J. Warren Salmon, Ph.D. is Professor of Health Policy and Administration, School of Public Health at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). He was formerly a Professor in and Head of the Department of Pharmacy Administration, College of Pharmacy; Professor of Public Policy Analysis, College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs; and Professor of Medical Education, College of Medicine at UIC. Professor Salmon's research interests have focused on the corporatization of medicine and pharmacy, managed care pharmacy, urban health care delivery, comparative health care systems, global pharmaceutical industry developments, alternative and complimentary medicines, and selected health policy issues. He edited Alternative Medicines: Popular and Policy Perspectives (Tavistock/Methuen/Routledge, 1984); (with Jeffrey W. Todd) The Corporatization of Health Care: A Two Day Symposium and Public Hearing (Illinois Public Health Association, 1988); (with Eberhard Goepel) Community Participation and Empowerment Strategies in Health Promotion, 7 volumes (Zentrum fuer Interdisziplinare Forschung, 1990); The Corporate Transformation of Health Care, Part I: Issues and Directions (Baywood, 1990); The Corporate Transformation of Health Care, Part II: Reflections and Implications (Baywood, 1994); and (with Linda Shapiro) Health Care for Chicagoans: How Will Health System Integration Affect the Health of the Public? (Health & Medicine Policy Research Group, 1995).
Research Interest: Health policy and planning; managed care pharmacy; urban health care; international health; pharmaceutical industry developments; community health promotion; public sector health services; corporatization of medicine and pharmacy.
List of Publications:
1. Salmon, J.W. (2015). Time to revisit Medicare Part D? American Health & Drug Benefits.
2. Salmon, J.W. & Liu, X. M. (2015, in review). Pervasive Stigma: HIV/AIDS Epidemic in China. International Journal of Health Services.
3. Edlavitch, S.A. & Salmon, J.W. (2015). Towards an applied science of regulatory decision-making. Journal of Pharmacovigilance 3:2.
4. Thompson, S.L. & Salmon, J.W. (2016, Book in preparation). Corporatization: The Medical Malpractice Insurance Crisis and the Loss of Physician Hegemony.
5. Sanchez, A.M. & Salmon, J.W. (2016, in preparation). Evaluation of the pharmaceutical performance in the undertaking of professional functions in the Cuban health care sector. Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy.
6. Thompson, S.L. & Salmon, J.W. (2016, in preparation). The medical malpractice insurance crisis. International Journal of Health Services
7. Salmon, J.W. & Aruru, M.V. (2016, in preparation). Health Tourism to India: Challenges against resource competition to sustaining a viable public healthcare infrastructure for the local populace. International Journal of Health Services
8. Aruru, M.V., Salmon, J.W. & Brock, C.M. (2016, in review). Development of the Pharmacy Inventory, Labeling, and Logistics (PILL) Project in Resource-poor Haiti. International Journal of Health Services
9. Salmon, J.W. (2016, in preparation). The global pharmaceutical industry confronts the 21st century. International Journal of Health Planning & Management.
10. Sanchez, A.M. & Salmon, J.W. (2014, in revision). Cuban pharmacy as it transitions toward a pharmaceutical care model. International Journal of Pharmacy Practice
11. Salmon, J.W. (2014). Global Health Systems. Journal of Pharmacovigilance. 2:3
12. Salmon, J.W. & Aruru, M. (2016, in revision). Privatization and health/medical tourism in their global trade context. International Journal of Public Policy
13. Thompson, S.L. & Salmon, J.W. (2014). Physician Strikes. Chest: Official Publication of the American College of Chest Physicians. November.
14. Salmon, J.W. & Gutkin, D. (2015, in preparation). Japan’s pharmaceutical industry: New developments as it challenges the major global firms. Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy.
15. Aruru, M., Salmon, J.W. & Douglas, G.W. (2014). Multiple Sclerosis in India: A qualitative study of access, adherence and other issues in Southern India. Proceedings of the Business and Health Administration Association, Chicago, Illinois, March.
16. Aruru, M. & Salmon, J.W. (2014). Lessons learned from the Pharmacy pictogram labeling project in Haiti. Proceedings of the Business and Health Administration Association, Chicago, Illinois, March.
17. Salmon, J.W. (2013). Medicare Part D & the Federal Employees Benefit Program. American Health & Drug Benefits. 6(1):58.
18. Salmon, J.W. & Jiang, R. (2013). E-Prescribing: History, Issues, and Potentials. Online Journal of Public Health Informatics 4(3).
19. Aruru, M. V. & Salmon, J.W. (2013). Assessment of Medicare Part D communications to beneficiaries. American Health & Drug Benefits. 3(5):310-317.
20. Qato, D., Salmon, J.W. & Lindau, S.T. (2015, in preparation). Racial and ethnic disparities in the use of prescription medications among older adults in the U.S.: A Population-based approach.
21. Salmon, J.W. & Sanchez, A.M. (2012). Overview of Complementary/Alternative Medicine in the Cuban Health System, International Journal of Healing and Caring 13(1).
22. Sanchez, A.M. & Salmon, J.W. (2012). Cuban pharmacy in the context of its healthcare system: Transitioning toward pharmaceutical care practice. Proceedings of the Business and Health Administration Association, Chicago, Illinois, March.
23. Salmon, J.W. (2016, in preparation). Obamacare: The dehiscence of the American health care delivery system.
24. Salmon, J.W. (2014, in preparation). Rising Social Epidemics: Avian flu, SARS & AIDS: Confronting the infrastructural deficiencies of the public health system in China. International Journal of Health Services.
25. Aruru M, & Salmon J W. (2015, in preparation). Unrestricted and Uninhibited UV exposure: A case for effective policy standards over the Indoor Tanning Industry. American Journal of Public Health
After graduation I started to work at Medical University of Silesia, where I completed my PhD thesis on genetic polymorphisms in coronary artery disease. Selected risk factors for development of arterial ischemic stroke in children were also in the area of my scientific interests. Besides, I am also interested in diagnosis and treatment of other neurological disorders in children: schizencephaly, headache, epilepsy and cerebral palsy. Nine years ago, when I moved to the Department of Pharmaceutical Technology I started the research concerning the technology for the manufacturing and optimization of micro- and nanocarriers of active substances. In addition, I am involved in analyses of rheological parameters of semi-solid preparations.
Research Interest: developmental neurology, neuroscience, genetics, pharmaceutical technology, nanotechnology, biochemistry
Grants: I participated in a multi-center Polish scientific grant and in several academic grants. In 2017, I was a supervisor of a grant of Medical University of Silesia regarding the release of active substances from semi-solid bases.
List of Publications:
Selected articles of my authorship:
1. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Ilona Kopyta. Poststroke epilepsy: current perspectives on diagnosis and treatment. Neuropsychiatr.Dis.Treat. 2019; Vol.15, p.95-103
2. Joanna Sordyl, Ilona Kopyta, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Tomasz Francuz, Paweł Matusik, Ewa Małecka-Tendera. Lipid levels and selected biomarkers of vascular changes in children with idiopathic headaches - a preliminary report. Arch.Med.Sci. 2019; Vol.15, No.1, p.120-125
3. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Andrzej Jankowski, Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Radosław Balwierz, Anna Banyś, Renata Dyja, Dariusz Łukowiec, Dominik Marciniak, Janusz Pluta. Assessment of release of trimetazidine hydrochloride from orally disintegrating tablets (ODTs) prepared using different disintegrants. Acta Pol.Pharm.-Drug Res. 2018; Vol.75, No.3, p.697-704
4. Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Tomasz Krzykawski, Jagna Karcz, Anna Banyś, Andrzej Jankowski. Application of selected diffractive and microscopic methods to evaluate the physical state of drug and morphology of microspheres obtained by spray drying of furosemide with Eudragit L30 D-55. Acta Pol.Pharm.-Drug Res. 2018; Vol.75, No.3, p.759-765
5. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Ilona Kopyta, Michał Skrzypek. Is the 1298A>C polymorphism in the MTHFR gene a risk factor for arterial ischaemic stroke in children? The results of meta.analysis. Clin.Exp.Med. 2018; Vol.18, No.3, p.337-345.
6. Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Andrzej Jankowski. Physicochemical characteristics of furosemide incorporated Eudragit microspheres formulated by spray drying. Acta Pol.Pharm.-Drug Res. 2018; Vol.75, No.6, p.1369-1376
7. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Radosław Balwierz, Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Renata Dyja, Dariusz Łukowiec, Andrzej Jankowski. Scanning electron microscopy and X-ray energy dispersive spectroscopy - useful tools in the analysis of pharmaceutical products. J.Phys.: Conf.Series 2017; Vol.931, 012008, p.1-5
8. Andrzej Jankowski, Renata Dyja, Beata Sarecka-Hujar. Dermal and transdermal delivery of active substances from semisolid bases. Indian J.Pharmaceut.Sci. 2017; Vol.79, No.4, p.488-500
9. Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Beata Sarecka-Hujar. The use of nanotechnology in modern pharmacotherapy. In: Multifunctional systems for combined delivery, biosensing and diagnostics. / Editors: Alexandru Mihai Grumezescu, Amsterdam: Elsevier Inc., 2017, p. 139-158, ISBN: 978-0-323-52725-5
10. Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Beata Sarecka-Hujar. Perspectives of the carbon nanoparticles use in cancer therapy and imaging. Post.Biol.Kom. 2017; T.44, nr 2, s.171-184
11. Dorota Raczkiewicz, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Alfred Owoc, Iwona Bojar. Cognitive functions and serum cortisol concentration in perimenopausal and postmenopausal women working non-manually. Neuroendocrinol.Lett. 2017; Vol.38, No.4, p.269-274
12. Dorota Raczkiewicz, Alfred Owoc, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Iwona Bojar. Pain involving the motor system and serum vitamin D concentration in postmenopausal women working in agriculture. Ann.Agric.Environ.Med. 2017; Vol.24, No.1, p.151-155
13. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Ilona Kopyta, Michał Skrzypek, J. Sordyl. Association between the 20210G>A prothrombin gene polymorphism and arterial ischemic stroke in children and young adults - two meta-analyses of 3586 cases and 6440 control subjects in total. Pediatr.Neurol. 2017; Vol.69, p.93-101
14. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Aneta Ostróżka-Cieślik, Anna Banyś. Determinants of telemedicine development in health care system. Ann.Acad.Med.Siles. 2016; Vol.70, s.214-219
15. Ilona Kopyta, Paweł Niemiec, Anna Balcerzyk, Ewa Emich-Widera, Ewa Pilarska, Karolina Pienczk-Recławowicz, Marek Kaciński, Janusz Wendorff, Tomasz Nowak, Tomasz Iwanicki, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Iwona Żak. Fibrinogen alpha and beta gene polymorphisms in pediatric stroke - Case-control and family based study. Eur.J.Paediatr.Neurol.2015; Vol.19, No.2, p.176-180
16. Ilona Kopyta, Mikołaj Zimny, Beata Sarecka-Hujar. The role of biochemical risk factors in the etiology of AIS in children and adults. Int.J.Neurosci.2015; Vol.125, No.12, p.875-884
17. Anna Banyś, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Andrzej Jankowski, Monika Zalewska. Impact of base type on diclofenac sodium release from semi-solid dosage forms. Ann.Acad.Med.Siles. 2014; Vol.68, No.1, s.1-8
18. Ilona Kopyta, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Joanna Sordyl, Ryszard Sordyl. The role of genetic risk factors in arterial ischemic stroke in pediatric and adult patients: a critical review. Mol.Biol.Rep. 2014; Vol.41, No.7, p.4241-4251
19. Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Iwona Żak, Ewa Emich-Widera et al. Association analysis of the E-selectin 98G>T polymorphism and the risk of childhood ischemic stroke. Cell Biochem. Funct. 2010; 28: 591-596.
20. Ilona Kopyta, Beata Sarecka-Hujar, Ewa Emich-Widera et al. Association between lipids and fibrinogen levels and ischemic stroke in the population of the Polish children with arteriopathy and cardiac disorders. Wiad. Lek. 2010; 63:17-23.
21. Zak I, Sarecka-Hujar B, Kopyta I et al. The T allele of the 677C>T polymorphism of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene is associated with an increased risk of ischemic stroke in Polish children. J Child Neurol. 2009; 24: 1262-1267.
22. Sarecka-Hujar B, Zak I, Krauze J. Interactions between rs5498 polymorphism in the ICAM1 gene and traditional risk factors influence susceptibility to coronary artery disease. Clin Exp Med. 2009; 9: 117-124.
Dr. Chavda is dedicated and highly motivated research scientist with more than 13 years of rich Industry-Academic experience. His area of interest is development of formulations including Oral solids, Liquids, Semi-solids, Parenterals and NDDS. He has developed stable and robust formulations across various dosage forms. He has sound understanding of formulation and development using QbD and DOE approaches. He has understanding of product development lifecycle, clinical and regulatory requirements of regulatory bodies like UKMHRA, USFDA etc. There are more than 35 International and National research publications to his credit. In addition to that he has several magazines related articles and Books publications. He is providing editorial service for international journals. He is serving as reviewer at Elsevier, Bentham Sciences, Informa Healthcare, and Wiley Journals.
