Wang Y, Zhang F, Lu F, Xu M, Qin Y, Wu W, Li S, Song L, Yang S, Wu D, Jin L, Shen H, Sha J, Xia Y, Hu Z, Wang X. DAZ duplications confer the predisposition of Y chromosome haplogroup K* to non-obstructive azoospermia in Han Chinese populations. Hum Reprod. 2013; 28(9):2440-9.
39. Wu W*, Lu J, Chen D, Yuan B, Qin Y, Han X, Niu X, Xu B, Lu C, Xia Y, Sha J, Wang X. Association of prostate cancer susceptibility variant (MSMB) rs10993994 with risk of spermatogenic failure. Gene. 2013; 524:197-202.
40. Tang W, Li B, Tang J, Liu K, Qin J, Wu W, Geng Q, Zhang J, Chen H, Xu X, Xia Y. Methylation analysis of EDNRB in human colon tissues of Hirschsprung's disease. Pediatr Surg Int. 2013; 29:683-8.
41. Lv Q, Lu J, Wu W, Sun H, Zhang J. Association of the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene A1298C polymorphism with stroke risk based on a meta-analysis. Genet Mol Res. 2013; 12(4):6882-94.
42. Wu W, Qin Y, Li Z, Dong J, Dai J, Lu C, Guo X, Zhao Y, Zhu Y, Zhang W, Sha J, Shen H, Xia Y, Hu Z, Wang X. Genome-wide microRNA expression profiling in idiopathic non-obstructive azoospermia: significant up-regulation of miR-141, miR-429 and miR-7-1-3p. Hum Reprod. 2013; 28:1827-36.
43. Qin Y, Chen M, Wu W (co-first author), Xu B, Tang R, Chen X, Du G, Lu C, Meeker JD, Zhou Z, Xia Y, Wang X. Interactions between Urinary 4-tert-Octylphenol Levels and Metabolism Enzyme Gene Variants on Idiopathic Male Infertility. PLoS One. 2013; 8:e59398.
44. Tang Q, Wu W (co-first author), Xu X, Huang L, Gao Q, Chen H, Sun H, Xia Y, Sha J, Wang X, Chen D, Xu Q. miR-141 Contributes to Fetal Growth Restriction by Regulating PLAG1 Expression. PLoS One. 2013; 8:e58737.
45. Lu C, Xu M, Wang Y, Qin Y, Du G, Wu W, Han X, Ji C, Yang Y, Gu A, Xia Y, Song L, Wang S, Wang X. Genetic variants in meiotic program initiation pathway genes are associated with spermatogenic impairment in a Han Chinese population. PLoS One. 2013; 8:e53443.
46. Xu S, Wu W (co-first author), Sun H, Lu J, Yuan B, Xia Y, Moor B, Marchal K, Wang X, Xu P, Cheng W. Association of the vascular endothelial growth factor gene polymorphisms (-460C/T, +405G/C, and +936T/C) with endometriosis: a meta-analysis. Ann Hum Genet. 2012; 76:464-471.
47. Chen M, Xu B, Ji W, Qiao S, Hu N, Hu Y, Wu W, Qiu L, Zhang R, Wang Y, Wang S, Zhou Z, Xia Y, Wang X. Bisphenol A Alters n-6 Fatty Acid Composition and Decreases Antioxidant Enzyme Levels in Rat Testes: A LC-QTOF-Based Metabolomics Study. PLoS One. 2012; 7:e44754.
48. Tang W, Li B, Xu X, Zhou Z, Wu W, Tang J, Qin J, Geng Q, Jiang W, Zhang J, Sha J, Xia Y, Wang X. Aberrant high expression of NRG1 gene in Hirschsprung disease. J Pediatr Surg. 2012; 47:1694-1698.
49. Han X, Tang R, Chen X, Xu B, Qin Y, Wu W, Hu Y, Xu B, Song L, Xia Y, Wang X. 2,2',4,4'-Tetrabromodiphenyl ether (BDE-47) decreases progesterone synthesis through cAMP-PKA pathway and P450scc downregulation in mouse Leydig tumor cells. Toxicology. 2012; 302:44-50.
