Biography: Dr Michael Tanzer is an Orthopaedic Surgeon specializing in adult hip and knee arthroplasty. He obtained his medical degree and did his residency training at McGill University. He did an Adult Reconstruction Hip fellowship at Harvard University with Dr William Harris at the Massachusetts General Hospital. He then returned to the McGill University Hospital Centre (MUHC) in Montreal, Canada. He is the Associate Surgeon-in-Chief of Surgery at the MUHC and a Professor and the Vice Chair of Surgery at McGill University. He holds the Jo Miller Chair of Orthopaedic Research and is the Director of the McGill Arthroplasty Group. His research includes clinical, basic science and engineering related investigations related to hip and knee joint reconstruction. He has published over 130 papers and book chapters. His research has been recognized with 6 Hip Society Awards, 2 American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Awards of Excellence and 2 Founders Medals. He is a member of the prestigious Hip Society and International Hip Society.
Research Interest: Osseointegration and methods to enhance it, Joint Arthroplasty Related Biomaterials, Hip and Knee Biomechanics, Bone graft substitutes, Additive manufacturing
Clinical and laboratory expressions of connective tissue diseases, inflammatory and metabolic joints’ diseases. Particular interest in diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis (DISH).
1991 The Physicians' Services Incorporated Foundation, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Title of Project: Serum Myosin Light Chain Determination in the Diagnosis and Management of Myositis. Funding: 154,383 $CND, Main Investigators: Dr. EC Keystone, Dr. PD Nicol
2017 Technion Institute of Technology, Haifa Israel. Magnetic resonance imaging in high risk patients for the development of diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis (DISH). Funding 20000$US.(Plus 20000$ institutional matching)
2018 Israel American Foundation. Biomarkers for interstitial lung disease in
patients with rheumatoid arthritis. (budget 44.000$).
1.MD Theses: Our experience with the surgical treatment of megaesophagus. Supervisor: Prof. L.Possati.(Italian)
2. Basic science: Histopathological findings in intestinal biopsies-A ten years experience. Supervisor: Prof. E. Levi.(Hebrew).
3.Clinical epidemiology: Effect of methotrexate Vs azathioprine in the treatment of polymyositis/ dermatomyositis. Supervisor: Dr. Goodwin.
Refereed papers in professional journals:
Basic research (Hypothesis-driven)
1. Mader R, Gladman DD, Long J, Gough J, Farewell VT. Does injectable gold retard radiologic evidence of joint damage in psoriatic arthritis? Clin Invest Med 1995; 18:139-143.
2. Mader R, Nicol PD, Pauzner R, Sehgal VJ, Turley JJ, Keystone EC. Serum myosin light chain determinations in patients with inflammatory myopathy-a preliminary report. Ann Rheum Dis 1995; 54:608-9.
3. Mader R, Ziv M, Adawi M, Mader R, Lavi I. Thrombophylic factors and their relation to thromboembolic and other clinical manifestations in Behcet’s disease. J Rheumatol 1999;26(11):2404-8.
4. Markel G, Leiberman N, Katz G, Arnon TI, Lotem M, Drize O, Blumberg RS, Bar-Haim E, Mader R, Eisenbach L, Mandelboim O. CD66a interactions between human melanoma and NK cells: A novel class I MHC indepenent inhibitory mechanism of cytotoxicity. J Immunol 2002; 168:2803-10.
5. Mader R, Ziporen L, Mader R, Neumann L, Buskila D. Antiphospholipid antibodies: Its prevalence, clinical and socio demographic characteristics, pattern of referral and clinical outcome. Experience from a central laboratory. Clin Rheumatol 2002; 21:386-9l.
6. Mader R, Lavi I, Luboshitzky R. Evaluation of the pituitary adrenal axis function following single intra-articular injection of methylprednisolone. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52:924-8.
7. Azuz-Lieberman N, Markel G, Mizrahi S, Gazit R, Hannah J, Achdout H, Gruda R, Battat S, Zamir E, Adawi M, Mader R, Mandelboim O. The Involvement of Natural Killer cells in Ankylosing Spondylitis. Int Immunol 2005; 17: 837-45.
8. R. Mader, S. Mishail, M. Adawi, I. Lavi, R. Luboshitzky. Thyroid dysfunction in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE): relation to disease activity. Clin Rheumatol 2007; 26:1891-4.
9. Paz E, Adawi M, Lavi I, Mussel Y, Mader R. Antinuclear antibodies measured by enzyme immunoassay in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: relation to disease activity. Rheumatology Int 2007; 27: 941-945.
10. Silverman MH, Strand V, Markovits D, Nahir M, Reitblat T, Molad Y, Rosner I, Rozenbaum M, Mader R , Adawi M, Caspi D, Tishler M, Langevitz P, Rubinow A, Friedman J, Green L, Tanay A, Ochaion A, Cohen S, Kerns WD, Cohn I, Fishman-Furman S, Farbstein M, Yehuda SB, Fishman P. Clinical evidence for utilization of the A3 adenosine receptor as a target to treat rheumatoid arthritis: data from a phase II clinical trial. J Rheumatol 2008; 35:41-8.
11. Mader R, Novofestovski I, Adawi M, Lavi I. Metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular risk in patients with diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis (DISH). Semin Arthritis Rheum 2009; 38:361-365
12. Mader R, Lavi I. Diabetes mellitus and hypertension as risk factors for early diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis (DISH). Osteoarthritis and Cartilage 2009; 17: 825-828.
13. Mader R, Novofastovski I, Rosner E, Adawi M, Herer P, Buskila D. Non articular tenderness and functional status in patients with diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis. J Rheumatol 2010; 37:1911-6.
14. Mader R, Koton Y, Buskila D, Herer P, Elias M. Serum iron and iron stores in non-anemic patients with fibromyalgia. Clin Rheumatol 2012; 31:595-599.
15. Mader R, Buskila D, Verlaan JJ, Atzeni F, Olivieri I, Pappone N, Di Girolamo C, Sarzi-Puttini P. Developing New Classification Criteria for Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis: Back to Square One. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2013; 52:326-30.
16. Reuven Mader, Irina Novofastovski, Salvatore Iervolino, Alex Pavlov, Leonid Chervinsky, Naama Schwartz, Nicola Pappone.Ultrasonography of peripheral entheses in the diagnosis and understanding of diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis (DISH). Rheumatology Int 2015; 35:493-7.
17. Pappone N, Dario di Mino MN, Iervolino S, Lupoli R, Mader R, Zincarelli C, Peluso R. The impact of concomitant diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis on the achievement of minimal disease activity in subjects with psoriatic arthritis. Rheumatology Int2015; 35:2041-6.
18. Mahmoud Abu–Shakra, Devy Zisman, Alexandra Balbir-Gurman, Howard Amital, Yair Levy, Pnina Langevitz, Moshe Tishler, Yair Molad, Suhail Aamar, Itzhak Roser, Nina Avshovich, Daphna Paran, Tatiana Reitblat, Reuven Mader, Hillel Savin, Joshua Friedman, Nicky Lieberman and Sharon Ehrlich. Effect of Tocilizumab on Fatigue and Bone Mineral Density in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis. IMAJ 2018; 20: 239-244.
19. Dan Lantsman Christine, Herman Amir, Verlaan Jorrit-Jan, Stern Miryam, Mader Reuven, Iris Eshed. Visceral adiposity in diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis and ankylosing spondylitis subjects compared to controls. Clin Radiology 2018, ;73:910.e15-910.e20.
20. Mader R, Novofastovski I, Schwartz N, Rosner E. Serum adiponectin levels in patients with diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis (DISH). Clin Rheumatol. 2018, 34:2839-2845.
Research Interest: Osteoclasts, Osteoblasts, Osteocytes, Osteoporosis,
Skeletal Regeneration, Protein-tyrosine Phosphatases, Tendon-to-bone Repair;
Research Interest: Ultrasound Elastography, Nerve Biomechanics, Muscle, Peripheral Nerves, Flexibility, Neurodynamics
Research Interest: Rotator Cuff; Shoulder; Pharmacokinetics; NONMEM; Clinical Pharmacokinetics; Shoulder Surgery; Sports Injuries; Knee Injuries; Fracture; Upper Limb Surgery
Research Interest: Physiotherapy, Manual Therapy, Neurodynamic Technigue and Treatment, RUSI (Rehabilitative Ultrasound Imaging)
Research Interest: Osteoporosis, Pain, Fragility Fractures, Bone Metabolism, Sarcopenia, Orthopedics, Rehabilitation, Vitamin D, Bisphosphonates, Denosumab, Teriparatide, Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
Biography: Born in 1956, graduated MD in 1980, speciality Endocrinology and Metabolism (1984), Sports Medicine (1986), Master in Physiology of muscular exercise (1986), PHD (Physiology) University of Montpellier I (1988), Director of Research (Physiology) (1997). Nationality : French. Actual position: full time physician in Clinical Physiology; consultations in the department of Endocrinology, University Hospital of Montpellier, France.
Member of the editorial board of : Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation, IOS Press ; Science & Sports, Elsevier ; Austin Diabetes Research, Austin Publishing group, USA ; Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation, OPR Science Eds ; Obesity Diagnosis and Treatment, OPR Science Eds ; Journal of Diabetes Mellitus and Metabolic Syndrome (JDMMS), ZygoScient Research Insights, Los Angeles, California (USA) ; Nessa Journal of Clinical Diabetes and Metabolism (NJCDM) ; SRL Sports Medicine and Research, SciRes Literature, Middleton, DE, USA.
Member of the « Société Francophone du Diabète » (SFD) formerly Association de langue Française pour l'Etude du Diabète et des Affections Métaboliques (ALFEDIAM), French Society of Endocrinology (SFE), Société Française de Médecine du Sport (SFMS): responsible of the Consensus group on overtraining ; International Society of Clinical Hemorheology (ISCH) (member of the board since 1997) : Société Française de Microcirculation (SFMC) ; Société Française de Biorhéologie Fondamentale et Clinique (SFBFC) ; Société Française de Microcirculation (SFMC) ; Collège Français de Pathologie Vasculaire (CFPV) ; European Society of Clinical Hemorheology (ESCH) ; Collège Français de Pathologie Vasculaire (CFPV). Currently president of the European Society of Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation (ESCHM).
Research Interest: Physiological measurements of insulin sensitivity and insulin secretion ; Effects of metabolic alterations on the rheologic properties of blood. Exercise physiology: lipid oxidation at exercise, exercise prescription in obesity and diabetes ; Bioelectrical impedance ; Protein-enriched diet.
List of Publications:
1. Brun JF, Criqui C, Fédou C, Orsetti A. La réponse de GH à l'effort s'associe chez l'enfant à une élévation de la glycémie. Science & Sports 1986, 1: 347-349.
2. Brun JF, Fédou C, Cartry E, Orsetti A. Exercise-induced microalbuminuria and circulating anti-insulin antibodies in type 1 diabetics. Hormone and Metabolic Research 1987, 19: 339-340.
3. Brun JF, Jacquemin JL, Orsetti A. Secondary failure of islets autotransplantations in totally pancreatectomized dogs: a multifactorial study. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy 1987, 41: 481-485.
4. Brun JF, Criqui C, Orsetti A. Ultrasonic cleaning of polycarbonate sieves for filtration of whole blood from healthy and diabetic subjects. Clinical Hemorheology 1988, 8: 957-960.
5. Brun JF, Lagoueyte C, Rauturier M, Fédou C, Orsetti A. Hématocrite, viscosité plasmatique, et activité musculaire chez l'enfant. Science & Sports, 1989, 4: 53-63.
6. Orsetti A, Brun JF, Fédou C, Puech-Cathala A.M.. Microalbuminuria during an exercise-test. Relations to metabolic control and insulin antibodies in type I diabetics. Diabete & Metabolisme, 1988, 14: 214-215.
7. Brun JF, Cartry E, Orsetti A. Impaired subcutaneous resorption of insulin in diabetic patients with moderate reduction of blood filterability. Clinical Hemorheology 1988,8 N°1: 23-31.
8. Brun JF, Moynier I, Orsetti A. Increased zinc urinary excretion in type I diabetic patients with excessive microalbuminuria. Hormone and Metabolic Research 1988, 20: 307-309.
9. Brun JF, Fédou C, Orsetti A. A correlation between microalbuminuria and anti-insulin antibodies in type I diabetics. Hormone and Metabolic Research 1989, 21, 372-375.
10. Bouhaddioui L, Brun JF, Jacquemin JL, Bailly A, Bouhaddioui N, Kabbaj K, Orsetti A. Immunoreactive somatomedin C in children from Morocco: a biological marker of nutritional growth retardation. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy 1989, 43: 59-63.
11. Brun JF, Sekkat M, Lagoueyte C, Fédou C, Orsetti A. Relationships between fitness and blood viscosity in untrained normal short children. Clinical Hemorheology 1989, 9: 953-963.
12. Brun JF, Criqui C, Cartry E, Fédou C, Orsetti A. Microalbuminuria in diabetics: possible involvement of hemorheologic factors in baseline excretion but not in exercise-induced rise. Clinical Hemorheology 1989, 9: 351-359.
13. Brun JF, Orsetti A. Hematocrit in type 1 diabetics. Clinical Hemorheology 1989, 9: 361-366.
14. Orsetti A, Brun JF, Fedou C, Brunel B. Increased albumin excretion rate during a standardized exercise-test in diabetics with lowered blood filterability. Journal des Maladies Vasculaires (Paris) 1991, 16, 38-42.
15. Brun JF, Rauturier M, Ghanem Y, Orsetti A. In vitro effects of somatostatin on red cell filterability measured by three methods. Journal des Maladies Vasculaires (Paris) 1991, 16: 49-52.
16. Brun JF, Fons C, Fussellier M, Bardet L, Orsetti A. Urinary zinc and its relationships with microalbuminuria in type 1 diabetics. Biological Trace Element Research, 1992, 32, 317-323.
17. Fons C, Brun JF, Fussellier M, Bardet L, Orsetti A. Serum zinc and somatic growth in children with growth retardation. Biological Trace Element Research, 1992, 32, 399-404.
18. Raynaud E, Audran M, Brun JF, Fédou C, Chanal JL, Orsetti A. False-positive cases in detection of testosterone doping. Lancet 1992, 340: 1468-1469
19. Brun JF, Fons C, Supparo I, Mallard C, Orsetti A. Relationships between metabolic and hemorheologic modifications associated with overweight. Clinical Hemorheology 13, 1993, 201-213.
20. Raynaud E, Audran M, Pagès J CH, Brun JF, Fédou C, Chanal JL, Orsetti A. Etude de l'Excrétion urinaire des glucuronides de testostérone et d'épitestostérone chez l'enfant et l'adolescent. Pathologie Biologie 1993, 41, N°2, 159-163
21. Orsetti A, Brun JF, Bouix O, Rama D, Supparo I, Larue C, Calzolari C, Lagrange MC, Heinen C. Les fragments de myosine, marqueurs de l'état fonctionnel du muscle. Science & Sports 1993, 8, 23-24.
22. Brun JF, Bouix O, Fédou C, El Kamar M, Orsetti A. Analyse des signes subjectifs du surentraînement sportif chez 6 adeptes du Tae Kwon Do. Science & Sports 1993, 8, 17-20.
23. Brun JF, Fons C, Supparo I, Mallard C, Orsetti A. Could exercise-induced increase in blood viscosity at high shear rate be entirely explained by hematocrit and plasma viscosity changes? Clinical Hemorheology 1993, 13, 187-199.
24. Raynaud E, Audran M, Pagès J Ch, Fédou C, Brun JF, Chanal JL, Orsetti A. Determination of urinary testosterone and epitestosterone during pubertal development. A cross-sectional study of 141 normal male subjects. Clinical Endocrinology 1993, 38 353-359.
25. Bouix O, Brun JF, Orsetti A. The magnitude, the kinetics and the metabolic efficiency of insulin response to intravenous glucose are related. Hormone and Metabolic Research 1993, 25, 312-316.
26. Brun J.F, Boulot P, F. Frosi, F. Deschamps, B. Bachelard, C. Fons, I.Supparo, C. Mallard, J.L. Viala, A. Orsetti. Study of some physiological aspects of blood rheology in fetuses by intrauterine cord venepunctures. Relationships with hemodynamic measurements. Clinical Hemorheology, 1993, 13, 215-226.
27. Fons C, Brun JF, Supparo I, Mallart C, Bardet L, Orsetti A. Evaluation of blood viscosity at high shear rate with a falling ball viscometer. Clinical Hemorheology, 1993, 13, 651-659
28. Noriega E, Bouix O, Brun JF, Mestres C, Gauthier J, Orsetti A. Glycaemic and insulinaemic responses to white, brown and germinated rices in healthy subjects. Diabetes Nutr Metab 1993, 6 (N°4) pp 215-221.
29. Brun JF, Bouix O, Rama D, Supparo I, Larue C, Calzolari C, Lagrange MC, Heinen C, Orsetti A. Variations physiologiques de la myosinémie en relation avec l'activité musculaire. Science & Sports 1993, 8, 261-268.
30. Legros P et le groupe "surentraînement" (Orsetti A, Bedu M, Brun JF, Brue F, Desmarais Y, Jousselin E, Legros P, Medelli J, Paruit C, Serrurier B.) Le surentraînement: diagnostic des manifestations psychocomportementales précoces. Science & Sports 1993, 8, 71-74.
31. Brun JF, I. Supparo, C. Mallard, and A. Orsetti. Low values of resting blood viscosity and erythrocyte aggregation are associated with lower increases in blood lactate during submaximal exercise. Clinical Hemorheology, 1994, 14, 105-116
32. Bouix O, Brun JF, Fédou C, Raynaud E, Kerdélhué B, Orsetti A. Plasma B-endorphin, corticotrophin and growth hormone responses to exercise in pubertal and prepubertal children. Hormone and Metabolic Research 1994 (26):195-199
33. Bouix O, Brun JF, Fédou C, Raynaud E, Lenoir V, Kerdélhué B, Orsetti A. Réponses plasmatiques de la B-endorphine, de l'hormone corticotrope et de l'hormone de croissance au cours de l'exercice chez l'enfant. Science & Sports 1994, 9, 27-33.
34. Brun JF, Boegner C, Orsetti A. Le minimal model: un nouvel outil pour l'étude des hypoglycémies du sportif. Science & Sports , 1994, 9, 47-49.
35. Bouix O, Brun JF, Benani R, Orsetti A. B-endorphine plasmatique, comportement alimentaire et glucorégulation lors de l'exercice physique. Science & Sports , 1995, 10: 21-27
36. Ben Khélifa T, Micallef JP, Quilis A, Brun JF, Orsetti A. Biomécanique de la force de poussée en mêlée de rugby. Science & Sports 1995, 10, 163-164
37. Brun JF, Fédou C, Monnier JF, Jourdan N, Orsetti A. Relationships between insulin resistance measured with the minimal model and microalbuminuria in type 2 (non-insulin dependent) diabetics. Endocrinology and Metabolism 1995, 2, 203-213
38. Dupuy-Fons C, Brun JF, Mallart C, Carvajal J, Fussellier M, Bardet L, Orsetti A. In vitro influence of zinc and magnesium on the deformability of red blood cells artificially hardened by heating. Biological Trace Element Research 1995, 47: 247-255
39. Brun JF, Dieu-Cambrézy C, Charpiat A, Fons C, Fédou C, Micallef JP, Fussellier M, Bardet L, Orsetti A. Serum zinc in highly trained adolescent gymnasts. Biological Trace Element Research 1995, 47:273-278
40. Brun JF, Guintrand-Hugret R, Fons C, Carvajal J, Fédou C, Fussellier M, Bardet L, Orsetti A. Effects of oral zinc gluconate on glucose effectiveness and insulin sensitivity in humans. Biological Trace Element Research 1995, 47:385-392
41. Brun JF, Dupuy-Fons C, Mallart C, Carvajal J, Fussellier M, Bardet L, Orsetti A. Effects of Zamic as a means for zinc supplementation in growing children. Biological Trace Element Research 1995, 48:31-36
42. Brun JF, El Bouhmadi A, Boulot P, Rousseau O, Laffargue F, Viala JL, Orsetti A. Evaluation of erythrocyte hyperaggregation in fetal blood drawn by cordocentesis as a marker of fetal diseases. Clinical Hemorheology 1994, 14:637-642
43. Brun JF, Boulot P, Rousseau O, El Bouhmadi A, Laffargue F, Viala JL, Orsetti A. Modifications of erythrocyte aggregation during labor and delivery. Clinical Hemorheology 1994, 14, 643-649
44. Brun JF, Boulot P, Micallef JP, Viala JL, Orsetti A. Physiological modifications of blood viscosity and red blood cell aggregation during labor and delivery. Clinical Hemorheology 1995, 15, 13-24
45. Brun JF, Micallef JP, Orsetti A. Hemorheologic effects of light prolonged exercise. Clinical Hemorheology 1994, 14, N°6: 807-818
46. Brun JF, Fédou C, Bouix O, Raynaud E, Orsetti A. Evaluation of a standardized hyperglucidic breakfast test in postprandial reactive hypoglycaemia. Diabetologia 1995, 38, 494-501
47. Brun JF, Guintrand-Hugret R, Boegner C, Bouix O, Orsetti A. Influence of short submaximal exercise on parameters of glucose assimilation analyzed with the minimal model. Metabolism 1995, 44, 833-840.
48. Brun JF, Supparo I, Rama D, Bénézis C, Orsetti A. Maximal oxygen uptake and lactate thresholds during exercise are related to blood viscosity and erythrocyte aggregation in professional football players. Clinical Hemorheology 1995, 15, 201-212
49. Brun JF, Supparo I, Orsetti A. Effects of a standardized breakfast compared to fasting on the hemorheologic responses to submaximal exercise. Clinical Hemorheology 1995, 15, 213-220
50. Brun JF, Monnier JF, Charpiat A, Orsetti A. Longitudinal study of relationships between red cell aggregation at rest and lactate response to exercise after training in young gymnasts. Clinical Hemorheology 1995, 15, 147-156
51. Dupuy-Fons C, Brun JF, Pellerin F, Laborde JC, Bardet L, Orsetti A, Janbon C. Relationships between blood rheology and transcutaneous oxygen pressure in peripheral occlusive arterial disease. Clinical Hemorheology 1995, 15, 191-199
52. Brun JF, Bouix O, Monnier JF, Blachon C, Jourdan N, Baccara MT, Fédou C, Orsetti A. Increased insulin sensitivity and basal insulin effectiveness in postprandial reactive hypoglycaemia. Acta Diabetologica 1996, 33, 1-6
53. Fédou C, Brun JF, Raynaud E, Boyer P, Rodier M, de Boisvilliers F, Mouillon N, Orsetti A. Insulin sensitivity and glucose effectiveness measured with the minimal model in adults with GH deficiency. Endocrinology and Metabolism 1996, 3, 99-104
54. Dupuy-Fons C, Brun JF, Quéré I, Bardet L, Janbon C. Rhéologie et artériopathie oblitérante des membres inférieurs. Journal des Maladies Vasculaires 1996, 21, 165-170.
55. Brun JF, Monnier JF, Kabbaj H, Orsetti A. La viscosité sanguine est corrélée à l'insulino-résistance. Journal des Maladies Vasculaires 1996, 21, 171-174.
56. Agardh CD, Garcia-Puig J, Charbonnel B, Angelkòrt B, Barnett AH. (On behalf of the multicentre group: France: JR Attali, N Assad, P Blanchard, P Drouin, T Crea-Avila, P Fossati, D Boute, S Halimi, O Dhondt, M Leutenegger, F Grulet, P Passa, H Leblanc, A Orsetti, JF Brun, G Charpentier): Greater reduction of urinary albumin excretion in hypertensive type II diabetic patients with incipient nephropathy by lisinopril than by nifedipine. Journal of Human Hypertension 1996, 10, 185-92
57. Khaled S, Brun JF, Monnier JF, Orsetti A. Serum zinc and blood rheology in sportsmen (football players). Clinical Hemorheology 1997, 17, 1-12
58. Wouassi D, Mercier J, Ahmaidi S, Brun JF, Mercier B, Orsetti A, Préfaut Ch. Metabolic and hormonal responses during repeated bouts of brief and intense exercise: effects of pre-exercise glucose ingestion. Eur J Appl Physiol 1997, 76, 197-202
59. Brun JF , Bringer J, Raynaud E Renard E, Orsetti A. Interrelation de la masse grasse viscérale et du muscle dans le diabète de type II : Implications Pratiques. Diabetes and Metabolism 1997, 23, suppl 4, 16-34
60. Brun JF , Khaled S, Raynaud E, Bouix D, Micallef JP, Orsetti A. Triphasic effects of exercise on blood rheology: which relevance to physiology and pathophysiology? Clinical Hemorheology 19, 1998, 89-104
61. Brun JF, Blachon C, Micallef JP, Fédou C, Charpiat A, Bouix O, Orsetti A. Protéines porteuses des somatomédines et force isométrique de préhension dans un groupe de gymnastes adolescents soumis à un entraînement intensif. Science & Sports 1996, 11, 157-165
62. C. Peyreigne, J.F. Brun, J.F. Monnier, M. Abecassis, C. Fédou, E Raynaud, A. Orsetti Interactions entre la fonction somatotrope et l'activité musculaire. Science & Sports 1997, 12, 4-18
63. M Reynier, JF Brun, A Orsetti Effets métaboliques de l'association L-Carnitine - L-Lysine - Méthionine contre placebo au cours d'exercices submaximaux Science & Sports 1998, 13,17-25
64. O Bouix, JF Brun, C Fédou, JP Micallef, A Charpiat, D Rama, A Orsetti Exploration de gymnastes adolescents de classe sportive: quel suivi médical pour la croissance et la puberté? Science & Sports 1997, 12, 51-65
65. S Khaled, JF Brun, L Bardet, G Cassanas, A Orsetti. Importance physiologique du zinc dans l'activité physique. Science & Sports 1997, 12, 179-191
66. E. Noriega, J.F. Brun, J. Gautier, J.P Micallef, A. Orsetti Effects of rice on submaximal exercise endurance capacity. Science & Sports 1997, 12, 192-203
67. E Raynaud JF Monnier, JF Brun, M Solère, A Orsetti Biochimie et hormonologie de l'exercice submaximal; standardisation d'un test d'effort chez le sportif Science & Sports 1997, 12, 72-74
68. J. Manetta, J.F. Brun, JP Micallef, A. Orsetti. Etude longitudinale de l'effet de l'entraînement sur l'assimilation glucidique mesurée par le minimal model chez des cyclistes. Science & Sports 1997, 12, 80-83
69. E Raynaud , JF Brun, C Fédou, M Solère, A Orsetti Adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) responsiveness to standardized exercise as a marker of neuroendocrine maturation during puberty? Science & Sports 1997, 12, 75-76
70. E. Varlet-Marie, J-F. Brun, C. Blachon, A. Orsetti Relations entre la composition corporelle mesurée par impédancemétrie et la performance motrice sur ergocycle. Science & Sports 1997 , 12, 204-206
71. JF Monnier, E Raynaud, JF Brun, A Orsetti Evaluation de la répétabilité moyenne d'une technique d'impédancemétrie appliquée à la détermination de la composition corporelle. Science & Sports 1997, 12, 208-209
72. JF Monnier, E Raynaud, JF Brun, A Orsetti Influence de la prise alimentaire et de l'exercice physique sur une technique d'impédancemétrie appliquée à la détermination de la composition corporelle. Science & Sports 1997 , 12, 256-258
73. J. Manetta, S. Khaled, D Bouix, K. Krechiem, J.F. Brun, A. Orsetti Evaluation d'un auto questionnaire alimentaire court par comparaison avec un entretien diététique chez des sujets sportifs et sédentaires. Science & Sports 1997,12, 210-213
74. A. Najimi, E. Raynaud, JF Brun, O Bouix, A Orsetti Caractérisation in vitro des influences humorales catécholaminergiques et opiatergiques inhibant la sécrétion d'insuline de l'ilôt de Langerhans à l'exercice. Science & Sports 1997, 12, 77-79
75. P. Alric, J. Domergue, G. Pageaux, E. Raynaud, J.F. Brun, A. Orsetti Glycorégulation à l'exercice chez des greffés hépatiques. Science & Sports 1997 , 12, 84-87
76. E Raynaud, C Fédou , JF Brun, M Solère , A Orsetti Taux sériques du Propeptide Aminoterminal du Procollagène III chez des sportifs soumis à un entraînement régulier Science & Sports 1997 (à paraître)
77. Brun JF, Raynaud E, Bouix O, Fédou C, Pérez-Martin A. Adaptations métaboliques et hormonales et activité sportive. Science & Sports 1997, 12, 3
78. M Rouard, F Macari, O Bouix, C Lautier, JF Brun, P Lefèbvre, E Renard, J Bringer, C Jaffiol, F Grigorescu. Identification of two novel insulin receptor mutations, (Asp59-Gly and Leu62-Pro) in type A syndrome of extreme insulin resistance. Biochem Biophys Res Com 234, 1997, 764-768
79. Raynaud E, Brun JF, Pérez-Martin A, Fédou C, Mercier J. Evaluation in vivo de la sensibilité à l'insuline et applications cliniques. Ann Biol Clin 1998, 56, 407-16
80. Raynaud E, Pérez-Martin A, Khaled S, Mercier J, Brun JF. Concerning the validity of the "FIRI" insulin resistance index. Diabetes Metab 1998, 23, 160-161
81. Khaled S, Brun JF, Wagner A, J Mercier, J Bringer, C Préfaut. Increased blood viscosity in iron-depleted elite athletes. Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation 18 (1998) 308-318
82. Raynaud E, Brun JF, Pérez-Martin A, Orsetti A, Solère M. Negative correlation between plasma fibrinogen and insulin sensitivity measured with the minimal model technique.Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation 18 (1998) 323-330
83. Bouix D, Peyreigne C, Raynaud E, Aïssa Benhaddad A, Mercier J, Bringer, Préfaut C, Brun JF. Fibrinogen is negatively correlated with aerobic working capacity in football players. Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation 19, 1998, 219-227
84. Khaled S , Brun JF, Cassanas G , Bardet L , Orsetti A. Effects of zinc supplementation on blood rheology during exercise. Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation 20, 1999, 1-10
85. Peyreigne C, Bouix D, Micallef JP, Mercier J, Bringer, Préfaut C, Brun JF. Exercise-induced growth hormone secretion and hemorheology during exercise in elite athletes. Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation 19, 1998, 169-176
86. Aïssa Benhaddad A, Bouix D, Khaled S, Micallef JP, Mercier J, Bringer J, Brun JF. Early hemorheologic aspects of overtraining in elite athletes. Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation 20 (1999) 117-125
87. Raynaud E, Brun JF, Pérez-Martin A, Mercier J. Association between plasma fibrinogen levels and and insulin resistance. Diabetes Care 21, 1998, 2040-2041
88. Bouix D, Peyreigne C, Raynaud E, Monnier JF, Micallef JP, Brun JF. Relationships among body composition, hemorheology and exercise performance in rugbymen. Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation 19, 1998, 245-254
89. C Peyreigne, JF Brun, D Bouix, A Aïssa Benhaddad, J Mercier J Bringer, C Préfaut. Hemorheologic effects of a short-term ketogenetic diet. Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation 21, 1999, 147-153
90. Raynaud E, Brun JF, Pérez-Martin A, Sagnes C, Boularan AM, Fédou C, Mercier J. Serum leptin is associated with the perception of palatability during a high carbohydrate breakfast test. Clinical Science 1999, 96, 343-348.
91. Raynaud E, Brun JF, Fédou C, Puech-Cathala AM, Pérez-Martin A, Orsetti A. La micro-albuminurie, marqueur précoce d'atteinte rénale, est-elle aussi un facteur de risque cardiovasculaire? Ann Biol Clin 1998, 56, 671-679
92. C. Peyreigne, C Fédou, A Aïssa Benhaddad, F. de Boisvilliers, J Mercier, J Bringer, J.F. Brun. Hemorheology of Growth Hormone-deficient Adults. Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation 20, 1999, 167-174
93. Raynaud E, Pérez-Martin A, Brun JF, Aissa Benhaddad A, Mercier J. Revised concept for the estimation of insulin sensitivity from a single sample. Diabetes Care 22, 1999, (N°6), 1003-1004 or preprint
94. Raynaud E, Pérez-Martin A, Brun JF, Fédou C, Mercier J. Insulin sensitivity measured with the minimal model is higher in moderately overweight women with predominantly lower body fat. Horm Metab Res 1999, 31, 415-417
95. Manetta J, Brun JF, Mercier J, Préfaut C. The effects of exercise training intensification on glucose disposal in elite cyclists. Int J Sports Med 2000, 21, 338-343
96. A. El Bouhmadi, F. Laffargue, N Raspal and JF Brun. 100 mg acetylsalicylic acid acutely decreases red cell aggregation in women taking oral contraceptives. Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation 22, 2000, 99-106
97. A. El Bouhmadi, P Boulot, F Laffargue and JF Brun. Rheological properties of fetal red cells with special reference to aggregability and disaggregability analyzed by light transmission and laser backscattering techniques. Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation 22, 2000, 79-90
98. A. El Bouhmadi, F. Laffargue and JF Brun. Aggregability and disaggregability of erythrocytes in women suffering from ovarian cancer: evidence for an increased disaggregation threshold. Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation 22, 2000, 91-97
99. Raynaud E, Pérez-Martin A, Brun JF, Aissa Benhaddad A, Fédou C, Mercier J. Relationships between fibrinogen and insulin resistance. Atherosclerosis 2000, 150 (2): 365-370
100. JF Brun, C Bouchahda, D Chaze, A Aïssa Benhaddad, JP Micallef and J Mercier. The paradox of hematocrit in exercise physiology: which is the 'normal' range from an hemorheologist's viewpoint? Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation 22, 2000, 287-303
101. J.F. Monnier, J.F. Brun, A Aïssa Benhaddad, JP Micallef, and J Mercier. Relationships between blood viscosity and Insulin-Like Growth Factor I status in sportsmen. Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation 22, 2000, 277-286.
Research Interest: Rehabilitation, Physiotherapy, Assistive Technologies, Robot-Assisted Rehabilitation, Application of Novel Technical Achievements (Brain-Computer Interfaces, Neuroprostheses, Exoskeletons and Rehabilitation Robots) in Rehabilitation and Care, Evidence Based Medicine in Rehabilitation and Cooperation within Interdisciplinary Therapeutic Team.
Research Interest: Abdominal muscles physiology, ultrasound imagining, Low back pain – assessment and management, Development of the body posture in adolescent period, Scoliosis – non-surgical treatment and diagnosis, Statistical analysis in medicine and sport science, Effectiveness of physiotherapy treatments – mainly low back and cervical pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, etc.
Research Interest: Fibromyalgia, Chronic pain, Medical Education and Quality of Life.
Research Interest: Application of engineering solutions to medical problems to devise for improved treatment methods and medical devices for osteoarthritis, venous ulcers, gait analysis and rehabilitation.
Research Interest: Spine, Low Back Pain, Physical Therapy, Injury Prevention, Firefighters
Published On: August 21, 2018 | Pages: 017 - 022Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation
Published On: July 09, 2018 | Pages: 013 - 016Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation
Published On: February 27, 2018 | Pages: 006 - 012Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation
Published On: January 09, 2018 | Pages: 001 - 005Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation
Published On: December 13, 2017 | Pages: 046 - 049Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation
Published On: November 08, 2017 | Pages: 043 - 045Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation
Published On: October 10, 2017 | Pages: 039 - 042Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation
Published On: August 19, 2017 | Pages: 032 - 038Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation
Published On: August 08, 2017 | Pages: 027 - 031Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation
Published On: June 27, 2017 | Pages: 022 - 026Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation
I would like to continue as an editor in this journal and confer the services. The comments we are receiving from reviewers and editors are authentic. I like the quality of review in this journal. The manuscript submission process is easy and Hassel free. I surely recommend this journal for getting indexing in ISI. I recommend my co staff to submit the research and review works to this journal. The timeline of manuscript submission and publication process is satisfactory. Required information can get easily on the journal webpage.
The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Selection of reviewers regarding the ability to analyse data according to their Research interest that can be helpful for the growth of the journal. Manuscript submission process is good. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication of their valuable works. I like mostly like the Reviewer Evaluation form in the Peer Review process of this journal. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
I wish to associate with the journal and confer my services. Manuscript submission process is rapid. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommended this journal to others for publication of their research works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is rapidity. The required information is easily available on the website.
The editors and reviewer comments in this journal are considerable. The manuscript submission process in this journal is uncomplicated. I endorse that i will suggest to others to submit their works for publication in this journal. I satisfied with the time line of manuscript submission and publication process. I can go through the journal website and easily get the required.
I do wish to associate with the journal and provide my services when needed. The reviewer and editor comments in this journal is meaning full. It will be fine that journal can take feedback from readers. Manuscript submission process is smoothie. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing platforms. I recommend my colleagues and co experts to submit their research works in this journal. The timeline of submission and publication process are satisfactory. I like the fast turnover period from submission to publication.I can find the required information in the website easily.
I would like to continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are satisfactory. The manuscript submission process is Hassel-free. I recommend this journal for major indexing platforms. I strongly recommend the others to submit their research works for the sake of the journal growth. I am satisfied the time line between manuscript submission and publication process. I mostly like the journal webpage of the journal. The required information can get easily on journal webpage.
I would like continue this association with the journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and professional. The submission of manuscript process seems smooth. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. The submission and publication time line process of manuscripts are quick and timely. I mostly like the submission and article in online after publication in this journal.
I wish to associate with this journal and confer my services. Comments from editors as well as reviewers are fair and Professional. The process of manuscript submission process is user friendly. I definitely recommend some of my colleagues for manuscript submission for publication in this journal. Time line process of manuscript submission and publication is acceptable.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and meaningful. Manuscript submission process is rapid and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommended this journal to others for publication of their valuable research works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is Quality, and Timely publication. The required information is easily available on the website.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor-in-chief for the Journal. I wish to express my happy anticipation for continuing to work together towards greater successes in scientific research and related publications in future. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. I will continuously contribute editorial, review and research articles to this journal. I am also planning to propose some special topic issues for the journal. I will be more involved in peer-review process of submitted manuscript. I recommend this journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommend this journal to many of my colleagues in our institution, and other aesthetic researchers and doctors in medical schools and hospitals. I am satisfied with current submission-publication timeline; it is very effective with quick decision. I like the most in your publication process is short and effective review process, as well as high visibility. The website is friendly and easily accessible.
Arghya Narayan Banerjee
Yeungnam University, South Korea
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
Democritus University of Thrace , Greece
International Journal of Vascular Surgery and Medicine
University of Padua, Italy
Journal of Gynecological Research and Obstetrics
University of Siena, Italy
Archives of Renal Diseases and Management
Leeds Beckett University, UK
Archives of Community Medicine and Public Health
Former member of MGH, USA
International Journal of Immunotherapy and Cancer Research
University of Athens , Greece
International Journal of Oral and Craniofacial Science
Dr. Rath Research Institute
1260 Memorex Drive, Santa Clara, USA
Global Journal of Cancer Therapy
Prof. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Developmental Research
Sassari University, Italy
Archive of Urological Research