List of publications:
1. Chavda HV*, Neerumalla S, Patel A, Poptani S. Excipients: The Real Players behind Robust
Formulation. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Education and Research. January 2019; 53(1):
2. Chavda HV*. Artificial Neural Networks in Pharma Product Development. Chronicle
Pharmabiz. May 2018; 18(23): 42-43.
3. Chavda HV*. 3D printing: Upcoming revolution for pharmaceutical industry. Chronicle
Pharmabiz. April 2018; 18(21): 10.
4. Chavda HV*. Qbd in Developing Topical Dosage Forms. Elyns Journal of Pharmaceutical
Research December 2016; 2(1): 90000106. [Short Communication]
5. Chavda HV*. Nanopharmaceuticals: The Pharmaceuticals of Present Era. Elyns Journal of
Pharmaceutical Research 2016; 1(2): 106e. [Editorial Article]
6. Chavda HV*, Naik S, Mukhopadhyay P. QbD Concept Implementation for Excipients.
Ingredients South Asia Magazine. Saffron Media Publication, November, 2016; 11: 119-120.
7. Chavda HV*. Reforms in Pharmaceutical Education in India. Ingredients South Asia
Magazine. Saffron Media Publication, April 16-30, 2016; 9(14): 48-51.
8. Chavda HV*. African Market: Big Window of Opportunity. Ingredients South Asia Magazine.
Saffron Media Publication, January 16-31, 2016; 9(8): 30-32.
9. Chavda HV*. SPHs as an Unusual Upcoming Excipient. Ingredients South Asia Magazine.
Saffron Media Publication, December 1-15, 2015; 9(5): 104-111.
10. Chavda HV*, Patel RI, Patel CN. Preparation and Characterization of Ternary Solid Dispersion
of Flunarizine Dihydrochloride. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (ISSN: 2277-7105)
2015; 4(5): 2506-2521.
11. Chavda HV*, Chavada G, Patel J, Rangpadiya K, Patel CN. Topical Vaginal Drug Delivery
System Based on Superporous Hydrogel Hybrids. Protein & Peptide Letters (ISSN: 0929-8665,
Impact Factor 1.735) 2014; 21(11): 1176-1184.
12. Chavda HV*, Patel RD, Modhia IP, Patel CN. Role of Superporous Hydrogel Particles as a
Superdisintegrant in Fast Disintegrating Tablet of Glipizide. Chronicles of Young Scientists
(ISSN: 2229-5186) 2014; 5(1):11-19.
13. Chavda HV*, Patel J, Chavada G, Dave S, Patel A, Patel CN. Self Nanoemulsifying Powder of
Isotretinoin: Preparation and Characterization. Journal of Powder Technology. (ISSN: 2090-
7737) 2013; 2013 Article ID 108569, 9 pages. [Cited on 15/11/2013].
14. Chavda HV*, Modhia IP, Mehta A, Patel RD, Patel CN. Development of Bioadhesive Chitosan
Superporous Hydrogel Composite Particles based Intestinal Drug Delivery System. BioMed
Research International (ISSN: 2314-6133, Impact Factor 2.880) 2013; 2013 Article ID 563651,
10 pages. [Cited on 06/08/2013]
Page 7 of 12 Dr. Hitesh Chavda
15. Chavda HV*, Patel SK, Patel CN. Insignificant Effect of Superporous Hydrogel Particles as a
Superdisintegrants in Fast Dispersible Tablets of Aceclofenac. Online article PharmaTutor
(ISSN: 2347 - 7881) 2013 (Published on Web 31/01/2013). Available from:
as-superdisintegrants-in-fast-dispersible-tablets-of-aceclofenac?page=0,0 [Cited on
16. Chavda HV*, Patel RD, Modhia IP, Patel CN. Preparation and Characterization of
Superporous Hydrogel Based on Different Polymers. Int J Pharm Investig (ISSN: 2230-973X)
17. Chavda HV*, Patel MS, Patel CN. Preparation and In Vitro Evaluation of Guar Gum Based
Triple-Layer Matrix Tablet of Diclofenac Sodium. Res Pharm Sci (ISSN: 1735-5362, Impact
Factor 0.220) 2012; 7(1): 57-64.
18. Chavda HV*, Patel CN. Pharmaceutical Formulations for Oral Transmucosal Drug Delivery.
News Tech 2011; 29:10-11.
19. Chavda HV*, Patel CN, Modh KM, Panigrahi B. Preparation, Characterization and In Vitro
Evaluation of Carbopol-based Superporous Hydrogel Composite. Indian J Pharm Sci (ISSN:
0250-474X, Impact Factor: 0.626) 2011; [Accepted on 12/05/2011].
20. Chavda HV*, Chaudhari TM, Patel CN. Antacids Incorporation in Immediate Release Tablets
Failed to Improve the Stability of Omeprazole in Acidic Media. J Pharm Negative Results
(ISSN: 0976-9234) 2011; 2(2):73-77.
21. Chavda HV*, Patel CN. Preparation and in vitro evaluation of a stomach specific drug delivery
system based on superporous hydrogel composite. Indian J Pharm Sci (ISSN: 0250-474X,
Impact Factor: 0.626) 2011; 73(1):30-37.
22. Chavda HV*, Patel CN. Effect of Crosslinker Concentration on Characteristics of Superporous
Hydrogel. Int J Pharm Investig (ISSN: 2230-973X) 2011; 1(1):17-21.
23. Chavda HV*, Patel CN. A Newer Formulation Approach: Superporous Hydrogel Composite-
Based Bioadhesive Drug-Delivery System. Asian J Pharm Sci (ISSN: 1818-0876, Impact Factor
0.250) 2010; 5(6): 239-250.
24. Chavda HV*, Patel CN. Chitosan Superporous Hydrogel Composite-Based Floating Drug-
Delivery System: A Newer Formulation Approach. J Pharm Bioall Sci (ISSN: 0976-4879,
Impact Factor 0.175) 2010; 2(2): 124-131.
25. Chavda HV*, Patel CN, Prajapati ST, Patel CV. A Newer Formulation Approach Based on
Superporous Hydrogel Particles for Gastroretentive Drug-Delivery System: Preparation and
In Vitro Evaluation. Inventi Impact: NDDS (ISSN: 2229-4147) 2010; 2: Article ID: 2010nd70a
(Published on Web 15/07/2010; www.inventi.in).
26. Chavda HV*, Patel CN, Prajapati ST, Patel CV. A Newer Formulation Approach Based on
Superporous Hydrogel Particles for Gastroretentive Drug-Delivery System: Preparation and
In Vitro Evaluation. Inventi Rapid: NDDS (e-ISSN: 0976-3791) 2010; 1(1): Article ID:
2010nd70a (Published on Web 13/04/2010; www.inventi.in).
27. Chavda HV*, Patel CN, Anand IS. Biopharmaceutics Classification System. Syst Rev Pharm
(ISSN: 0975-8453) 2010; 1(1): 62-69.
28. Chavda HV*, Patel CN. Preparation and Characterization of Swellable Polymer-based
Superporous Hydrogel Composite of Poly (Acrylamide-co-Acrylic Acid). Trends Biomater Artif
Organs (ISSN: 0971-1198, Impact Factor: 0.675) 2010; 24(2): 83-89.
29. Chavda HV*, Patel CN. Effects of Solvent Treatments on Characteristics of Superporous
Hydrogels. Ethiopian Pharm J (ISSN: 1029-5933) 2009; 27(1): 16-24.
30. Chavda HV*, Patel CN, Karen HD. Preparation and Characterization of Chitosan-Based
Superporous Hydrogel Composite. J Young Pharm (ISSN: 0975-1483) 2009; 1(3): 199-204.
31. Chavda HV*, Patel CN. Aquaporins: Secret Highways for Water Transport. Pharm Reviews
(ISSN: 1918-5561) 6(2), Apr 11, 2008.
Page 8 of 12 Dr. Hitesh Chavda
32. Chavda HV*, Patel CN, Patel AM, Patel BN. Supercritical Fluid: Green Solvent for Tomorrow.
Pharm Reviews (ISSN: 1918-5561)5(3), May 16, 2007.
33. Chavda HV*. Dendrimers: Polymers of 21st Century. Pharm Reviews (ISSN: 1918-5561) 5(1),
Feb. 02, 2007.
34. Modi J*, Patel JK, Chavda HV. Superporous Hydrogel: A Supreme Approach for Gastric
Retention. Online article PharmaTutor (ISSN: 2347 - 7881) 2012 (Published on Web
03/08/2012). Available from: http://www.pharmatutor.org/articles/superporous-hydrogela-
supreme-approach-for-gastric-retention [Cited on 31/01/2013].
35. Karen HD*, Anand IS, Patel CN, Chavda HV, Patel JK. Formulation and Evaluation of
Amphotericin-B as A Lyophilized Product. J Global Pharma Tech (ISSN: 0975-8542) 2010;
36. Parikh BN*, Gothi GD, Patel TD, Chavda HV, Patel CN. Microsponge as Novel Topical Drug
Delivery System. J Global Pharma Tech (ISSN: 0975-8542) 2010; 2(1): 17-29.
Research Interest: Abuse-Deterrent Formulations (Tamper-Resistant Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms) Gastric Retention, Oral Drug Delivery, Controlled Drug Delivery Systems and Technologies, Gels, Hydrogels, Alcogels, Pharmacy Compounding.
Research Interest: Elucidate the molecular and cellular mechanisms of contribution of hair follicle stem cells in wound repair and regeneration and identify new therapeutic targets toward the goal of accelerating wound healing and to identify natural compounds that are effective against head and neck cancer.
Research Interest: Molecular pharmacology, physiology and biology of G protein-coupled (heptahelical or seven transmembrane-spanning) receptors; Heart Failure; Cardiovascular Disease; Neurohormonal control of the Circulation; Adrenal Physiology and Pharmacology; Receptors for Adrenaline and Noradrenaline; Catecholamines; Receptors for Angiotensin II; Signal Transduction; Gene Therapy; Transgenic mice and rats; Aldosterone production regulation; Regulation of Adrenergic and Angiotensin Receptors; G protein-coupled receptor Kinases; Beta-Arrestins; Novel “Biased” G protein-coupled Receptor Ligands.
Research Interest: Liposomes, Drug Nanoparticles, Solid Lipid Nanoparticles and Lipid Based Drug Delivery Systems.
Research Interest: Organic Chemistry: Total Synthesis of Complex Natural Product, Computational Chemistry: Conformational Analysis, Molecular Modelling and Spectra Simulation. Natural Product Discovery: Isolation, Structural Elucidation, and Absolute Configuration Deter-mination of Natural Product.
Research Interest: Systems Pharmacology, Drug Metabolism & Drug Transport, Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacometrics, Pharmacogenomics, Nanomedicine and Chinese Medicine.
Research Interest: Immunogenicity, PK, Biomarker, Regulated and non regulated bioanalysis.
Research Interest: Cancer, CDK inhibitors, Purine Derivatives, Nutrition, Parasitism, Phytotherapy, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Cancer Research, Medicinal Chemistry.
Research Interest: Drug Delivery, Continuous manufacturing, Dissolutions, Solubility, Cocrystalisation, Hot-Melt Extrusion, Particle Engineering, Medical Implants, Solid-State Analysis, PAT, QbD, Spray Drying, Process Engineering.
Role of Cannabinoid, Vanilloid and kappa-opioid receptors in the gastrointestinal
tract, both in physiological (e.g. intestinal motility) and pathophysiological
states (e.g. inflammation and cancer); Ethnopharmacological studies on
medicinal plants and their active ingredients used in traditional medicine; Clinical pharmacology
of herbal products; Nutritional pharmacology.
Research Interest: Outcomes of interventions in public health (health promotion, health services and disease, prevention).
Research Interest: Pharmacoepidemiology, Drug utilization and factors related, Appropriateness, Adherence to clinical guidelines, Effectiveness, Variability.
Research Interest: Molecular Biology, Immunology (antibodies, vaccines), and Microbiology (viruses, bacteria, and toxins).
Research Interest: Medicinal chemistry, Structure-activity relationship studies, Synthesis of heterocyclic compounds, Antimicrobial screening, Enzymatic studies.
Research Interest: Effects of different diets, Dietary factors and fatty acids (especially conjugated fatty acids) on health, Especially on the Cancer Risk.
Research Interest: Ion channel and electrophysiology, Neuropharmacology, Chinese medicinal herbs.
Research Interest: Molecular Biology, Biotechnology Genetics, Analytical Chemistry.
Research Interest: Separation & purification and quality control of food science; new functional materials for food and pharmaceutical analysis.
Research Interest: Experimental and clinical pharmacology about natural product, Pharmacokinetics of medicinal plant.
Research Interest: Natural products chemistry (including extraction and separation of compounds and structure elucidation), Discovery and biological investigation of novel drug lead compounds from plant and microbial biodiversity, Botanical dietary supplements and functional foods research and evaluation of natural product-based botanical medicines, Quality control, pharmacokinetics and in vivo metabolism of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Research Interest: Cardiovascular pharmacology, New Therapeutic targets for atherosclerosis, hypertension and vasculogenesis, Screening of TCM and ethnic drugs.
Research Interest: Synthesis of nitrogen- and sulfur-containng heterocycles, Design and synthesis of Novel anticonvulsant, Anticancer, Antibacterial and anti-toxoplasmosis drugs, Computer-aided drug Design, Chromatographic techniques for the analysis of the newly ynthesized compounds, (Q)SAR sudies.
Research Interest: Medicine, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Cell Culture,Genetic Engineering, Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Medical Neurosciences, Pharmaceutical Development.
Research Interest: Drug utilisation, Public Health, Cardiology, Diabetology.
Research Interest: Antibiotics, Virus, Infected Diseases, Drug–Drug Interactions.
Research Interest: Nanomedicines for therapy Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer’s disease and neural Tissue repair.
Research Interest: QSAR, Medicinal Chemistry, Organic Synthesis, Cytotoxicity, Heterocyclic Compounds, Synthesis, Synthesis of Organic Molecules, Pharmaceutical Development, Antioxidant Activity, Mutagenicity.
Research Interest: Design, Synthesis and qualitative SAR of new anticonvulsant agents acting as non-competitive AMPA receptor antagonists (In collaboration with Dr. Li Niu, Chemistry Department, University at Albany, SUNY, Albany NY), Identifications and synthesis of new anti-cancer agents, Design and synthesis of peptidomimetics as protease inhibitors.
Research Interest: Drug Metaboilism, Mass spectrometry, Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics, Medicine, Pharmacy.
Research Interest: Therapeutic relevance of plant-derived compounds in the field of the gastrointestinal pathologies (IBD, cancer, etc.) and on the signal transduction mechanisms involved in their action.Moreover, Toxicological aspects of natural products are also studied.
Research Interest: Inflammation, Immunopharmacology, Pharmacology of Natural Products/Compounds.
Research Interest: Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry, Department of Pharmacy.
Research Interest: Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Drugdelivery, Inhalation, Dosage forms, Particle engineering.
Research Interest: Discovery and development of novel protein-protein interaction inhibitors of the Tumorigenic process,Spectrum of drug discovery efforts combining computer-aided drug design, lead Generation, SAR design, Organic Synthesis, Biochemical Assays, Cell Culture Assays and Pharmacology.
Research Interest: Natural drug discovery, Isolation, Physiological and pharmacological characterization of venom/toxin peptides and proteinswith animal tissues, Natural peptides and proteins analytical Chemistry, Mass spectrometry analysis, Molecular biology, Synthetic peptide analogues and their interaction with antibodies and receptors, Identification of novel drug targets, Biomarkers, Ion channel.
Research Interest: Pharmacology & Toxicology, Experimental Pharmacology, Toxicology.
Research Interest: Ophthalmology, Cataract Surger,Cornea, Refractive Eye Surgery, Keratoconus.
Research Interest: G-protein coupled receptors for lipid mediators, Molecular and cellular functions of lipid mediators.
Research Interest: Biotechnology, Artificial Intelligence, Neuroscience, Stem Cell Biology, Tissue Engineering, Stem Cell, Regenerative Medicine, Biodegradation.
Research Interest: Antioxidants and free radicals, Cardiovascular Pharmacology, Behavioral tests, Cell culture and cancer research, Pulmonary Pharmacology.
Research Interest: Medicinal Chemistry, Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
Research Interest: Method development and validation of biosensors for estimation of Cancer Markers.
Research Interest: Green Chemistry, Development of new catalytic asymmetric methodologies, Development of new green synthetic methodologies for desired target molecule, Development and synthesis of chiral reagents, metal catalysts in asymmetric synthesis to synthesize novel bioactive compounds, Design and synthesis of heterocycle derivatives as potential pharmaceuticals in medicine, X-Ray diffraction for elucidation the chemical structures of organic compounds.
Research Interest: Isolation and structure elucidation of natural products, Search for bioactive compounds, Antifungal, Anticancer and anti-inflammatory phytochemicals from traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) or other ethnic medicine (e.g. Tujia, Miao and so on);Chemical and pharmacological study of Chinese medicine; Quality control study of Chinese medicine.
Research Interest: Targeting drug delivery systems (TDDS), Multifunctional nanocarriers or macromolecules have many advantages for diseases treatments. Our lab employs diverse targeting delivery systems including conjugate, liposomes and micelles to deliver anticancer drug or gene for tumor therapy. In this process, we unitize stimuli-responsive strategies (e.g. enzyme-responsive) to obtain the targeting therapy of tumor. Cell-penetrating peptides (CPPs) are also adopted to cross cellular barriers. Internalization mechinisms of CPPs or CPP-cargoes are also focused by us.
Research Interest: Bioactive constituents from natural resources, Quality control methods of natural medicines, Anaphylactoid constituents of herbal injections, R&D of new natural medicines.
Research Interest: Reactive Oxygen Species, Apoptosis, Signaling Pathways, Western Blot, Phosphorylation, Superoxide Dismutase, NADPH Oxidase, Monocytes
Research Interest: Biomaterials, Nanomedicine, Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology, Nanovaccines, Targeted drug delivery, Nanotoxicity, surface biofunctionalization, Cell-nanoparticle Interactions.
Research Interest: Cancer Diagnostics, Cancer Research, Clinical Trials, Ophthalmology, Business, Economic Genetics, Stem Cell Biology, Cell Biology, Translational Cancer Research, Business Ethics, Oncology, Molecular Biology.
Research Interest: Phytochemistry, Natural products, Isolation of Natural Compounds, Structural Elucidation, Chromatographic Techniques, Bioactive Secondary Metabolites.
Research Interest: P8 Advancing conventional solid dosage formulation and processing.
Research Interest: Microbiology and Immunology, Antibiotic mechanism of Action and resistance, Inflammation and Natural Antiinflamatory Products.
Research Interest: Natural Product Chemistry,Nanotechnology, Essential Oils, Nanobiotechnology, Antioxidants,Veterinary Medicine, Dermatology, Pharmacy, Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Thin Films and Nanotechnology, Medicinal Plants and Herbs, Plant Biotechnology, Antioxidant Activit, Polyphenols, Phenolic Compoun, DPP, Botan, Microbiology, Environmental Chemistry, Antioxidant Assays, Flavonoids, Biotechnology, Bioactivi, Phytochemicals,LC-MS, Medicinal Plants, Spectroscopy, Chromatography, Natural Products, Ethnomedicine, Natural Product Isolatio.
Research Interest: Medicinal Plants, Obtaining, Characterization and standardization of extracts, Testing their pharmacological Action, Testing antioxidant activity in vitro and in vivo, Analysis and isolation of biologically active compounds (polyphenols, carotenoides, essential oils, terpenes, alkaloids), spectrometric and chromatographical analysis (HPLC, GC).
Research Interest: Expression Microarrays, Next Generation Sequencin, Liquid Handling Robotics, cDNA Synthesis, RNA Isolation, Splicing, PCR, Gene Expressio, Cell Cultur, Molecular Cloning, Regulation of Gene Expression, RNA Biology, Transcriptomics, Gel Electrophoresis, RNA Splicing.
Research Interest: Epidemiology, Health Management and Rheumatology.
Research Interest: Pharmacology on Chinese Herb, Cognitive Pharmacology on Chinese Herb, Behavioral Pharmacology, Psychopharmacology, Neuropharmacology.
Sassari University, Italy
Archive of Urological Research
Beijing University of Technology , PR China
Journal of Civil Engineering and Environmental Sciences
Peter Lloyd Nara
Private Compnay- Biological Mimetics, Inc., USA
Annals of Antivirals and Antiretrovirals
Jose Manuel Ramia-Angel
Guadalajara University Hospital , Spain
Journal of Surgery and Surgical Research
Domenico Antonio Restivo
Nuovo Garibaldi Hospital, Italy
Journal of Neurology, Neurological Science and Disorders
William CS Cho
Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Hong Kong
International Journal of Immunotherapy and Cancer Research
UNIVERSITY OF REIMS , FRANCE
Archives of Sports Medicine and Physiotherapy
International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL), Portugal
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
University of Nantes, France
Archives of Depression and Anxiety
Former member of MGH, USA
International Journal of Immunotherapy and Cancer Research