Dr. Maria Anastasiadou graduated from the School of Agriculture, Department of Animal Production, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece, in 2006. She received her Master of Science in 2008 at Laboratory of Physiology of Nutrition of Farm Animals, Department of Animal Production, School of Agriculture, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece. She continued her studies for a doctoral thesis at Laboratory of Physiology of Reproduction of Farm Animals, Department of Animal Production, School of Agriculture, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece, where she obtained her PhD at 2013. Next, she worked as a post-doctoral researcher at the Hellenic Agricultural Organization-DEMETER, Directorate General of Agricultural Research (formerly NAGREF), Veterinary Research Institute, Thermi-Thessaloniki, Greece, in the period from 2014 to 2015. From 2016 to date, she works as a Research Associate in Technological Educational Institute, Department of Animal Production, Greece. She serves as a Junior Researcher at the Research Institute of Animal Science, General Directory of Agricultural Research, of HAO-DEMETER, Paralimni Giannitsa 58100, Greece, in the field of Animal Reproduction, from 1 March of 2017. She participates in the research team and management committee in 3 European Research Projects (2 COST Actions and 1 ARIMNET) and 2 National Research Project. Also, has been member of the research team in four Research Projects (1 European and 3 National).
Research Interest: Physiology of Reproduction of Farm Animals, Reproductive Immunology, Animal Biotechnology, Molecular Biology and Genetics, Molecular Mechanisms in the Reproductive System, Embryology, Endocrine Disruptors, Polymorphisms, Gene Expression, Immunology, Fertility, Reproduction Disorders, Poultry, Cow, Sheep, Goats, Pigs, Farm Animals, Genes.
Skype ID: marmo.anastasiadou
URL of their official website: rias.gr, elgo.gr
Research Grant Details:
• ARIMNet2: “Breeding and management practices of indigenous bovine breeds: Solutions toward a sustainable future”, Αcronym: BOVISOL, European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme (FP7)
• COST Action no. CA15215: “Innovative approaches in pork production with entire males”
• COST Action no. CA16119: “In vitro 3-D total cell guidance and fitness”
• Operational Program "Central Macedonia 'Strengthening research, technological development and innovation "-" Enhancing research and innovation infrastructure ": “Exploitation, conservation and improvement of K. Macedonia's genetic resources using omics technologies”.
List of Publications:
B. National and International Conference Proceedings (refereed)
2. Garsen, A., Dotas, V., Anastasiadou, M., Nikolakakis, J., Mitsopoulos, J. and D. Dotas. “Performance and carcass charactheristics of broilers as affected by the replacement of soyabean meal with chickpea (Cicer Arietinum L)”. 1st Mediterranean Poultry Summit of World’s Poultry Science Association (WPSA), 7-10/5/2008, Chalkidiki, Greece.3. Anastasiadou, M., Marantidis, A. and G. Michailidis. “Effects of Salmonella infection in the expression of Toll-like receptors 4 and 15 in the chicken reproductive organs”. 2nd Conference of the Balkan Network for the Biotechnology in Animal Reproduction, 24-25/3/2011, Sofia, Bulgaria.
4. Marantidis, A., Anastasiadou, M., Avdi, M. and G. Michailidis. “Expression of Toll-like receptors in porcine reproductive organs”. 2nd Conference of the Balkan Network for the Biotechnology in Animal Reproduction, 24-25/3/2011, Sofia, Bulgaria.5. Anastasiadou, M., Avdi, M. and G. Michailidis. “Changes in the Expression of Toll-like Receptors in the Chicken Testis During Growth and in Response to Salmonella Infection”. 15th Conference of the European Society of Domestic Animal Reproduction (ESDAR), 15-18/9/2011, Antalya, Turkey.
6. Michailidis, G. and M. Anastasiadou. “Effects of Age and Salmonella Infection on the Expression of Toll-like Receptors in the Chicken Epididymis”. 15th Conference of the European Society of Domestic Animal Reproduction (ESDAR), 15-18/9/2011, Antalya, Turkey.7. Marantidis, A., Michailidis, G., Anastasiadou, M., Kalogiannis, D., Avdi, M. and S. Chadio. “Expression of Toll-like receptors in porcine granulosa cells”. 15th Conference of the European Society of Domestic Animal Reproduction (ESDAR), 15-18/9/2011, Antalya, Turkey.
8. Michailidis, G., Anastasiadou, M. and P. Froment. “Changes in the expression of Toll-like receptors in response to lipopolysaccharide in chicken Sertoli cells”. 16th Conference of the European Society of Domestic Animal Reproduction (ESDAR), 29/8 – 1/9/2012, Dublin, Ireland.9. Anastasiadou, M., Avdi, M. and G. Michailidis. “Expression of Avian β-Defensins During Growth and in Response to Salmonella Infection in the Chicken Testis and Epididymis”. 16th Conference of the European Society of Domestic Animal Reproduction (ESDAR), 29/8 – 1/9/2012, Dublin, Ireland.
10. Michailidis, G., Beek, J., Maes, D., Anastasiadou, M. and A. Van Soom. “Expression of Toll-like receptors and cytokines in porcine blastocysts stimulated by bacterial lipopolysaccharide”. 1st General Meeting of EPICONCEPT, Antalya, Turkey, 24-25/4/2013.11. Faure, M., Alves, S., Guibert, E., Michailidis, G., Anastasiadou, M., Brillard, J.P. and P. Froment. “Inflammatory response of testis cells amended in the presence of metformin”. The 11th Poultry Research Days, JRA, 25-26/3/2015, Tours, France.
12. Faure, M., Alves, S., Guibert, E., Michailidis, G., Anastasiadou, M., Brillard, J.P. and P. Froment. ‘’ Inflammatory response of testicular cells is modified by metformin’’. 1eres Journees Scientifiques du GDR REPRO - La recherche en Reproduction, 13-15/4/2015, Campus de Beaulieu, de l’Université Rennes, France.13. Michailidis, G., Anastasiadou, M. and M. Avdi. ‘’Cytokine activation in hen reproductive organs during growth and Salmonella infection ‘’. 19th Annual European Society of Domestic Animal Reproduction (ESDAR) Conference 2015 and 26th Annual EU-AI Vets Meeting, 16-19/09/2015, Albena Resort, Varna, Bulgaria.
14. Anastasiadou, M. and G. Michailidis. ‘’Cytokine activation in rooster reproductive organs during sexual maturation and Salmonella infection’’. EPICONCEPT Conference 2015 Epigenetics and Periconception Environment, Hersonissos, Crete, Greece, 06-07/10/2015.15. Anastasiadou, M., Michailidis, G., Kalogiannis, D. and S. Chadio. “Effects of lipopolysaccharide on the expression of cytokines in porcine granulosa cells”. Epigenetics and Periconception Environment, EPICONCEPT Conference 2016, Giardini Naxos, Italy, 26 - 29 September 2016.
16. Anastasiadou, M., Theodoridis, A. And G. Michailidis. “Investigation of polymorphisms in MC4R and GPX5 genes in Greek pigs”. 8th International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies in Agriculture, Food & Environment, September 21-24, 2017, Chania, Crete, Greece.17. Anastasiadou M. and G. Michailidis. “Production of female pigs by embryo sexing using the porcine amelogenin gene”. The European Cooperation in Science and Technology (COST) Conference IPEMA, 8-9 February 2018, Lisbon, Portugal.
Research Interest: My ultimate research goal is to discover the role of functional foods in health and diseases. There is growing evidence supporting the role of diet and food components during pregnancy and lactation on development of obesity and chronic diseases in offspring. Therefore, my particular interest is to understand how food components and primarily proteins and peptides consumed during pregnancy and lactation can influence risk of obesity and chronic diseases in next generation. Moreover, factors affecting food intake and appetite as key components in prevention and treatment of obesity and its comorbidities are my particular research interest.
Research Interest: experience in integrated aquaculture, aquaponics and Fisheries, biodiversity, bioscience and
biosafety. I have worked on R&D projects funded by King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology
(KACST, Saudi Arabia) focusing on-
• Aquaponics (Integrated Agriculture-Aquaculture) and Recirculating Aquaculture Systems
• Survey and integrated Cultivation of Seaweeds with shrimp/fish on the sea coast.
• Biodiversity and DNA barcoding of commercial fish species from the Arabian Gulf.
• Aquaculture Nutrition
• Mass cultivation of Microalgae
• Biosafety Assessment of Genetically Modified Crops in Animal Diets
Research Interest: Diabetes and Nutrition
Research Interest: Food Security, Environmental Science , Waste Management , Agricultural Development
Research Interest: Gut microbiome; Synbiotics; Microbial evolution; Food safety; Human nutrition; Epidemiology
Biography: Mengfei Peng achieved his Ph.D. in Biological Sciences (joint concentration of molecular/cellular biology and animal sciences) from the University of Maryland, USA, where he worked on procommensal strategies against enteric bacterial infections. Currently, he is continuing his research as a postdoctoral scientist focusing on the development of novel probiotics in modulation of gut microbiome, prevention/control of enteric diseases, and improvement on human health.
Number of publications: 14
Research Interest: Development and application of culture- dependent and independent- nucleic acid-based methods to identify, quantitatively detect and type food associated pathogenic bacteria.1
Research Interest: Soil, Plants, Crop, Soil Science, Agricultural Microbiology, Crop Production, Fertilizers, Plant Biology, Agronomy, Plant Microbe Interactions, Molecular Biology, Inoculation.
Research Interest: Ethnobotany, food plants, medicinal plants, nutraceutical plants, home gardens, local knowledge
Research Interest: Structural biology, X-ray crystallography, proteins, protein-ligand complexes.
Research Interest: 1. Proteomic analysis of Plant-microbe interactions with special reference to plant growth-promoting bacteria (PGPB) and arbuscular mycorrhizal (AM) symbiosis;
2. Effects of PGPB and AM fungi on crop quality with particular interest in food quality improvement;
3. Effects of PGPB and AM fungi on plants exposed to biotic (phytopathogenic fungi and phytoplasma) and abiotic (heavy metals) stresses;
4. Analysis of soil quality using microorganisms as bioindicators;
5. Effects of essential oils on opportunistic human pathogen;
6. Proteomic of clinical pathogens.
Research Interest: Mycotoxins, especially Ochratoxin A in Animal Nutrition
Research Interest: Application of plant extract as natural additives to the different food system as well as functional food product development.
Research Interest: My research interest include noninfectious diseases, metabolism of microelements and welfare in pigs
Research Interest: 1. Plant bioactive compounds extraction and instrumental analysis e.g. phenolic acids, flavonoids
2. Determination of antioxidant capacity of constituents from plant derived foods (olive oil, wine, plants, mushrooms etc)
3. Food contaminants determination (metals e.g. Sn, Cd, Cu, biogenic amines)
4. Food Allergens determination by ELISA (new field)
5. GMOs in milk and milk products by PCR (new field)
Research Interest: Bioenergy, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Food Science, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Biology, Systems Biology, Chemical Engineering, Physical Biology, and Biomimetics.
Research Interest: Anatomy, Biochemistry, Biology, Nutrition, Physiology and Public Health.
Research Interest: Investigation of chemical composition and
technological properties of plant products, and evaluation of its influence on
nutrition value; creation new analysis methods and new food technologies,
developing HPLC methods for phytoestrogens in plant products
Research Interest: Compost, Composting, Lignin, Polyphenols, Antioxidant
Research Interest: Meta-Analysis, Predictive Microbiology, Risk Assessment, Meat Quality, Meat Safety, Meat Products and Sampling Plans.
Research Interest: Rice, Sorghum, Transgene, Bioinformatics, Abiotic Stresses, Protein Quality.
Research Interest: Animal Health, Animal Genetics, Animal Science, Animal Production, Cattle
Research Interest: Nutritional Assessment, Body Composition, Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis, Anthropometry, Malnutrition, Obesity, Geriatric Nutrition, Pediatric Nutrition
Research Interest: Dry-cured meat products, Fatty acid profile, Amino acid composition, Physico-chemical properties, Sensory characteristics, Microbiology
Research Interest: Solid waste management; Composting; Vermicomposting; Bioavailability and chemical speciation of heavy metals; Characterization and analysis of solid wastes; Water and waste water treatment; Ecological Engineering; Remediation of soil pollutants; Recovery of heavy metals from solid waste; Phytoremediation; Synthesis and environmental applications of nanomaterials.
Research Interest: Food Safety, Disease Control and Prevention, nutrition survey, nutrition intervention, and nutrition policy development, childhood obesity intervention
Biography: Jinsong Bao is currently a professor in the Institute of Nuclear Agricultural Sciences at Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China. He received his B.S. (1993) and M.S. (1996) degrees in horticulture from Zhejiang Agricultural University, and his Ph.D. degree in biophysics from Zhejiang University in 1999. His research interests are in molecular genetics of rice quality, more specifically in the areas of starch quality, nutritional quality, genetic mapping, and molecular breeding. His current research projects are 1) new markers for SSIIa gene and their relation to gelatinization temperature, 2) candidate gene mapping for rice quality and yield, and 3) molecular breeding of new rice high in nutraceutical properties and health benefits. He has published more than 50 peer-reviewed research articles and three book chapters in these areas, and has received two professional awards for his achievements in the genetic study and molecular improvement of rice quality from Zhejiang Provincial Government. He has awarded the "Young Scientist Research Award" from AACCI, and Zhejiang Young Science and Technology Award from the Zhejiang Association of Science and Technology. He has traveled and worked extensively in Hong Kong and USA. He teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in mutational genetics, and developmental biology in plants. He is a member of the editorial board of the Cereal Chemistry (SCI), Genes & Genomics (SCI), and Open Journal of Genetics.
Research Interest: Rice Quality: Genetics & Molecular Breeding
Research Interest: Biomass to biofuels and chemicals, Lignin conversion to materials and chemicals, Green Pre-treatment technology development, Hot water pretreatment optimization; Microwave/ultrasonic assisted pretreartment; Gene-modified energy crops; Structural change on biomass during the pretreatment, Pretreatment Reactor development
Research Interest: Remote sensing for ecology and environment. Land evaluation and planning. Spatial economic analysis on agricultural resources.
Agricultural Wastes; Biofuel; Lignocellulose; Value-Added Chemicals
Research Interest: Contaminants in soil/food and their risk assessment
Research Interest: Tyrosinase Inhibitors And Their Structure-Activity Relationships, Inhibitory Mechanism, Design and Synthesis Of Tyrosinase Inhibitors. Formation Mechanism And Control Strategy Of Harmful Substances of Maillard Reaction. Active Components from Plants, Fruits, Vegetables, and Traditional Chinese Medicine, and Their Physiological Functions
Research Interest: Food nutrition and allergy, Soybean anti-nutritional factors, Efficient utilization of dietary nutrients and intestinal Health.
Research Interest: 1) Understanding the mechanism of plant-insect interactions, specially the interaction between rice and brown planthopper. 2) Screening target genes of brown plant hopper for insect pests controlling. 3) Exploring and characterizing the potential endogenous resistance for crop protection.
with emphasis on how nutrition (amino acids) and diet affect growth
performance, immune system, oxidative balance, and nutritional absorption.
Meanwhile, oxidative stress (birth and weaning oxidative injury), antioxidant
signal, oxidative stress-inflammation, and antioxidant agent (such as amino
acids) are also focused.
Research Interest: Biometrology, Bionanotechnology, Bioenergy, Biomass, electron, light and atomic force microscopy
Research Interest: Agronomy, Crop Physiology, Stress Physiology, Seed Physiology, High crop efficiency, Nutrient Use Efficiency, Maize photosynthesis
Research Interest: Modified Atmospheric Packaging, Bioactive Food Packaging, Rechargeable Antimicrobial Materials, Biocatalytic Materials, And Non-Fouling Materials.
Research Interest: Agronomy, Agricultural Entamology
Research Interest: Plant Genetics, Plant Physiology, Meteorology, And Soil Science. Agronomy
Research Interest: Crop Production, Organic Farming, Biological Active Substances,
Allelopathy, Energy Assessments
Research Interest: Plant Breeding Seed Production
Research Interest: Critical Care Medicine, ECMO (Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation) Cardiopulmonary Support In Critical Care, Nutrition, Transfusion Medicine.
Research Interest: Biotechnological Tools And Methods For Early Detection And Sustainable Management Of Basal Stem Rot Disease In Coconut Plantations Using Microbial Consortia Bacterial Endophytes Mediated Induced Systemic Resistance Against Major Pests And Diseases In Cotton Molecular Characterization Of Plant Pathogens Induced Systemic Resistance Biochemistry Of Plant Defense Mechanisms And Biological Control Of Plant Diseases
Research Interest: Climate Change and Agriculture, Abiotic Stress Physiology, Allelopathy, Greenhouse Gases, Plant Nutrition, Seed Invigoration
Research Interest: Plans to Combat Desertification, ill ages of Khuzestan Province Using AHP Model, Small and Medium Enterprises in Agriculture Sector Technical problems of gardening
Research Interest: Plant breeding, plant genetics, agronomy, plant
biotechnology plant physiology, plant biology
Ohio State University, USA
Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine and Cardiology
Prof. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Developmental Research
Taipei Medical University, Taiwan
Archives of Nursing Practice and Care
University of Athens, Greece
Open Journal of Chemistry
University of Pisa, Italy
Annals of Psychiatry and Treatment
Huazong University of Science and Technology, China
Open Journal of Pediatrics and Child Health
University of Genoa, Italy
Global Journal of Allergy
Dr. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Archive of Gerontology and Geriatrics Research
International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL), Portugal
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
Ohio State University, USA
Open Journal of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics