Research Interest: Orthopedic Rehabilitation; Sports Rehabilitation; Chronic pain; Matrix Rhythm Therapy
Research Interest: Physical therapy, primary health care
PhD and full professor at the Department of Physical Education and Sports (University of Seville). He collaborates with several foreign research centers and has been an author in the main journals of the biomedical field, highlighting his contribution in the manual Exercise and Chronic Disease. An Evidence-Based Approach in the Editorial Routledge or publications in APMR, CER or EJAP. As a result of these studies, he received a prestigious research award at the XVII Andalusian Institute of Sport Sports Research Awards. In addition to a clear line focused on physical activity and health (especially focused on fibromyalgia, diabetes, aging or practice habits), has developed in parallel studies related to sport sciences, again, with very positive results as international publications in the JSS or the JSCR, among others. During these years he has participated in numerous research projects both with the public administration (Ministry of Education and Science and Ministry of Health of the Junta de Andalucía), and the private sector (Sevilla FC SAD or PowerPlate) and is part of the Editorial Committee or external reviewer from prestigious international journals (eg AC&R, J Pain Res, Mayo Clinics, etc.). In short, and as a member of the Andalusian Center for Research in Physical Activity, Health and Sport, is very aware of the importance of physical exercise to improve the health and physical condition of the population.
Research Interest: Fibromyalgia, Obesity, Exercise, Strength Training
List of Pubications:
1. Sañudo B. (2017). Nuevas tecnologías aplicadas a la actividad física y el deporte. Thomson-Aranzadi. ISBN. ISBN: 978-84-9177-316-0
2. Sañudo B. (2016). El caso de las wearable technologies en la actividad física y el deporte. En: Emprendiendo en el sector deportivo. Thomson-Aranzadi. ISBN. 978-84-9099-588-4
3. García J. - Sañudo, B, Sánchez, A., Fernández J., Pozo-Cruz, J. (2015). Emprendimiento y Deporte: de la teoría a la aplicación. ISBN. 978-84-16326-50-1.
4. Borja Sañudo, Vicente Martínez, José Muñoa. (2012). Actividad Física en Poblaciones Especiales. Salud y Calidad de Vida. Sevilla: Wanceulen Editorial Deportiva. ISBN. 978-84-9993-000-0
5. Borja Sañudo, Jerónimo García. (2012). Nuevas Orientaciones para una actividad física saludable en centro de fitness. Sevilla: Wanceulen Editorial Deportiva. ISBN. 978-84-9993-219-4
6. Borja Sañudo, Adrián Feria (2012). Cáncer de mama y ejercicio físico: Bases para su prescripción. En: AF en Poblaciones Especiales. Salud y CdV. Wanceulen Editorial Deportiva. Pp 155-165
7. Iván Chulvi, Fernando Mata, Borja Sañudo, Marzo da Silva (2012). Entrenamiento funcional en personas mayores. En: AF en Poblaciones Especiales. Salud y CdV. Wanceulen Editorial Deportiva. Pp 167-191
8. Borja Sañudo, Delfín Galiano. (2012). La actividad física en personas con Fibromialgia. En: La práctica de actividades físico-deportivas en personas con patologías. MAD SL. Pp 227-252
9. Sañudo B. Fibromyalgia. (2011). In Saxton JM. Exercise and Chronic Disease. An Evidence-Based Approach. Routledge. 9780415498616
10. Sañudo B, Muñoz T, Davison GW, Lopez-Lluch G, Del Pozo-Cruz J. High-Intensity Interval Training Combined With Vibration and Dietary Restriction Improves Body Composition and Blood Lipids in Obese Adults: A Randomized Trial. Dose Response. 2018;16(3):1559325818797.
11. Russell D, Álvarez Gallardo IC, Wilson I, Hughes CM, Davison GW, Sañudo B, McVeigh JG. 'Exercise to me is a scary word': perceptions of fatigue, sleep dysfunction, and exercise in people with fibromyalgia syndrome-a focus group study. Rheumatol Int. 2018 Mar;38(3):507-515.
12. Sá-Caputo D, Paineiras-Domingos L, Carvalho-Lima R,… Sañudo B, Bernardo-Filho M. Potential effects of whole-body vibration exercises on blood flow kinetics of different populations: a systematic review with a suitable approach. Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. 2017 Jul 7;14(4 Suppl):41-51
13. Sañudo B, de Hoyo M, Del Pozo-Cruz J, Carrasco L, Del Pozo-Cruz B, Tejero S, Firth E. A systematic review of the exercise effect on bone health: the importance of assessing mechanical loading in perimenopausal and postmenopausal women. Menopause. 2017 Oct;24(10):1208-1216.
