Critical Care, Critical care nephrology, hemodialysis-peritoneal dialysis, vascular access, ultrasound
List of publications:
1) Diagnostica dell’insufficienza renale acuta e biomarkers di danno renale Paolo Lentini, Massimo de Cal, Luca Zanoli, Antonio Granata, Roberto Dell’Aquila Giornale di Tecniche Nefrologiche e Dialitiche 2016; 28(2) :97-101 doi 10.5301 ISSN 0394-9362
2) Sodium Glucose Co-transporter Type 2 (SGLT2) Inhibitors in CKD]. Insalaco M, Zanoli L, Rastelli S, Lentini P, Rapisarda F, Fatuzzo P, Castellino P, Granata A. G Ital Nefrol. 2015 Jul-Aug;32(4). pii: gin/32.4.2. Italian. PMID:26252258
3) Sodium-Glucose Linked Transporter-2 Inhibitors in Chronic Kidney Disease L. Zanoli, A. Granata, P. Lentini, S. Rastelli, P. Fatuzzo, F. Rapisarda and P. Castellino The Scientific World Journal February 2015 Article ID 317507, 6 pages http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/317507
4) Increased arterial stiffness in inflammatory bowel diseases is dependent upon inflammation and reduced by immunomodulatory drugs. Zanoli L, Rastelli S, Inserra G, Lentini P, Valvo E, Calcagno E, Boutouyrie P, Laurent S, Castellino P. Atherosclerosis. 2014 Jun;234(2):346-51.
5) Renal transplantation parenchymal complications: what Doppler ultrasound can and cannot do
Antonio Granata, Pierpaolo Di Nicolò, Viviana R. Scarfia, Monica Insalaco, Paolo Lentini, Massimiliano Veroux, Pasquale Fatuzzo, Fulvio Fiorini. Journal of Ultrasound July 2014
6) Oral hypoglycemic drugs in chronic kidney disease: which limitations in the clinical setting.
Granata A, Insalaco M, Di Nicolò P, Scarfia VR, Russo L, D'anna G, Lentini P, Fiorini F, Fatuzzo P.
G Ital Nefrol. 2014 Jan-Feb;31(1).
7)The role of bioelectrical impedance in peritoneal dialysis. Lentini P, De Cal M, Zanoli L, Granata A, Basso A, Contestabile A, Berlingò G, Pellanda V, Dell'aquila R. G Ital Nefrol. 2013 Nov-Dec;30(6). pii: gin/30.6.2. Italian.
8) Vascular Complications following kidney transplant: the role of Color-Doppler imaging Granata A; Floccari F; Lentini P, Vittoria S; Di Pietro F; Zamboli P; Fiorini,F;Fatuzzo P. G Ital Nefrol ,2012 vol 29 suppl 57 pp. S99-105
9) Necrotizing pneumonia caused by Panton-Valentine leukocidin-producing methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA). Catena V, Baiocchi M, Lentini P, Badolati L, Baccarin M, Del Monte DD, Rubini A. Infez Med. 2012 Sep 1;20(3):205-10.
10) Unconventional hemodiafiltration: double-high-flux and push-pull. Lentini P, Pellanda V, Contestabile A, Berlingo G, de Cal M, Ronco C, Dell'Aquila R. G Ital Nefrol. 2012 May-Jun;29 Suppl 55:S89-96.
11) Bioelectrical impedance analysis in the assessment of hydration status in peritoneal dialysis patients.
Haapio M, Lentini P, House AA, de Cal M, Cruz DN, Gong D, Rodighiero MP, Dell'Aquila R, Ronco C.
Contrib Nephrol. 2012;178:238-45.
12) Sepsis and AKI in ICU Patients: The Role of Plasma Biomarkers. Lentini P, de Cal M, Clementi A, D'Angelo A, Ronco C. Crit Care Res Pract. 2012;2012:856401.
13) Le barriere allo sviluppo della dialisi peritoneale non esistono Roberto Dell’Aquila, Graziella Berlingò, Valentina Pellanda, Andrea Contestabile, Paolo Lentini, Anna Basso Giornale di Tecniche Nefrologiche & Dialitiche 2014; 26 (S5): S36-S38 DOI: 10.5301/GTND.2014.11912
14) Regular ultrasound examination of transplanted kidneys allows early diagnosis of renal cell carcinoma and conservative nephron sparing surgery Paolo Lentini, Antonio Granata, Antonino Ciancio, Maurizio Gallieni Archivio Italiano di Urologia e Andrologia 2011; 83, 4
15) B-type natriuretic Peptide in the critically ill with acute kidney injury. de Cal M, Haapio M, Cruz DN, Lentini P, House AA, Bobek I, Virzì GM, Corradi V, Basso F, Piccinni P, D'Angelo A, Chang JW, Rosner MH, Ronco C. Int J Nephrol. 2011
16) Diagnosis and therapy of exit-site infection in Peritoneal Dialysis: an update. Dell'aquila R, Berlingo' G, Pellanda V, Contestabile A, Lentini P. G Ital Nefrol. 2011 January-February; 28(1):39-47
17) An innovative technology for safe needle disconnection after hemodialysis. Lentini P, de Cal M, Chronopoulos A, Cruz D, Nalesso F, Garzotto F, Brendolan A, D'Angelo A, Ronco C.J Vasc Access. 2011 Jan 10
18) Heart-kidney biomarkers in patients undergoing cardiac stress testing. Haapio M, House AA, de Cal M, Cruz DN, Lentini P, Giavarina D, Fortunato A, Menghetti L, Salgarello M, Lupi A, Soffiati G, Fontanelli A, Zanco P, Ronco C. Int J Nephrol. 2010 Oct 20;2011.
19) Volume assessment in mechanically ventilated critical care patients using bioimpedance vectorial analysis, brain natriuretic Peptide, and central venous pressure. House AA, Haapio M, Lentini P, Bobek I, de Cal M, Cruz DN, Virzì GM, Carraro R, Gallo G, Piccinni P, Ronco C. Int J Nephrol. 2010 Dec 2;2011.
20) The role of advanced oxidation protein products in intensive care unit patients with acute kidney injury. Lentini P, de Cal M, Cruz D, Chronopoulos A, Soni S, Nalesso F, Zanella M, Garzotto F, Brendolan A, Piccinni P, Ronco C. J Crit Care. 2010 Dec;25(4):605-9.
21) Removal of neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin by extracorporeal therapies.
Bobek I, Gong D, DE Cal M, Cruz D, Chionh CY, Haapio M, Soni SS, Nalesso F, Lentini P, Garzotto F, Corradi V, Ronco C. Hemodial Int. 2010 Jul;14(3):302-7
22) Oliguria, creatinine and other biomarkers of acute kidney injury. Ronco C, Grammaticopoulos S, Rosner M, De Cal M, Soni S, Lentini P, Piccinni P. Contrib Nephrol. 2010;164:118-27.
23) Plasma neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin is an early biomarker for acute kidney injury
in an adult ICU population. Cruz DN, de Cal M, Garzotto F, Perazella MA, Lentini P, Corradi V, Piccinni P, Ronco C. Intensive Care Med. 2010 Mar;36(3):444-51
24) Coupled plasma filtration adsorption (CPFA) versus emofiltrazione continua con regime intermittente di alti volumi (pHVHF) nel trattamento dello shock settico: uno studio pilota. P.Lentini, D. Cruz, F. Nalesso, M. de Cal, I. Bobek, F. Garzotto, M. Zanella,A. Brendolan, P. Piccinni e C Ronco G Ital Nefrol, Nov-Dec;26(6):695-703, 2009
25)NGAL: a biomarker of acute kidney injury and other systemic conditions. Soni SS, Cruz D, Bobek I, Chionh CY, Nalesso F, Lentini P, de Cal M, Corradi V, Virzi G, Ronco C.
Int Urol Nephrol. 2009 Jul 7.
26) Machines for Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy Dinna Cruz, Ilona Bobek, Paolo Lentini, Sachin Soni, Chang Yin Chionh, and Claudio Ronco Seminars in Dialysis—Vol 22, No 2 (March–April) 2009 pp. 123–132
28) HLA-DR expression and apoptosis : a cross sectional controlled study in hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis patients de Cal M, Cruz D, Corradi V, Nalesso F, Polanco N, Lentini P, Brendolan A, Tetta C, Ronco C. Blood Purification 2008; 26(3): 249-54
29) Oxidative Stress and “ monocyte reprogramming “ in septic patients with acute kidney injury requiring CRRT Silva S, de Cal M, Cruz D, Lentini P, Corradi V, Gallo G, Salvatori G, Verbine A, Pogoshyan L, Nalesso F, Brendolan A, Piccinni P, Ronco C.
Blood Purification 2008; 26(2): 188-92.
30) Oxidative stress and “monocyte reprogramming” after kidney transplant: a longitudinal study.
de Cal M, Silva S, Cruz D, Basso F, Corradi V, Lentini P, Nalesso F, Dissegna D, Goepel V, Chiaramente S, Ronco C.Blood Purification 2008; 26(1): 105-110.
31) Effectiveness of polymyxin B-immobilized fiber column in sepsis : a systematic review
Cruz D, Perazella M, Bellomo R, de Cal M, Polanco N, Corradi V, Lentini P, Nalesso F, Ueno T, Ranieri VM, Ronco C Crit. Care 2007;11 (2): R47.
Research Interest: Endocrinology, world-renowned expert in
endocrinology, chronic kidney disease, osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease,
and vitamin D and nutrition.
Research Interest: Peritoneal Dialysis, Secondary
Hypertension, CKD and Cardiovascular disease.
Research Interest: Kidney transplantation, organ
allocation, living kidney donation.
Research Interest: Hemodialysis, kidney transplantation,
and peritoneal dialysis.
Research Interest: Renal pathology, emerging renal disease, diabetic
glomerulopathy, lysozyme induced tubular injury, membranous glomerulopathy,
collagenofibrotic glomerulopathy and fibrillary glomerulopathy.
Research Interest: Chronic kidney disease, nutrition, metabolic
abnormalities of CKD, insulin actions, muscle metabolism, protein and amino
Research Interest: Haemodialysis,
Haemodiafiltration, Infection Control and Anemia of CKD
Research Interest: Amyloid, myeloma, ultrastructure, light & heavy
Research Interest: Renal biopsy, transplantation pathology and
biology, renal neoplasm and acute kidney injury.
Research Interest: Kidney fibrosis, kidney hypertrophy, kidney damage, kidney cancer and
clinical link of RCC and diabetes.
Research Interest: Renal Osteodystrophy,
Hypertension, Dialysis and ESRD.
Research Interest: Peri-opertaive care in renal transplantation organ allocation vascular access.
Research Interest: Cardiovascular disease in chronic kidney disease,
Cardiac biomarkers research in chronic kidney disease, vascular calcification
in chronic kidney disease, Cardio-renal link in peritoneal dialysis and Nutrition
in peritoneal dialysis.
Research Interest: Hemodialysis, AKI, CKD and Pre-Dialysis Care, Hepatitis
in HD, Anemia in CKD and Transplantation.
Research Interest: Urolithiasis and oxalate metabolism, Kidney
transplantation and Pediatric urology.
Research Interest: Intrarenal renin-angiotensin system, hypertension
and circadian rhythm.
Research Interest: Nephrology, renal
tubular disorders, urology, pediatrics and Kawasaki disease.
Research Interest: Renal Transplantation, Transplational Medicine,
Genomics, Oxidative Stress, Inflammation and Basic Science.
Research Interest: Aquaporins, cytoskeleton, Calcium sensing receptor
(CaSR), Pendrin, Salt and Water balance and Collecting duct Disorders.
Research Interest: Nephrology.
Research Interest: Chronic kidney disease
in older patients, Comprehensive geriatric assessment, hemodialysis and
Molecular genetics of kidney disease.
Research Interest: Proteomic, kidney cancer, bladder cancer, prostate
cancer, kidney stones and erectile disfunction.
Research Interest: Chronic kidney disease,
comorbidity, multimorbidity and mortality.
Research Interest: Obesity, BMI, Kidney transplantation, Renal disease,
Blood Pressure, Hypertension, Adiponectin and NGF.
Research Interest: Pediatrics, nephrology and neonatology.
Research Interest: Doppler Ultrasound, Imaging, Rare renal disease,
ultrasound, contrast enhanced US, Renal biopsy, vascular access and
Research Interest: Phosphorus metabolism in
CKD, Nutritional problems in CKD, Sexual dysfunction in CKD, Carnitine
metabolism in CKD, Central and peripheral nervous system in CKD.
Research Interest: Nephrology, Treatment of renal failure, Diabetes
care, Heart transplantation and Plasmatic exchanges.
Research Interest: Glomerulonephritis,
Nephrotic syndrome, CAKUT, Tubulopathies, Acute kidney Injury, Vasculitis,
Genetic and Rare Renal Diseases.
Research Interest: Interventional nephrology, bioimpedance, clinival
research in systemic diseases with renal involvement, plasmapheresis,
immunoadsorption, several methods of renal replacement therapies and iocompatibility of hemodialysis dialyzers.
Research Interest: Ureterosopy, Flexible Ureterosopy, Percutaneous
nephrolithotomy, Transurethral surgery(TURP,TUR-Bt, HOLEP) and Laparoscopy in
Research Interest: kidney injury.
Research Interest: Kidney Transplantation,
Antibody-mediated rejection and Transplant Immunology.
Research Interest: My research focused on chronic kidney disease and
therapeutic effect of natural medicines using pharmacology, biochemistry,
metabolomics and lipidomics techniques. I also am studying the oxidative
stress, inflammation, and pro-fibrotic pathways of chronic kidney disease and
tubulo-interstitial diseases, molecular biology of kidney gene expression.
Research Interest: ACID BASE, Haptoglobin
genotypes, Near Infra Red (NIR), Nutrition Score, CKD, AKI and VOC (volatile
Research Interest: Hemodialysis; Dialyzer;
Heparin; Anticoagulation; Thrombosis, Biomarker; Bleeding, Growth Factor;
Endothelium; Vascular Wall; Atherosclerosis and Cardiovascular Disease.
Research Interest: Anaemia; hypertension;
heart failure; sudden cardiac death; hyperphosphatemia; vascular calcification;
atherosclerosis; chronic kidney disease; dialysis and diabetes.
Research Interest: Chronic kidney disease,
Diabetic nephropathy, Inflammation, Cardiovascular disease, FGF23 and Klotho.
Research Interest: Diabetic nephropathy,
microalbuminuria, pentoxiffilyne, TNF-alfa and inflammmation.
Research Interest: Prostate cell cancer, renal cancer and bladder cancer.
Research Interest: Transplantation, systemic lupus erythematodes,
acute kidney injury, chronic renal failure and small non-coding RNAs (miRNA).
Research Interest: Hemodynamics, renin-angiotensin system
and renal fibrosis from molecules to bedside.
Research Interest: nephritic syndrome dialysis acut and chronic uraemia Waiting for your response.
Research Interest: Immunosuppressive therapy, primary and secondary
glomerulonephritis, renal, liver, pancreas transplantation infections in
patients under immunosuppressive therapy.
Research Interest: Renal cancer Cell field (using metabolomics
Research Interest: Glomerulonephritis, Renal cystic disease,
Proteinuria and Structure of glomerulus.
Research Interest: Gene Network Mapping Related with cyst formation, Large
scale microarray gene expression analysis in disease diagnosis and mechanism
study, Differential DNA methylation in kidney tissues by genome-wide analysis,
Functional analysis of breast cancer biomarker, Aerobic glycolysis in tamoxifen
resistant breast cancer, A3 Foresight Program : miRNA analysis, Cilia assembly
in ADPKD and Autophagy.
Research Interest: Nephrotic syndrome polycystic kidney diseases atypical haemolytic uremic syndrome chronic kidney disease.
Research Interest: hemodialysis peritoneal dialysis cardiovascular disease hypertension kidney biopsy pulse wave velocity ambulatory blood pressure measurement.
Research Interest: Renal Hemodynamics, Nephrotoxicity, Renal
Microcirculation, Renal Hormones, Nephrolithiasis, Acute Kidney Injury, Urinary
Trac Infection, Renal Cell Biology and Stem Cells.
Research Interest: laparoscopic partial nephrectomy, renal surgical
training, animal models, renal comparative anatomy and kidney healing.
Research Interest: Infectious Diseases, Travelers Medicine and Bacterial
Research Interest: Quality of life, exercise, hemodialysis, chronic
kidney disease, peritoneal dialysis, kidney transplantation and high blood