50. Zhao D, Wu W (co-first author), Xu B, Niu X, Cui H, Zhang Y, Wang Z, Wang X. Variants in the SRD5A2 gene are associated with quality of semen. Mol Med Report. 2012; 6:639-644. More....
URL of Official website: http://gwxy.njmu.edu.cn/yxjs/ShowArticle.asp?ArticleID=1734
1. National key research and development project: The establishment and basic research for application of China Assisted reproductive birth cohort population and the offspring cohort of the Chinese population. 2016/7-2021/6, ￥280900.
2. National Natural Science Foundation of China (81673217): The study of role and molecular mechanisms of the DSTF1/miR-125-3p/Fstl3 pathway in the transgenerational spermatogenic failure caused by prenatal DBP exposure. 2017/1-2020/12, ￥600000.
3. China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (2015T80571): The role and molecular mechanisms of human miR-483-3p in the BP-3 induced fetal macrosomia. 2015/7-2017/6, ￥150000.
4. National Natural Science Foundation of China (81302457): Effect and mechanism of miR-17-92 gene cluster in spermatogenic failure induced by genistein exposure. 2014/1-2016/12, ￥240000
5. Jiangsu Natural Science Foundation (BK20130894): The role and molecular mechanisms of miR-200s family in spermatogenic failure induced by genistein exposure. 2013/7-2016/6, ￥200000.
6. China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (2013M531388): The role and molecular mechanism of imprinted lncRNA-H19 in fetal growth restriction. 2013/3-2015/2, ￥50000. Science and Technology Development Fund Key Project of Nanjing Medical University (2012NJMU002): Environment and epigenetics risk factors and their interactions in spermatogenic failure. 2012/12-2014/12, ￥30000.
Research Interest: Human genomics,Genetic epidemiology,Biostatistics,Evidence-based medicine.
Research Interest: The effects and mechanisms of miRNA involved in cardiocascular system and cancers; The protective effects of Arachidonic acid Cytochrome P450 epoxygenase on cardiovascular system and relevant mechanisms; Cytochrome P450 and human cancers, focus on the roles of P450 epoxygenases on proliferation, metastasis and apoptosis of human cancers, also inhibition of human cancer growth by P450 epoxygenase inhibitors.
Research Interest: Cancer treatment,) Tumor infiltrating lymphocytes ,immune cells, in tumor microenvironment,Caner stem cell,Myeloid-derived suppressor cells.
Research Interest: Programmed cell death, protein processing, intracellular communications, virus‐cell interactions, regulation of gene expression, RNAi, oxidative stress, aging, neurodegeneration, ophthalmology, cancer, regenerative medicine, personalized medicine, molecular markers, novel drug candidates.
Research Interest: Gene therapy, non-viral gene delivery, inherited neuromuscular diseases,
peptide-based carriers, Duchenne muscular dystrophy, polyplex, transfection, siRNA delivery,
spinal muscular atrophy, genetic testing.
Research Interest: Science and Medicine.
Research Interest: organ pathology and effect of novel treatments in mouse model of lupus nephritis.
Research Interest: Cancer genetics and genomics, epigenetics, chromatin remodeling, signal transduction profiling, new drug discovery & development, complementary & alternative medicine, antibody/vaccine engineering.
Biography: Ahmet Okay Caglayan, M.D., who is an Associate Professor of Medical Genetics in Istanbul Bilim University, has been involved in designing and conducting research studies that include homozygosity mapping and whole-exome sequencing. Currently he is working on an identification of novel genes involved in neurodevelopmental, endocrine and cardiovascular diseases as well as brain tumors. He has co-authored over 60 peer-reviewed national and international papers and numerous book chapters
Research Interest: Molecular cancer, pharmacogenetics, cell culture analysis.
Research Interest: Newborn screening; Prenatal screening; Method development; Inborn Error of metabolism; Biochemical Genetics.
