Prof. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Tel: +1 418-525-4444, pos
Fax: +1 418-654-2753
Research Interest: Drug Delivery, Continuous manufacturing, Dissolutions, Solubility, Cocrystalisation, Hot-Melt Extrusion, Particle Engineering, Medical Implants, Solid-State Analysis, PAT, QbD, Spray Drying, Process Engineering.
After graduation I started to work at Medical University of Silesia, where I completed my PhD thesis on genetic polymorphisms in coronary artery disease. Selected risk factors for development of arterial ischemic stroke in children were also in the area of my scientific interests. Besides, I am also interested in diagnosis and treatment of other neurological disorders in children: schizencephaly, headache, epilepsy and cerebral palsy. Nine years ago, when I moved to the Department of Pharmaceutical Technology I started the research concerning the technology for the manufacturing and optimization of micro- and nanocarriers of active substances. In addition, I am involved in analyses of rheological parameters of semi-solid preparations.
Research Interest: developmental neurology, neuroscience, genetics, pharmaceutical technology, nanotechnology, biochemistry
Grants: I participated in a multi-center Polish scientific grant and in several academic grants. In 2017, I was a supervisor of a grant of Medical University of Silesia regarding the release of active substances from semi-solid bases.
List of Publications:
Selected articles of my authorship:
1. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Ilona Kopyta. Poststroke epilepsy: current perspectives on diagnosis and treatment. Neuropsychiatr.Dis.Treat. 2019; Vol.15, p.95-103
2. Joanna Sordyl, Ilona Kopyta, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Tomasz Francuz, Paweł Matusik, Ewa Małecka-Tendera. Lipid levels and selected biomarkers of vascular changes in children with idiopathic headaches - a preliminary report. Arch.Med.Sci. 2019; Vol.15, No.1, p.120-125
3. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Andrzej Jankowski, Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Radosław Balwierz, Anna Banyś, Renata Dyja, Dariusz Łukowiec, Dominik Marciniak, Janusz Pluta. Assessment of release of trimetazidine hydrochloride from orally disintegrating tablets (ODTs) prepared using different disintegrants. Acta Pol.Pharm.-Drug Res. 2018; Vol.75, No.3, p.697-704
4. Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Tomasz Krzykawski, Jagna Karcz, Anna Banyś, Andrzej Jankowski. Application of selected diffractive and microscopic methods to evaluate the physical state of drug and morphology of microspheres obtained by spray drying of furosemide with Eudragit L30 D-55. Acta Pol.Pharm.-Drug Res. 2018; Vol.75, No.3, p.759-765
5. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Ilona Kopyta, Michał Skrzypek. Is the 1298A>C polymorphism in the MTHFR gene a risk factor for arterial ischaemic stroke in children? The results of meta.analysis. Clin.Exp.Med. 2018; Vol.18, No.3, p.337-345.
6. Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Andrzej Jankowski. Physicochemical characteristics of furosemide incorporated Eudragit microspheres formulated by spray drying. Acta Pol.Pharm.-Drug Res. 2018; Vol.75, No.6, p.1369-1376
7. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Radosław Balwierz, Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Renata Dyja, Dariusz Łukowiec, Andrzej Jankowski. Scanning electron microscopy and X-ray energy dispersive spectroscopy - useful tools in the analysis of pharmaceutical products. J.Phys.: Conf.Series 2017; Vol.931, 012008, p.1-5
8. Andrzej Jankowski, Renata Dyja, Beata Sarecka-Hujar. Dermal and transdermal delivery of active substances from semisolid bases. Indian J.Pharmaceut.Sci. 2017; Vol.79, No.4, p.488-500
9. Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Beata Sarecka-Hujar. The use of nanotechnology in modern pharmacotherapy. In: Multifunctional systems for combined delivery, biosensing and diagnostics. / Editors: Alexandru Mihai Grumezescu, Amsterdam: Elsevier Inc., 2017, p. 139-158, ISBN: 978-0-323-52725-5
10. Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Beata Sarecka-Hujar. Perspectives of the carbon nanoparticles use in cancer therapy and imaging. Post.Biol.Kom. 2017; T.44, nr 2, s.171-184
11. Dorota Raczkiewicz, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Alfred Owoc, Iwona Bojar. Cognitive functions and serum cortisol concentration in perimenopausal and postmenopausal women working non-manually. Neuroendocrinol.Lett. 2017; Vol.38, No.4, p.269-274
12. Dorota Raczkiewicz, Alfred Owoc, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Iwona Bojar. Pain involving the motor system and serum vitamin D concentration in postmenopausal women working in agriculture. Ann.Agric.Environ.Med. 2017; Vol.24, No.1, p.151-155
13. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Ilona Kopyta, Michał Skrzypek, J. Sordyl. Association between the 20210G>A prothrombin gene polymorphism and arterial ischemic stroke in children and young adults - two meta-analyses of 3586 cases and 6440 control subjects in total. Pediatr.Neurol. 2017; Vol.69, p.93-101
14. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Anna Banyś. Determinants of telemedicine development in health care system. Ann.Acad.Med.Siles. 2016; Vol.70, s.214-219
15. Ilona Kopyta, Paweł Niemiec, Anna Balcerzyk, Ewa Emich-Widera, Ewa Pilarska, Karolina Pienczk-Recławowicz, Marek Kaciński, Janusz Wendorff, Tomasz Nowak, Tomasz Iwanicki, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Iwona Żak. Fibrinogen alpha and beta gene polymorphisms in pediatric stroke - Case-control and family based study. Eur.J.Paediatr.Neurol.2015; Vol.19, No.2, p.176-180
16. Ilona Kopyta, Mikołaj Zimny, Beata Sarecka-Hujar. The role of biochemical risk factors in the etiology of AIS in children and adults. Int.J.Neurosci.2015; Vol.125, No.12, p.875-884
17. Anna Banyś, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Andrzej Jankowski, Monika Zalewska. Impact of base type on diclofenac sodium release from semi-solid dosage forms. Ann.Acad.Med.Siles. 2014; Vol.68, No.1, s.1-8
18. Ilona Kopyta, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Joanna Sordyl, Ryszard Sordyl. The role of genetic risk factors in arterial ischemic stroke in pediatric and adult patients: a critical review. Mol.Biol.Rep. 2014; Vol.41, No.7, p.4241-4251
19. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Iwona Żak, Ewa Emich-Widera et al. Association analysis of the E-selectin 98G>T polymorphism and the risk of childhood ischemic stroke. Cell Biochem. Funct. 2010; 28: 591-596.
20. Ilona Kopyta, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Ewa Emich-Widera et al. Association between lipids and fibrinogen levels and ischemic stroke in the population of the Polish children with arteriopathy and cardiac disorders. Wiad. Lek. 2010; 63:17-23.
21. Zak I, Sarecka-Hujar B, Kopyta I et al. The T allele of the 677C>T polymorphism of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene is associated with an increased risk of ischemic stroke in Polish children. J Child Neurol. 2009; 24: 1262-1267.
22. Sarecka-Hujar B, Zak I, Krauze J. Interactions between rs5498 polymorphism in the ICAM1 gene and traditional risk factors influence susceptibility to coronary artery disease. Clin Exp Med. 2009; 9: 117-124.
Research Interest: Method development and validation of biosensors for estimation of Cancer Markers.
Research Interest: Outcomes of interventions in public health (health promotion, health services and disease, prevention).
J. Warren Salmon, Ph.D. is Professor of Health Policy and Administration, School of Public Health at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). He was formerly a Professor in and Head of the Department of Pharmacy Administration, College of Pharmacy; Professor of Public Policy Analysis, College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs; and Professor of Medical Education, College of Medicine at UIC. Professor Salmon's research interests have focused on the corporatization of medicine and pharmacy, managed care pharmacy, urban health care delivery, comparative health care systems, global pharmaceutical industry developments, alternative and complimentary medicines, and selected health policy issues. He edited Alternative Medicines: Popular and Policy Perspectives (Tavistock/Methuen/Routledge, 1984); (with Jeffrey W. Todd) The Corporatization of Health Care: A Two Day Symposium and Public Hearing (Illinois Public Health Association, 1988); (with Eberhard Goepel) Community Participation and Empowerment Strategies in Health Promotion, 7 volumes (Zentrum fuer Interdisziplinare Forschung, 1990); The Corporate Transformation of Health Care, Part I: Issues and Directions (Baywood, 1990); The Corporate Transformation of Health Care, Part II: Reflections and Implications (Baywood, 1994); and (with Linda Shapiro) Health Care for Chicagoans: How Will Health System Integration Affect the Health of the Public? (Health & Medicine Policy Research Group, 1995).
Research Interest: Health policy and planning; managed care pharmacy; urban health care; international health; pharmaceutical industry developments; community health promotion; public sector health services; corporatization of medicine and pharmacy.
List of Publications:
1. Salmon, J.W. (2015). Time to revisit Medicare Part D? American Health & Drug Benefits.
2. Salmon, J.W. & Liu, X. M. (2015, in review). Pervasive Stigma: HIV/AIDS Epidemic in China. International Journal of Health Services.
3. Edlavitch, S.A. & Salmon, J.W. (2015). Towards an applied science of regulatory decision-making. Journal of Pharmacovigilance 3:2.
4. Thompson, S.L. & Salmon, J.W. (2016, Book in preparation). Corporatization: The Medical Malpractice Insurance Crisis and the Loss of Physician Hegemony.
5. Sanchez, A.M. & Salmon, J.W. (2016, in preparation). Evaluation of the pharmaceutical performance in the undertaking of professional functions in the Cuban health care sector. Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy.
6. Thompson, S.L. & Salmon, J.W. (2016, in preparation). The medical malpractice insurance crisis. International Journal of Health Services
7. Salmon, J.W. & Aruru, M.V. (2016, in preparation). Health Tourism to India: Challenges against resource competition to sustaining a viable public healthcare infrastructure for the local populace. International Journal of Health Services
8. Aruru, M.V., Salmon, J.W. & Brock, C.M. (2016, in review). Development of the Pharmacy Inventory, Labeling, and Logistics (PILL) Project in Resource-poor Haiti. International Journal of Health Services
9. Salmon, J.W. (2016, in preparation). The global pharmaceutical industry confronts the 21st century. International Journal of Health Planning & Management.
10. Sanchez, A.M. & Salmon, J.W. (2014, in revision). Cuban pharmacy as it transitions toward a pharmaceutical care model. International Journal of Pharmacy Practice
11. Salmon, J.W. (2014). Global Health Systems. Journal of Pharmacovigilance. 2:3
12. Salmon, J.W. & Aruru, M. (2016, in revision). Privatization and health/medical tourism in their global trade context. International Journal of Public Policy
13. Thompson, S.L. & Salmon, J.W. (2014). Physician Strikes. Chest: Official Publication of the American College of Chest Physicians. November.
14. Salmon, J.W. & Gutkin, D. (2015, in preparation). Japan’s pharmaceutical industry: New developments as it challenges the major global firms. Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy.
15. Aruru, M., Salmon, J.W. & Douglas, G.W. (2014). Multiple Sclerosis in India: A qualitative study of access, adherence and other issues in Southern India. Proceedings of the Business and Health Administration Association, Chicago, Illinois, March.
16. Aruru, M. & Salmon, J.W. (2014). Lessons learned from the Pharmacy pictogram labeling project in Haiti. Proceedings of the Business and Health Administration Association, Chicago, Illinois, March.
17. Salmon, J.W. (2013). Medicare Part D & the Federal Employees Benefit Program. American Health & Drug Benefits. 6(1):58.
18. Salmon, J.W. & Jiang, R. (2013). E-Prescribing: History, Issues, and Potentials. Online Journal of Public Health Informatics 4(3).
19. Aruru, M. V. & Salmon, J.W. (2013). Assessment of Medicare Part D communications to beneficiaries. American Health & Drug Benefits. 3(5):310-317.
20. Qato, D., Salmon, J.W. & Lindau, S.T. (2015, in preparation). Racial and ethnic disparities in the use of prescription medications among older adults in the U.S.: A Population-based approach.
21. Salmon, J.W. & Sanchez, A.M. (2012). Overview of Complementary/Alternative Medicine in the Cuban Health System, International Journal of Healing and Caring 13(1).
22. Sanchez, A.M. & Salmon, J.W. (2012). Cuban pharmacy in the context of its healthcare system: Transitioning toward pharmaceutical care practice. Proceedings of the Business and Health Administration Association, Chicago, Illinois, March.
23. Salmon, J.W. (2016, in preparation). Obamacare: The dehiscence of the American health care delivery system.
24. Salmon, J.W. (2014, in preparation). Rising Social Epidemics: Avian flu, SARS & AIDS: Confronting the infrastructural deficiencies of the public health system in China. International Journal of Health Services.
25. Aruru M, & Salmon J W. (2015, in preparation). Unrestricted and Uninhibited UV exposure: A case for effective policy standards over the Indoor Tanning Industry. American Journal of Public Health
Research Interest: Molecular Biology, Immunology (antibodies, vaccines), and Microbiology (viruses, bacteria, and toxins).
Research Interest: Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry, Department of Pharmacy.
Research Interest: G-protein coupled receptors for lipid mediators, Molecular and cellular functions of lipid mediators.
Research Interest: Targeting drug delivery systems (TDDS), Multifunctional nanocarriers or macromolecules have many advantages for diseases treatments. Our lab employs diverse targeting delivery systems including conjugate, liposomes and micelles to deliver anticancer drug or gene for tumor therapy. In this process, we unitize stimuli-responsive strategies (e.g. enzyme-responsive) to obtain the targeting therapy of tumor. Cell-penetrating peptides (CPPs) are also adopted to cross cellular barriers. Internalization mechinisms of CPPs or CPP-cargoes are also focused by us.
Research Interest: Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Drugdelivery, Inhalation, Dosage forms, Particle engineering.
Research Interest: Organic Chemistry: Total Synthesis of Complex Natural Product, Computational Chemistry: Conformational Analysis, Molecular Modelling and Spectra Simulation. Natural Product Discovery: Isolation, Structural Elucidation, and Absolute Configuration Deter-mination of Natural Product.
Research Interest: Medicinal Plants, Obtaining, Characterization and standardization of extracts, Testing their pharmacological Action, Testing antioxidant activity in vitro and in vivo, Analysis and isolation of biologically active compounds (polyphenols, carotenoides, essential oils, terpenes, alkaloids), spectrometric and chromatographical analysis (HPLC, GC).
Research Interest: P8 Advancing conventional solid dosage formulation and processing.
Research Interest: Separation & purification and quality control of food science; new functional materials for food and pharmaceutical analysis.
Published On: December 31, 2019 | Pages: 016 - 024Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: December 31, 2019 | Pages: 013 - 015Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 24, 2019 | Pages: 009 - 012Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: January 03, 2019 | Pages: 001 - 008Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: November 29, 2018 | Pages: 024 - 030Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: October 18, 2018 | Pages: 020 - 023Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 27, 2018 | Pages: 009 - 019Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 15, 2018 | Pages: 001 - 008Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: November 24, 2017 | Pages: 036 - 038Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 15, 2017 | Pages: 030 - 035Abstract View Full Article View
The comments from editors and reviewers are meaning full and fair. The manuscript submission process in this journal is user friendly. I recommend this journal to get major reputed indexing platforms. I recommend to some of my colleagues to submit their valuable research works in this journal in coming future. Manuscript submission and publication time line process is satisfactory. The required information can get easily on the website.
The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Selection of reviewers regarding the ability to analyse data according to their Research interest that can be helpful for the growth of the journal. Manuscript submission process is good. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication of their valuable works. I like mostly like the Reviewer Evaluation form in the Peer Review process of this journal. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
I wiish to continue my association with this journal. The reviewer and editor comments in this journal are genuine. The journal will be great, if it can get annual citation report. The manuscript submission process is smooth and cool. I definitely recommend this journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend my staff who were related to this journal scope to submit their valuable works. I am satisfied with the submission and publication process with this journal. I like the speedy publishing process in this journal. I easily find the required information on website.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor-in-chief for the Journal. I wish to express my happy anticipation for continuing to work together towards greater successes in scientific research and related publications in future. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. I will continuously contribute editorial, review and research articles to this journal. I am also planning to propose some special topic issues for the journal. I will be more involved in peer-review process of submitted manuscript. I recommend this journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommend this journal to many of my colleagues in our institution, and other aesthetic researchers and doctors in medical schools and hospitals. I am satisfied with current submission-publication timeline; it is very effective with quick decision. I like the most in your publication process is short and effective review process, as well as high visibility. The website is friendly and easily accessible.
I wish to associate with this journal and confer my services. Comments from editors as well as reviewers are fair and Professional. The process of manuscript submission process is user friendly. I definitely recommend some of my colleagues for manuscript submission for publication in this journal. Time line process of manuscript submission and publication is acceptable.
I am writing to let you know how much I appreciate the outstanding service that your staff provided for me in the publication process. I could not get word to express my feeling concerning speed of response, quality and wonderful approach of you. Your staffs are very attentive, helpful and encouraging.I want to express my sincere thanks also for all staffs of OJPS including you for your supports of my effort and for accepting, reviewing, editing and correcting of my manuscript and finally for your fast and smart publication. The persons from each department especially Vernica D, Maha Donepudi, Heng Ye, Joshua D and all staff of OJPS are genuine with big interest to help me. Because of your effort, I was able to reach where I needed and I am very satisfied with your services. My heartfelt thanks are also extremely extended for your unthinkable encouragement and big help.
I wish to be associated with the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and satisfactory. Manuscript submission process is rapid. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommend this journal to many of my colleagues for publication of their valuable works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is quickness. The required information is easily available on the website.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Start monthly issue with ten articles in it which would be helpful for the growth of the Journal. Manuscript submission process is rapid and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommend this journal to others for publishing their valuable and interesting research work.I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in our publication process is Fast review. The required information is easily accessible on the website.
I would thank you very much for exception on
I would also thank you and your team for all the
nice work you do.
I continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The comments we are getting from editors and reviewers are acceptable. The manuscript submission process is Hassel-free. I strongly recommend this journal to get indexing in different platforms. The timeline between submission and publication is satisfactory. I like the rapid and fair publication process in this journal. I can get the required information in the journal website easily.
Hon. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Global Journal of Obesity, Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
Leeds Beckett University, UK
Archives of Community Medicine and Public Health
Peter Lloyd Nara
Private Compnay- Biological Mimetics, Inc., USA
Annals of Antivirals and Antiretrovirals
Marco Matteo Ciccone
University of Bari , Italy
Archives of Organ Transplantation
Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, USA
Archives of Clinical Hypertension
Rafal Tomasz Pawliczak
Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Open Journal of Asthma
Ohio State University, USA
Open Journal of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics
Beijing University of Technology , PR China
Journal of Civil Engineering and Environmental Sciences
Kyushu University, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Fukuoka, Japan
Global Journal of Cancer Therapy
UNIVERSITY OF REIMS , FRANCE
Archives of Sports Medicine and Physiotherapy