Wei Min HUANG
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 0065 84664500
Fax: 0065 67924062
Carlo Massaroni was born in Anzio (Rome) in 1988.
He received the B.S. Degree in Biomedical Engineering from Università Campus Bio-Medico di Roma in December 2010. The Bachelor thesis title was "Perception Analysis of the form by the use of a numerical chessboard" and it was carried out in collaboration with the Bioinformatics Lab of the same University.
He received the M.S. Degree with highest honors in Biomedical Engineering from Università Campus Bio-Medico di Roma in December 2012. His graduation Thesis was entitled "Preliminary validation of a respiratory apparatus simulator for the assessment of metrological characteristics of a optoelectronic plethysmograph".
With his thesis he won two relevant National Price. On September he has been awarded the 2013 SIAMOC Dissertation Prize by the Italian Society of Clinical Movement Analysis (SIAMOC) in recognition of the outstanding quality of his undergraduate research. On October he has been awarded the 2013 GNB Dissertation Price by the Italian National Bioengineering Group (GNB) for outstanding contribute in the field of Rehabilitation and Prosthetics.
From April 2013 to January 2014 he worked as Biomechanical Researcher in the Unit of Rehabilitation at Scientific Institute for Research IRCCS Eugenio Medea of Conegliano (TV), as Scholarship Winner and Assignee for 2013.
He was PhD Student in Biomedical Engineering at Università Campus Bio-Medico di Roma from January 2014 to December 2016: he started working in the Laboratory of Measurements and Biomedical Instrumentation in January 2014, under the supervision of Prof. Sergio Silvestri.
In 2014 he has achieved the Professional Qualification as Industrial Engineer (Section A). He was Jury Aggregate Member as Topic expert in Biomedical Instrumentation during the State Examinations enabling the exercise of the profession of Engineer on behalf of Ordine degli Ingegneri of Rome. Section A - Industrial Section.
From February 2015 is Student Mentor for the International Biomechanics Society (ISB) in Instrumentation for Human Motion, Optoelectronic Systems and Optoelectronic Plethysmography.
On July 2015 he has been awarded the International Grant Travel Program Award by the International Society of Biomechanics (ISB) with the project "MoCBA - MOtion Capture for Breathing Assessment". MoCBA is an interdisciplinary project taking advantage of the research cooperation between the School of Sport & Exercise Sciences (SSES) at the University of Kent (Dr. Dickinson and Dr. Winter) and the School of Engineering, Research Unit of Measurement and Biomedical Instrumentation (UCBM) at the Campus Bio-Medico di Roma University. He is currently (until 22/04/2016) a Visiting PhD Student at University of Kent (Medway Campus, Kent, UK), where he is working in the Respiratory Clinic Unit.
On September 2017 he has been awarded the 2017 GNB Thesis Award by the Italian National Bioengineering Group (GNB) for outstanding contribute in the field of Biorobotics and Biomechanics.
2017 IEEE Sensor Council Travel Award (€ 1000) to attend the 2nd IEEE Sensors Summer
School on Optical Fibre Sensors at the University of Limerick, Ireland. 26th – 30th
June 2017 - Limerick, Ireland.
2016 European Society of Biomechanics (ESB) Travel Award (€ 400) to attend the 22nd
Congress of the European Society of Biomechanics (Respiratory Biomechanics
Session) - Lyon, France.
2015 International Society of Biomechanics (ISB) International Travel Grant (ITG2015) ($
2500) to fund the Research Project “MoCBA: Motion Capture for Breathing
Assessment” and to fund the foreign period of 6 months at University of Kent (UK).
Number of Publications: 43
Research Interest: Cell Printing, Now, he is especially
interested in the novel cell printing method. With the different own designed
cell printers, the project about how to printing vessels and the organ at the
same time is underway. Organ on a chip, Now, he is especially interested in
designing new method to 3D printing microfluidic chips which can be used in cell
culture and the prototype of organ
Research Interest: Non-point source, soil heavy metal, absorbing Material, and restoration
Tissue & organ repair and regeneration, Tissue engineering, Wound healing,
Clinical medicine, dimensional tissue equivalent models, Novel wound and scar
remediation therapies, Chinese herbal medicine, Growth factor/extracellular
matrix protein complexes, Pharmaceutical and drugs
Functional Brain Imaging, Pre-surgical
Brain Mapping, Biomedical signal and Image Processing, Neural Engineering
My research focuses on establishing the clinical applicability of two new diagnostic parameters (to detect coronary artery disease) using a set of bench-top experiments, computational analysis, pre-clinical and clinical trials in our research group. These proposed diagnostic parameters based on fluid dynamic principles, pressure drop coefficient and lesion flow coefficient, have the potential to make a real paradigm shift in clinical decision making related to cardiovascular intervention. As part of my research involving pre-clinical and clinical trials I had collaborated with clinicians and scientists at College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati and at Cincinnati Children's Hospital and Medical Center. Preliminary results from these studies have concluded the clinical applicability of these parameters to distinguish between stenoses of various severity.
More recently, at Weill Cornell Medical College, I am working on using 3D printing, machine learning and computational fluid dynamics to predict and prevent coronary artery disease from non-invasive CCTA imaging data.
Research Interest: 3D printing, Computational fluid dynamics, clinical radiology, non-invasive CCTA scanning, machine learning, interventional cardiology, applied mathematics, bio-heat transfer
List of Publications:
1. Al'Aref SJ, Anchouche K, Singh G, Slomka PJ, Kolli KK, Kumar A, Pandey M, Maliakal G, van Rosendael AR, Beecy AN, Berman DS, Leipsic J, Nieman K, Andreini D, Pontone G, Schoepf UJ, Shaw LJ, Chang HJ, Narula J, Bax JJ, Guan Y, Min JK. Clinical applications of machine learning in cardiovascular disease and its relevance to cardiac imaging. Eur Heart J. 2018. Epub 2018/07/31. doi: 10.1093/eurheartj/ehy404. PubMed PMID: 30060039. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30060039.
2. Kolli KK, Min JK. Image-based computational fluid dynamic analysis for surgical planning of sequential grafts in coronary artery bypass grafting. Accepted as Contributed full paper for publication in Conference Proceedings for IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society Conference. 2018. [Accepted]
3. van Rosendael AR, Maliakal G, Kolli KK, Beecy A, Al'Aref SJ, Dwivedi A, Singh G, Panday M, Kumar A, Ma X, Achenbach S, Al-Mallah MH, Andreini D, Bax JJ, Berman DS, Budoff MJ, Cademartiri F, Callister TQ, Chang HJ, Chinnaiyan K, Chow BJW, Cury RC, DeLago A, Feuchtner G, Hadamitzky M, Hausleiter J, Kaufmann PA, Kim YJ, Leipsic JA, Maffei E, Marques H, Pontone G, Raff GL, Rubinshtein R, Shaw LJ, Villines TC, Gransar H, Lu Y, Jones EC, Pena JM, Lin FY, Min JK. Maximization of the usage of coronary CTA derived plaque information using a machine learning based algorithm to improve risk stratification; insights from the CONFIRM registry. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2018;12(3):204-9. Epub 2018/05/14. doi: 10.1016/j.jcct.2018.04.011. PubMed PMID: 29753765. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29753765.
4. Singh G, Al'Aref SJ, Van Assen M, Kim TS, van Rosendael A, Kolli KK, Dwivedi A, Maliakal G, Pandey M, Wang J, Do V, Gummalla M, De Cecco CN, Min JK. Machine learning in cardiac CT: Basic concepts and contemporary data. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2018; 12(3):192-201. Epub 2018/05/15. doi: 10.1016/j.jcct.2018.04.010. PubMed PMID: 29754806. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29754806.
5. Beecy AN, Chang Q, Anchouche K, Baskaran L, Elmore K, Kolli KK, Wang H, Al'Aref S, Pena JM, Knight-Greenfield A, Patel P, Sun P, Zhang T, Kamel H, Gupta A, Min JK. A Novel Deep Learning Approach for Automated Diagnosis of Acute Ischemic Infarction on Computed Tomography. JACC Cardiovascular imaging. 2018. Epub 2018/05/21. doi: 10.1016/j.jcmg.2018.03.012. PubMed PMID: 29778866. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29778866.
6. Peelukhana SV, Banerjee R, van de Hoef TP, Kolli KK, Effat M, Helmy T, Leesar M, Kerr H, Piek JJ, Succop P, Back L, Arif I. Evaluation of lesion flow coefficient for the detection of coronary artery disease in patient groups from two academic medical centers. Cardiovascular Revascularization
Kranthi Kolli 6 10/05/2018Medicine. 2018;19(3 Pt B):348-54. Epub 2017/10/19. doi: 10.1016/j.carrev.2017.08.018. PubMed PMID: 29037762. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29037762.
7. Han D, Starikov A, Xiong G, Hartaigh B, Granser H, Kolli KK, Lee J, Rizvi A, Baskaran L, Schulman-Marcus J, Lin FY, Min JK. Relationship between endothelial wall shear stress and high-risk atherosclerotic plaque characteristic for identification of coronary lesions that cause ischemia: A direct comparison to fractional flow reserve. Journal of the American Heart Association. 2016; 5(12). doi: 10.1161/JAHA.116.004186. PubmMed PMID: 27993831. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27993831
8. Kolli KK, Min JK, Ha S, Soohoo H, Xiong G. Effect of Varying Hemodynamic and Vascular Conditions on Fractional Flow Reserve: An In Vitro Study. Journal of the American Heart Association. 2016;5(7). doi: 10.1161/JAHA.116.003634. PubMed PMID: 27364988. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27364988.
9. Kolli KK, van de Hoef TP, Effat MA, Banerjee RK, Peelukhana SV, Succop P, Leesar MA, Imran A, Piek JJ, Helmy TA. Diagnostic cutoff for pressure drop coefficient in relation to fractional flow reserve and coronary flow reserve: A patient-level analysis. Catheterization and cardiovascular interventions : official journal of the Society for Cardiac Angiography & Interventions. 2016;87(2):273-82. doi: 10.1002/ccd.26063. PubMed PMID: 26424295. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26424295.
10. Peelukhana SV, Effat M, Kolli KK, Arif I, Helmy T, Leesar M, Kerr H, Back LH, Banerjee R. Lesion flow coefficient: a combined anatomical and functional parameter for detection of coronary artery disease--a clinical study. The Journal of invasive cardiology. 2015;27(1):54-64. PubMed PMID: 25589702. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25589702.
11. Peelukhana SV, Banerjee R, Kolli KK, Fernandez-Ulloa M, Arif I, Effat M, Helmy T, Kerr H. Benefit of ECG-gated rest and stress N-13 cardiac PET imaging for quantification of LVEF in ischemic patients. Nuclear medicine communications. 2015;36(10):986-98. doi: 10.1097/MNM.0000000000000352. PubMed PMID: 26225941. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26225941.
12. Peelukhana SV, Kolli KK, Leesar MA, Effat MA, Helmy TA, Arif I, Schneeberger EW, Succop P, Banerjee RK. Effect of myocardial contractility on hemodynamic end points under concomitant microvascular disease in a porcine model. Heart and vessels. 2014;29(1):97-109. doi: 10.1007/s00380-013-0355-9. PubMed PMID: 23624760. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23624760.
13. Peelukhana SV, Kerr H, Kolli KK, Fernandez-Ulloa M, Gerson M, Effat M, Arif I, Helmy T, Banerjee R. Benefit of cardiac N-13 PET CFR for combined anatomical and functional diagnosis of ischemic coronary artery disease: a pilot study. Annals of nuclear medicine. 2014;28(8):746-60. doi: 10.1007/s12149-014-0869-y. PubMed PMID: 24950752. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24950752.
14. Kolli KK, Helmy TA, Peelukhana SV, Arif I, Leesar MA, Back LH, Banerjee RK, Effat MA. Functional diagnosis of coronary stenoses using pressure drop coefficient: a pilot study in humans. Catheterization and cardiovascular interventions : official journal of the Society for Cardiac Angiography & Interventions. 2014;83(3):377-85. doi: 10.1002/ccd.25085. PubMed PMID: 23785016. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23785016.
15. Kolli KK, Effat MA, Peelukhana SV, Succop P, Back LH, Leesar MA, Helmy TA, Imran A, Banerjee RK. Hyperemia-free delineation of epicardial and microvascular impairments using a basal index. Annals of biomedical engineering. 2014;42(8):1681-90. doi: 10.1007/s10439-014-1020-x. PubMed PMID: 24806315. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24806315.
Kranthi Kolli 7 10/05/2018
16. Kolli KK, Arif I, Peelukhana SV, Succop P, Back LH, Helmy TA, Leesar MA, Effat MA, Banerjee RK. Diagnostic performance of pressure drop coefficient in relation to fractional flow reserve and coronary flow reserve. The Journal of invasive cardiology. 2014;26(5):188-95. PubMed PMID: 24791716. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24791716.
17. Kolli KK, Paul AK, Back LH, Effat MA, Banerjee RK. Optimization of balloon obstruction for simulating equivalent pressure drop in physiological stenoses. Biorheology. 2013;50(5-6):257-68. doi: 10.3233/BIR-130640. PubMed PMID: 24398608. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24398608.
18. Peelukhana SV, Banerjee RK, Kolli KK, Effat MA, Helmy TA, Leesar MA, Schneeberger EW, Succop P, Gottliebson W, Irif A. Effect of heart rate on hemodynamic endpoints under concomitant microvascular disease in a porcine model. American journal of physiology Heart and circulatory physiology. 2012;302(8):H1563-73. doi: 10.1152/ajpheart.01042.2011. PubMed PMID: 22287585. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22287585.
19. Kolli KK, Banerjee RK, Peelukhana SV, Effat MA, Leesar MA, Arif I, Schneeberger EW, Succop P, Gottliebson WM, Helmy TA. Effect of changes in contractility on pressure drop coefficient and fractional flow reserve in a porcine model. The Journal of invasive cardiology. 2012;24(1):6-12. PubMed PMID: 22210582. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22210582.
20. Rajabi-Jaghargh E, Kolli KK, Back LH, Banerjee RK. Effect of guidewire on contribution of loss due to momentum change and viscous loss to the translesional pressure drop across coronary artery stenosis: an analytical approach. Biomedical engineering online. 2011;10:51. doi: 10.1186/1475-925X-10-51. PubMed PMID: 21658283; PMCID: 3141581. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21658283.
21. Kolli KK, Banerjee RK, Peelukhana SV, Helmy TA, Leesar MA, Arif I, Schneeberger EW, Hand D, Succop P, Gottliebson WM, Effat MA. Influence of heart rate on fractional flow reserve, pressure drop coefficient, and lesion flow coefficient for epicardial coronary stenosis in a porcine model. American journal of physiology Heart and circulatory physiology. 2011;300(1):H382-7. doi: 10.1152/ajpheart.00412.2010. PubMed PMID: 20935151. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20935151.
Connective Tissue, Drugs
Action, Microscopy, Protein Modeling, Bone Structure, Trace/major Elements,
Image Processing, Electromagnetism, Spectroscopy, Biometrics, Human Networks
Optofluidics, Surface Wettability, Drug Delivery
Protein engineering and
protein chemistry, Nanobiotechnology and Protein nanocage, Biomaterials and
Biomedical engineering, Industrial microbiology
Medical Image Analysis and
Processing Computer Simulations of
Nanoscale Systems Communications and
Mobile Computing Bioinformatics and
Computational Biology Computational Neuroscience and Vascular Flow Dynamics Biometrics
and Bio-robotics Computer Aided Diagnosis and Guided Surgerya
Cell and tissue engineering
fatigue, motor units, innervation zone, anal sphincter, MMG, biofeedback,
cervical kinematics, helical axis
Biophotonics and Biosensors
Research Interest: His research focuses on computer
assisted surgery, including medical image analysis, surgical navigation,
surgery simulation, surgical robots, biomedical manufacturing, etc.
Research Interest: His research interests concentrate on the
biosensors (e.g. living cell sensor, DNA sensor and protein sensor) and BioMEMS
Research Interest: Design, fabrication, and optical
properties of nanomaterials,- Biomedical applications (biosensing, bioimaging,
therapy) of nanomaterials ,- Surface-enhanced Raman scattering and related
Published On: May 11, 2020 | Pages: 021 - 033Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: April 07, 2020 | Pages: 016 - 020Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: March 02, 2020 | Pages: 010 - 015Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: February 12, 2020 | Pages: 001 - 009Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: August 12, 2019 | Pages: 019 - 060Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 05, 2019 | Pages: 007 - 018Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: January 25, 2019 | Pages: 001 - 006Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: December 31, 2018 | Pages: 021 - 024Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: December 21, 2018 | Pages: 010 - 020Abstract View Full Article View
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and meaningful. Manuscript submission process is rapid and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommended this journal to others for publication of their valuable research works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is Quality, and Timely publication. The required information is easily available on the website.
I like to continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair. The journal should get impact factor and indexing in major databases. Manuscript submission in this journal is nice and easy. I will recommend this journal for getting major reputed indexing services. The submission and publication timeline process are going in the exact way. I can find the required information in the journal website easily.
About my experience in publishing
with Peertechz Publications...
Good communication, Quick responses,
Friendly stuff, Low fees, nice platform for articles
I recommend them for all
I wish to associate with the journal and confer my services. Manuscript submission process is rapid. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommended this journal to others for publication of their research works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is rapidity. The required information is easily available on the website.
I wish to associate and contribute to the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and satisfactory. Manuscript submission process is quick. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommend this journal to others for publication. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is the rapidity. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
The comments from editors and reviewers are meaning full and fair. The manuscript submission process in this journal is user friendly. I recommend this journal to get major reputed indexing platforms. I recommend to some of my colleagues to submit their valuable research works in this journal in coming future. Manuscript submission and publication time line process is satisfactory. The required information can get easily on the website.
I wish to be associated with the journal and confer my services as it improves my knowledge on vaccines. I suggest to give a clearer description of the objectives of the journal. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
The comments from reviewers and editors are always constructive, even if a manuscript is rejected for its publication. I will trust the publication process with Peertechz.
I like to continue my association as an editor for this journal and confer my services. I have recommended and encouraged my colleges to submit manuscripts for publication every time when I have chance. I can go through the journal website and easily get the required information.
I am continuing my association with this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are satisfactory. Manuscript submission process in this journal is Hassle free. I strongly recommend this journal to get reputed indexing services. I recommend my friends and colleagues to submit their works in this journal for publication. The submission and publication time line process is satisfactory. I can easily find the required information on the journal website.
Saint Joseph Hospital , Germany
Journal of Neurology, Neurological Science and Disorders
Columbia University, USA
Journal of Novel Physiotherapy and Physical Rehabilitation
University of Siena, Italy
Archives of Renal Diseases and Management
Beijing University of Technology , PR China
Journal of Civil Engineering and Environmental Sciences
Marco Matteo Ciccone
University of Bari , Italy
Archives of Organ Transplantation
Wei Min HUANG
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Archive of Biomedical Science and Engineering
Manuel Jose Lis Arias
Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Spain
Archive of Biochemistry
Dr. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Archive of Gerontology and Geriatrics Research
Jose Manuel Ramia-Angel
Guadalajara University Hospital , Spain
Journal of Surgery and Surgical Research
Malgorzata Gabriela WASNIEWSKA
University of Messina, Italy
International Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism