Tufts University, USAEmail: email@example.com
Graduate from Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Resident in Dept of Otorhinolaryngology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Medical Staff in Otorhinolaryngology, Hiratsuka City Hospital, Kanagawa, Japan
Medical Staff in Otorhinolaryngology, Keiyu Hospital, Kanagawa, Japan
Medical Staff in Otorhinolaryngology, Kawasaki Municipal Hospital, Kanagawa, Japan
Instructor in Otorhinolaryngology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Research staff in Basic Otology Research group (Professor Kaoru Ogawa), Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Medical staff in department of Otolaryngology of Saiseikai Kanagawa Hospital, Kanagawa, Japan
Post-doctoral fellow in the Division of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, University of California, San Diego
Instructor in the Department of Otolaryngology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Associate Professor in the Department of Otolaryngology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Adjunct Lecturer in the Department of Otolaryngology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Professional website links:
A grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C) [15K10761] from Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. “Changes of the auditory and equilibrium functions induced by optogenetic control of the stria vascularis function.”
Grant-in Aid for Young Scientists (B)  from Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. “Artificial synapse formation for the implantable artificial organ of Corti.”
List of Publications:
1 Masuda, M., Goto, F., Hasegawa, T., Matsumoto, J., Kasakura-Kimura, N., Miyama, Y., Saito, K. & Kito, S. Transcranial magnetic stimulation for the treatment of vestibular decompensation. E-BENT, (in press).
2 Watabe, T., Xu, M., Watanabe, M., Nabekura, J., Higuchi, T., Hori, K., Sato, M. P., Nin, F., Hibino, H., Ogawa, K., Masuda, M. & Tanaka, K. F. Time-controllable Nkcc1 knockdown replicates reversible hearing loss in postnatal mice. Sci Rep 7, 13605, doi:10.1038/s41598-017-13997-7 (2017).
3 Sato, M. P., Higuchi, T., Nin, F., Ogata, G., Sawamura, S., Yoshida, T., Ota, T., Hori, K., Komune, S., Uetsuka, S., Choi, S., Masuda, M., Watabe, T., Kanzaki, S., Ogawa, K., Inohara, H., Sakamoto, S., Takebayashi, H., Doi, K., Tanaka, K. F. & Hibino, H. Hearing Loss Controlled by Optogenetic Stimulation of Nonexcitable Nonglial Cells in the Cochlea of the Inner Ear. Front Mol Neurosci 10, 300, doi:10.3389/fnmol.2017.00300 (2017).
4 Oishi, N., Yamada, H., Kanzaki, S., Kurita, A., Takiguchi, Y., Yuge, I., Asama, Y., Masuda, M. & Ogawa, K. Assessment of hyperacusis with a newly produced Japanese version of the Khalfa hyperacusis questionnaire. Acta Otolaryngol 137, 957-961, doi:10.1080/00016489.2017.1306654 (2017).
5 Masuda, M., Li, Y., Pak, K., Chavez, E., Mullen, L. & Ryan, A. F. The Promoter and Multiple Enhancers of the pou4f3 Gene Regulate Expression in Inner Ear Hair Cells. Mol Neurobiol 54, 5414-5426, doi:10.1007/s12035-016-0060-7 (2017).
6 Kasakura-Kimura, N., Masuda, M., Mutai, H., Masuda, S., Morimoto, N., Ogahara, N., Misawa, H., Sakamoto, H., Saito, K. & Matsunaga, T. WFS1 and GJB2 mutations in patients with bilateral low-frequency sensorineural hearing loss. Laryngoscope 127, E324-E329, doi:10.1002/lary.26528 (2017).
7 Masuda, M., Mutai, H., Arimoto, Y., Nakano, A. & Matsunaga, T. A novel frameshift variant of COCH supports the hypothesis that haploinsufficiency is not a cause of autosomal dominant nonsyndromic deafness 9. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 469, 270-274, doi:10.1016/j.bbrc.2015.11.106 (2016).
8 Masuda, M., Matsumoto, J., Nakamura, T., Matsuda, T., Naoyuki, K. & Saito, K. The impact of postoperative antrum pneumatization on hearing outcome after canal wall-down tympanoplasty with softwall reconstruction for cholesteatoma. Abstract for the 10th International Conference on Cholesteatoma,Edinburgh UK. J Laryngol Otol 130, S201-S202, https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022215116006228 (2016).
9 Ryan, A. F., Ikeda, R. & Masuda, M. The regulation of gene expression in hair cells. Hear Res 329, 33-40, doi:10.1016/j.heares.2014.12.013 (2015).
10 Masuda, M. & Kanzaki, J. Cause of idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss: The stress response theory. World Journal of Otorhinolaryngology 3, 42-57, doi:10.5319/wjo.v3.i3.42 (2013).
11 Masuda, M., Pak, K., Chavez, E. & Ryan, A. F. TFE2 and GATA3 enhance induction of POU4F3 and myosin VIIa positive cells in nonsensory cochlear epithelium by ATOH1. Dev Biol 372, 68-80, doi:10.1016/j.ydbio.2012.09.002 (2012).
12 Masuda, M., Kanzaki, S., Minami, S., Kikuchi, J., Kanzaki, J., Sato, H. & Ogawa, K. Correlations of inflammatory biomarkers with the onset and prognosis of idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss. Otol Neurotol 33, 1142-1150, doi:10.1097/MAO.0b013e3182635417 (2012).
13 Masuda, M., Dulon, D., Pak, K., Mullen, L. M., Li, Y., Erkman, L. & Ryan, A. F. Regulation of POU4F3 gene expression in hair cells by 5' DNA in mice. Neuroscience 197, 48-64, doi:10.1016/j.neuroscience.2011.09.033 (2011).
14 Wakabayashi, K., Fujioka, M., Kanzaki, S., Okano, H. J., Shibata, S., Yamashita, D., Masuda, M., Mihara, M., Ohsugi, Y., Ogawa, K. & Okano, H. Blockade of interleukin-6 signaling suppressed cochlear inflammatory response and improved hearing impairment in noise-damaged mice cochlea. Neurosci Res 66, 345-352, doi:10.1016/j.neures.2009.12.008 (2010).
15 Taura, A., Taura, K., Choung, Y. H., Masuda, M., Pak, K., Chavez, E. & Ryan, A. F. Histone deacetylase inhibition enhances adenoviral vector transduction in inner ear tissue. Neuroscience 166, 1185-1193, doi:10.1016/j.neuroscience.2009.12.064 (2010).
16 Choung, Y. H., Taura, A., Pak, K., Choi, S. J., Masuda, M. & Ryan, A. F. Generation of highly-reactive oxygen species is closely related to hair cell damage in rat organ of Corti treated with gentamicin. Neuroscience 161, 214-226, doi:10.1016/j.neuroscience.2009.02.085 (2009).
17 Masuda, M., Tanaka, K. F., Kanzaki, S., Wakabayashi, K., Oishi, N., Suzuki, T., Ikenaka, K. & Ogawa, K. GFAP aggregates in the cochlear nerve increase the noise vulnerability of sensory cells in the organ of Corti in the murine model of Alexander disease. Neurosci Res 62, 15-24, doi:10.1016/j.neures.2008.05.005 (2008).
18 Masuda, M., Inoue, Y., Tanosaki, R., Kanzaki, S. & Ogawa, K. Development of solitary plasmacytoma in the internal auditory canal and inner ear after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for plasma cell leukemia. Jpn J Clin Oncol 37, 701-703, doi:10.1093/jjco/hym079 (2007).
19 Masuda, M., Nagashima, R., Kanzaki, S., Fujioka, M., Ogita, K. & Ogawa, K. Nuclear factor-kappa B nuclear translocation in the cochlea of mice following acoustic overstimulation. Brain Res 1068, 237-247, doi:10.1016/j.brainres.2005.11.020 (2006).
20 Fujioka, M., Kanzaki, S., Okano, H. J., Masuda, M., Ogawa, K. & Okano, H. Proinflammatory cytokines expression in noise-induced damaged cochlea. J Neurosci Res 83, 575-583, doi:10.1002/jnr.20764 (2006).
Research Interest: Inner ear, inner ear pathology .
Research Interest: Midline cervical clefts; rannula’s; thymic cysts; pilomatrixoma; lipoma and general pediatric otolaryngology.
Research Interest: Head and Neck Cancer, Cochlear Implant, Narrow-band Imaging Endoscopy.
Research Interest: Cancer genetics, tumor suppressor, structure, genetic alteration, chemo prevention.
Dr. Dworkin-Valenti received his Ph.D. from the University of Buffalo with special focus on speech and voice physiology. He completed a post-doctoral fellowship at the Mayo Clinic, concentrating his research on amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in the Department of Neurology. He is currently Director of Clinical Research at the Detroit Medical Center, in cooperation with the Department of Otolaryngology ENT Residency Program. Throughout his career, Dr. Dworkin-Valenti has cumulatively published more than 125 scientific journal articles, textbooks, and book chapters on various subjects, including vocal pathologies, otolaryngic allergy, and motor speech and developmental communication disorders.
1. Dworkin, J.P. Protrusive lingual force and lingual diadochokinetic rates: A comparative analysis between normal and lisping speakers. Journal of Language, Speech & Hearing in Schools, 9:8-16, 1978.
2. Dworkin, J.P. A therapeutic technique for the improvement of lingua-alveolar valving abilities. Journal of Language, Speech & Hearing in Schools, 9:162-175, 1978.
3. Dworkin, J.P. A review of motor speech disorders (Part I). Journal of National Student Speech & Hearing Assoc., December, 12-36, 1978.
4. Dworkin, J.P. Differential diagnosis of motor speech disorders: The clinical examination of the speech mechanism (Part II). Journal of National Student Speech & Hearing Assoc., December,37-62, 1978.
5. Dworkin, J.P. The influence of lingual muscular strength on articulatory proficiency. Clinical Otolaryngology & Allied Sciences, 4:413-420, 1979.
6. Dworkin, J.P. & Hartman, D.E. Progressive speech deterioration and dysphagia in ALS. Archives of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, 60: 423-425, 1979.
7. Abkarian, G.G., Dworkin, J.P., & Brown, S. Signed English as a transition step in the treatment of a child with Reye’s syndrome. Human Communication, Spring, 375-380, 1980.
8. Dworkin, J.P. Characteristics of frontal lispers clustered according to severity. Journal of Speech & Hearing Disorders, 45:37-44, 1980.
9. Dworkin, J.P., Aronson, A.E. & Mulder, D.W. Tongue force in normals and dysarthric patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Journal of Speech & Hearing Research, 23:828-837, 1980.
10. Dworkin, J.P., Hartman D.E. & Keith, R.L. Tongue strength following total laryngectomy (Part I). Laryngoscope, 90:680-684, 1980.
11. Dworkin, J.P., & Hartman, D.E. Tongue strength in artificial alaryngeal speech (Part II).
Laryngoscope, 90:867-870, 1980.
12. Dworkin, J.P. & Culatta, R.A. Tongue strength: Its relationship to tongue thrusting, open bite and articulatory proficiency. Journal of Speech & Hearing Disorders, 45:277-282, 1980.
13. Dworkin, J.P. & Johns, D.F. Management of Velopharyngeal incompetence in dysarthria: A historical review. Clinical Otolaryngology & Allied Sciences, 5:61-74, 1980.
14. Dworkin, J.P. & Sparker, A. Surgical vocal rehabilitation following total laryngectomy: a state of the art report. Clinical Otolaryngology & Allied Sciences, 5: 339-351, 1980.
15. Dworkin, J.P. Tongue strength measurement in patients with ALS: Qualitative vs. quantitative procedures. Archives of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, 61: 422-424, 1980.
16. Monahan, D. & Dworkin, J.P. A brief review of vocal nodules. Kentucky Journal of Speech- Language Pathology & Audiology, 4: 20-24, 1980.
17. Dworkin, J.P. Book review. Clinical Otolaryngology & Allied Sciences, 1981.
18. Dworkin, J.P. Book review. Clinical Otolaryngology & Allied Sciences, 1982.
19. Hartman, D.E. & Dworkin J.P. Ratings of manual activity for two forms of alaryngeal speech. Australian Journal of Human Communication, 10:31-36, 1982.
20. Dworkin, J.P. Glossectomy: a case report. Archives of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, 63: 182-183, 1982.
21. Dworkin, J.P. & Banton, A. Esophageal vs. artificial instrument speech rehabilitation methods for the laryngectomee. Clinical Otolaryngology & Allied Sciences, 7: 269-277, 1982.
23. Dworkin, J.P. Book review. Clinical Otolaryngology & Allied Sciences, 1983.
24. Dworkin, J.P. Book review. Clinical Otolaryngology & Allied Sciences, 1984.
25. Dworkin, J.P. Dysphagia. Journal of Childhood Communication Disorders, 7: 48-54, 1985.
26. Dworkin, J.P. & Culatta, R.A. Oral structural and neuromuscular characteristics in children with normal and disordered articulation. Journal of Speech & Hearing Disorders, 50:150-156, 1985.
27. Dworkin, J.P. & Aronson, A.E. Tongue Strength and Alternate Motion Rates in Normal and Dysarthric Subjects. Journal of Communication Disorders, 1986
28. Dworkin, J.P., Abkarian G.G. & Johns, D.F. Apraxia of Speech: A Therapeutic Regimen. Journal of Speech & Hearing Disorders, 53:280-294, 1988.
29. Dworkin, J.P. & Culatta, R.A. Some comments about oropharyngeal motor development in children. Journal of Speech & Hearing Disorders, 53: 483-485, 1988.
30. Dworkin, J.P. & Petrucci-Coley, T. Closed head injury:A look from the speech physiology lab. Texas Journal of Audiology & Speech Pathology, 14: 8-13, 1988.
31. Dworkin, J.P. & Nadal, J.C. Nonsurgical treatment of drooling in a patient with closed head injury and severe dysarthria. Dysphagia, 6:40-49, 1991.
32. Hartman, D. & Dworkin, J.P. Motor speech disorders. Gundersen Clinic Journal of Medicine, May, 1993.
33. Abkarian, G.G. & Dworkin, J.P. Treatment of Severe Motor Speech Disorders. Give speech a chance. Journal of Medical Speech-Language Pathology, 1:285-287, 1993.
34. Purser, S., Meleca, R., Dworkin, J.P. & Stachler, R. The action of the cricoarytenoid joint: A reappraisal. Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery, 113, 169-170, 1995.
35. Dworkin, J.P. & Arden R.L. Phonosurgical Management of Laryngeal Lupus. Journal of Medical Speech-Language Pathology, 3, 201-215, 1995.
36. Dworkin, J.P. Bite Block Therapy for oromandibular Dystonia. Journal of Medical Speech- Language Pathology, 4:47-56, 1996.
37. Dworkin, J.P. & Abkarian, G. Treatment of phonation in a patient with dysarthria secondary to severe closed head injury. Journal of Medical Speech -Language Pathology, 4:105-116, 1996.
38. Dworkin, J.P. & Aref, A. Voice laboratory measures following RT for T1N0 glottic CA. Journal of Medical Speech-Language Pathology, 5:61-73, 1997.
39. Aref, A., Dworkin, J., Devi, S. Denton, L., & Fontanesi, J. Objective evaluation of the quality of voice following RT for T1 glottic CA. Radiotherapy & Oncology, 45:149-153, 1997.
40. Danish, M. Dworkin, J.P., & Meleca, R. Airway obstruction, saccular cysts: A review of the disease entity and treatment approach emphasizing complete endoscopic CO2 laser excision. Archives of Otolaryngology, 124: 593-596, 1998.
41. Dworkin, J., Meleca, R., Simpson, M., Zormeier, M., Garfield, I., Jacobs,J., & Mathog, R. Pharyngoesophageal segment vibratory characteristics in total laryngectomeeds who use the tracheoesophageal method of speech production.Laryngoscope, 108, 12: 1773-81, 1998.
42. Arden, R., Dworkin, J., & Garfield, I. Marlex mesh suspension of the floor of mouth in the glossectomee. Operative techniques in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, 9, 3:119- 122, 1998.
43. Dworkin, J., Meleca, R., Simpson, M., Zormeier, M., Garfield, I., Jacobs, Mathog, R. Vibratory characteristics of the PE segment in total laryngectomees. Journal of Medical Speech-Language Pathology, 7: 1-18, 1999.
44. Dworkin, J., Meleca, R., Abkarian, G. et al. Phonation subsystem of laryngectomees following RT for T1 glottic carcinoma: A prospective voice laboratory investigation. Journal of Medical Speech-Language Pathology, 7: 181-194, 1999.
45. Zormeier, M., Meleca, R., Dworkin, J., & Simpson, M., Botox injection to improve TE speech after total laryngectomy. Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery, 120: 314-319, 1999.
46. Dworkin, J.P. & Meleca, R. Behavioral therapy for organic voice tremor. Phonoscope, 2: 113- 122, 1999.
47. Dworkin, J.P., Rachel, J., & Meleca, R. Evaluation of postsurgical vocal fold paralysis. Phonoscope, 2: 193-202, 1999.
48. Dworkin, J.P. & Meleca, R. Muscle tension dysphonia. Current Opinion in Otolaryngology, 8: 169-173, 2000.
49. Dworkin, J.P., Meleca, R., & Garfield, I., Use of topical Lidocaine in the treatment of muscle tension dysphonia. Journal of Voice, 14: 567-575, 2000.
50. Ahsan, S., Dworkin, J.P. & Meleca, R. Botox of the cricopharyngeal muscle for treatment of dysphagia. Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery, 112: 691-695, 2000.
51. Meleca, R., Dworkin, J., Zormeier, M., Simpson, M, et al. Videosroboscopy of the P-E Segment in laryngectomees treated with Botox. Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery, 123: 38-43, 2000.
52. Zacharek, M., Pasha, R., Meleca, R., Dworkin, J., et al. Functional outcomes after supracricoid laryngectomy. Laryngoscope, 111: 1558-1564, 2001.
53. Dworkin, J.P., Meleca, R., & Culatta, R. Laryngeal manifestations of speech dysfluency: Topical anesthesia treatment approach. Laryngoscope, 112: 936-937, 2002.
54. Dworkin, J.P., Meleca, R., Oh, C., & Simpson, M. Use of esophageal videoendoscopy for the differential diagnosis and treatment of poor TE speech. Journal of Medical Speech Language Pathology, 10: 133-142, 2002.
55. Dworkin, J.P., Culatta, R., Abkarian, G., & Meleca, R. Laryngeal anesthetization for the treatment of acquired disfluency: A case study. Journal of Fluency Disorders, 27: 215-226, 2002.
56. Leonard, R., Dworkin, J.P., Meleca, R., Colton, R., et al. Assessment of the disordered voice. Journal of Medical Speech language Pathology, 10: 111-131, 2002.
57. Oh, C., Meleca, R., Simpson, M. & Dworkin, J. Fiberoptic examinatin of the P-E segment in tracheoesophageal speakers. Archives of Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery, 128: 692-697, 2002.
58. Meleca, R., Dworkin, J., Kewson, D., Stachler, R, & Hill, S. Functional outcomes following non-surgical treatment for advanced stage laryngeal carcinoma. Laryngoscope , 113, 720-728, 2003.
59. Dworkin, J.P., Meleca, R. & Stachler, R. More on the role of the mandible in speech production: Clinical correlates of Green, Moore and Reilly’s findings. Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research , 46, 1016-1020 (2003).
60. Abkarian, G., Dworkin, J.P. & Abkarian, A. Fathers’ speech to their children: Perfect pitch or tin ear? Fathering, 1: 27-50, 2003.
61. Reidy, P., Dworkin, J.P., & Krouse, J. Laryngeal effects of antigen stimulation challenge with perennial allergen D. Pteronyssinus. Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery, 128, 455-462 (2003).
62. Dworkin, J.P., Meleca, R., Zacharek, M., Stachler, R., Pasha, R. et al. Voice and deglutition functioning following the supracricoid laryngectomy and total laryngectomy procedures for advanced stage laryngeal carcinoma. Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery, 129, 311-320 (2003).
63. Karpenko, A., Dworkin, J.P., Meleca, R. & Stachler, R. Cymetra injection for unilateral vocal fold paralysis. Annals Otology Rhinology Laryngology, 112, 927-934 (2003).
64. Dworkin, J.P., Abkarian, G., Stachler, R., Culatta, R. & Meleca, R. Is voice amplification for teachers with dysphonia really beneficial? Journal Speech, Language, & Hearing Research, 47, 353-357 (2004).
65. Dworkin, J.P., Marunick, M.T., & Krouse, J.H. Velopharyngeal dysfunction: speech characteristics, variable etiologies, evaluation techniques, and differential treatments. Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools, 35, 333-353 (2004).
66. Dworkin, J.P., Marunick, M.T., & Stachler, R. Neurogenic velopharyngeal incompetence: Multidisciplinary diagnosis and treatment. Journal of Applied Research in Clinical Dentistry, 1, 35-46 (2004).
67. Dworkin, J.P., Stachler, R.J., Kewson, D., Meleca, R.J., & Garfield, I. Videostroboscopy, mirror, and fiberoptic laryngoscopy: Objective comparisons. Journal of Medical Speech- Language Pathology, 12, 99-106 (2004).
68. Dworkin, J. Apraxia of speech. The Gale Encyclopedia of Neurological Disorders, 2004.
69. Dworkin, J. The dysarthrias. The Gale Encyclopedia of Neurological Disorders. 2004.
70. Dworkin, J.P., Hill, S., Stachler, R.J., & Kewson, D. Swallowing function outcomes following nonsurgical therapy for advanced stage laryngeal carcinoma. Dysphagia , 10, 66-74 (2006).
71. Dworkin, J.P., Stachler, R.J., Shaw, A., & Meleca, R.J. Medialization thyroplasty versus injection laryngoplasty for unilateral vocal fold paralysis: A comparative analysis of functional outcomes. Journal of Medical Speech-Language pathology, 14, 1-13 (2006).
72. Dworkin, J.P., Dickson, M., Stachler, R. & Yoo, G. Tracheoesophageal speech rehabilitation: Managing complications to ensure successful treatment outcomes. Journal of Medical Speech- language Pathology, 14, 97-109 (2006).
73. Dworkin, J.P. Laryngeal inflammation: Types, causes, & treatments. Otolaryngologic Clinics of North America, 419-436 (2008).
74. Krouse, J., Dworkin, J., Carron, M., & Stachler, R. Baseline laryngeal effects among individuals with dust mite allergy. Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery, 149-151 (2008).
75. Dworkin, J.P., Reidy, P., Krouse, J.H. & Stachler, R.J. Effects of sequential dust mite stimulation: on the anatomy and physiology of the larynx. ENT Journal, 88, 793-799 (2009).
76. Dworkin, J.P. & Treadway, C. Idiopathic vocal fold paralysis: Treatments and outcomes. Journal of Neurological Sciences , 284, 56-62 (2009).
77. Mao, J., Kayali, F., Dworkin, J., Stachler, R., & Mathog, R. Conservative management of iatrogenic esophageal perforation in head and neck cancer patients with esophageal stricture. Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery, 505-511 (2009).
78. Dworkin, J.P., Klapchar, R., & Madgy, D. Masses that arise within or encroach upon the parapharyngeal space. Journal of Medical Speech-Language Pathology , 19, 31-44 (2011).
79. Dyer, S., Sirigiri, R., Saraiya, S., Dworkin, JP., et al. Congenital lobular capillary hemangioma of the larynx. International Journal of Pediatric Otolaryngology, (2011).
80. Humphreys, I, Saraiya, S., Belenky, W, & Dworkin, J. Nasal Packing with Strips of Cured Pork as Treatment for Uncontrollable Epistaxis in a Patient with GlanzmannThrombasthenia. Annals of Otology, Rhinology, & Laryngology, 120 (11), 732- 736, (2011).
81. Thottam,P.J., Haupert,M., Saraiya, S., Dworkin,J.P., Sirigiri,R., & Belenky, W. Functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS) alone versus balloon catheter sinuplasty (BCS) and ethmoidectomy: A comparative outcome analysis in pediatric chronic rhinosinusitis, Int. J. Pediatic Otorhinolaryngol, 76 (9),1355-60 (2012).
82. Dworkin, J. Dysarthria.The Gale Encyclopedia of Neurological Disorders, Second Edition. Ed.Brigham Narins, Gale, (2012).
83. Meshkinfam, S., Haupert, M., Poulik, J., Dworkin, J., Tabassum, F., Zegarra-Linares, R.McGrath, E. Mycobacterium Avium Complex Associated Bronchocentric Granulomatosis of the Mainstem Bronchus in an Immunocompetent Child Presenting as an Airway Foreign Body. Consultant in Primary Care, 108-110, February, (2013).
84. Dyer, S., Durvasula,P., Bathula,S., Sana,S., Madgy,D., Haupert,M., & Dworkin,J. Intraoperative Use of FloSeal to Prevent Adverse Postoperative Outcomes in pediatric patients. Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, 149, 312-317 (2013).85. Rutt, A., Dworkin,J., & Stern, N. Supraglottic Obstruction in an adult with inspiratory arytenoid cartilage prolapse. Otolaryngology (open access) 4: 165 (2014).
86. Dworkin, J.P., Thottam,P.J., Madgy, D., & Saraiya, S. Pathologies that Threaten the Pediatric Airway. Journal of Medical Speech-Language Pathology, 21 (2), 91-106, (2014).87. Cannito, M., Chorna, L., Kahane, J, & Dworkin, J. Influence of voicing characteristics on sentence productions in abductor versus adductor spasmodic dysphonia. Journal of Voice, 28 (3), 394-407 (2014).
88. Rutt, A., Dworkin J., Kim H, et al. Swallowing function after non-surgical treatment for advanced hypopharyngeal or laryngeal cancer. Journal of Medical Speech-Language pathology, 21 (4), 357-368 (2014).89. P.J. Thottam, C. Metz, M.C. Kieu, J. Dworkin-Valenti, J. Jagini. FESS versus Balloon Sinuplasty as Long-term Treatment for Pediatric Chronic Rhinosinusitis: A 2-Year Post- operative Analysis. Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, January, (2015).
90. Dworkin-Valenti, J., Dowdall, J., Kubik, M, Thottam, P., & Folbe, A. Role of the modified barium swallow study and esophagram in patients with chief complaints of a globus sensation. Dysphagia, DOI 10.1007/s00455-015-9629-y, (2015).91. Belafsky, P, Peake, J, Smiley-Jewell, S, Verma, S, Dworkin-Valenti, J., & Pinkerton, K. Eosinophilic laryngitis. Laryngoscope, November, DOI:10.1002/lary.25467, (2015).
92. Sugihara, E., Dworkin-Valenti, J., Thottam, P., & Taweel, J. Numb Chin Syndrome and Metastatic Lung Adenocarcinoma: A Prolonged Outcome and Propensity for Younger Age. Jacobs Journal of Otolaryngology, 1(2): 010, (2015).93. Dworkin-Valenti, J , Vandjelovic, N. & Bathula,S. The therapeutic value of trans-cricothyroid injections for intractable conversion reaction mutism. Annals of Rhinology, Laryngology, Otology, 2(8): 1055, (2015).
94. Dworkin-Valenti, J. Sugihara, E., Stern, N., et al. Laryngeal inflammation. Annals of Rhinology, Laryngology, Otology, 2(9): 1058, (2015).95. Klapchar, R., Crigger, B., & Dworkin-Valenti, J. Proliferating trichilemmal cyst with lymphadenopathy: A discussion of cutaneous neoplasms involving the scalp. Journal of Ear,
Nose, and Throat Disorders, 1 (1) 1002, 1-4 (2016).96. Lane, J., Dworkin-Valenti, J., & Haupert, M. Postoperative Tonsillectomy Bleeding Complications in Children: A Comparison of Three Surgical Techniques. International Journal of Pediatric Otolaryngology, 88, 184-188 (2016).
97. Kelley, B., Vandjelovic, N., Neil, D., Amjad, E. & Dworkin-Valenti, J. Tumoral calcinosis involving the airway. Journal of Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders, 1 (1):1101-1104 (2016).98. Dworkin-Valenti, J., McNulty, B., Amjad, E., Sugihara, E., and Naumann, I. Otogenic versus neurogenic dizziness: The neurotology perspective. Current Trends in Neurology, 10, 1-12 (2016).
99. Stachler, R. & Dworkin-Valenti, J. Allergic Laryngitis: Unraveling the Myths.
Current Opinion in Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery, 25, 242-246 (2017).100. Patel, S., Dworkin-Valenti, J., & Haupert, M. Secondary airway lesions in patients with laryngomalacia. Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery. In Submission.
101. Szekely, J., Amjad, E., Evans, M., & Dworkin-Valenti, J. Plummer Vinson Syndrome: Fatal progression in an African American female. Annals of Otolaryngology and Rhinology, 4:1192-1194 (2017).102. Dworkin-Valenti, J., Stachler, R., Stern, N., & Amjad, E. Pathophysiologic perspectives on muscle tension dysphonia. Annals of Otolaryngology and Rhinology. In Submission.
Research Interest: Otorhinolaryngology head and neck surgery、 auditory implant、air cells injury and regeneration、 cochlea stem cells.
Research Interest: I. Head and neck oncology II. Organ preservation by minimally invasive surgery, laser and robotic surgery III. Oncologic research: chemo- & radio-resistant mechanism, ROS, cancer metabolism, p53 reactivation, ceramide metabolism IV. Quality of Life of head and neck cancer patients V. Laryngology.
Research Interest: Otolaryngology specialist,# Clinical otology and neurotology, Otologic and Neurotologic research (middle ear surgery and inner ear disease (sensorineural hearing loss ), # Basic research, Bone metabolism of middle ear, Drug and gene therapy , Protection of cochlear damage.
Research Interest: Thyroid surgery, Thyroid cancer, Head and Neck Oncology, Robotic Head and Neck Surgery.
Research Interest: Immunology of upper respiratory tract, tumor immunology and biology of head and neck cancer.
Research Interest: Radionuclide neurology, 2. Radionuclide oncology-Head and Neck cancer, 3. Radionuclide oncology-Esophageal cancer.
Research Interest: Oral and oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma, Translational researches in oral cancer ,Clinical trials in head and neck cancer.
Research Interest: Neck Surgery.
Published On: July 30, 2018 | Pages: 048 - 049Abstract View Full Article View DOI: 10.17352/2455-1759.000075
Published On: June 30, 2018 | Pages: 044 - 047Abstract View Full Article View DOI: 10.17352/2455-1759.000074
Published On: June 20, 2018 | Pages: 037 - 043Abstract View Full Article View DOI: 10.17352/2455-1759.000073
Published On: June 20, 2018 | Pages: 035 - 036Abstract View Full Article View DOI: 10.17352/2455-1759.000072
Published On: May 24, 2018 | Pages: 030 - 034Abstract View Full Article View DOI: 10.17352/2455-1759.000071
Published On: February 02, 2018 | Pages: 027 - 029Abstract View Full Article View DOI: 10.17352/2455-1759.000070
Published On: January 30, 2018 | Pages: 023 - 026Abstract View Full Article View DOI: 10.17352/2455-1759.000069
Published On: January 20, 2018 | Pages: 015 - 018Abstract View Full Article View DOI: 10.17352/2455-1759.000067
Published On: January 08, 2018 | Pages: 011 - 014Abstract View Full Article View DOI: 10.17352/2455-1759.000066
Published On: January 05, 2018 | Pages: 001 - 010Abstract View Full Article View DOI: 10.17352/2455-1759.000065
Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, USA
Archives of Clinical Hypertension
Osmar Antonio Centurion
Asuncion National University, Paraguay
Global Journal of Medical and Clinical Case Reports
Sassari University, Italy
Archive of Urological Research
Hon. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Global Journal of Obesity, Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
CHA University, Republic of Korea
International Journal of Immunotherapy and Cancer Research
Dr. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Archive of Gerontology and Geriatrics Research
Southeastern University, China
Trends in Computer Science and Information Technology
Metaxas Memorial Anticancer Hospital , Greece
Annals of Bone Marrow Research
Former member of MGH, USA
International Journal of Immunotherapy and Cancer Research
Arghya Narayan Banerjee
Yeungnam University, South Korea
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine