Samy I. McFarlane
State University of New York, Downstate Medical Centre, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Malgorzata Gabriela WASNIEWSKA
University of Messina, Italy
Dr May Ng MBBS (Hons) FHEA FRCPCH MSc LLM PhD
Dr May Ng holds a dual accreditation specialist qualification in General Paediatrics and Paediatric Endocrinology & Diabetes. She is based in Southport and Ormskirk NHS Trust and is the Associate Medical Director. She was previously Clinical Director for Paediatrics from 2012-2016. She has an Honorary Senior Lecturer position at the Institute of Translational Medicine, University of Liverpool. She completed her undergraduate degree under full scholarship in Sydney, Australia and undertook her paediatric training in Australia and in the United Kingdom (UK). She was the recipient of the UK Medical Research Council Fellowship in 2006 and completed further training to obtain a Masters and PhD degree in paediatric endocrinology and diabetes. Dr Ng also holds a Master of Laws degree and is active in medicolegal work.
Dr Ng has held over £300,000 in research grants and is an active researcher in paediatric endocrinology and diabetes. She has produced a book chapter and over 100+ publications (50 peer reviewed research papers, 45 as first/senior author) including three Cochrane reviews and has presented at more than 100+ scientific meetings.
Research Interest: puberty, thyroid, diabetes , adrenal
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ROLES:
Fellow of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (FRCPCH)
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
Member of the European Society of Paediatric Endocrinology (ESPE)
Committee member of European Society of Paediatric Endocrinology Online Learning
Member of the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) Adoption and Impact Programme Reference Panel
Member of the National Steering Group for Children and Young People’s Diabetes Peer Review
Diabetes Officer of the British Society of Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes (BSPED)
Assessor for the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health ST7/START
Committee Member of the RCPCH Paediatricians in Medical Management
RCPCH CSAC Training Advisor for Endocrinology and Diabetes
CCST, Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training: (1) General Paediatrics and (2) Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, General Medical Council UK
FRCPCH, Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, UK
DCH, Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, UK
FHEA, Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK
MBBS (Honours) University of Sydney, Australia
Master of Medical Science (Child Health, Diabetes and Endocrinology) University of Liverpool
PhD (Child Health) University of Liverpool
Master in Laws , University of Liverpool
Winner of 2015 Diabetes Quality in Care (QiC) award
Finalist Commended 2017 Diabetes Team of the year Diabetes Quality in Care (QiC) award
Pride Awards 2015 Team of the Year Southport & Ormskirk NHS Trust
Highly Commended Diabetes Team of the Year 2015 BMJ awards
Finalist HSJ Clinical Leader of the year 2015
Finalist in the UK Asian Woman of Achievement Award
Newborn Appeal Grant 2011
Best Research Abstract Award 2010 BSPED UK
Newborn Appeal Grant 2007
MRC Fellowship 2006 Medical Research Council, UK
University Prize for Paediatrics, University of Sydney, Australia
Number of Publications: 50
1. Ng SM, Turner MA, Avula S. Ultrasound measurements of thyroid gland volume at 36 weeks corrected gestational age in extreme preterm infants born before 28 weeks gestation. European Thyroid Journal 2017.
2. Apperley L, Ng SM. Socioeconomic Deprivation, Household Education and Employment are Associated With Increased Hospital Admissions and Poor Glycemic Control in Children With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus. Review of Diabetic Studies 2017
3. Ng SM. Digital Footprints: Steps towards transformation in paediatric diabetes. Journal of MHealth 2017, March ow.ly/g6Um30aYCZU
4. Ng SM, Stepien K. Glucocorticoid replacement regimens in the treatment of 21-hydroxylase deficiency congenital adrenal hyperplasia (Protocol) published Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2017, Issue 1. Art. No CD012517. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD012517
5. Ng SM, Edge J. Hyperglycaemic Hyperosmolar State (HHS) in children: A practical guide to management. Paediatrics and Child Health Journal 2017 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.paed.2017.01.002
6. Ng SM, Soni A, Didi M. Neonatal Pituitary-Thyroid Axis Dysregulation with Combined Thyroid Hormone and Thyrotropin Resistance in Infant with Trisomy 21 and Maternal Subclinical Hypothyroidism. J Neonatal Biol 2016 5:4 DOI: 10.4172/2167-0897.1000243
7. Ng SM, Agwu JC, Dwan K. A systematic review and meta-analysis of Synacthen tests for assessing hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal insufficiency in children. Arch Dis Child 2016 :1–7. doi:10.1136/archdischild-2015-308925
8. Ng SM, Turner M. The Importance of Risk Stratification and Management of Newborn Babies of Women with a History of Graves’ disease. Int J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2016, 2(1): 001-004
9. Soni A, Agwu JC, Kershaw M, Edge J, Wright N, Ng SM. Management of children with type 1 diabetes during illness: a national survey. Postgrad Med J 2015 doi:10.1136/postgradmedj-2015-133786
10. Ng SM, Vizard M. The great enabler: how technology is helping to improve patient outcomes in paediatric diabetes. British Journal of Diabetes and Vascular Disease 2015;15:86-88
11. Soni A, Ng SM. Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes in children and young people: updated NICE guidance. Practical Diabetes 2015;32:281-282
12. Ng SM. Improving patient outcomes with technology and social media in paediatric diabetes. BMJ Quality Improvement Reports 2015; 4(1) DOI:10.1136/bmjquality.u209396.w3846 (1)
13. Ng SM, Watson G, Turner MA, Newland P and Weindling AM. Do maternal factors influence neonatal thyroid status in the extreme premature infant? The Journal of Maternal-Fetal & Neonatal Medicine 2014:26:1-11.
14. Agwu C, Ng SM, Edge DA, Wright. Care of children and young people with diabetes who require surgery. Diabetes Care for Children and Young People 2014:3:106-110
15. Ng SM, Soni A. Intensive diabetes management and goal setting are key aspects of improving metabolic control in children and young people with Type 1 diabetes mellitus. World Journal of Diabetes 2014: 5(6): 877-881 DOI: http://dx.doi. org/10.4239/wjd.v5.i6.877
16. Ng SM, Finnigan L, Connellan L, Caitriona Kerinan, Coward S. Improving paediatric diabetes care with the use of an integrated paediatric electronic diabetes information management system and routine uploading of blood glucose meters and insulin pumps in outpatient clinics. Archive of Disease in Childhood 2014; 99:1059 doi:10.1136/archdischild-2014-307021
17. Ng SM, Mariguddi S, Coward S, Middleton H. Successful implementation of a paediatric community home nursing service as a model of service delivery in acute paediatric care. British Journal of Nursing 2014: 23 (4):209-212.
18. Ng SM, Turner MA, Watson G, Victor S, Isherwood DM, Newland P, Didi M and Weindling AM. Is dopamine an iatrogenic disruptor of thyroid and cortisol function in the extremely premature infant? Advances in Endocrinology 2014; DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/973184
19. Soni A, Shaw EJ, Natarajan A, Ng SM. Children with Type 1 Diabetes mellitus developing concurrent autoimmune disease are not at risk of worsening metabolic control or growth impairment. Practical Diabetes 2014: 31(6):243-246
20. Ng SM, Turner MA, Didi M, Parkes L, Tietze A, Atkinson J, Sluming V and Weindling AM. Effect of thyroxine on brain microstructure in extremely premature babies: magnetic resonance imaging findings from the TIPIT study. Pediatric Radiology 2014:44 (8):987-96
21. Ng SM, Balmuri S. Review of insulin treatment in stress related hyperglycaemia in children without pre-existing diabetes. Acta Paediatrica 2013 doi:10.1111/apa.12442
22. Ng SM, Turner MA, Victor S, M Didi, C Gamble, D Manning, R Gupta, P Settle. P Newland and Weindling AM. An explanatory randomised placebo-controlled trial of thyroxine supplementation in extreme preterm Infants < 28>
23. Murphy A, Martin P, Jukka C, Menon A, Ng SM. Recurrent primary paediatric herpetic whitlow of the big toe. BMJ Case Reports 2013 doi:10.1136/bcr-2013-008598
24. Murphy C and Ng SM. Institution of multiple daily insulin regimen compared with twice daily pre-mixed insulin regimen for children with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus. American Journal of Clinical Medicine Research 2013 1 (1). doi: 10.12691/ajcmr-1-1-2
25. Ng SM, Drury JA, Turner MA, M Didi, Victor S, Paul Newland, Weindling AM. A Novel Method of Collection of Saliva for Estimation of Steroid Levels in Extremely Premature Infants. Acta Paediatrica 2013:102 (4): 356-9
26. Gangadharan A, Hanumanthaiah H, Ng SM. The Use of Iodine as First Line Therapy in Graves' Disease Complicated with Neutropenia at First Presentation in a Paediatric Patient. British Journal of Medicine and Medical Research, 3(2): 324-328, 2013
27. Hanumanthaiah H, Gangadharan A, Ng SM. Continuous insulin infusion therapy for acute stress hyperglycemia secondary to asthma exacerbation in a paediatric patient. Journal of Diabetes Research and Clinical Metabolism 2012: http://dx.doi.org/10.7243/2050-0866-1-19
28. Ng SM, Wong SC, Chakkrapani E, Rahman F, Newland P, Isherwood DM, Didi M. Multivariate analysis of factors that affect neonatal screening thyrdois stimulating hormone. Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism 2011, 24: 727-732
29. Hussain M, Cheri J, Khalid M, Matouk Z, Ng SM, Chanderasekaran S, Didi M, Blair J. Growth monitoring still has a place in selected populations of children. BMJ Case Reports 2011; doi:10.1136/bcr.01.2010.2640
30. Ng SM, Weindling MA. The impact of networks on clinical trials in the United Kingdom . Trials 2009, 10:100
31. Ng SM, Turner MA, Gamble C, M Didi, Victor S, Malamateniou C, Parkes L, Tietze A, Gregory L,Sluming V, Abernethy L and Weindling AM. TIPIT: A Randomised Controlled Trial of Thyroxine in Preterm Infants under 28 weeks Gestation: Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Magnetic Resonance Angiography Protocol. BMC Pediatrics 2008, 8:26
32. Ng SM. Hypothyroxinemia of prematurity: cause, diagnosis and management. Expert Review of Endocrinology & Metabolism 2008, 3: 453-462
33. Ng SM, Dhullipala A, Weindling AM. High versus low dose of initial thyroid hormone replacement for congenital hypothyroidism. Cochrane Database of Systemic Reviews 2008, Issue 1
34. Ng SM, Turner MA, Gamble, Didi M, Victor S, Weindling AM. TIPIT: A Randomised controlled trial of thyroxine in preterm infants born under 28 weeks gestation. Trials 2008, 9: 17
35. Ng SM, Wong SC, Isherwood DM, Didi M. Biochemical severity of thyroid ectopia in congenital hypothyroidism demonstrates sexual dimorphism. European Journal of Endocrinology 2007, 156: 49-53
36. Ng SM, Wong SC, Chakkrapani E, Rahman F, Newland P, Isherwood DM, Didi M. There is a delay in screening premature infants for congenital hypoithyroidism. Archives of Disease in Childhood Fetal Neonatal Ed 2006, 91: F465-466
37. Ng SM, May JE, Emmerson AJB. Continuous insulin infusion in hyperglycemic ELBW infants: An evaluation of treatment response. Biology of the Neonate 2005, 4: 269-272
38. Ng SM, Kumar Y, Cody D, Didi M and Smith CS. The gonadotrophins response to GnRH test is not a predictor of neurological lesion in girls with central precocious puberty. Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism 2005, 18: 849-852
39. Ng SM, Wong SC, Isherwood DM, Smith CS, Didi M. Multivariate analysis on factors affecting suppression of thyroid stimulating hormone in treated congenital hypothyroidism. Hormone Research 2004, 20: 245-251
40. Wong SC, Ng SM, Didi M. Children with congenital hypothyroidism are at risk of adult obesity due to early adiposity rebound. Clinical Endocrinology 2004, 61: 441-6
41. Ng SM, Wong SC, Didi M. Head circumference and linear growth during the first 3 years in treated congenital hypothyroidism in relation to aetiology and initial biochemical severity. Clinical Endocrinology 2004, 61: 155-9
42. Chalameau M, Hadjiaathanasiou C, Ng SM, Cassio A, Mul D, Cisternino M, Partsch CJ, Theodoris C, Didi M, Cacciari E, Oostdijk W, Borghesi A, Sippell WG, Breart G, Brauner R. How to select girls with precocious puberty for brain imaging? An evidence based approach: EUROPUB study. A multicentre trial. Journal of Pediatrics 2003, 143: 445-450
43. Ng SM, Jones AP. Drug therapies for reducing gastric acidity in people with cystic fibrosis. Cochrane Collaboration, Cochrane Library 2003, Issue 2
44. Ng SM, Kumar Y, Cody D, Didi M and Smith CS. Cranial MRI scans are indicated in all girls with central precocious puberty. Archives of Disease in Childhood 2003, 88: 414-418
45. Cody D, Ng SM, Didi M and Smith CS. The differing outcomes of hyperthyrotropinemia. Journal of Paediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism 2003, 16: 375-378
46. Ng SM, Khurana R, Hughes U, Manning D. Is prolonged use of computer games a risk factor for deep venous thrombosis in children? Clinical Medicine 2003, 6: 593-594
47. Ng SM, Toh EM and Sherrington CA. Clinical predictors of abnormal computed tomography scans in paediatric head injury. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health 2002, 38: 388-392
48. Ng SM, Ariffin WA, Lin HP, Chan LL and Chin YM. Clinical features and treatment outcome of children with myeloid antigen coexpression in B-lineage acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Journal of Tropical Paediatrics 2000, 46: 73-78
49. Ng SM, Lin HP, Ariffin WA, Lam SK and Chan LL. Age, sex, hemoglobin and white cell count at diagnosis are important prognostic factors in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia treated with BFM-type protocol. Journal of Tropical Paediatrics 2000, 46: 338-343
50. Ng SM, Ariffin WA, Lin HP and Chan LL. Presenting features and treatment outcome of 78 Malaysian children with neuroblastoma. Southeast Asian Journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health 1999, 30: 149-153
Research Interest: Mineral metabolism and metabolic bone disease, in particular osteoporosis
Research Interest: The nature of memory retained
in the uterine myometrium that is responsible for recurrent loss of pregnancy
ii. Regulation of small gproteins by oxidative and endoplasmic stress responses
in pregnancies complicated by diabetes mellitus
Research Interest: The novel functions of
calcineurin B subunit (CnB) in the activation of innate immunity and in cancer
treatment. We have identified the integrin αM as a new receptor of CnB on
macrophage and revealed how this receptor mediates CnB-triggered anti-tumor
activity. We also showed that CnB protein can synergize with inteferon-γ to
skew tumor-associated macrophages (TAMs) to an anti-tumor phenotype (M1
phenotype) and to enhance inteferon-γ- mediated tumoricidal activity. So far, I
mainly focus on the molecular mechanisms of necroptosis (a new form of
programmed cell death). We are trying to reveal new modulators in the regulation
of necroptotic pathway, and to reveal the roles and mechanisms of necroptosis
in tumorgenisis and metastasis
Research Interest: Autoimmunity, autoimmune thyroid
disease, thyrotropin receptor, thyrotropin autoantibodies, thyroglobulin
autoantibodies, thyroperoxidase autoantibodies.
Research Interest: Prostate Cancer, Molecular
Epidemiology, Pharmacogenomic studies, Metabolic syndrome, Endocrine-Related
Cancer, Urolithiasis, Andrology, Male Erectile dysfunction
Research Interest: Diabetes experimental and clinical and gastroenterology and neuroendocrine tumors
Research Interest: Molecular imaging, receptor
scintigraphies, SPECT-CT, PET-CT
Research Interest: Sleep apnea research, but
especially in sleep apnea related with endocrine disorders, testosterone
disorders in sleep apnea patients
Research Interest: Primary: Kidney (patho-)physiology Secondary: Diabetes mellitus, oxidative stress, ion transport
Research Interest: Osteoporosis and obesity
Research Interest: Reproductive science, Antioxidant
potential of some peptides: oxytocin, melatonin, kisspeptin, Neurosicence, Ischemia/reperfusion
injury, Reproductive science, Antioxidant potential of some peptides: oxytocin,
melatonin, kisspeptin, NeurosicenceIschemia/reperfusion injury
Research Interest: Research has been focused on the
understanding of the mechanisms of the development of Peeclampsia, the most
common cause of retarded fetal development.
Research Interest: clinical and genetics of metabolic bone diseases; clinical and genetics of familial and sporadic neuroendocrine tumors.
Grants: • 1992 Grant Meeting: "International Conferences On Calcium Regulating Hormones, Florence, 24 to 29 April 1992. Awarded by the Scientific Program Committee and Executive Committee.
• 2009: Lifetime Career Achievement Award of the Italian Society of Osteoporosis and Mineral Metabolism and Disease of the Skeleton, Torino, November 20, 2009.
URL: ORCID ID https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6739-4417;
List of Publications:
PUBBLICAZIONI SU RIVISTE INTERNAZIONALI
1. de Leonardis V., De Scalzi M., Falchetti A., Cinelli P., Croppi E., Livi R., Scarpelli L., Scarpelli P.T.: Echocardiographic evaluation of children with and without family hystory of essential hypertension. Am. J. Hypert. 1:305-308, 1988. [IF 3.496; 2005]
2. de Leonardis V., De Scalzi M., Perrin A., Falchetti A., Cinelli P.: Systolic time intervals and their relationship to arterial blood pressure. J. Hypert. 4 (suppl. 5): S319-S321, 1986. [IF 5.218; 2005]
3. Friedman E, Sakaguchi K., Bale A.E., Falchetti A., Streeten E., Zimering M., Weinstein L., Mc Bride W.O., Nakamura Y., Brandi M. L., Norton J. A., Aurbach G. D., Spiegel A. M., Marx S. J.: Parathyroid tumors in familial multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 and in sporadic adenomas show clonal losses of alleles within chromosome 11. New Engl. J. Med. 321, 213, 1989. [44.016; 2005]
4. Falchetti A., Bale A. E., Amorosi A., Bordi C., Cicchi P., Bandini S., Marx S. J., Brandi M. L.: Progression of uremic hyperparathyroidism involves allelic loss on chromosome 11. J. Clin. End. Metab. 76: 139, 1993. [6.02, 2005]
5. Brandi M.L., Weber G., Svensson A., Falchetti A., Tonelli F., Castello R., Furlani L., Scappaticci S., Fraccaro M., Larsson C. Homozygotes for the autosomal dominant neoplasia syndrome (MEN I). Am J Hum Genet. 53:1167-1172, 1993. [12.649; 2005]
6. Bani Sacchi T., Bani D., Brandi M.L., Falchetti A., Bigazzi M. Relaxin influences growth, differentiation and cell-cell adhesion of human breast-cancer cells in culture. Int J Cancer. 57:129-134, 1994. [4.7; 2005]
7. Bordi C., Falchetti A., Buffa R., Azzoni C., D’Adda T., Caruana P., Rindi G., Brandi M. L. Production of Basic Fibroblast Growth Factor by Gastric Carcinoid Tumors and Their Putative Cells of Origin. Hum Pathol. 25(2):175-180, 1994. [2.55; 2005]
8. Falchetti A., Morelli A., Brandi M.L. Allelic loss on chromosome 11q12-13 in visceral lipoma and intestinal carcinoid from two patients with Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Type 1. J Endocrinol Invest. 17(Suppl. 2 al #3):77, 1994. [1.496; 2005]
9. Amorosi A., Nesi G., Spini S., Tonelli F., Falchetti A., Brandi M.L. Histologic Features of Parathyroid Hyperplasia in Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Type I (MEN I). Diagnostic and Surgical Implications. Acta Chir. Austriaca, 26 (Suppl. 112); 13-15, 1994.
10. Tonelli F. Spini S., Gabbrielli G., Falchetti A., Brandi M. L. The surgical treatment of hyperparathyroidism in multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN 1) syndrome. Acta Chir. Austriaca, 26 (Suppl. 112); 26-28, 1994.
11. Bordi C., Falchetti A., Azzoni T. et al. Lack of allelic loss at the men 1 gene locus in a non-endocrine adenocarcinoma of a patient with men 1 syndrome. Virchows Archiv. 426: 203-208, 1995. [2.224; 2005]
12. Morelli A., Falchetti A., Weinstein L. et al. RFLPs analysis of human chromosome 11 region q13 in multiple symmetric lipomatosis and multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1-associated lipomas. Biochem Biophys Res Comm. 207(1):363-368, 1995. [3.0; 2005]
13. Morelli A., Falchetti A., Castello R., et al. Genetic screening to identify the gene carrier in italian and german kindreds affected by multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN 1) syndrome. J Endocrinol Invest. 18:329-335, 1995. [1.496; 2005]
14. Fiorelli G., Gori F., Frediani U., Morelli A., Falchetti A., Benvenuti S., Masi L., Brandi M. L. Evidence for bioeffects of LY 139478 on the human preosteoclastic cell line FLG 29.1. Biochem Biophys Res Comm. 211(3):857-863, 1995. [3.0; 2005]
15. Falchetti A., Tonelli F., Brandi M.L. Genetic aspects of molecular basis of parathyroid tissue growth. Italian J Min Electrolyte Metab. 9:73-78, 1995.
16. Brandi M. L., Falchetti A., Tonelli F., Bordi C. Editorial: Are allelic losses at 11q13 universal in MEN 1 tumors? J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 81(9):3162-3163, 1996. [6.02, 2005]
17. Forti G., Falchetti A., Santoro S., Davis D. L., Wilson J. D., Russell D. W. Steroid 5à-reductase 2 deficiency: virilization in early infancy may be due to partial function of mutant enzyme. Clin. Endocrinol. 44:477-482, 1996. [3.412, 2005]
18. Fiorelli G., Formigli L., Zecchi Orlandini S., Gori F., Falchetti A., Morelli A., Tanini A., Benvenuti S., Brandi M. L. Characterization and function of the receptor for IGF-1 in human preosteoclastic cells. Bone 18(3):269-276, 1996. [3.939, 2005]
19. Morelli A., Falchetti A., Amorosi A., Tonelli F., Bearzi I., Ranaldi R., Tomassetti P., Brandi M. L. Clonal analysis by chromosome 11 microsatellite-PCR of microdissected parathyroid tumors from MEN 1 patients. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm., 227:736-742, 1996. [3.0, 2005]
20. Bordi C., Falchetti A., Azzoni C., D’Adda T., Canavese G., Guariglia A., Santini D., Tomassetti P., Brandi M. L. Aggressive forms of gastric neuroendocrine tumors in multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1. Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 21(9) :1075-1082, 1997. [4.377 2005]
21. Benvenuti S., Masi L., Falchetti A., Mancini L., Formigli L., Zecchi S., Amorosi A., Tonelli F., Brandi M. L. HPE cells: A clonal endothelial cell line established from human parathyroid tissue (Human Parathyroid Cell Line). Endothelium 5:37-49, 1997. [2.343, 2005]
22. Falchetti A., Morelli A., Amorosi A., Tonelli F., Fabiani S., Martineti V., Brandi M. L. Allelic loss in parathyroid tumors from MEN 1 homozygotes. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 82(7) :2278-2282, 1997. [6.02, 2005]
23. Giorgi L., Fanfani E., Trovati F., Falchetti A., Novelli GP. Immediate-early genes expression in spinal cord as related to acute noxious stimulus. Int J Clin Pharmacol Res. 17(2-3): 59-61, 1997. [1.057, 2005]
24. Falchetti A., Brandi M. L. Genetic testing for multiple endocrine neoplasias. Endocrine Related Cancer, 5:37, 1998. [4.905, 2005]
25. Masi L., Becherini L., Gennari L., Colli E., Mansani R., Falchetti A., Cepollaro C., Gonnelli S., Tanini A., Brandi M.L.: Allelic variants of human calcitonin receptor: distribution and association with bone mass in postmenopausal Italian women. Bioch Bioph Res Comm 245:622, 1998. [3.0, 2005]
26. L. Masi, L. Becherini, E. Colli, L. Gennari, R. Mansani, A. Falchetti, A.M. Becorpi, C. Cepollaro, S. Gonnelli, A. Tanini, M.L. Brandi: Polymorphisms of the calcitonin receptor gene are associated with bone mineral density in postmenopausal Italian women. Biochem Biophys Res Comm, 248: 190, 1998. [3.0, 2005]
27. L. Gennari, L. Becherini, R. Mansani, L. Masi, A. Falchetti, A.M. Morelli, E. Colli, S. Gonnelli, C. Cepollaro, M.L. Brandi: Fok I polymorphhism of the vitamin D receptor gene, bone mineral density and osteoporotic fractures in postmenopausal Italian women. J Bone Min Res. 14(8):1379-86, 1999. [6.527, 2005]
28. Falchetti A, Becherini Lucia, Martineti Valentina, Morelli Annamaria, Benvenuti Susanna, Picariello Lucia, Gennari Luigi, Lampugnani Rinaldo, Bordi Cesare, Brandi Maria Luisa. Telomerase Repeat Amplification Protocol (Trap): A New Molecular Marker For Parathyroid Carcinoma. Biochem Biophys Res Comm. 26(5):252-5, 1999. [3.0, 2005]
29. Morelli A., Falchetti A., Martineti V., Becherini L., Mark M., Friedman E., Brandi M. L. MEN1 gene mutation analysis in Italian patients affected by Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia type 1 syndrome. Eur J Endocrinol. 142(2):131-137, 2000. [2.962, 2005]
30. Becherini L., Gennari L., Masi L., Mansani R. Massart F., Morelli A., Falchetti A., Gonnelli S., Fiorelli G., Tanini A., Brandi M. L. Evidence of a linkage disequilibrium between polymorphisms in the human estrogen receptor alfa gene and their relationship to bone mass variation in postmenopausal women. Human Molecular Genetics 9(12):2043-2050, 2000. [7.764, 2005]
31. Picariello L., Benvenuti S., Recenti R., Formigli L., Falchetti A., Morelli A., Masi L., Cicchi P., Tonelli F., Brandi M.L. Microencapsulation of human parathyroid cells: an “in vitro” study. Journal of Surgical Research 96(1):81-89, 2001. [1.956, 2005]
32. Masi L., Becherini L., Gennari L., Amedei A., Colli E., Falchetti A., Farci M., Silvestri S., Gonnelli S., Brandi M. L. Polymorphism of the Aromatase gene in postmenopausal women: distribution and correlation with bone mass and fracture risk. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab, 86(5): 2263-2269, 2001. [6.02, 2005]
33. Mark M., Morelli A., Brandi M. L., Falchetti A., Olchovski D., Arnaldi G., Mantero F., Friedman E. Somatic mutation analysis of the MEN1 gene in adrenocrotical tumors using denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis (DGGE). Journal of Endocrine Genetics, 2:21-27, 2001.
34. Brandi ML., Gennari L., Matucci Cerinic M., Becherini L., Falchetti A., Masi L., Gennari C., Reginster JY. Genetic markers of osteoarticular disorders: facts and hopes. Arthritis Research, 3:270-280, 2001. [2.965, 2005]
35. Morelli A., Falchetti A., Brandi ML. Gene mutations in Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia type 1. Topical Endocrinology, 18:6-9, July 2001.
36. L. Gennari, L. Becherini, A. Falchetti, L., Masi, F. Massart, Brandi M.L. Genetics of osteoporosis: role of steroid hormone receptor gene polymorphisms. Journal of Steroid Biochemistry & Molecular Biology 81(1):1-24, 2002. [2.866, 2005]
37. Brandi ML, Gagel RF, Angeli A, Bilezikian JP, Beck-Peccoz P, Bordi C, Conte-Devolx B, Falchetti A, Gheri RG, Libroia A, Lips CJ, Lombardi G, Mannelli M, Pacini F, Ponder BA, Raue F, Skogseid B, Tamburrano G, Thakker RV, Thompson NW, Tomassetti P, Tonelli F, Wells SA Jr, Marx SJ. Guidelines for diagnosis and therapy of MEN type 1 and type 2. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2001 Dec;86(12):5658-71. [6.02, 2005]
38. Falchetti A. Genetics of osteoarticular disorders, Florence, Italy, 22-23 February 2002. Arthritis Res 4(5):326-31, 2002. [2.965, 2005]
39. Vezzoli G, Tanini A, Ferrucci L, Soldati L, Bianchin C, Franceschelli F, Malentacchi C, Porfirio B, Adamo D, Terranegra A, Falchetti A, Cusi D, Bianchi G, Brandi ML. Influence of calcium-sensing receptor gene on urinary calcium excretion in stone-forming patients. J Am Soc Nephrol 13(10):2517-23, 2002. [7.240, 2005]
40. Massart F, Becherini L, Marini F, Noci I, Piciocchi L, Del Monte F, Masi L, Falchetti A, Tanini A, Scarselli G, Brandi L. Analysis of estrogen receptor (ERa and ERb) and progesterone receptor (PR) polymorphisms in uterine leiomyomas. Med Sci Monit 9(1):BR25-30, 2003.
41. Cioppi F, Falchetti A, Masi L, Brandi ML. Dynamic investigation for evaluation of calcium metabolism and parathyroid function. J Endocrinol Invest. 2003;26(7 Suppl):83-91. [1.496, 2005]
42. Falchetti A., M. Di Stefano, F. Marini, F. Del Monte, C. Mavilia, D. Strigoli, M. L. De Feo, G. Isaia, L. Masi, A. Amedei, F. Cioppi, V. Ghinoi, S. Maddali Bongi, G. Di Fede, C. Sferrazza, G. B. Rini, D. Melchiorre, M. Matucci-Cerinic and M. L. Brandi. Two novel mutations at exon 8 of Sequestosome 1 gene (SQSTM1) in an Italian series of patients affected by Paget’s disease of bone (PDB). Journal of Bone and Mineral Research 19(6):1013-7, 2004. [6.527, 2005]
43. Falchetti A. "Calcium agonists in hyperparathyroidism" Invited review Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2004 Mar;13(3):229-44. [3.267, 2005]
44. Brandi ML, Falchetti A. Genetics of primary hyperparathyroidism. Urol Int. 2004;72 Suppl 1:11-6. [0.585, 2005]
45. Gennari L, Masi L, Merlotti D, Picariello L, Falchetti A, Tanini A, Mavilia C, Del Monte F, Gonnelli S, Lucani B, Gennari C, Brandi ML. A Polymorphic CYP19 TTTA Repeat Influences Aromatase Activity and Estrogen Levels in Elderly Men: Effects on Bone Metabolism. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004 Jun;89(6):2803-10. [6.02, 2005]
46. Falchetti A., Vezzosi G., Gambaro G. Genetics of primary hypercalciuria. Clinical Cases in Mineral and Bone Metabolism. 2004, 1:27-34.
47. Croppi E., Vitale C., Bevilacqua M., Borghi L., Caudarella R., Falchetti A., Gambero G., Marangella M., Trinchieri A., Vezzosi G., Brandi ML. Consensus statement on diagnosis of primary hypercalciuria. Clinical Cases in Mineral and Bone Metabolism. 2004, 1:73-75.
48. Lucia Bacciottini, Annalisa Tanini, Alberto Falchetti, Laura Masi, Francesco Franceschelli, Barbara Pampaloni, Gianluca Giorgi, Maria Luisa Brandi. Calcium bioavailability from a calcium-rich mineral water, with some observations on method. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2004; 38(9):761-6. [2.258, 2005]
49. Tonelli F, Fratini G, Falchetti A, Nesi G, Brandi ML. Surgery for gastroenteropancreatic tumours in multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1: review and personal experience. J Intern Med. 2005 Jan;257(1):38-49. [4.04, 2005]
50. Falchetti A, Marini F, Masi L, Brandi ML Genetic aspects of Paget’s disease of bone. Clinical Cases in Mineral and Bone Metabolism. 2004, I(3):191-202.
51. Ferolla P, Falchetti A, Filosso P, Tomassetti P, Tamburrano G, Avenia N, Daddi G, Puma F, Ribacchi R, Santeusanio F, Angeletti G, Brandi ML. Thymic Neuroendocrine Carcinoma (Carcinoid) in MEN1 Syndrome: the Italian series. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005 May;90(5):2603-9. [6.02, 2005]
52. Ulivieri FM, Falchetti A, Marini F, Brandi ML, Piodi LP, Crespi A, Verdoia C, Gerundini P. A familial case of Paget’s disease of bone with mutation at exon 8 of the sequestosome 1 (SQSTM1/p62) gene. Clinical Cases in Mineral and Bone Metabolism 2004, I(3): 231-33.
53. Falchetti A, Franchi A, Bordi C, Mavilia C, Masi L, Cioppi F, Recenti R, Picariello L, Marini F, Del Monte F, Ghinoi V, Martineti V, Tanini A, Brandi ML. Azidothymidine induces apoptosis and inhibits cell growth and telomerase activity of human parathyroid cancer cells in culture. J Bone Miner Res. 2005 Mar;20(3):410-8. [6.527, 2005]
54. V Martineti, L Picariello§, I Tognarini, S Carbonell Sala, A Gozzini, C Azzari, C Mavilia, A Tanini, A Falchetti, G Fiorelli, F Tonelli And M L Brandi. ERb is a potent inhibitor of cell proliferation in HCT8 human colon cancer cell line through regulation of cell cycle components. Endocr Rel Cancer 12(2):455-69, 2005. [4.905, 2005]
55. Falchetti A., Marini F., Tonelli F, Brandi M. L. Lessons from genes mutated in multiple endocrine neoplasia (MEN) syndromes. Ann. Endocrinol 2005; 66, 3:195-205. [0.506, 2005]
56. Falchetti A., Di Stefano M., Marini F., Del Monte F., Gozzini A., Masi L., Tanini A., Amedei A., Carossino A., Isaia G. and. Brandi M. L. Segregation of M404V mutation of p62/sequestosome 1 (p62/SQSTM1) gene with polyostotic Paget’s disease of bone in an Italian family. Arthritis Res. & Therapies 2005; 7(6):R1289-95. [2.965, 2005]
57. A. Falchetti, F. Marini, F. Del Monte et al. Results of a national survey on multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome type 1 in Italy: a macroaggregate analysis. Clinical Cases in Mineral and Bone Metabolism 2005, II(1): 29-35.
58. L Gennari, A. Falchetti, Bandini S. et al. Genetic polymorphisms of vitamin D receptor amd calcium sensing receptor gene in uremic secondary hyperparathyroidism: a multicentric Italian study. Clinical Cases in Mineral and Bone Metabolism 2005, II(1): 37-41.
59. A. Falchetti, Gozzini A., Masi L et al. Allelic loss at the vitamin D receptor (VDR) locus in parathryoid tissue from one patient affected by refractory uremic. Clinical Cases in Mineral and Bone Metabolism 2005, II(1): 53-55.
60. Francesco Tonelli, Geri Fratini., Gabriella Nesi, Maria Silvia Tommasi., Giacomo Batignani, Alberto Falchetti, and Maria Luisa Brandi. Pancreatectomy in Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia type 1-related gastrinomas and pancreatic endocrine neoplasias. Annals of Surgery 257(1):38-49, 2005. [6.328, 2005]
61. Carbonell Sala S, Masi L, Marini F, Del Monte F, Falchetti A, Franceschelli F, Brandi ML. Genetics and pharmacogenetics of osteoporosis. J Endocrinol Invest. 2005;28(10 Suppl):2-7. [1.496, 2005]
62. Ralston SH, Uitterlinden AG, Brandi ML, Balcells S, Langdahl BL, Lips P, Lorenc R, Obermayer-Pietsch B, Scollen S, Bustamante M, Husted LB, Carey AH, Diez-Perez A, Dunning AM, Falchetti A, Karczmarewicz E, Kruk M, Leeuwen JP, Meurs JB, Mangion J, McGuigan FE, Mellibovsky L, Monte FD, Pols HA, Reeve J, Reid DM, Renner W, Rivadeneira F, Schoor NM, Sherlock RE, Ioannidis JP. Large-Scale Evidence for the Effect of the COLIA1 Sp1 Polymorphism on Osteoporosis Outcomes: The GENOMOS Study. PLoS Med. 2006 Feb 21;3(4): e90. [13.800, 2006]
63. Nuzzo V, Tauchmanova L, Falchetti A, Faggiano A, Marini F, Piantadosi S, Brandi ML, Leopaldi L, Colao A. MEN1 family with a novel frameshift mutation. J Endocrinol Invest. 2006 May; 29(5):450-6. [1.496, 2005]
64. Tonelli F, Fratini G, Nesi G, Tommasi MS, Batignani G, Falchetti A, Brandi ML. Pancreatectomy in Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Type 1-Related Gastrinomas and Pancreatic Endocrine Neoplasias. Ann Surg. 2006 Jul; 244(1):61-70. [6.328, 2005]
65. G. Rindi, G. Klöppel, H. Alhman, M. Caplin, A. Couvelard, W. W. der Herder, B. Erikssson, A. Falchetti, M. Falconi, P. Komminoth, M. Körner, J.M. Lopes, A-M. McNicol, O. Nilsson, A. Perren, A. Scarpa, J-Y. Scoazec, B. Wiedenmann and all other Frascati Consensus Conference participants. TNM STAGING OF FOREGUT (NEURO)ENDOCRINE TUMORS: a consensus proposal including a grading system. Virchows Arch. 449(4):395-401, 2006. [2.224, 2005]
66. Marini F, Falchetti A, Del Monte F, Carbonell Sala S, Gozzini A, Luzi E, Brandi ML. Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Type 1. Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2006 Oct 2;1(1):38 [Epub ahead of print]. [1.030, 2006]
67. Marini F, Falchetti A, Del Monte F, Carbonell Sala S, Tognarini I, Luzi E, Brandi ML. Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Type 2. Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2006 Nov 14:1-45 [Epub ahead of print]. [1.030, 2006]
68. Falchetti A. and Maria Luisa Brandi. Hereditary Hyperparathyroidism. Clinical Cases in Mineral and Bone Metabolism, 2006; 3(2):141-149.
69. Brandi ML and Falchetti A. What is the relationship between Paget's disease of bone and hyperparathyroidism? Journal of Bone and Mineral Research 2006 Dec;21 Suppl 2:P69-74. [6.527, 2005]
70. A. Falchetti, C. Sferrazza, C. Cepollaro, A. Gozzini, F. Del Monte, L. Masi, N. Napoli, G. Di Fede, V. Cannone, G. Cusumano, M. C. Pandolfo, G. B. Rini, A. Tanini and M. L. Brandi. FokI polymorphism of vitamin d receptor gene correlates with dual x-ray absorptiometry, quantitative ultrasound and bone turnover markers in an italian female population from Lampedusa island. Calcif Tissue Int. 2007 Jan;80(1):15-20. [2.487, 2005]
71. Cepollaro C, Lauretani F, Gozzini A, Masi L, Falchetti A, Del Monte F, Carbonell-Sala S, Tanini A, Corsi AM, Bandinelli S, Ferrucci L, Brandi ML. Relationship of Volumetric Bone Mineral Density and Structural Parameters with ERalpha Gene Polymorphisms. Calcif Tissue Int. 2007 May;80(5):307-15. Epub 2007 May 16. [2.487, 2005]
72. Adami S, Bartolozzi P, Brandi ML, Falchetti A, Filipponi P, Gonnelli S, Bianchi G, Isaia GC, Nuti R. Italian guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of Paget's disease of bone. Reumatismo. 2007 Apr-Jun;59(2):153-68.
73. Masi L, Falchetti A, Brandi ML. Osteonecrosis in genetic disorders. Clinical Cases in Mineral and Bone Metabolism, 2007; 4(1):27-29.
74. Falchetti A, Masi L, Brandi ML. Thiazolidinediones and bone. Clinical Cases in Mineral and Bone Metabolism, 2007; 4(2):103-105.
75. Bacciottini L, Falchetti A, Pampaloni B, Bartolini E, Carossino A, Brandi ML. Phytoestrogens: food or drug? Clinical Cases in Mineral and Bone Metabolism, 2007; 4(2):123-130.
76. Masi L, Del Monte F, Gozzini A., De Feo ML, Gheri RG, Neri A, Falchetti A, Amedei A, Imbraco R, Mavilia C, Tanini A, Brandi ML. A novel polymorphism at the GNAS1 gene associated with low circulating calcium levels. Clinical Cases in Mineral and Bone Metabolism, 2007; 4(2):139-145.
77. Masi L, Maddali Bongi S, Angotti C, Del Monte F, Carbonell Sala S, Basetti A, Amedei A, Falchetti A, Brandi ML. The role of osteoprotegerin (OPG) and estrogen receptor (ER-a) gene polymorphisms in rheumatoid arthritis. Clinical Cases in Mineral and Bone Metabolism, 2007; 4(2):156-160.
78. F Tonelli, T Marcucci; G Fratini; MS Tommasi; A Falchetti, ML Brandi. Is total parathyroidectomy the treatment of choice for hyperparathyroidism in multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1? Ann Surg. 2007 Dec;246(6):1075-82. [6.328, 2005]
79. Laura Masi, Francesca Del Monte, Alessia Gozzini, Maria Laura De Feo, Riccardo Gionata Gheri, Annasilvia Neri, Alberto Falchetti, Antonietta Amedei, Rosario Imbriaco, Carmelo Mavilia, Annalisa Tanini, Maria Luisa Brandi. A novel polymorphism at the GNAS1 gene associated with low circulating calcium levels. Clinical Cases in Mineral and Bone Metabolism 2007; 4(2): 139-145.
80. Lucia Bacciottini, Alberto Falchetti, Barbara Pampaloni, Elisa Bartolini, Anna Maria Carossino, Maria Luisa Brandi. Phytoestrogens: food or drug? Clinical Cases in Mineral and Bone Metabolism 2007; 4(2): 123-130.
81. Laura Masi, Susanna Maddali Bongi, Chiara Angotti, Francesca Del Monte, Silvia Carbonell Sala, Massimo Basetti, Antonietta Amedei, Alberto Falchetti, Maria Luisa Brandi. The role of osteoprotegerin (OPG) and estrogen receptor (ER-α) gene polymorphisms in rheumatoid arthritis. Clinical Cases in Mineral and Bone Metabolism 2007; 4(2): 156-160.
82. Langdahl BL, Uitterlinden AG, Ralston SH, Trikalinos TA, Balcells S, Brandi ML, Scollen S, Lips P, Lorenc R, Obermayer-Pietsch B, Reid DM, Armas JB, Arp PP, Bassiti A, Bustamante M, Husted LB, Carey AH, Pérez Cano R, Dobnig H, Dunning AM, Fahrleitner-Pammer A, Falchetti A, Karczmarewicz E, Kruk M, van Leeuwen JP, Masi L, van Meurs JB, Mangion J, McGuigan FE, Mellibovsky L, Mosekilde L, Nogués X, Pols HA, Reeve J, Renner W, Rivadeneira F, van Schoor NM, Ioannidis JP; APOSS investigators; DOPS investigators; EPOS investigators; EPOLOS investigators; FAMOS investigators; LASA investigators; ERGO investigators; GENOMOS Study. Large-scale analysis of association between polymorphisms in the transforming growth factor beta 1 gene (TGFB1) and osteoporosis: the GENOMOS study. Bone. 2008 May;42(5):969-81. [3.939, 2005]
83. Villa C, Magri F, Morbini P, Falchetti A, Scagnelli P, Lovati E, Locatelli D, Canevari FR, Necchi V, Gabellieri E, Guabello G, Chiovato L, Solcia E. Silent Familial Isolated Pituitary Adenomas: Histopathological and Clinical Case Report. Endocr Pathol. 2008 Mar 4. [Epub ahead of print]. [1.099, 2005]
84. Falchetti A, Marini F, Luzi E, Tonelli F, Brandi ML. Multiple endocrine neoplasms. Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol. 2008 Mar;22(1):149-63. [1.904, 2005]
85. van Meurs JB, Trikalinos TA, Ralston SH, Balcells S, Brandi ML, Brixen K, Kiel DP, Langdahl BL, Lips P, Ljunggren O, Lorenc R, Obermayer-Pietsch B, Ohlsson C, Pettersson U, Reid DM, Rousseau F, Scollen S, Van Hul W, Agueda L, Akesson K, Benevolenskaya LI, Ferrari SL, Hallmans G, Hofman A, Husted LB, Kruk M, Kaptoge S, Karasik D, Karlsson MK, Lorentzon M, Masi L, McGuigan FE, Mellström D, Mosekilde L, Nogues X, Pols HA, Reeve J, Renner W, Rivadeneira F, van Schoor NM, Weber K, Ioannidis JP, Uitterlinden AG; GENOMOS Study. Collaborators Falchetti A et al. Large-scale analysis of association between LRP5 and LRP6 variants and osteoporosis. JAMA. 2008 Mar 19;299(11):1277-90. [23.332, 2005]
86. Falchetti A, Cilotti A, Vaggelli L, Masi L, Amedei A, Cioppi F, Tonelli F, Brandi ML. A patient with MEN1-associated hyperparathyroidism, responsive to cinacalcet. Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab. 2008 Jun;4(6):351-7. [3.678, 2007]
87. Marini F, Falchetti A, Silvestri S, Bagger Y, Luzi E, Tanini A, Christiansen C, Brandi ML. Modulatory effect of farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase (FDPS) rs2297480 polymorphism on the response to long-term amino-bisphosphonate treatment in postmenopausal osteoporosis. Curr Med Res Opin. 2008 Sep;24(9):2609-15. [2.945, 2005]
88. F. Marini, S. Carbonell Sala, A. Falchetti, D. Caramelli, M.L. Brandi. The genetic ascertainment of multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN1) syndrome by ancient DNA analysis. J Endocrinol Invest. 2008 Oct;31(10):905-9. [1.496, 2005]
89. D Najat, T Garner, T Hagen, B Shaw, PW Sheppard, A Falchetti, F Marini, ML Brandi, JE Long, JR Cavey, MS Searle, R Layfield. Characterisation of a non-UBA domain missense mutation of sequestosome 1 (SQSTM1) in Paget's disease of bone. J Bone Miner Res. 2008 Dec 2, 24(4):632-42. [6.527, 2005]
90. Falchetti A, Di Stefano M, Marini F, Ortolani S, Ulivieri FM, Bergui S, Masi L, Cepollaro C, Benucci M, Di Munno O, Rossini M, Adami S, Del Puente A, Isaia G, Torricelli F, Brandi ML, on behalf of the GenePage Project. Genetic epidemiology of Paget’s disease of bone in Italy: sequestosome1/p62 gene mutational test and haplotype analysis at 5q35 in a large representative series of sporadic and familial Italian cases of Paget’s disease of bone. Calcif Tissue Int. 2009 Jan;84(1):20-37. [2.487, 2005]
91. Falchetti A., Marini F., Giusti F., Cavalli L., Cavalli T., Brandi M. L. DNA-based Test: When and Why to apply it to Primary Hyperparathyroidism Clinical Phenotypes. J Intern Med. 2009 Jul;266(1):69-83. [4.04, 2009]
92. Alberto Falchetti and Maria Luisa Brandi. MEN1-related states, MEN1 variants, MEN1 phenocopies: are they only a nosologic issue? J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009 May; 94(5):1518-20. [6.02, 2008]
93. Masi L, Gozzini A, Franchi A, Campanacci D, Amedei A, Falchetti A, Franceschelli F, Marcucci G, Tanini A, Capanna R, Brandi ML. A novel recessive mutation of fibroblast growth factor-23 in tumoral calcinosis. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009 May;91(5):1190-8. [2.444, 2006]
94. Tonelli F, Marcucci T, Giudici F, Falchetti A, Brandi ML. Surgical Approach in Hereditary Hyperparathyroidism. Endocr J. 2009;56(7):827-41. [1.600, 2008]
95. Laura Papi, Domenico Palli, Laura Masi, Anna Laura Putignano, Caterina Congregati, Ines Zanna, Francesca Marini, Francesca Giusti, Ettore Luzi, Francesco Tonelli, Maurizio Genuardi, Maria Luisa Brandi, Alberto Falchetti. Germline mutations in MEN1 and BRCA1 genes in a female subject with familial Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia type 1 and inherited breast/ovarian cancer syndromes: a case report. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2009 Nov;195(1):75-9. [1.529, 2003]
96. Falchetti Alberto, Marini Francesca, Luzi Ettore, Giusti Francesca, Cavalli Loredana, Cavalli Tiziana, Brandi Maria Luisa. Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Type 1 (MEN1): not only inherited endocrine tumors. Genet Med. 2009 Dec;11(12):825-35. [3.716, 2008]
97. Antonio Cilotti, Alberto Falchetti. Male osteoporosis and androgenic therapy: from testosterone to SARMs. Clinical Cases in Mineral and Bone Metabolism 2009; 6(3): 229-233.
98. Loredana Cavalli, Tiziana Cavalli, Gemma Marcucci, Alberto Falchetti, Laura Masi, Maria Luisa Brandi. Biological effects of various regimes of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 (calcidiol) administration on bone mineral metabolism in postmenopausal women. Clinical Cases in Mineral and Bone Metabolism 2009; 6(2): 169-173.
99. Edwin Jobany Parra Prada, Khodr Haidar Hassan, Maria Luisa Brandi, Alberto Falchetti. Polyostotic form of fibrous dysplasia in a 13 years old Colombian girl showing clinical and biochemical response to neridronate intravenous therapy. Clinical Cases in Mineral and Bone Metabolism 2009; 6(3): 264-265.
100. Vincenzo Nuzzo, T. Ferrara, Alfonso Zuccoli, Raffaella Brunetti-Pierri, Roberto De Rosa, Alberto Falchetti, R. Franco, and Nicola Brunetti-Pierri. Infiltrating giant cell tumor in a case of Paget’s disease of bone. Arch Osteoporos. 2009 December; 4(1-2): 91–94.
101. Francesca Giusti, Alberto Falchetti, Francesco Franceschelli, Francesca Marini, Annalisa Tanini and Maria Luisa Brandi Thyroid Cancer: Current Molecular Perspectives. J Oncol. 2010; 2010:351679.
102. Romei C, Mariotti S, Fugazzola L, Taccaliti A, Pacini F, Opocher G, Mian C, Castellano M, degli Uberti E, Ceccherini I, Cremonini N, Seregni E, Orlandi F, Ferolla P, Puxeddu E, Giorgino F, Colao A, Loli P, Bondi F, Cosci B, Bottici V, Cappai A, Pinna G, Persani L, Verga U, Boscaro M, Castagna MG, Cappelli C, Zatelli MC, Faggiano A, Francia G, Brandi ML, Falchetti A, Pinchera A, Elisei R; ItaMEN network. Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 syndromes (MEN 2): results from the ItaMEN network analysis on the prevalence of different genotypes and phenotypes. Eur J Endocrinol. 2010 August; 163(2):301-8. [3.539, 2009]
103. Falchetti A, Masi L, Brandi ML. Paget's disease of bone: there's more than the affected skeletal--a clinical review and suggestions for the clinical practice. Curr Opin Rheumatol. 2010 Jul;22(4):410-23. [4.600, 2010]
104. Maria Giovanna Filippella, Antongiulio Faggiano, Alberto Falchetti, Annamaria Colao, Carlo Rosa, Carlo Poti, Corrado Musso, Giulio Doveri, and Maria Luisa Brandi. Risk of fractures and bone abnormalities in postmenopausal women with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Clin Cases Miner Bone Metab. 2010 May–Aug; 7(2): 126–129.
105. Roberta Cosso, Vincenzo Nuzzo, Alfonso Zuccoli, Maria Luisa Brandi, and Alberto Falchetti. Giant cell tumor in a case of Paget's disease of bone: an aggressive benign tumor exhibiting a quick response to an innovative therapeutic agent. Clin Cases Miner Bone Metab. 2010 May–Aug; 7(2): 145–152.
106. Genetic aspects of the Paget's disease of bone: concerns on the introduction of DNA-based tests in the clinical practice. Advantages and disadvantages of its application. Falchetti A, Marini F, Masi L, Amedei A, Brandi ML. Eur J Clin Invest. 2010 Jul;40(7):655-67. [2.643, 2009]
107. Ribozyme-mediated compensatory induction of menin-oncosuppressor function in primary fibroblasts from MEN1 patients. Luzi E, Marini F, Tognarini I, Carbonell Sala S, Galli G, Falchetti A, Brandi ML. Cancer Gene Ther. 2010 Nov;17(11):814-25. [3.126, 2009]
108. Genetic screening for multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome type 1 (MEN-1): when and how. Falchetti A. F1000 Med Rep. 2010 Feb 24;2. pii: 14.
109. LRP5 gene polymorphism and cortical bone. Lauretani F, Cepollaro C, Bandinelli S, Cherubini A, Gozzini A, Masi L, Falchetti A, Del Monte F, Carbonell-Sala S, Marini F, Tanini A, Corsi AM, Ceda GP, Brandi ML, Ferrucci L. Aging Clin Exp Res. 2010 Aug;22(4):281-8. [1.26, 2009].
110. Pharmacogenetics of bisphosphonate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw. Marini F, Tonelli P, Cavalli L, Cavalli T, Masi L, Falchetti A, Brandi ML. Front Biosci (Elite Ed). 2011 Jan 1;3364-70. [3.603, 2009]
111. MEN syndromes. Falchetti A. Tumori. 2010 Sep-Oct;96(5):823-6. [0.86, 2009]
112. Bargellini T, Cantelli G, Bruscino A, Falchetti A, Giusti F, Brandi ML, Valeri A. Left laparoscopic adrenalectomy for pheochromocytoma in MEN 2B: case report. G Chir. 2011 Mar;32(3):132-4.
113. The Genetic Determinants of Paget's Disease (GDPD) Consortium, Albagha OM, Wani SE, Visconti MR, Alonso N, Goodman K, Brandi ML, Cundy T, Chung PY, Dargie R, Devogelaer JP, Falchetti A, Fraser WD, Gennari L, Gianfrancesco F, Hooper MJ, Van Hul W, Isaia G, Nicholson GC, Nuti R, Papapoulos S, Montes JD, Ratajczak T, Rea SL, Rendina D, Gonzalez-Sarmiento R, Di Stefano M, Ward LC, Walsh JP, Ralston SH. Genome-wide association identifies three new susceptibility loci for Paget's disease of bone. Nat Genet. 2011 May 29;43(7):685-9. [34.284, 2010].
114. Falchetti A, Cavalli L, Cavalli T, Giusti F, Marcucci G, Marini F, Brandi ML. Molecular diagnosis of parathyroid carcinoma: a reality in the near future. Expert Opin Med Diagn. 2012 Jan;6(1):27-37.
115. Falchetti A, Gozzini A, Terranegra A, Soldati L, Vezzoli G, Leoncini G, Giusti F, Franceschelli F, Masi L, Tanini A, Cavalli L, Brandi ML. A novel germline inactivating mutation in the CaSR gene in an italian kindred affected by Familial Hypocalciuric Hypercalcemia. Eur J Endocrinol. 2012 Feb 7. [Epub ahead of print]. [3.9, 2010].
116. Ettore Luzi, Francesca Marini, Isabella Tognarini, Gianna Galli, Alberto Falchetti and Maria Luisa Brandi. The regulatory network menin-microRNA 26a as possible target for a RNA-based therapy of bone diseases. Nucleic Acid Ther. 2012 Apr;22(2):103-8. [2.9, 2010].
117. Malavolta N, Rossi E, Buffa A, Falchetti A. Fragility fractures: clinical and therapeutic aspects. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2015 Oct-Dec;29(4):761-9. [2.04, 2016].
118. Roberta Cosso & Alberto Falchetti (2016): Vitamin K and bone metabolism: the myth and the truth, Expert Review of Precision Medicine and Drug Development, DOI: 10.1080/23808993.2016.1174061.
119. Falchetti A. Genetics of multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 syndrome: what's new and what's old. F1000Res. 2017, Jan 24;6.
120. Eller-Vainicher C, Palmieri S, Cairoli E, Goggi G, Scillitani A, Arosio M, Falchetti A, Chiodini I. Protective Effect of Denosumab on Bone in Older Women with Primary Hyperparathyroidism. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2018 Jan 24. doi: 10.1111/jgs.15250. [Epub ahead of print] [4.388, 2017].
121.Roberto Cesareo, Roberto Attanasio, Marco Caputo, Roberto Castello, Iacopo Chiodini, Alberto Falchetti, Rinaldo Guglielmi, Enrico Papini, Assunta Santonati, Alfredo Scillitani, Vincenzo Toscano, Vincenzo Triggiani, Fabio Vescini, Michele Zini and on behalf of AME and Italian AACE Chapter. Italian Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AME) and Italian Chapter of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) Position Statement: Clinical Management of Vitamin D Deficiency in Adults. Nutrients 2018, 10, 546; doi:10.3390/nu10050546. [I. F. 4,187].
122. Cosso Roberta and Falchetti Alberto. Mitochondriopathies and bone health. Journal of Trends in Biomedical Research 2018 Volume 1(1): 1-7. doi:10.15761/JTBR.1000101.
123. Alberto Falchetti and Roberta Cosso. The interaction between vitamin C and bone health: a narrative review. Expert Review of Precision Medicine and Drug Development https://doi.org/10.1080/23808993.2018.1482211.
124. Palermo A, Capoluongo E, Del Toro R, Manfrini S, Pozzilli P, Maggi D, Defeudis G, Pantano F, Coppola R, Di Matteo FM, Raffaelli M, Concolino P, Falchetti A. A novel germline mutation at exon 10 of MEN1 gene: a clinical survey and positive genotype-phenotype analysis of a MEN1 Italian family, including monozygotic twins. Hormones (Athens). 2018 Sep;17(3):427-435. [I. F. 1,237].
125. Falchetti A. Genetics of parathyroids disorders: overview. Best Practice & Research Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism (accepted for publication). [I. F. 4,791].
126. Eller-Vainicher C, Falchetti A. Management of familial Hyperparathyroid syndromes: MEN1, MEN2, HPT-Jaw tumour, FHH, neonatal severe hyperparathyroidism, familial isolated hyperparathyroidism. Best Practice & Research Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism (accepted for publication). [I. F. 4,791].
127. Vescini F, Falchetti A, Tonelli V, Carpentieri M, Cipri C, Cosso R, Kara E, Triggiani V, Grimaldi F. Mazabraud's Syndrome: A Case Report And Up-To-Date Literature Review. Endocr Metab Immune Disord Drug Targets. 2018 Dec 25. doi: 10.2174/1871530319666181226103700 [I. F. 2.013].
128. Gennari L, Rendina D, Falchetti A, Merlotti D. Paget's Disease of Bone. Calcif Tissue Int. 2019 Jan 23. doi: 10.1007/s00223-019-00522-3. [I. F. 3,293].
129. Merlotti D, Falchetti A, Chiodini I, Gennari L. Efficacy and safety of abaloparatide for the treatment of post-menopausal osteoporosis. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2019 Mar 11:1-7. [I. F. 3.469].
130. Eller-Vainicher C, Falchetti A, Gennari L, Cairoli E, Bertoldo F, Vescini F, Scillitani A, Chiodini I. DIAGNOSIS OF ENDOCRINE DISEASE: Evaluation of bone fragility in endocrine disorders. Eur J Endocrinol. 2019 Apr 1. pii: EJE-18-0991.R1. [I. F. 4,333]
131. Cesareo R, Falchetti A, Attanasio R, Tabacco G, Naciu AM, Palermo A. Hypovitaminosis D: Is It Time to Consider the Use of Calcifediol? Nutrients. 2019 May 6;11(5). pii: E1016. [I. F. 4,196]
132. Chiodini I, Gaudio A, Eller-Vainicher C, Morelli V, Aresta C, Zhukouskaya VV, Merlotti D, Orsi E, Barbieri AM, Fustinoni S, Polledri E, Gennari L, Falchetti A, Carnevale V, Persani L, Scillitani A. Cortisol secretion, sensitivity, and activity are associated with hypertension in postmenopausal eucortisolemic women. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2019 May 21. pii: jc.2019-00037. doi: 10.1210/jc.2019-00037. [I. F. 59255]
Research Interest: Diabetes, transplantation, pancreatic islets culture, influence of
microorganism on onset of the diabetes, human microbiom.
Research Interest: General Physiology, Endocrine
Physiology, Neuroendocrine Regulation of Body Weight, Epidemiology of Obesity
and Diabetes, Endocrinology, Exercise Effect Evaluation
Published On: September 09, 2019 | Pages: 026 - 034Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 16, 2019 | Pages: 024 - 025Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 09, 2019 | Pages: 020 - 023Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 13, 2019 | Pages: 020 - 023Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: May 02, 2019 | Pages: 013 - 015Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: March 29, 2019 | Pages: 009 - 012Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: February 12, 2019 | Pages: 006 - 008Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: February 11, 2019 | Pages: 001 - 005Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: December 18, 2018 | Pages: 012 - 013Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: December 06, 2018 | Pages: 008 - 011Abstract View Full Article View
I will continue my services as an editor in this journal and confer my services. The comments we are getting from reviewers and editors are outstanding. The journal should make the fast review process. Manuscript submission process in this journal is trouble-free. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. I endorse to others that their future projects will submit in this journal for publication. I mostly like the manuscript submission process in this journal. I can easily find the required information on the journal website.
"The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and professional. The manuscript submission process in this journal is user friendly. I will definetely recomend this journal for getting major indexing platforms. I recomend my staff and friends who were experts in this journal to submit their works in this journal. The process between submission and publication timeline in this journal are satisfactory. I mostly like the rapid review process in this journal.
The required information can get easily on the journal webpage.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair. Manuscript submission process is quick and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommended this journal to others for publication of their valuable research works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is quick reply and short time process. The required information is easily available on the website.
I would like continue this association with this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and professional. The submission of manuscript process is smooth. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. The submission and publication time line process of manuscripts are quick and timely. I like the simplicity and quick publication process in the journal. I can easily find the required information on the journal webpage.
I wish to be associated with the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair. Manuscript submission process is good. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication of their works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. The required information is easily available on the website.
I like to continue my association as an editor for this journal and provide my services. The editors and reviewer comments in this journal are considerable. The manuscript submission process in this journal is uncomplicated. I propose this journal for getting reputed indexing services. I endorse that I will suggest to others to submit their works for publication in this journal. I mostly like the response, I am getting rapidly from editors and reviewers in this journal. I satisfied with the time line of manuscript submission and publication process. I can go through the journal website and easily get the required information.
I wish to associate and contribute with the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and satisfactory. Provide the p-ISSN number to the journal with indexation in important databases as Pubmed, SCOPUS, EMBASE, etc. Manuscript submission process is quick. It is very important for the journal to be indexed in International databases of repute to increase the impact factor and getting more good quality articles. I recommend this journal to others for publication of their valuable works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is the Quality of web publication. The articles are not easily searchable on the web.
The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommend this journal to others for publication. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is fast review. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
I like to continue my association as an editor in this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers is satisfactory. The journal should accept high impact articles as well as editorials from editors and reviewers. Manuscript submission process is easy. I recommend this journal for reputed indexing services. I ensure that I recommend my co-experts who were related with this journal to submit their research works. I am satisfied with submission and publication process.The guidelines for submitting articles is easily accessible on the website. The required information will easily access from website.
I definitely confer my services and continue my association as an editor in this journal. The comments from editors and reviewers are agreeable. I propose this journal for getting major reputed indexing services. I recommend to my staff for manuscripts submission in this journal.
Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, USA
Archives of Clinical Hypertension
Marco Matteo Ciccone
University of Bari , Italy
Archives of Organ Transplantation
Taipei Medical University, Taiwan
Archives of Nursing Practice and Care
Cardiometabolic Research Institute, USA
Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine and Cardiology
Ohio State University, USA
Open Journal of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics
Columbia University, USA
Journal of Novel Physiotherapy and Physical Rehabilitation
University of Genoa, Italy
Global Journal of Allergy
Beijing University of Technology , PR China
Journal of Civil Engineering and Environmental Sciences
California South University, USA
Open Journal of Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry
Lyon Catholic University (UCLy) and Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes (EPHE), France
Annals of Cytology and Pathology