Research Interest: Non-coding RNA(miRNA/lncRNA), protein modifications, tumor suppressor, tumorigensis, metastasis, prostate cancer.
Research Interest: Molecular genetics, Atherosclerosis, Inflammation and Meta-analysis.
Research Interest: Genomics of Brain Disorders; Epigenomics; Pharmacogenomics; Pharmacoepigenomics; Proteomics; Metabolomics; Nutrigenomics.
Research Interest: Stem cells, embryonic stem cells, induced pluripotent stem cells, mesenchymal stromal cells, translational research, cell-matrix-interactions, regenerative medicine, tissue engineering.
Published On: December 27, 2019 | Pages: 001 - 001Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: May 22, 2017 | Pages: 013 - 013Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: April 04, 2017 | Pages: 008 - 012Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: March 18, 2017 | Pages: 001 - 007Abstract View Full Article View
I wish to associate with this journal and confer my services. Comments from editors as well as reviewers are fair and Professional. The process of manuscript submission process is user friendly. I strongly recommend the journal for getting major indexing databases. I definitely recommend some of my colleagues for manuscript submission for publication in this journal. Time line of manuscript submission and publication is acceptable. The journal should choose high quality of research articles for quick journal growth. I can easily find the information on the journal website.
I will continue my services as an editor in this journal and confer my services. The comments we are getting from reviewers and editors are outstanding. The journal should make the fast review process. Manuscript submission process in this journal is trouble-free. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. I endorse to others that their future projects will submit in this journal for publication. I mostly like the manuscript submission process in this journal. I can easily find the required information on the journal website.
Thank you for your support and professional approach for submission and publication process of the manuscript.
I like to continue as an editor in this journal and give my services. The comments we are getting from editors and reviewers are fair. The journal should send the each and every information of the journal to EB and RB members. Manuscript submission process is easy as well as user friendly. I strongly recommend the journal for getting reputed indexing services. I will intimate my co- researchers to submit their future works in this journal for publication. The manuscript submission and publication time line is more accurate. I mostly like the repaid peer review process in the journal.I can easily find the required information, if needed.
I strongly recommend this journal for getting indexing services in major platform. I recommend my colleagues to submit the works to this journal. I mostly like the author acceptance letter in this journal.
I would like to continue the association with this journal and confer my services. It is up to specific cases but I think they are almost fair and professional. In order to attract submission from researchers, the journal should be an ISI research journal. The anuscript submission process is Hassel-free. I recommend this journal for major indexing platforms. I strongly recommend the others to submit their research works for the sake of the journal growth. The required information can get easily on journal webpage.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Start monthly issue with ten articles in it which would be helpful for the growth of the Journal. Manuscript submission process is rapid and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommend this journal to others for publishing their valuable and interesting research work.I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in our publication process is Fast review. The required information is easily accessible on the website.
I wish to be associated with the journal as Editor and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Manuscript submission process is rapid and smooth. It is necessary for the journal to get indexed in Pubmed. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
The comments from editors and reviewers are agreeable. I think that my suggestion is to get indexing in Pubmed. Manuscript submission process is simple and user friendly. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. I surely recommend to others to submit their works in this journal. The submission and publication time line process of manuscripts are quick and timely. I like the quick and rapid publication process in the journal. I can easily find the required information on the journal webpage.
The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication of their research works. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
University of Athens, Greece
Open Journal of Chemistry
University of Athens , Greece
International Journal of Oral and Craniofacial Science
University of Padua, Italy
Journal of Gynecological Research and Obstetrics
UNIVERSITY OF REIMS , FRANCE
Archives of Sports Medicine and Physiotherapy
University of Siena, Italy
International Journal of Oral and Craniofacial Science
Southeastern University, China
Trends in Computer Science and Information Technology
Huazong University of Science and Technology, China
Open Journal of Pediatrics and Child Health
International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL), Portugal
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
Peter Lloyd Nara
Private Compnay- Biological Mimetics, Inc., USA
Annals of Antivirals and Antiretrovirals
Hon. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Global Journal of Obesity, Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome