Prof. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Tel: +1 418-525-4444, pos
Fax: +1 418-654-2753
Research Interest: QSAR, Medicinal Chemistry, Organic Synthesis, Cytotoxicity, Heterocyclic Compounds, Synthesis, Synthesis of Organic Molecules, Pharmaceutical Development, Antioxidant Activity, Mutagenicity.
Research Interest: Pharmacoepidemiology, Drug utilization and factors related, Appropriateness, Adherence to clinical guidelines, Effectiveness, Variability.
Research Interest: Natural Product Chemistry,Nanotechnology, Essential Oils, Nanobiotechnology, Antioxidants,Veterinary Medicine, Dermatology, Pharmacy, Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Thin Films and Nanotechnology, Medicinal Plants and Herbs, Plant Biotechnology, Antioxidant Activit, Polyphenols, Phenolic Compoun, DPP, Botan, Microbiology, Environmental Chemistry, Antioxidant Assays, Flavonoids, Biotechnology, Bioactivi, Phytochemicals,LC-MS, Medicinal Plants, Spectroscopy, Chromatography, Natural Products, Ethnomedicine, Natural Product Isolatio.
Research Interest: Drug utilisation, Public Health, Cardiology, Diabetology.
After graduation I started to work at Medical University of Silesia, where I completed my PhD thesis on genetic polymorphisms in coronary artery disease. Selected risk factors for development of arterial ischemic stroke in children were also in the area of my scientific interests. Besides, I am also interested in diagnosis and treatment of other neurological disorders in children: schizencephaly, headache, epilepsy and cerebral palsy. Nine years ago, when I moved to the Department of Pharmaceutical Technology I started the research concerning the technology for the manufacturing and optimization of micro- and nanocarriers of active substances. In addition, I am involved in analyses of rheological parameters of semi-solid preparations.
Research Interest: developmental neurology, neuroscience, genetics, pharmaceutical technology, nanotechnology, biochemistry
Grants: I participated in a multi-center Polish scientific grant and in several academic grants. In 2017, I was a supervisor of a grant of Medical University of Silesia regarding the release of active substances from semi-solid bases.
List of Publications:
Selected articles of my authorship:
1. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Ilona Kopyta. Poststroke epilepsy: current perspectives on diagnosis and treatment. Neuropsychiatr.Dis.Treat. 2019; Vol.15, p.95-103
2. Joanna Sordyl, Ilona Kopyta, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Tomasz Francuz, Paweł Matusik, Ewa Małecka-Tendera. Lipid levels and selected biomarkers of vascular changes in children with idiopathic headaches - a preliminary report. Arch.Med.Sci. 2019; Vol.15, No.1, p.120-125
3. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Andrzej Jankowski, Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Radosław Balwierz, Anna Banyś, Renata Dyja, Dariusz Łukowiec, Dominik Marciniak, Janusz Pluta. Assessment of release of trimetazidine hydrochloride from orally disintegrating tablets (ODTs) prepared using different disintegrants. Acta Pol.Pharm.-Drug Res. 2018; Vol.75, No.3, p.697-704
4. Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Tomasz Krzykawski, Jagna Karcz, Anna Banyś, Andrzej Jankowski. Application of selected diffractive and microscopic methods to evaluate the physical state of drug and morphology of microspheres obtained by spray drying of furosemide with Eudragit L30 D-55. Acta Pol.Pharm.-Drug Res. 2018; Vol.75, No.3, p.759-765
5. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Ilona Kopyta, Michał Skrzypek. Is the 1298A>C polymorphism in the MTHFR gene a risk factor for arterial ischaemic stroke in children? The results of meta.analysis. Clin.Exp.Med. 2018; Vol.18, No.3, p.337-345.
6. Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Andrzej Jankowski. Physicochemical characteristics of furosemide incorporated Eudragit microspheres formulated by spray drying. Acta Pol.Pharm.-Drug Res. 2018; Vol.75, No.6, p.1369-1376
7. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Radosław Balwierz, Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Renata Dyja, Dariusz Łukowiec, Andrzej Jankowski. Scanning electron microscopy and X-ray energy dispersive spectroscopy - useful tools in the analysis of pharmaceutical products. J.Phys.: Conf.Series 2017; Vol.931, 012008, p.1-5
8. Andrzej Jankowski, Renata Dyja, Beata Sarecka-Hujar. Dermal and transdermal delivery of active substances from semisolid bases. Indian J.Pharmaceut.Sci. 2017; Vol.79, No.4, p.488-500
9. Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Beata Sarecka-Hujar. The use of nanotechnology in modern pharmacotherapy. In: Multifunctional systems for combined delivery, biosensing and diagnostics. / Editors: Alexandru Mihai Grumezescu, Amsterdam: Elsevier Inc., 2017, p. 139-158, ISBN: 978-0-323-52725-5
10. Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Beata Sarecka-Hujar. Perspectives of the carbon nanoparticles use in cancer therapy and imaging. Post.Biol.Kom. 2017; T.44, nr 2, s.171-184
11. Dorota Raczkiewicz, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Alfred Owoc, Iwona Bojar. Cognitive functions and serum cortisol concentration in perimenopausal and postmenopausal women working non-manually. Neuroendocrinol.Lett. 2017; Vol.38, No.4, p.269-274
12. Dorota Raczkiewicz, Alfred Owoc, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Iwona Bojar. Pain involving the motor system and serum vitamin D concentration in postmenopausal women working in agriculture. Ann.Agric.Environ.Med. 2017; Vol.24, No.1, p.151-155
13. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Ilona Kopyta, Michał Skrzypek, J. Sordyl. Association between the 20210G>A prothrombin gene polymorphism and arterial ischemic stroke in children and young adults - two meta-analyses of 3586 cases and 6440 control subjects in total. Pediatr.Neurol. 2017; Vol.69, p.93-101
14. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Anna Banyś. Determinants of telemedicine development in health care system. Ann.Acad.Med.Siles. 2016; Vol.70, s.214-219
15. Ilona Kopyta, Paweł Niemiec, Anna Balcerzyk, Ewa Emich-Widera, Ewa Pilarska, Karolina Pienczk-Recławowicz, Marek Kaciński, Janusz Wendorff, Tomasz Nowak, Tomasz Iwanicki, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Iwona Żak. Fibrinogen alpha and beta gene polymorphisms in pediatric stroke - Case-control and family based study. Eur.J.Paediatr.Neurol.2015; Vol.19, No.2, p.176-180
16. Ilona Kopyta, Mikołaj Zimny, Beata Sarecka-Hujar. The role of biochemical risk factors in the etiology of AIS in children and adults. Int.J.Neurosci.2015; Vol.125, No.12, p.875-884
17. Anna Banyś, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Andrzej Jankowski, Monika Zalewska. Impact of base type on diclofenac sodium release from semi-solid dosage forms. Ann.Acad.Med.Siles. 2014; Vol.68, No.1, s.1-8
18. Ilona Kopyta, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Joanna Sordyl, Ryszard Sordyl. The role of genetic risk factors in arterial ischemic stroke in pediatric and adult patients: a critical review. Mol.Biol.Rep. 2014; Vol.41, No.7, p.4241-4251
19. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Iwona Żak, Ewa Emich-Widera et al. Association analysis of the E-selectin 98G>T polymorphism and the risk of childhood ischemic stroke. Cell Biochem. Funct. 2010; 28: 591-596.
20. Ilona Kopyta, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Ewa Emich-Widera et al. Association between lipids and fibrinogen levels and ischemic stroke in the population of the Polish children with arteriopathy and cardiac disorders. Wiad. Lek. 2010; 63:17-23.
21. Zak I, Sarecka-Hujar B, Kopyta I et al. The T allele of the 677C>T polymorphism of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene is associated with an increased risk of ischemic stroke in Polish children. J Child Neurol. 2009; 24: 1262-1267.
22. Sarecka-Hujar B, Zak I, Krauze J. Interactions between rs5498 polymorphism in the ICAM1 gene and traditional risk factors influence susceptibility to coronary artery disease. Clin Exp Med. 2009; 9: 117-124.
Research Interest: Nanomedicines for therapy Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer’s disease and neural Tissue repair.
Research Interest: Natural products chemistry (including extraction and separation of compounds and structure elucidation), Discovery and biological investigation of novel drug lead compounds from plant and microbial biodiversity, Botanical dietary supplements and functional foods research and evaluation of natural product-based botanical medicines, Quality control, pharmacokinetics and in vivo metabolism of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Research Interest: Synthesis of nitrogen- and sulfur-containng heterocycles, Design and synthesis of Novel anticonvulsant, Anticancer, Antibacterial and anti-toxoplasmosis drugs, Computer-aided drug Design, Chromatographic techniques for the analysis of the newly ynthesized compounds, (Q)SAR sudies.
Research Interest: Expression Microarrays, Next Generation Sequencin, Liquid Handling Robotics, cDNA Synthesis, RNA Isolation, Splicing, PCR, Gene Expressio, Cell Cultur, Molecular Cloning, Regulation of Gene Expression, RNA Biology, Transcriptomics, Gel Electrophoresis, RNA Splicing.
Research Interest: Reactive Oxygen Species, Apoptosis, Signaling Pathways, Western Blot, Phosphorylation, Superoxide Dismutase, NADPH Oxidase, Monocytes
Research Interest: Pharmacology & Toxicology, Experimental Pharmacology, Toxicology.
Research Interest: Method development and validation of biosensors for estimation of Cancer Markers.
Research Interest: Therapeutic relevance of plant-derived compounds in the field of the gastrointestinal pathologies (IBD, cancer, etc.) and on the signal transduction mechanisms involved in their action.Moreover, Toxicological aspects of natural products are also studied.
Research Interest: Molecular pharmacology, physiology and biology of G protein-coupled (heptahelical or seven transmembrane-spanning) receptors; Heart Failure; Cardiovascular Disease; Neurohormonal control of the Circulation; Adrenal Physiology and Pharmacology; Receptors for Adrenaline and Noradrenaline; Catecholamines; Receptors for Angiotensin II; Signal Transduction; Gene Therapy; Transgenic mice and rats; Aldosterone production regulation; Regulation of Adrenergic and Angiotensin Receptors; G protein-coupled receptor Kinases; Beta-Arrestins; Novel “Biased” G protein-coupled Receptor Ligands.
Published On: January 29, 2020 | Pages: 001 - 005Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: December 31, 2019 | Pages: 016 - 024Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: December 31, 2019 | Pages: 013 - 015Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 24, 2019 | Pages: 009 - 012Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: January 03, 2019 | Pages: 001 - 008Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: November 29, 2018 | Pages: 024 - 030Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: October 18, 2018 | Pages: 020 - 023Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 27, 2018 | Pages: 009 - 019Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 15, 2018 | Pages: 001 - 008Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: November 24, 2017 | Pages: 036 - 038Abstract View Full Article View
I wish to associate with this journal and confer my services. I recommend this journal for major indexing platforms. I strongly recommend the others to submit their research works for the sake of the journal growth. The required information can get easily on journal webpage.
I am continuing my association with this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are satisfactory. Manuscript submission process in this journal is Hassle free. I strongly recommend this journal to get reputed indexing services. I recommend my friends and colleagues to submit their works in this journal for publication. The submission and publication time line process is satisfactory. I can easily find the required information on the journal website.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and meaningful. Manuscript submission process is rapid and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommended this journal to others for publication of their valuable research works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is Quality, and Timely publication. The required information is easily available on the website.
I am happy to continue the association with the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair. Indexing in pubmed can help in the journal growth. Manuscript submission process is rapid and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I put forward this journal to others for publication of their valuable works. I am satisfied with the submission to publication cycle. I like most in your publication process is the fast review. The required information on the website is appreciated.
I am happy to be associated with the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Low publication fee for authors would help for the growth of Journal. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. The required information is easily accessible on the website.
I do wish to associate with the journal and provide my services if needed. The reviewer and editor comments in this journal are considerable. Manuscript submission process is smoothie. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing platforms. I recommend my colleagues and co experts to submit their research works in this journal. The timeline of submission and publication process are satisfactory. I can find the required information in the website easily.
I wish to continue my services as an editor in this journal for journal growth. The editor and reviewer comments in this journal are good and fair. I suggest that journal should actively participate with different valuable conference and publish papers as conference proceedings. The manuscript submission process is easy and user friendly. I strongly recommend my batch mates and co-scientists to submit their valuable works in this journal for publication. I am satisfied with the manuscript submission and publication time line. I mostly like the blind review process in this journal. I can easily find the required information on the website
Thank you for your support and professional approach for submission and publication process of the manuscript.
I wish to be associated with the journal as Editor and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Manuscript submission process is rapid and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
More than happy to assist the journal as required and confer my services. The website of the journal need to be improved. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
William CS Cho
Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Hong Kong
International Journal of Immunotherapy and Cancer Research
Leeds Beckett University, UK
Archives of Community Medicine and Public Health
University of Athens, Greece
Open Journal of Chemistry
Marco Matteo Ciccone
University of Bari , Italy
Archives of Organ Transplantation
ReGenera R&D International for Aging Intervention & San Babila Clinic, Milano, Italy
Archives of Clinical Gastroenterology
Samy I. McFarlane
State University of New York, Downstate Medical Centre, Brooklyn, New York, USA
International Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
UNIVERSITY OF REIMS , FRANCE
Archives of Sports Medicine and Physiotherapy
University of Siena, Italy
International Journal of Oral and Craniofacial Science
Ohio State University, USA
Open Journal of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics
National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR)/FDA, USA
Global Journal of Anesthesiology