Hon. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Tel: +1 418-525-4444
Fax: +1 418-654-2753
Research Interest: Deep Specialization
in Research Involve; Obesity and Associated Disorder, Its Mechanism and
Treatment. Metabolic Syndrome-Food Additives and Its Effect on the Bodyorgans. Also
the Biochemical, Oxidative Stress and Advanced Biomarkers in Health and
Diseases. Recently Involved in Nanomedical Materials as Antioxidant for Health
Research Interest: Clinical Cardiology; Clinical Pharmacology; Cardiovascular Physiology; Arterial Hypertension; Blood Pressure Monitoring; Telemedicine.1. Parati G, Ravogli A, Trazzi S, OMBONI S, Frattola A, Lattuada S, Libretti A, Mancia G. Balanced 24-hour blood pressure control by angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors administered once daily. J Hum Hypertens 1989;1:3-9.
2 Parati G, Ravogli A, Bragato R, OMBONI S, Mutti E, Mancia G. Clinical and hemodynamic effects of celiprolol in essential hypertension. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 1989;7:S14-21.
3 Mancia G, Groppelli A, Casadei R, OMBONI S, Mutti E, Parati G. Cardiovascular effects of smoking. Clin Exp Hypertens A 1990;5:917-29.
4 Parati G, Castiglioni P, Di Rienzo M, OMBONI S, Pedotti A, Mancia G. Sequential spectral analysis of 24-hour blood pressure and pulse interval in humans. Hypertension 1990;4:414-21.
5 Groppelli A, OMBONI S, Parati G, Mancia G. Blood pressure and heart rate response to repeated smoking before and after beta-blockade and selective alpha 1 inhibition. J Hypertens Suppl 1990;5:S35-40.
6 Mutti E, Trazzi S, OMBONI S, Parati G, Mancia G. Effect of placebo on 24-h non-invasive ambulatory blood pressure. J Hypertens 1991;4:361-4.
7 Parati G, Trazzi S, Ravogli A, Casadei R, OMBONI S, Mancia G. Methodological problems in evaluation of cardiovascular effects of stress in humans. Hypertension 1991;4 Suppl:III50-5.
8 Groppelli A, OMBONI S, Ravogli A, Villani A, Parati G, Mancia G. Validation of the SpaceLabs 90202 and 90207 devices for ambulatory blood pressure monitoring by comparison with intra-arterial resting and ambulatory measurements. J Hypertens Suppl 1991;6:S334-5.
9 Trazzi S, OMBONI S, Mutti E, Parati G, Zanchetti A, Mancia G. Acute modulation of arterial compliance in mild essential hypertension. J Hypertens Suppl 1991;6:S110-1.
10 Zito M, Parati G, OMBONI S, Cervone C, Ulian L, D'Aviero M, Abate G, Mancia G. Effect of ageing on blood pressure variability. J Hypertens Suppl 1991;6:S328-9.
11 OMBONI S, Ravogli A, Parati G, Zanchetti A, Mancia G. Prognostic value of ambulatory blood pressure monitoring. J Hypertens Suppl 1991;3:S25-8.
12 Parati G, Groppelli A, OMBONI S, Trazzi S, Frattola A, Mancia G. Testing the accuracy of blood pressure monitoring devices in ambulatory conditions. J Hypertens Suppl 1991;8:S7-9.
13 Di Rienzo M, Parati G, Castiglioni P, OMBONI S, Ferrari AU, Ramirez AJ, Pedotti A, Mancia G. Role of sinoaortic afferents in modulating BP and pulse-interval spectral characteristics in unanesthetized cats. Am J Physiol 1991;6 Pt 2:H1811-8.
14 Groppelli A, Giorgi DM, OMBONI S, Parati G, Mancia G. Persistent blood pressure increase induced by heavy smoking. J Hypertens 1992;5:495-9.
15 Giannattasio C, Cattaneo BM, OMBONI S, Seravalle G, Bolla G, Turolo L, Morganti A, Grassi G, Zanchetti A, Mancia G. Sympathomoderating influence of benazepril in essential hypertension. J Hypertens 1992;4:373-8.
16 Mancia G, OMBONI S, Parati G, Trazzi S. Twenty-four hour blood pressure monitoring and end-organ damage. Blood Press Suppl 1992;1:38-41.
17 Mancia G, Frattola A, OMBONI S, Parati G, Rarogli A. Twenty-four-hour blood pressure and antihypertensive treatment. Blood Press Suppl 1992;1:44-5.
18 Parati G, OMBONI S, Di Rienzo M, Frattola A, Albini F, Mancia G. Twenty-four hour blood pressure variability:clinical implications. Kidney Int Suppl 1992;37:S24-8.
19 Groppelli A, OMBONI S, Parati G, Mancia G. Evaluation of noninvasive blood pressure monitoring devices Spacelabs 90202 and 90207 versus resting and ambulatory 24-hour intra-arterial blood pressure. Hypertension 1992;2:227-32.
20 Trazzi S, OMBONI S, Santucciu C, Parati G, Mancia G. Variability in arterial diameter and compliance:compliance modulation reserve. J Hypertens Suppl 1992;6:S41-3.
21 Villani A, Parati G, Groppelli A, OMBONI S, Di Rienzo M, Mancia G. Noninvasive automatic blood pressure monitoring does not attenuate nighttime hypotension. Evidence from 24 h intraarterial blood pressure monitoring. Am J Hypertens 1992;10:744-7.
22 Mancia G, OMBONI S, Ravogli A, Frattola A, Villani A. Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring. Drugs 1992;1:17-22.
23 OMBONI S, Frattola A, Parati G, Ravogli A, Mancia G. Clinical value of blood pressure measurements:focus on ambulatory blood pressures. Am J Cardiol. 1992;12:4D-8D.
24 Mancia G, OMBONI S, Parati G, Trazzi S, Mutti E. Limited reproducibility of hourly blood pressure values obtained by ambulatory blood pressure monitoring:implications for studies on antihypertensive drugs. J Hypertens 1992;12:1531-5.
25 OMBONI S, Ravogli A, Mancia G. Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring and antihypertensive treatment. J Hum Hypertens 1992;2:S9-13.
26 Mancia G, Giannattasio C, OMBONI S. Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring and antihypertensive treatment. Eur Heart J 1992;G:43-7.
27 Mancia G, De Cesaris R, Fogari R, Lattuada S, Montemurro G, Palombo C, Porcellati C, Ranieri G, Tettamanti F, Verdecchia P, Marelli C, OMBONI S, Ravogli A, Zanchetti A, for the Italian Trandolapril Study Group. Evaluation of the antihypertensive effect of once-a-day trandolapril by 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring. The Italian Trandolapril Study Group. Am J Cardiol 1992;70:60D-66D.
28 Laurent S, Hayoz D, Trazzi S, Boutouyrie P, Waeber B, OMBONI S, Brunner HR, Mancia G, Safar M. Isobaric compliance of the radial artery is increased in patients with essential hypertension. J Hypertens 1993;1:89-98.
29 Mancia G, OMBONI S, Parati G, Santucciu C, Trazzi S, Ulian L. Clinical value of ambulatory blood pressure monitoring. Am J Hypertens 1993;3 Pt 2:9S-13S.
30 Parati G, di Rienzo M, OMBONI S, Castiglioni P, Frattola A, Mancia G. Spectral analysis of 24 h blood pressure recordings. Am J Hypertens 1993;6 Pt 2:188S-193S.
31 Mancia G, OMBONI S, Parati G, Sega R, Trazzi S. Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring in the design of studies on antihypertensive drug efficacy. Am J Hypertens 1993;6 Pt 2:233S-235S.
32 OMBONI S, Parati G, Frattola A, Mutti E, Di Rienzo M, Castiglioni P, Mancia G. Spectral and sequence analysis of finger blood pressure variability. Comparison with analysis of intra-arterial recordings. Hypertension. 1993;1:26-33.
Zanchetti A, Bianchi L, Amigoni S, OMBONI S, Villani A, Ravogli A. Antihypertensive effects of nifedipine gastrointestinal therapeutic system on clinic and ambulatory blood pressure in essential hypertensives. Italian GITS Study Group. J Hypertens Suppl 1993;5:S334-5.
34 Pomidossi G, Saino A, Perondi R, Gregorini L, Alessio P, Rimini A, OMBONI S, Zanchetti A, Mancia G. Impairment of the arterial baroreflex during symptomatic and silent myocardial ischemia in humans. J Am Coll Cardiol 1993;7:1866-72.
35 Ravogli A, OMBONI S, De Cesaris R, Fogari R, Lattuada S, Montemurro G, Palombo C, Porcellati C, Ranieri G, Tettamanti C. Twenty-four-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring and antihypertensive treatment:focus on ACE inhibitors. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 1994;1:S15-9.
36 Mancia G, OMBONI S, Parati G, Ravogli A, Sega R, Ulian L. Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring in the diagnosis of hypertension and evaluation of antihypertensive drug efficacy. Blood Press Suppl 1994;2:20-2.
37 Mancia G, Frattola A, Groppelli A, OMBONI S, Parati G, Ulian L, Villani A. Blood pressure reduction and end-organ damage in hypertension. J Hypertens Suppl 1994;8:S35-41.
38 Parati G, Ravogli A, Mutti E, Santucciu C, OMBONI S, Mancia G. Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring in the evaluation of antihypertensive drugs. J Hypertens Suppl 1994;8:S9-15.
39 OMBONI S, Smit AA, Wieling W. Twenty four hour continuous non-invasive finger blood pressure monitoring:a novel approach to the evaluation of treatment in patients with autonomic failure. Br Heart J 1995;3:290-2.
40 Mancia G, OMBONI S, Parati G, Ravogli A, Villani A, Zanchetti A. Lack of placebo effect on ambulatory blood pressure. Am J Hypertens 1995;3:311-5.
41 Mancia G, OMBONI S, Ravogli A, Parati G, Zanchetti A. Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring in the evaluation of antihypertensive treatment:additional information from a large data base. Blood Press 1995;3:148-56.
42 Parati G, Di Rienzo M, OMBONI S, Ulian L, Mancia G. Blood pressure variability over 24 hours:its different components and its relationship to the arterial baroreflex. J Sleep Res 1995;S1:21-29.
43 Mancia G, Giannattasio C, Turrini D, Grassi G, OMBONI S. Structural cardiovascular alterations and blood pressure variability in human hypertension. J Hypertens Suppl 1995;2:S7-14.
44 OMBONI S, Parati G, Zanchetti A, Mancia G. Calculation of trough:peak ratio of antihypertensive treatment from ambulatory blood pressure:methodological aspects. J Hypertens 1995;10:1105-12.
45 OMBONI S, Ravogli A, Villani A, Mancia G. Permanent blood pressure control over the 24 h by trandolapril. Am J Hypertens 1995;10 Pt 2:71S-74S.
46 Thijs L, Dabrowska E, Clement D, Fagard R, Laks T, Mancia G, O'Brien E, OMBONI S, Parati G, Staessen J, et al. Diurnal blood pressure profile in older patients with isolated systolic hypertension. The SYST-EUR Investigators. J Hum Hypertens 1995;11:917-24.
47 Parati G, Ulian L, Santucciu C, OMBONI S, Mancia G. Blood pressure variability, cardiovascular risk and antihypertensive treatment. J Hypertens Suppl 1995;4:S27-34.
48 Ravogli A, Arzilli F, OMBONI S, Giovannetti R, Mutti E, Salvetti A, Mancia G. Lack of effect of percutaneous transluminal renal angioplasty on nocturnal hypotension in renovascular hypertensive patients. J Hypertens 1996;1:53-6.
49 Parati G, Frattola A, OMBONI S, Mancia G, Di Rienzo M. Analysis of heart rate and blood pressure variability in the assessment of autonomic regulation in arterial hypertension. Clin Sci (Lond) 1996;91 Suppl:129-32.
50 Mancia G, Parati G, OMBONI S, Ravogli A, Villani A, Santucciu C, Ulian L. Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring in the ELSA study. European Lacidipine Study on Atherosclerosis. Blood Press Suppl 1996;4:36-8.
51 Mancia G, OMBONI S. Ambulatory blood pressure, blood pressure variability and antihypertensive treatment. Clin Exp Hypertens. 1996;3-4:449-62.
52 Mancia G, OMBONI S, Parati G. Lessons to be learned from 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring. Kidney Int Suppl 1996;55:S63-8.
53 Parati G, OMBONI S, Mancia G. Difference between office and ambulatory blood pressure and response to antihypertensive treatment. J Hypertens. 1996;6:791-7.
54 OMBONI S, Parati G, Di Rienzo M, Wieling W, Mancia G. Blood pressure and heart rate variability in autonomic disorders:a critical review. Clin Auton Res 1996;3:171-82.
55 Mancia G, Gamba PL, OMBONI S, Paleari F, Parati G, Sega R, Zanchetti A. Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring. J Hypertens Suppl 1996;2:S61-6;discussion S66-8.
56 OMBONI S, Parati G, Groppelli A, Ulian L, Mancia G. Performance of the AM-5600 blood pressure monitor:comparison with ambulatory intra-arterial pressure. J Appl Physiol 1997;2:698-703.
57 Mancia G, OMBONI S, Parati G. Assessment of antihypertensive treatment by ambulatory blood pressure. J Hypertens Suppl 1997;2:S43-50.
58 Mancia G, OMBONI S, Grassi G. Combination treatment in hypertension:the VeraTran Study. Am J Hypertens 1997;7 Pt 2:153S-158S.
59 Zanchetti A, OMBONI S, Di Biagio C. Candesartan cilexetil and enalapril are of equivalent efficacy in patients with mild to moderate hypertension. J Hum Hypertens 1997;2:S57-9.
60 Baccelli G, Reggiani P, Mattioli A, Corbellini E, Garducci S, Catalano M, OMBONI S. Hemodynamic changes in the lower limbs during treadmill walking in normal subjects and in patients with arteriosclerosis obliterans. Angiology 1997;9:795-803.
61 Santucciu C, Parati G, Ulian L, OMBONI S, Mancia G. [The difference between clinical ambulatory measured blood pressure and daily monitored pressure does not reflect the "white coat effect"]. Cardiologia 1997;10:1067-9.
62 Parati G, OMBONI S, Staessen J, Thijs L, Fagard R, Ulian L, Mancia G. Limitations of the difference between clinic and daytime blood pressure as a surrogate measure of the 'white-coat' effect. Syst-Eur investigators. J Hypertens 1998;1:23-9.
63 Mancia G, OMBONI S, Zanchetti A. Clinical advantages of lipophilic dihydropyridines. Blood Press Suppl. 1998;2:23-6.
64 Parati G, Ulian L, Santucciu C, OMBONI S, Mancia G. Difference between clinic and daytime blood pressure is not a measure of the white coat effect. Hypertension 1998;5:1185-9.
65 OMBONI S, Parati G, Palatini P, Vanasia A, Muiesan ML, Cuspidi C, Mancia G. Reproducibility and clinical value of nocturnal hypotension:prospective evidence from the SAMPLE study. Study on Ambulatory Monitoring of Pressure and Lisinopril Evaluation. J Hypertens 1998;6:733-8.
OMBONI S, Parati G, Mancia G. The trough:peak ratio and the smoothness index in the evaluation of control of 24 h blood pressure by treatment in hypertension. Blood Press Monit 1998;3:201-204.
67 OMBONI S, Parati G, Castiglioni P, Di Rienzo M, Imholz BP, Langewouters GJ, Wesseling KH, Mancia G. Estimation of blood pressure variability from 24-hour ambulatory finger blood pressure. Hypertension 1998;1:52-8.
68 OMBONI S, Fogari R, Palatini P, Rappelli A, Mancia G. Reproducibility and clinical value of the trough-to-peak ratio of the antihypertensive effect:evidence from the sample study. Hypertension 1998;3:424-9.
69 Mancia G, Cattaneo BM, OMBONI S, Grassi G. Clinical benefits of a consistent reduction in blood pressure. J Hypertens Suppl 1998;6:S35-9.
70 Parati G, OMBONI S, Rizzoni D, Agabiti-Rosei E, Mancia G. The smoothness index:a new, reproducible and clinically relevant measure of the homogeneity of the blood pressure reduction with treatment for hypertension. J Hypertens 1998;11:1685-91.
71 OMBONI S, Zanchetti A. Antihypertensive efficacy of lercanidipine at 2.5, 5 and 10 mg in mild to moderate essential hypertensives assessed by clinic and ambulatory blood pressure measurements. Multicenter Study Investigators. J Hypertens 1998;12 Pt 1:1831-8.
72 Mancia G, Parati G, OMBONI S, Ulian L, Zanchetti A. Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring. Clin Exp Hypertens 1999;5-6:703-15.
73 Castiglioni P, Parati G, OMBONI S, Mancia G, Imholz BP, Wesseling KH, Di Rienzo M. Broad-band spectral analysis of 24 h continuous finger blood pressure:comparison with intra-arterial recordings. Clin Sci (Lond) 1999;2:129-39.
74 OMBONI S, Parati G, Mancia G. [Monitoring of blood pressure for 24 hours:historical, technical, and methodological features]. Cardiologia 1999;1(Pt 2):997-1000.
75 Parati G, OMBONI S, Mancia G. [Trough-peak ratio and the smoothness index in the assessment of duration and homogeneity of 24-hour antihypertensive effect]. Cardiologia 1999;1(Pt 1):345-8.
76 Mancia G, OMBONI S, Parati G. The importance of blood pressure variability in hypertension. Blood Press Monit 2000;1:S9-S15.
77 Mancia G, OMBONI S, Agabiti-Rosei E, Casati R, Fogari R, Leonetti G, Montemurro G, Nami R, Pessina AC, Pirrelli A, Zanchetti A. Antihypertensive efficacy of manidipine and enalapril in hypertensive diabetic patients. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 2000;6:926-31.
78 OMBONI S, Fogari R, Mancia G. A smooth blood pressure control is obtained over 24 h by delapril in mild to moderate essential hypertensives. Blood Press 2001;3:170-5.
79 Zanchetti A, OMBONI S. Comparison of candesartan versus enalapril in essential hypertension. Italian Candesartan Study Group. Am J Hypertens 2001;2:129-34.
80 Parati G, OMBONI S, Villani A, Glavina F, Castiglioni P, Di Rienzo M, Mancia G. Reproducibility of beat-by-beat blood pressure and heart rate variability. Blood Press Monit 2001;4:217-20.
81 Mancia G, OMBONI S, Parati G, Clement DL, Haley WE, Rahman SN, Hoogma RP. Twenty-four hour ambulatory blood pressure in the Hypertension Optimal Treatment (HOT) study. J Hypertens 2001;10:1755-63.
82 Zanchetti A, OMBONI S, La Commare P, De Cesaris R, Palatini P. Efficacy, tolerability, and impact on quality of life of long-term treatment with manidipine or amlodipine in patients with essential hypertension. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 2001;4:642-50.
83 Mancia G, Parati G, Hennig M, Flatau B, OMBONI S, Glavina F, Costa B, Scherz R, Bond G, Zanchetti A;ELSA Investigators. Relation between blood pressure variability and carotid artery damage in hypertension:baseline data from the European Lacidipine Study on Atherosclerosis (ELSA). J Hypertens 2001;11:1981-9.
84 OMBONI S, Smit AA, van Lieshout JJ, Settels JJ, Langewouters GJ, Wieling W. Mechanisms underlying the impairment in orthostatic tolerance after nocturnal recumbency in patients with autonomic failure. Clin Sci (Lond) 2001;6:609-18.
85 Antonicelli R, OMBONI S, Giovanni DC, Ansuini R, Mori A, Gesuita R, Parati G, Paciaroni E. Smooth blood pressure control obtained with extended-release felodipine in elderly patients with hypertension: evaluation by 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring. Drugs Aging 2002;7:541-51.
86 Porcellati C, OMBONI S. Switching from ACE inhibitors, beta-blockers, calcium antagonists or diuretics to candesartan improves efficacy and tolerability. Blood Press 2002;5:310-9.
87 Mancia G, OMBONI S, Parati G;Investigators of the INSIGHT ABPM substudy. Twenty-four hour ambulatory blood pressure in the International Nifedipine GITS Study Intervention as a Goal in Hypertension Treatment (INSIGHT). J Hypertens 2002;3:545-53.
88 Taddei S, OMBONI S, Ghiadoni L, Caiazza A, Fogari R, Innocenti P, Porcellati C, Giovannetti R, Corradi L, Mancia G, Salvetti A. Combination of lisinopril and nifedipine GITS increases blood pressure control compared with single drugs in essential hypertensive patients. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 2003;4:579-85.
89 Mancia G, OMBONI S;CARDIO (CAndesaRtan combined with DIuretic in hypertensiOn) Study Group. Candesartan plus hydrochlorothiazide fixed combination vs previous monotherapy plus diuretic in poorly controlled essential hypertensive patients. Blood Press Suppl 2004;2:11-7.
90 Malacco E, Piazza S, OMBONI S;on behalf of the Zofenopril Study Group. Zofenopril versus Lisinopril in the Treatment of Essential Hypertension in Elderly Patients: A Randomised, Double-Blind, Multicentre Study. Clin Drug Investig 2005;3:175-182.
91 Mancia G, Parati G, Bilo G, Maronati A, OMBONI S, Baurecht H, Hennig M, Zanchetti A. Assessment of long-term antihypertensive treatment by clinic and ambulatory blood pressure:data from the European Lacidipine Study on Atherosclerosis. J Hypertens 2007;5:1087-94.
92 Orzalesi N, Rossetti L, OMBONI S;OPTIME Study Group (Osservatorio sulla Patologia glaucomatosa, Indagine Medico Epidemiologica);CONPROSO (Collegio Nazionale dei Professori Ordinari di Scienze Oftalmologiche). Vascular risk factors in glaucoma:the results of a national survey. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 2007;6:795-802.
93 Pini C, Pastori M, Baccheschi J, OMBONI S, Parati G;European Society of Hypertension. Validation of the Artsana CSI 610 automated blood pressure monitor in adults according to the International Protocol of the European Society of Hypertension. Blood Press Monit 2007;3:179-84.
94 Bussone G, Tullo V, d'Onofrio F, Petretta V, Curone M, Frediani F, Tonini C, OMBONI S. Frovatriptan for the prevention of postdural puncture headache. Cephalalgia 2007;7:809-13.
95 OMBONI S, Riva I, Giglio A, Caldara G, Groppelli A, Parati G. Validation of the Omron M5-I, R5-I and HEM-907 automated blood pressure monitors in elderly individuals according to the International Protocol of the European Society of Hypertension. Blood Press Monit 2007;4:233-42.
96. Malacco E, OMBONI S. Antihypertensive efficacy of zofenopril plus hydrochlorothiazide fixed combination for treatment in metabolic syndrome. Adv Ther 2007;5:1006-15.
97 Pecori Giraldi F, Toja PM, De Martin M, Maronati A, Scacchi M, OMBONI S,Cavagnini F, Parati G. Circadian blood pressure profile in patients with active Cushing's disease and after long-term cure. Horm Metab Res 2007;12:908-14.
98 Pini C, Natalizi A, Gerosa PF, Frigerio M, OMBONI S, Parati G. Validation of the Artsana CS 410 automated blood pressure monitor in adults according to the International Protocol of the European Society of Hypertension. Blood Press Monit 2008;13:177-182.
99 OMBONI S, Costantini C, Pini C, Bulegato R, Manfellotto D, Rizzoni D, Palatini P, O'brien E, Parati G. PA.NET International Quality Certification Protocol for blood pressure monitors. Blood Press Monit 2008;13:285-289.
100 Parati G, OMBONI S, Palatini P, Rizzoni D, Bilo G, Valentini M, Agabiti-Rosei E, Mancia G. Italian Society of Hypertension Guidelines for Conventional and Automated Blood Pressure Measurement in the Office, at Home and Over 24 Hours. High Blood Pressure & Cardiovascular Prevention 2008;15:283-310.
Research Interest: Own
Publications in Different Areas of Health, among them Obesity and Metabolic
Syndrome which is a Major Focus of Interest, Pricipalmente when Combined with
Research Interest: Obesity, Mind and Inhibitory Control, Metabolic
Syndrome, Rationale, Cardiovascular Disease
Research Interest: Evaluation of biological activity of plant foods: anti-inflammatory, anti-glycation, anti-oxidant activities Influences of heat treatment on biological activity of foods.
List of Publications:
1. Ho, Su-Chen, Chang, Yi-Huang, “Comparison of inhibitory capacities of 6-, 8- and 10-gingerols/shogaols on the canonical NLRP3 inflammasome-mediated IL-1β secretion” Molecules, Vol. 23, 2018, 02, p. 466.
2. Ho, Su-Chen, Su, Min-Sheng, Lin, Chih- Cheng, Chiu, Chui-Feng, “Comparison of anti-glycation capacity of two new purple-colored-leaf tea cultivars with an ordinary green-colored-leaf tea cultivar in Taiwan,” Global Journal of Obesity, Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome, Vol. 4, No. 1, 2017, 02, pp. 009-015.
3. Yang, Tzu-Ting, Ho, Su-Chen, Chuang, Lu-Te, Chuang, Hsiao-Chi, Li, Ya-Ting, Wu, Jyun-Jie, “Characterization of particulate-phase polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons emitted from incense burning and their bioreactivity in RAW264.7 macrophage,” Environmental Pollution, Vol. 220, 2017, 01, pp. 1190-1198.
4. Ho, Su-Chen, Su, Min-Sheng, “Optimized heat treatment enhances the anti-inflammatory capacity of ginger “ International Journal of Food Properties, Vol. 19, 2016, pp. 1884-1898.
5. Ho, Su-Chen, Su, Min-Sheng, “Evaluating the anti-neuroinflammatory capacity of raw and steamed garlic as well as five organosulfur compounds,” Molecules, Vol. 19, No. 11, 2014, pp. 17697-17714.
6. Ho, Su-Chen, Kuo, Chun-Ting, “Hesperidin, Nobiletin, and Tangeretin Are Collectively Responsible for the Anti-neuroinflammatory Capacity of Tangerine Peel (Citri reticulatae pericarpium)” Food and Chemical Toxicology, Vol. 71, 2014, pp. 176-182.
7. Ho, Su-Chen, Chang, Pei-Wen, Tong, Hui-Ting, Yu, Pin-Yuan, “Inhibition of Fluorescent Advanced Glycation End-products and N-carboxymethyllysine Formation by Several Floral Herbal Infusions,” International Journal of Food Properties, Vol. 17, 2014, pp. 617-628.
8. Ho, Su-Chen, Su, Min-Sheng, Lin, Chih-Cheng, “Comparison of Peroxynitrite-Scavenging Capacities of Several Citrus Fruit Peels,” International Journal of Food Properties, Vol. 17, 2014, pp. 111-124.
9. Ho, Su-Chen, Chang, Ku-Shang, Lin, Chih-Cheng, “Anti-neuroinflammatory Capacity of Fresh Ginger Is Attributed Mainly to 10-Gingerol,” Food Chemistry, Vol. 141, No. 3, 2013, 12, pp. 3183-3191.
10. Ho, Su-Chen, Chang, Ku-Shang, Chang, Pei-Wen, “Inhibition of Neuroinflammation by Cinnamon and its Main Components,” Food Chemistry, Vol. 138, No. 4, 2013, pp. 2275-2282.
11. Ho, Su-Chen, Chang, Pei-Wen, “Inhibitory Effects of Several Spices on Inflammation Caused by Advanced Glycation Endproducts,” American Journal of Plant Sciences, Vol. 3, No. 7, 2012, pp. 995-1002.
12. Ho, Su-Chen, Wu, Szu-Pei, Lin, Shyh-Mirn, Tang, Ya-Li, “Comparison of Anti-glycation Capacities of Several Herbal Infusions with that of Green Tea,” Food Chemistry, Vol. 122, 2010, pp. 768-744.
13. Lin, Shih-Min, Wang, Shih-Wei, Ho, Su-Chen, Tang, Ya-Li, “Protective Effect of Green Tea (-)-Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) Against the Monoamine Oxidase B Enzyme Activity Increase in Adult Rat Brains,” Nutrition, Vol. 26, 2010, pp. 1195-1200.
14. Huang, Yung-Sheng, Ho, Su-Chen, “Polymethoxy Flavones Are Responsible for the Anti-inflammatory Activity of Citrus Fruit Peel,”Food Chemistry, Vol. 119, 2010, pp. 868-873.
15. Ho, Su-Chen, Tang, Ya-Li, Lin, Shih-Min, Liew, Yih-Fong, “Evaluation of Peroxynitrite-Scavenging Capacities of Several Commonly Used Fresh Spices,” Food Chemistry, Vol. 119, 2010, pp. 1102-1107.
16. Ho, Su-Chen, Lin, Chih-Cheng, “Investigation of Heat Treating Conditions for Enhancing the Anti-inflammatory Activity of Citrus Fruit (Citrus reticulata) Peels,”Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, Vol. 56, 2008, pp. 7976-7982.
17. Lin, Chih-Cheng, Hung, Pi-Fong, Ho, Su-Chen, “Heat Treatment Enhances the NO-suppressing and Peroxynitrite-intercepting Activities of Kumquat’s (Fortunella margarita Swingle) Peel,”Food Chemistry, Vol. 109, 2008, pp. 95-103.
18. Ho, Su-Chen, Tsai, Tzung-Hsun, Tsai, Po-Jung, Lin, Chih-Cheng, “Protective Capacities of Certain Spices Against Peroxynitrite-mediated Biomolecular Damage,”Food and Chemical Toxicology, Vol. 46, 2008, pp. 920-928.
19. Ho, Su-Chen, Hwang, Lucy Sun, Shen, Yi-Jane, Lin, Chih-Cheng, “Suppressive Effect of a Proanthocyanidin-rich Extract from Longan (Dimocarpus longan Lour.) Flowers on Nitric Oxide Production in LPS-Stimulated Macrophage Cells,”Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, Vol. 55, No. 26, 2007, pp. 10664-10670.
20. Tsai, Po-Jung, Tsai, Tzung-Hsun, Ho, Su-Chen, “In vitro Inhibitory Effects of Rosemary Extracts on Growth and Glucosyltransferase Activity of Streptococcus sobrinus,” Food Chemistry, Vol. 105, 2007, pp. 311-316.
21. Tsai, Po-Jung, Tsai, Tzung-Hsun, Yu, Chun-Hsien, Ho, Su-Chen, “Evaluation of NO-suppressing Activity of Several Mediterranean Culinary Spices,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, Vol. 45, 2007, pp. 440-447.
22. Tsai, Po-Jung, Tsai, Tzung-Hsun, Yu, Chun-Hsien, Ho, Su-Chen, “Comparison of NO-scavenging and NO-suppressing Activities of Different Herbal Teas with those of Green Tea,” Food Chemistry, Vol. 103, 2007, pp. 181-187.
23. Lin, Chih-Cheng, Lu, Min-Jer, Chen, Shen-Jen, Ho, Su-Chen, “Heavy Fermentation Impacts NO-Suppressing Activity of Tea in LPS-activated RAW 264.7 Macrophages,” Food Chemistry, Vol. 98, 2006, pp. 483-489.
24. Tsai, Tzung-Hsun, Tsai, Po-Jung, Ho, Su-Chen, “Antioxidant and Antiinflammatory Activities of Several Commonly Used Spices,” Journal of Food Science, Vol. 70, No. 1, 2005, pp. pp. C93-C97.
25. Tsai, Po-Jung, Yu, Chun-Hsien, Hsu SP, Lee YH, Huang IT, Ho, Su-Chen, Chu CH “Maternal plasma adiponectin concentrations at 24 to 31 weeks of gestation: Negative association with gestational diabetes mellitus” Nutrition, Vol. 21, No. 11-12, 2005, pp.1095-9 •
26. Tsai, Po-Jung, Ho, Su-Chen, Tsai LP, Lee YH, Hsu SP, Yang SP, Chu CH, Yu, Chun-Hsien, “Lack of relationship between beta3-adrenergic receptor gene polymorphism and gestational diabetes mellitus in a Taiwanese population” Metabolism, Vol. 53, No. 9, 2004, pp.1136-9.
27. Tsai, Po-Jung, Yu, Chun-Hsien, Hsu SP, Lee YH, Chiou CH, Hsu YW, Ho, Su-Chen, Chu CH. “Cord plasma concentrations of adiponectin and leptin in healthy term neonates: positive correlation with birthweight and neonatal adiposity” Clin. Endocrinol. Vol. 61, 2004, pp. 88-93.
28. Ho, Su-Chen, Tsai, Po-Jung, ”Comparison of the effects of "hot" and "cold" Chinese medicinal plants on the production of inflammatory mediators by RAW 264.7 cells” Journal of Food and Drug Analysis, Vol. 12, No. 2, 2004, pp. 120-127.
Research Interest: My Research has
Focused on Understanding the BBB, Changes that Occur in the Blood-Tumor-Barrier
(BTB), and Drug Uptake Therein. To this End, I Have Worked and Gained
Significant Amount of Knowledge on Factors Influencing Anticancer Delivery and
Activity in Brain aBrain Metastases Developed from Breast Cancer in Mouse
Models. These Include: (1) How BBB is Altered in Mouse Models of Brain
Metastases of Breast Cancer. (2) Pharmacokinetic-Pharmacodynamic Relationship of
Anticancer Drugs in Brain Metastases. (3) in Vitro- In Vivo Correlations (IVIVC)
to Predict Optimum Therapeutic Concentrations for Treatment of Brain
Metastases. (4) Improving Targeted Anticancer Drug Delivery to Brain Tumors by
Inhibiting Efflux Transporters and Piggy Backing Drugs to Substrates of Influx
Transporters at the BBB.
Lawrence Lavery is a Professor in the Department of Plastic Surgery, as well as Director of Clinical Research in the Department of Plastic Surgery, at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX. His research group has published 210 peer reviewed papers and has received extramural funding from the Veterans Administration, the National Institute of Health, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the American Diabetes Association, and the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons.
Research Interest: Diabetes, Ulcers, Infections, Neuropathy and Osteomyelities
Grants: Supporting with number of grants
List of Publications:
1. Lavery LA, Oz OK, Bhavan K, Wukich DK. Diabetic Foot Syndrom in the Twenty-First Century. Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2019 July; 3, 355-359.
2. Kim, PJ, Attinger CE, Orgill D, Galiano RD, Steinberg JS, Evans KK, Lavery LA. Complex Lower Extremity Wound in the Complex Host: Results from a Multicenter Registry. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery-Global. 2019 Apr. Epub ahead of print.
3. Ahn J, Raspovic KM, Liu GT, Lavery LA, La Fontaine J, Nakonezny PA, Wukich, DK. Lower Extremity Necrotizing Fasciitis in Diabetic and Nondiabetic Patients: Mortality and Amputation. Int J Low Extrem Wounds. 2019 Apr. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 30929530.
4. Lavery LA, Bhavan K, Wukich DK. Biofilm and diabetic foot ulcer healing: all hat and no cattle. Annals of Translational Medicine 2019 Mar. Epub ahead of print.
5. La Fontaine J, Crisologo PA, Lavery L. Current concepts in curative surgery for diabetic forefoot ulcers. The Foot 2019 Jan 10 (39) 37-44. Epub ahead of print.
6. Olson E, Mahar KM, Morgan L, Fillmore C, Holland C, Lavery L. Randomized Phase I Trial to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability, Pharmacokinetics, and Pharmacodynamics of Topical Daprodustat in Healthy Volunteers and Patients with Diabetic Foot Ulcers. Clin Pharmacol Drug Dev. 2019 Feb 5. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 30720931.
7. Liu JW, Ahn J, Raspovic KM, Liu GT, Nakonezny PA, Lavery LA, Wukich DK. Increased Rates of Readmission, Reoperation, and Mortality Following Open Reduction and Internal Fixation of Ankle Fractures are Associated with Diabetes Mellitus. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2019 Feb 11. Epub ahead of print.
8. Ryan EC, Ahn J, Wukich DK, Kim PJ, La Fontaine J, Lavery LA. Diagnostic Utility of Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate and C-Reactive Protein in Osteomyelitis of the Foot in Persons without Diabetes. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2019 Jan 23. Epub ahead of print.
9. Ahn J, Raspovic KM, Liu GT, Lavery LA, La Fontaine J, Nakonezny PA, Wukich DK. Rental Function as a Predictor of Early Transmetatarsal Amputation Failure. Foot Ankle Spec. 2018 Dec 12. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 30537872.
10. Lavery LA, Crisologo PA. Non-invasive vascular screening test to diagnose peripheral vascular disease. Ann Transl Med. 2018 Dec; 6(Suppl 2). PMID: 30740429.
11. Yavuz M, Ersen A, Hartos J, LAVERY LA, Wukich D, Hirschman G, Armstrong D, Quiben M, Adams L. Temperature as a Causative factor in Diabetic Foot Ulceration: A Call to Revisit Ulcer Pathomechanics. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2018 Nov 14. (Epub ahead of print). PMID: 30427732.
12. Niederauer MQ, Michalek JE, Liu Q, Papas KK, LAVERY LA, Armstrong DG. Continuous diffusion of oxygen improves diabetic foot ulcer healing when compared with a placebo control: a randomized, double-blind, multicenter study. J Wound Care. 2018 Sep 1;27(Sup9): S30-S45. PMID: 30207844.
13. LAVERY, LA, Fulmer J, Shebetka KAS, Regulski M, Vayer, D, Fried D, Kashefsky H, Owings TM, Nadarajah J, Phelan DHK. Open-label Extension Phase of a Chronic Diabetic Foot Ulcer Multicenter, Controlled, Ramdomised Clinical Trial Using Cryopreserved Placental Membrance. Wounds Epub 2018 June. PMID: 30256747.
14. Raspovic KM, Wukich DK, Naiman DQ, LAVERY LA, Kirsner RS, Kim PJ, Steinberg JS, Attinger CE, Danilkovitch A. Effectiveness of viable cryopreserved placental membranes for management of diabetic foot ulcers in a real world setting. Wound Repair Regen, 2018 Mar; 26(2): 213-220. PMID: 29683538.
15. Ahn J, Del Core MA, Wukich DK, Liu GT, Lalli T, VanPelt MD, La Fontaine J, Lavery LA, Raspovic KM. Scoring mental health quality of life with the SF-36 in patients with and without diabetes foot complications. Int J Low Extrem Wounds. 2018 Mar. PMID: 29546783.
16. LAVERY LA, Lavery DC, Hunt NA, La Fontaine J, Lavery RD. Does the start of dialysis initiate a period of increased risk of ulceration or amputation? J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2018 Jan; 108-(1):1-5. PMID: 29547031.
17. Van Asten SAV, Mithani M, Peters EIG, La Fontaine J, Kim PJ, Lavery LA. Complications during the treatment of diabetic foot osteomyelitis. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2018 Jan;135:58-64. PMID: 28951333.
18. Crisologo PA, Lavery LA. Remote home monitoring to identify and prevent diabetic foot ulceration. Ann Transi Med. 2017 Nov;5(21):430. PMID: 29201882.
19. Lavery LA, Ryan EC. Does Continuous Diffusion of Oxygen Improve Diabetic Foot Ulcer Healing? J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2017 Sep; 11(5):892-893. PMID: 28728437.
20. Sanniec K, Nguyen T, van Asten S, La Fontaine J, Lavery LA. Split-Thickness Skin Grafts to the Foot and Ankle of Diabetic Patients. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2017 Sep; 107(5):365-368. PMID: 29077498.
Dr. Gorelik has nearly 35 years of experience in clinical medicine and research. He has published more than 60 scientific publications. Currently, Dr. Gorelik serves as the Head of the Department of Internal Medicine "F" in the Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel. He is also a Clinical Senior Lecturer in the Sackler Faculty of Medicine of the Tel Aviv University.
Research Interest: Diabetes,
Orthostatic Hypotension, Magnesium Metabolism, Heart Failure and Hospital
Number of Publications: 57
Research Interest: Her
Clinical and Research Interest Focuses on Diabetes Management, Cardiovascular
Risk, Flow Cytometry-Based Study of Endothelial Dysfunction, Novel Therapy for
Type 2 Diabetes, Clinical Nutrition and Mediterranean Diet
Research Interest: Dietetics
Applied to Bariatric Ssurgery; Clinical Impact of Bariatric Surgery on
Patient’s Body Composition (Fat Mass and Fat-Free Mass) and Resting Metabolic
Rate; Pre- and Post-Operative Treatment of Micronutrient Deficiencies in
Patients that Underwent Bariatric Surgery.
Research Interest: Diabetes;
Metabolic Syndrome; Osteoporosis
Research Interest: Cardiovascular diseases, Endothelial function, Hypertension, Diabetes, Renin-angiotensin-system
Research Interest: He has Vast Experience
in Characterization of New Chemical Entities (NCE’S) for Early Stage Dosage form
Development, Preparation of Nano Particles, Spray Dried Powders, Solubility
Screening, Bio-Availability Enhancement, Granulation and Fluid Bed Drying, Compression
Using Rotary Tablet Press, Coating, Stability Studies and Tech Transfer Etc.
Research Interest: Rehabilitation,
Working with Older People, Diabetes, Stroke Care, Research
Research Interest: Obesity,
Chronic Hronic Inflammation, Inflammatory Disease, Cancer
Published On: June 10, 2019 | Pages: 017 - 021Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: April 27, 2019 | Pages: 010 - 016Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: March 25, 2019 | Pages: 001 - 009Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: November 13, 2018 | Pages: 022 - 025Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: August 24, 2018 | Pages: 015 - 021Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 27, 2018 | Pages: 008 - 014Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: February 16, 2018 | Pages: 003 - 007Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: February 08, 2018 | Pages: 001 - 002Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: September 12, 2017 | Pages: 072 - 076Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: September 12, 2017 | Pages: 068 - 071Abstract View Full Article View
I like to continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair. The journal should get impact factor and indexing in major databases. Manuscript submission in this journal is nice and easy. I will recommend this journal for getting major reputed indexing services. The submission and publication timeline process are going in the exact way. I can find the required information in the journal website easily.
I would like to continue my association with this journal and confer my services,. The comments from reviewers and editors are fair as well as professional. The journal should accept high impact articles for faster indexing. The submission process is user friendly and as well as smooth. I recommend this journal for reputed indexing services. I suggest my colleagues for submission of their works to this journal for publication. I am satisfied with the submission, publication timeline of this journal. The publication process of this journal is easy. I am getting the required information in website easily.
I will continue my association as an editor for this journal and provide my services. The editors and reviewer comments in the journal are fair and trustable. The manuscript submission process in this journal is easy. I will suggest my colleagues and other scientists to submit their research works for supporting journal growth. I can easily find the required information on website.
Peer-review process in Peertechz is increasing the quality of the journal. Publication time at Peertechz is less than a month which is impressive.
I wish to continue my services as an editor in this journal for journal growth. The editor and reviewer comments in this journal are good and fair. I suggest that journal should actively participate with different valuable conference and publish papers as conference proceedings. The manuscript submission process is easy and user friendly. I strongly recommend my batch mates and co-scientists to submit their valuable works in this journal for publication. I am satisfied with the manuscript submission and publication time line. I mostly like the blind review process in this journal. I can easily find the required information on the website
I continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The editor and reviewer comments in the journal is fair as well as professional. I appreciate the rapid peer review process in the journal. Manuscript submission process is smooth and easy. I strongly recommend this journal to get indexing in reputed indexing platform. I recommend my friends to submit their research works in this journal for publication. The time line of submission and publication of manuscript is good. I can easily find the required information in the journal webpage.
The experience of publishing with Peertechz Publications can
be summed up in one word, "awesome!" From great author relationship
service to prompt, detailed review to thorough and timely return of manuscript.
Guess what, I appreciate the plagiarism check and your custom of sending
detailed report. Please keep up the good job!
I wish to associate with this journal and confer my services. Comments from editors as well as reviewers are fair and Professional. The process of manuscript submission process is user friendly. I strongly recommend the journal for getting major indexing databases. I definitely recommend some of my colleagues for manuscript submission for publication in this journal. Time line of manuscript submission and publication is acceptable. The journal should choose high quality of research articles for quick journal growth. I can easily find the information on the journal website.
I really liked the communication with the editors of your journal: quickly, informative and very friendly! I am very grateful for this style of work. I hope for further cooperation!
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and meaningful. Manuscript submission process is rapid and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommended this journal to others for publication of their valuable research works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is Quality, and Timely publication. The required information is easily available on the website.
Lyon Catholic University (UCLy) and Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes (EPHE), France
Annals of Cytology and Pathology
University of Athens, Greece
Journal of Novel Physiotherapy and Physical Rehabilitation
Arghya Narayan Banerjee
Yeungnam University, South Korea
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
Manuel Jose Lis Arias
Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Spain
Archive of Biochemistry
Leeds Beckett University, UK
Archives of Community Medicine and Public Health
Domenico Antonio Restivo
Nuovo Garibaldi Hospital, Italy
Journal of Neurology, Neurological Science and Disorders
Peter J Catalano
Tufts University, USA
Archives of Otolaryngology and Rhinology
Metaxas Memorial Anticancer Hospital , Greece
Annals of Bone Marrow Research
University of Siena, Italy
Archives of Renal Diseases and Management
Dr. Rath Research Institute
1260 Memorex Drive, Santa Clara, USA
Global Journal of Cancer Therapy