14. Muñoz-Vera T, Sañudo B, del Pozo-Cruz B, del Pozo-Cruz J, Sánchez-Oliver AJ, Lopez-Lluch G. Influence of the level of physical activity on physical fitness, lipid profile and health outcomes in overweight/obese adults with similar nutritional status. Science & Sports, 2017; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scispo.2016.05.006
15. de Hoyo M, Sañudo B, Carrasco L, Mateo-Cortes J, Domínguez-Cobo S, Fernandes O, Del Ojo JJ, Gonzalo-Skok O. Effects of 10-week eccentric overload training on kinetic parameters during change of direction in football players. J Sports Sci. 2016 Jul;34(14):1380-7.
16. de Hoyo M, Cohen DD, Sañudo B, Carrasco L, Álvarez-Mesa A, Del Ojo JJ, Domínguez-Cobo S, Mañas V, Otero-Esquina C. Influence of football match time-motion parameters on recovery time course of muscle damage and jump ability. J Sports Sci. 2016 Jul;34(14):1363-70.
17. de Hoyo M, Gonzalo-Skok O, Sañudo B, Carrascal C, Plaza-Armas JR, Camacho-Candil F, Otero-Esquina C. Comparative Effects of In-Season Full-Back Squat, Resisted Sprint Training, and Plyometric Training on Explosive Performance in U-19 Elite Soccer Players. J Strength Cond Res. 2016 Feb;30(2):368-77.
18. Sañudo B, Rueda D, Pozo-Cruz BD, de Hoyo M, Carrasco L. Validation of a Video Analysis Software Package for Quantifying Movement Velocity in Resistance Exercises. J Strength Cond Res. 2016 Oct;30(10):2934-41.
19. de Hoyo M, Sañudo B, Carrasco L, Domínguez-Cobo S, Mateo-Cortes J, Cadenas-Sánchez MM, Nimphius S. Effects of Traditional Versus Horizontal Inertial Flywheel Power Training on Common Sport-Related Tasks. J Hum Kinet. 2015 Oct 14;47:155-67.
20. Tejero S, Cejudo P, Quintana-Gallego E, Sañudo B, Oliva-Pascual-Vaca A. The role of daily physical activity and nutritional status on bone turnover in cystic fibrosis: a cross-sectional study. Braz J Phys Ther. 2016 Mar 18. pii: S1413-35552016005004102.
21. Sañudo B, César-Castillo M, Tejero S, Cordero-Arriaza FJ, Oliva-Pascual-Vaca Á, Figueroa A. Effects of Vibration on Leg Blood Flow After Intense Exercise and Its Influence on Subsequent Exercise Performance. J Strength Cond Res. 2016 Apr;30(4):1111-7.
22. Álvarez Barbosa F, Del Pozo-Cruz B, Del Pozo-Cruz J, Alfonso-Rosa RM, Sañudo B, Rogers ME. Factors Associated with the Risk of Falls of Nursing Home Residents Aged 80 or Older. Rehabilitation Nursing, 2015.
23. Del Pozo-Cruz J, Alfonso-Rosa RM, Castillo-Cuerva A, Sañudo B, Nolan P, Del Pozo-Cruz B. Depression symptoms are associated with key health outcomes in women with fibromyalgia: a cross-sectional study. Int J Rheum Dis. 2015 Jul 14. doi: 10.1111/1756-185X.12564.
24. Alfonso-Rosa RM, Del Pozo-Cruz J, Del Pozo-Cruz B, Sañudo B, Abellán JM. Cost-utility analysis of a 12-week whole-body vibration based treatment for people with type 2 diabetes: reanalysis of a RCT in a primary care context. Public Health. 2015. pii: S0033-3506(15)00092-X.
25. de Hoyo M, Pozzo M, Sañudo B, Carrasco L, Gonzalo-Skok O, Domínguez-Cobo S, Morán-Camacho E. Effects of a 10-week in-season eccentric-overload training program on muscle-injury prevention and performance in junior elite soccer players. IJSP. 2015 Jan;10(1):46-52.
26. Sañudo B, Carrasco L, de Hoyo M, Figueroa A, Saxton JM. Vagal modulation and symptomatology following a 6-month aerobic exercise program for women with fibromyalgia. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2015 Jan-Feb;33(1 Suppl 88):S41-5. Epub 2015 Mar 17.
27. de Hoyo M, de la Torre A, Pradas F, Sañudo B, Carrasco L, Mateo-Cortes J, Domínguez-Cobo S, Fernandes O, Gonzalo-Skok O. Effects of eccentric overload bout on change of direction and performance in soccer players. Int J Sports Med. 2015 Apr;36(4):308-14.
28. Russell D, Álvarez-Gallardo IC, Hughes CM, Davison GW, Sañudo B, McVeigh JG. The Effectiveness of Exercise in the Management of Fatigue and Sleep Dysfunction in Fibromyalgia Syndrome: A Systematic Review. Rheumatology; 2014; 10.1093/rheumatology/keu116.001
29. del Pozo-Cruz B, Alfonso-R, del Pozo-Cruz J, Sañudo B, Rogers ME. Effects of a 12-wk whole-body vibration based intervention to improve type 2 diabetes. Maturitas. 2014 Jan;77(1):52-8.
30. Alfonso-Rosa RM, Del Pozo-Cruz B, Del Pozo-Cruz J, Sañudo B, Rogers ME. Test-Retest Reliability and Minimal Detectable Change Scores for Fitness Assessment in Older Adults with Type 2 Diabetes. Rehabil Nurs. 2014; 39(5):260-8.
31. Sañudo B, Alfonso-Rosa R, Del Pozo-Cruz B, et al. WBV training improves leg blood flow and adiposity in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2013 Sep;113(9):2245-52.
32. Del Pozo-Cruz J, Alfonso-Rosa RM, Ugia JL, McVeigh JG, Pozo-Cruz BD, Sañudo B. A primary care-based randomized controlled trial of 12-week whole-body vibration for balance improvement in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2013 Nov;94(11):2112-8.
33. Alfonso-Rosa RM, Del Pozo-Cruz B, Del Pozo-Cruz J, Sañudo B. The relationship between nutritional status, functional capacity, and health-related quality of life in older adults with type 2 diabetes: a pilot explanatory study. J Nutr Health Aging. 2013 Apr;17(4):315-21.
34. Sañudo B, Carrasco L, de Hoyo M, Oliva-Pascual-Vaca Á, Rodríguez-Blanco C. Changes in body balance and functional performance following whole-body vibration training in patients with fibromyalgia syndrome: a randomized controlled trial. J Rehabil Med. 2013 Jul;45(7):678-84.
35. Del Pozo-Cruz B, Alfonso-Rosa RM, Del Pozo-Cruz J, Sañudo B, Rogers ME. Effects of a 12-wk whole-body vibration intervention to improve type 2 diabetes. Maturitas. 2013. 5122(13)00289-2.
36. Sañudo B, César-Castillo M, Tejero S, et al. Cardiac autonomic response during recovery from a maximal exercise using whole body vibration. Complement Ther Med. 2013 Aug;21(4):294-9.
37. de Hoyo M, Álvarez-Mesa A, Sañudo B, Carrasco L, Domínguez S. Immediate effect of kinesio taping on muscle response in young elite soccer players. J Sport Rehabil. 2013 Feb;22(1):53-8.
38. Sañudo B, Carrasco L, de Hoyo M, McVeigh JG. Effects of exercise training and detraining in patients with fibromyalgia syndrome: a 3-yr longitudinal study. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2012 Jul;91(7):561-9; quiz 570-3
39. Sañudo B, de Hoyo M, Carrasco L, et al. Effect of whole-body vibration exercise on balance in women with fibromyalgia syndrome: a randomized controlled trial. J Altern Complement Med. 2012 Feb;18(2):158-64
40. Sañudo B, Feria A, Carrasco L, de Hoyo M, Santos R, Gamboa H. Gender differences in knee stability in response to whole-body vibration. J Strength Cond Res. 2012 Aug;26(8):2156-65.
41. Sañudo B, Galiano D, Carrasco L, et al. Effects of a prolonged exercise program on key health outcomes in women with fibromyalgia: a randomized controlled trial. J Rehabil Med. 2011 May;43(6):521-6.
C.2. Research projects and grants:
• I+D projects: 5(1 IP); Funds: ≈ 170.000€
• Contracts with companies: 14 (6 IP); ≈20.000€
Research Interest: Paediatric Physical Therapy, neurobiology of physical exercise and euroscience.
Skype I.D: herculesfisio
Research Interest: Kinanthropometry, Exercise Physiology
Research Interest: Exercise training, sirtuin, myocardial infarction, heart failure, inflammation
Research Interest: Mindfulness; Positive Psychology; Psychological Wellbeing; Physiological Wellbeing
Research Interest: Sports medicine and physiotherapy
Research Interest: Pain, health management, pain management and cost economy
Research Interest: Knee Surgery, Shoulder Surgery, Sports Medicine, Arthroscopic Surgery, 3D-Printing
Research Interest: Ultrasonography; ultrasound imaging; muscle morphology; Achilles tendon; sonoelastography; imaging
Research Interest: Biomechanics, spine, diagnostic ultrasound imaging, rehabilitation
Research Interest: Elite athletes, spirometry, genetics, gene polymorphisms, body composition assessment.
Published On: December 31, 2017 | Pages: 021 - 025Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation
Published On: November 03, 2017 | Pages: 018 - 020Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation
Published On: July 03, 2017 | Pages: 016 - 017Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation
Published On: June 01, 2017 | Pages: 010 - 015Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation
Published On: March 23, 2017 | Pages: 005 - 009Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation
Published On: February 07, 2017 | Pages: 001 - 004Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation
Published On: December 30, 2016 | Pages: 005 - 006Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation
Published On: May 20, 2016 | Pages: 001 - 004Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation
The comments from editors and reviewers are agreeable. I think that my suggestion is to get indexing in Pubmed. Manuscript submission process is simple and user friendly. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. I surely recommend to others to submit their works in this journal. The submission and publication time line process of manuscripts are quick and timely. I like the quick and rapid publication process in the journal. I can easily find the required information on the journal webpage.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and satisfactory. The journal should try hard to be indexed in Web of Science. Manuscript submission process is fast flowing. I recommend this journal to others for publication of their valuable research work. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is timely response. The required information is easily available on the website.
I like to continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and satisfactory. The journal should accept high quality manuscripts. Manuscript submission process in this journal is smooth and user friendly. I definitely recommend this journal to get indexed in major indexing platforms. I will recommend my co experts to submit their manuscripts for supporting the journal. The time line between submission and publication of manuscript is Hassel-free. I can find the required information in the website easily.
The steps for publication in the journal are clear, fast and runs smoothly. The staff are very helpful and the
reviewer comments were logical and constructive. The final proofs were accurate and v. elegant.c
I like to continue my association as an editor in this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers is satisfactory. The journal should accept high impact articles as well as editorials from editors and reviewers. Manuscript submission process is easy. I recommend this journal for reputed indexing services. I ensure that I recommend my co-experts who were related with this journal to submit their research works. I am satisfied with submission and publication process.The guidelines for submitting articles is easily accessible on the website. The required information will easily access from website.
The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and professional. The manuscript submission process in this journal is user friendly. I will definetely recomend this journal for getting major indexing platforms. I recomend my staff and friends who were experts in this journal to submit their works in this journal. The process between submission and publication timeline in this journal are satisfactory. I mostly like the rapid review process in this journal.
The required information can get easily on the journal webpage.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair. Manuscript submission process is quick and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommended this journal to others for publication of their valuable research works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is quick reply and short time process. The required information is easily available on the website.
I continue my association with this journal and confer my services for journal growth. The comments from editors and reviewers are meaningful and fair. The journal should accept more review and research articles which can help in journal citation. The manuscript submission process in this journal is user friendly. I recommend this journal to get major reputed indexing platforms. I recommend to some of my colleagues to submit their valuable research works in this journal in coming future. Manuscript submission and publication time line process is satisfactory. I mostly like the rapid response from this journal. The required information is easily available on the website.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. Indexing in the major search engines such as PubMed. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommend this journal to my colleagues for publication of their research works. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
I strongly recommend this journal for getting indexing services in major platform. I recommend my colleagues to submit the works to this journal. I mostly like the author acceptance letter in this journal.
University of Siena, Italy
International Journal of Oral and Craniofacial Science
ReGenera R&D International for Aging Intervention & San Babila Clinic, Milano, Italy
Archives of Clinical Gastroenterology
Beijing University of Technology , PR China
Journal of Civil Engineering and Environmental Sciences
Taipei Medical University, Taiwan
Archives of Nursing Practice and Care
Jose Manuel Ramia-Angel
Guadalajara University Hospital , Spain
Journal of Surgery and Surgical Research
Catholic University of Rome, Italy
Open Journal of Orthopedics and Rheumatology
Leeds Beckett University, UK
Archives of Community Medicine and Public Health
California South University, USA
Open Journal of Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry
Vingolo Enzo Maria
Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
Journal of Clinical Research and Ophthalmology
University of Padua, Italy
Journal of Gynecological Research and Obstetrics