John F. Bebawy, MD is an Associate Professor of Anesthesiology & Neurological Surgery at Northwestern University. His clinical and research interests and expertise relate to Neuroanesthesia, with a focus on interventions that affect cerebral blood flow and cerebrovascular hemodynamics. Dr. Bebawy completed his Anesthesiology residency and Neurosurgical Anesthesiology fellowship training at Northwestern in 2008, where he is currently faculty and Associate Director of the Neurosurgical Anesthesiology Fellowship Program. He is a member of many national and international societies for the advancement of Neurosurgical Anesthesiology, has published widely on various topics in the field, and has spoken at many meetings throughout the world on areas within his expertise. Dr. Bebawy is devoted and committed to the betterment of patient safety through individualized and compassionate clinical care, as well as through his contribution to the scientific community.
Cerebral blood flow
Principal Investigator: Aruna Ganju, M.D.
Prot #CL-SCI-201: A Single-Blind, Randomized, Parallel Arm, Phase II Proof-of-Concept
Study of the Safety and Efficacy of HuCNS-SC Transplantation in Cervical Spinal Cord Injury
6/17/2015 - 5/31/2016
Document ID: Prot #CL-SCI-201
Sponsor: PRA Health Sciences
1. Bebawy JF, Gupta DK, Cotton MA, Gil KS, Fohrman EB, Mirkovic S, Koht A. Alternative anterior reference sites for measuring posterior tibial nerve somatosensory evoked potentials. J Clin Monit Comput. 2010;24(2):107-11. PMID: 20063048.
2. Bebawy JF, Gupta DK, Bendok BR, Hemmer LB, Zeeni C, Avram MJ, Batjer HH, Koht A. Adenosine-induced flow arrest to facilitate intracranial aneurysm clip ligation: dose-response data and safety profile. Anesth Analg. 2010;110(5):1406-11. PMID: 20418302.
3. Lin N, Bebawy JF, Hua L, Wang B. Is L2-L3 interspace spinal anaesthesia safe in disorders of the vertebral column? A magnetic resonance imaging study. Br J Anaesth. 2010;105(6):857-62. PMID: 20846965.
4. Bendok BR, Gupta DK, Rahme RJ, Eddleman CS, Adel JG, Sherma AK, Surdell DL, Bebawy JF, Koht A, Batjer HH. Adenosine for temporary flow arrest during intracranial aneurysm surgery: a single center retrospective review. Neurosurgery. 2011;69(4):815-21. PMID: 21637138.
5. Bebawy JF, Ramaiah VK, Zeeni C, Hemmer LB, Koht A, Gupta DK. The effect of furosemide on intravascular volume status and electrolytes in patients receiving mannitol: an intraoperative safety analysis. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2013;25(1):51-4. PMID: 23237936.
6. Bebawy JF, Zeeni C, Sharma S, Kim ES, DeWood MS, Hemmer LB, Ramaiah VK, Bendok BR, Koht A, Gupta DK. Adenosine-induced flow arrest to facilitate intracranial aneurysm clip ligation does not worsen neurologic outcome. Anesth Analg. 2013;117(5):1205-10. PMID: 24108260.
7. Sharma D, Bilotta F, Moore LE, Bebawy JF, Flexman AM, Rochlen L, Gorji R, Avitsian R. Web-based educational activities developed by the Society for Neuroscience in Anesthesiology and Critical Care (SNACC): the experience of process, utilization, and expert evaluation. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2014;26(1):4-10. PMID: 23792804.
8. Hemmer LB, Zeeni C, Bebawy JF, Bendok BR, Cotton MA, Shah NB, Gupta DK, Koht A. The incidence of unacceptable movement with motor evoked potentials during craniotomy for aneurysm clipping. World Neurosurg. 2014;81(1):99-104. PMID: 23043993.
9. Carabini LM, Zeeni C, Moreland NC, Gould RW, Avram MJ, Hemmer LB, Bebawy JF, Sugrue PA, Koski TR, Koht A, Gupta DK. Development and validation of a generalizable model for predicting major transfusion during spine fusion surgery. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2014;26(3):205-15. PMID: 24714381.
10. Carabini LM, Zeeni C, Moreland NC, Gould RW, Hemmer LB, Bebawy JF, Koski TR, McClendon J, Koht A, Gupta DK. Predicting major adverse cardiac events in spine fusion patients: is the Revised Cardiac Risk Index sufficient? Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2014;39(17):1441-8. PMID: 24825150.
11. Zeeni C, Carabini LM, Gould RW, Bebawy JF, Hemmer LB, Moreland NC, Koski TR, Koht A, Schafer MF, Ondra SL, Gupta DK. The implementation and efficacy of the Northwestern High Risk Spine Protocol. World Neurosurg. 2014;82(6):e815-23. PMID: 24947117.
12. Carabini LM, Navarre WJ, Ault ML, Bebawy JF, Gupta DK. A comparison of hemoglobin measured by co-oximetry and central laboratory during major spine fusion surgery. Anesth Analg. 2015;120(1):60-5. PMID: 25185592.
13. Bebawy JF, Houston CC, Kosky JL, Badri AM, Hemmer LB, Moreland NC, Carabini LM, Koht A, Gupta DK. Nicardipine is superior to esmolol for the management of post-craniotomy emergence hypertension: a randomized open-label study. Anesth Analg. 2015;120(1):186-92. PMID: 25296247.
14. Lin N, Li Y, Bebawy JF, Dong J, Hua L. Abdominal circumference but not the degree of lumbar flexion affects the accuracy of lumbar interspace identification by Tuffier’s line palpation method: an observational study. BMC Anesthesiol. 2015;15(1):9. PMID: 25670920.
15. Errando CL, Garutti I, Mazzinari G, Diaz-Cambronero O, Bebawy JF; Grupo Español de Estudio del Bloqueo Neuromuscular. Residual neuromuscular blockade in the postanesthesia care unit. Observational cross-sectional study of a multicenter cohort. Minerva Anestesiol. 2016;82(12):1267-77. PMID: 27232277.
16. Yee JN, Koht A, McCarthy RJ, Bebawy JF. Factors associated with blood transfusion during intracranial aneurysm surgery. J Clin Anesth. 2017;36:164-7. PMID: 28183559.
b. Reviews, Case Reports, Letters, Editorials
1. Bebawy JF, Koht A. Review: Cottrell and Young’s Neuroanesthesia, 5th ed. Anesth Analg. 2011;112(2):488-9.
2. Bebawy JF, Gupta DK, Koht A. Compartment syndrome caused by a properly functioning infusion pump. J Clin Anesth. 2011;23(2):134-6. PMID: 21377078.
3. Bebawy JF. Rocuronium bromide. Anesthesiology. 2011;114(6):1486. PMID: 21263302.
4. Bebawy JF. State of the art. Anesthesiology. 2011;114(6):1487. PMID: 21399491.
5. Rahme RJ, Adel JG, Bendok BR, Bebawy JF, Gupta DK, Batjer HH. Association of intracranial aneurysm and Loeys-Dietz Syndrome: case illustration, management, and literature review. Neurosurgery. 2011;69(2):488-93. PMID: 21792144.
6. Bebawy JF, Ramaiah VK, Hemmer LB, Gupta DK. Clinical pharmacology of insulin confounds stroke trials. Ann Neurol. 2012;71(1):148-9. PMID: 21425188.
7. Bebawy JF. Perioperative steroids for peritumoral intracranial edema: a review of mechanisms, efficacy, and side effects. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2012;24(3):173-7. PMID: 22544067.
8. Bendok BR, El Tecle N, El Ahmadieh TY, Bebawy JF, Gupta DK, Hemmer LB, Koht A. Comment on: Surgical treatment of 127 anterior choroidal artery aneurysms: a cohort study of resultant ischemic complications. Neurosurgery. 2013;73(6):939-40. PMID: 23921702.
9. Bebawy JF, Bilotta F, Koht A. A modified technique for auriculotemporal nerve blockade when performing selective scalp nerve block for craniotomy. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2014;26(3):271-2. PMID: 24492515.
10. Bebawy JF, Gupta DK. In response. Anesth Analg. 2015;121(5):1399-400. PMID: 26484469.
c. Books and Book Chapters
1. Zeeni C, Bebawy JF, Gupta DK, Koht A. Anesthesia considerations for neurovascular surgery. In: Bendok BR, Batjer HH, Naidech AM, Walker MT, eds. Hemorrhagic and Ischemic Stroke: Medical, Imaging, Surgical, and Interventional Approaches. 1st ed. New York, NY: Thieme; 2012:171-81.
2. Bebawy JF, Koht A, Mirkovic S. Anterior cervical spine surgery. In: Koht A, Sloan TB, Toleikis JR, eds. Monitoring the Nervous System for Anesthesiologists and Other Health Care Professionals. 1st ed. New York, NY: Springer; 2012:539-54.
3. Bebawy JF, Koht A. Autonomic hyperreflexia. In: Singh-Radcliff N, ed. The 5-Minute Anesthesia Consult. 1st ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2013:110-1.
4. Bebawy JF, Koht A. Anesthesia for neurosurgery. In: Barash PG, Cullen BF, Stoelting RK, Cahalan MK, Stock MC, Ortega RA, Sharar SR, eds. Clinical Anesthesia Fundamentals. 1st ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2015:557-76.
5. Bebawy JF, Pasternak JJ. Anesthesia for neurosurgery. In: Barash PG, Cullen BF, Stoelting RK, Cahalan MK, Stock MC, Ortega RA, Sharar SR, Holt NF, eds. Clinical Anesthesia. 8th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2017:1003-28.
6. Bebawy JF, Koht A, Mirkovic S. Anterior cervical spine surgery. In: Koht A, Sloan TB, Toleikis JR, eds. Monitoring the Nervous System for Anesthesiologists and Other Health Care Professionals. 2nd ed. New York, NY: Springer; 2017:473-83.
d. Software, world wide web-based publications, exhibits, audiovisual or other teaching material
1. Bebawy JF. SNACC Blog: Traumatic spinal cord injury. http://snacc.org/blog.php. Updated March 1, 2011.
2. Bebawy JF. Page 2 Anesthesiology Blog: John F. Bebawy answers some questions about his Mind-to-Mind poems. http://page2anesthesiology.org/?p=1157. Updated June 1, 2011.
3. Bebawy JF. ICE-TAP Module 8: Evoked potentials. http://www.icetap.org/modules/evoked_potentials.html. Updated March 14, 2012.
4. Gelb AW, Bebawy JF. SNACC Chat with the Author: The role of hypotension in perioperative stroke. http://snacc.org/members/gelb-chat.iphtml. Updated May 9, 2013.
5. Bebawy JF. SNACC 2013 Teacher of the Year Award: Antoun Koht, M.D. http://snacc.org/educatoraward.iphtml. Updated December 12, 2013.
6. Bebawy JF, Brambrink AM. SNACC Article of the Month (April 2014): Developmental effects of neonatal isoflurane and sevoflurane exposure in rats, Seubert et al. http://snacc.org/members/articles/aotm_apr2014.pdf. Updated April 2, 2014.
7. Bebawy JF, Lee CZ, Gelb AW. SNACC Article of the Month (May 2014): Society for Neuroscience in Anesthesiology and Critical Care expert consensus statement: anesthetic management of endovascular treatment for acute ischemic stroke: endorsed by the Society of NeuroInterventional Surgery and the Neurocritical Care Society, Talke et al. http://snacc.org/members/articles/aotm_may2014.pdf. Updated April 30, 2014.
8. Bebawy JF, Heyer EJ, Anastasian ZH. SNACC Article of the Month (June 2014): Monitoring depth of anesthesia utilizing a combination of electroencephalographic and standard measures, Schneider et al. http://snacc.org/members/articles/aotm_june2014.pdf. Updated June 2, 2014.
9. Bebawy JF, Koht A. ASNM “The Monitor” Educational Note: Anesthesia (July 2014): Pitfalls and predicaments in anesthesia for cases requiring neurophysiological
monitoring. http://asnm.site-ym.com/resource/resmgr/The_Monitor/July_2014.pdf. Updated July 1, 2014.
10. Bebawy JF, Lam AM. SNACC Article of the Month (July 2014): A decrease in spatially resolved near-infrared spectroscopy-determined frontal lobe tissue oxygenation by phenylephrine reflects reduced skin blood flow, Ogoh et al. http://snacc.org/members/articles/aotm_july2014.pdf. Updated July 2, 2014.
11. Bebawy JF, Koht A. ASNM “The Monitor” Educational Note: Anesthesia (August 2014): Monitoring muscle relaxant activity during IOM. http://asnm.site-ym.com/resource/resmgr/The_Monitor/August_2014.pdf. Updated August 1, 2014.
12. Bebawy JF, Tate MC. SNACC Article of the Month (August 2014): The impact of sedation on brain mapping: a prospective, interdisciplinary, clinical trial, Ott et al. http://snacc.org/members/articles/aotm_august2014.pdf. Updated August 1, 2014.
13. Bebawy JF, Bilotta F. SNACC Article of the Month (September 2014): Incidence of postoperative cognitive dysfunction after general or spinal anesthesia for extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy, Silbert et al. http://snacc.org/members/articles/aotm_sept2014.pdf. Updated September 2, 2014.
14. Bebawy JF, Roginski RS. SNACC Article of the Month (October 2014): Ischemic stroke injury is mediated by aberrant Cdk5, Meyer et al. http://snacc.org/members/articles/aotm_oct2014.pdf. Updated October 1, 2014.
15. Bebawy JF, Moore LE. SNACC Article of the Month (November 2014): Time elapsed after ischemic stroke and risk of adverse cardiovascular events and mortality following elective noncardiac surgery, Jorgensen et al. http://snacc.org/members/articles/aotm_nov2014.pdf. Updated October 29, 2014.
16. Bebawy JF, Maktabi MA. SNACC Article of the Month (December 2014): Intubation biomechanics: laryngoscope force and cervical spine motion during intubation with Macintosh and Airtraq laryngoscopes, Hindman et al. http://snacc.org/aotm/aotm_dec2014.pdf. Updated December 1, 2014.
17. Bebawy JF, Edelman G. SNACC Article of the Month (January 2015): Long-term outcomes after stenting versus endarterectomy for treatment of symptomatic carotid stenosis: the International Carotid Stenting Study (ICSS) randomised trial, Bonati et al. http://snacc.org/aotm/aotm_jan2015.pdf. Updated December 31, 2014.
18. Bebawy JF, Sharma D. SNACC Article of the Month (February 2015): Shoulder surgery in the beach chair position is associated with diminished cerebral autoregulation but no differences in postoperative cognition or brain injury biomarker levels compared with supine positioning: the Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation Beach Chair Study, Laflam et al. http://snacc.org/aotm/aotm_feb2015.pdf. Updated February 5, 2015.
19. Bebawy JF, Sloan TB. SNACC Article of the Month (March 2015): Transcranial motor evoked potentials during anesthesia with desflurane versus propofol - a prospective randomized trial, Malcharek et al. http://snacc.org/aotm/aotm_mar2015.pdf. Updated March 3, 2015.
20. Bebawy JF, Armstead WM. SNACC Article of the Month (April 2015): Differing effects when using phenylephrine and norepinephrine to augment cerebral blood flow after traumatic brain injury in the immature brain, Friess et al. http://www.snacc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/SNACC-April-Article-of-The-Month.pdf. Updated April 1, 2015.
21. Bebawy JF, Vavilala MS. SNACC Article of the Month (May 2015): Biomarkers of traumatic injury are transported from brain to blood via the glymphatic system, Plog et al. http://www.snacc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/SNACC_May_2015_Article_of_The_Month.pdf. Updated May 1, 2015.
22. Bebawy JF, Blair JL, Lee LA. SNACC Article of the Month (June 2015): Effect of perioperative intravenous lidocaine administration on pain, opioid consumption, and quality of life after complex spine surgery, Farag et al. http://www.snacc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/SNACC-Article-of-The-Month-June-2015.pdf. Updated June 9, 2015.
23. Bebawy JF, Ramani R. SNACC Article of the Month (July 2015): Successful serial imaging of the mouse cerebral arteries using conventional 3-T magnetic resonance imaging, Makino et al. http://www.snacc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/SNACC-Article-of-the-Month-July-2015.pdf. Updated July 1, 2015.
24. Bebawy JF, Kofke WA. SNACC Article of the Month (August 2015): The monitoring and management of severe traumatic brain injury in the United Kingdom: is there a consensus?: a national survey, Wijayatilake et al. http://www.snacc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/SNACC_Article_of_The_Month_August2015.pdf. Updated August 4, 2015.
25. Bebawy JF, Zaslavsky A, Bekker AY. SNACC Article of the Month (September 2015): The opioid-sparing effect of intraoperative dexmedetomidine infusion after craniotomy, Song et al. http://www.snacc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/SNACC-September-2015-AOTM.pdf. Updated September 1, 2015.
26. Bebawy JF, Kositratna G. SNACC Article of the Month (October 2015): Up-regulation of Cathepsin G in the development of chronic postsurgical pain: an experimental and clinical genetic study, Liu et al. http://www.snacc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/SNACC-October-Article-of-The-Month.pdf. Updated October 2, 2015.
27. Bebawy JF. F1000 Prime Published Recommendation: Anesthetic management of patients undergoing intracranial bypass procedures, Chui et al. http://f1000.com/prime/contributor/evaluate/article/725734291. Updated November 26, 2015.
28. Bebawy JF, Kreilinger SE. SNACC Article of the Month (December 2015): Hypothermia for intracranial hypertension after traumatic brain injury, Andrews et al. http://www.snacc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/SNACC_December_AOTM.pdf. Updated December 10, 2015.
29. Bebawy JF, Kositratna G, Wyler D. SNACC Article of the Month (January 2016): MicroRNA-200c contributes to injury from transient focal cerebral ischemia by targeting Reelin, Stary et al. http://www.snacc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/SNACC-1-2016-Article-of-The-Month.pdf. Updated January 6, 2016.
30. Bebawy JF, Lele A. SNACC Article of the Month (February 2016): Efficacy and safety of very early mobilisation within 24 h of stroke onset (AVERT): a randomised controlled trial, Bernhardt et al. http://www.snacc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/SNACC-Article-of-The-Month_2-2016.pdf. Updated January 30, 2016.
31. Bebawy JF, Souter MJ. SNACC Article of the Month (March 2016): Variability of brain death policies in the United States, Greer et al. http://www.snacc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/SNACC-Article-of-The-Month_3-2016.pdf. Updated March 10, 2016.
32. Maties O, Bebawy JF, Hetts SW. SNACC Article of the Month (April 2016): The durability of endovascular coiling versus neurosurgical clipping of ruptured cerebral aneurysms: 18 year follow-up of the UK cohort of the International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial (ISAT), Molyneux et al. http://www.snacc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/SNACC-Article-of-The-Month_4-2016.pdf. Updated April 4, 2016.
33. Bebawy JF, Maties O, Sall JW. SNACC Article of the Month (May 2016): Neurodevelopmental outcome at 2 years of age after general anaesthesia and awake-regional anaesthesia in infancy (GAS): an international multicentre, randomised controlled trial, Davidson et al. http://www.snacc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/SNACC-Article-of-the-Month-May-2016.pdf. Updated May 12, 2016.
34. Bebawy JF. F1000 Prime Published Recommendation: Dexmedetomidine does not affect evoked potentials during spine surgery, Rozet et al. http://f1000.com/prime/contributor/evaluate/article/725579743. Updated May 20, 2016.
35. Maties O, Bebawy JF, Moore LE. SNACC Article of the Month (June 2016): Mild sedation exacerbates or unmasks focal neurologic dysfunction in neurosurgical patients with supratentorial brain mass lesions in a drug-specific manner, Lin et al. http://www.snacc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/AOTM_June_2016.pdf. Updated June 1, 2016.
36. Maties O, Bebawy JF, Deiner SG. SNACC Article of the Month (August 2016): Preoperative cognitive stratification of older elective surgical patients: a cross-sectional study, Culley et al. http://www.snacc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/SNACC-Article-of-The-Month_8-2016.pdf. Updated August 5, 2016.
37. Bebawy JF, Maties O, Manninen PH. SNACC Article of the Month (September 2016): Awake craniotomy to maximize glioma resection: methods and technical nuances over a 27-year period, Hervey-Jumper et al. http://www.snacc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/SNACC-Article-of-The-Month_9-2016.pdf. Updated September 1, 2016.
38. Maties O, Bebawy JF, Lieberman JA. SNACC Article of the Month (October 2016): Reversible intraoperative neurophysiologic monitoring alerts in patients undergoing arthrodesis for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: what are the outcomes of surgery?, Samdani et al. http://www.snacc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/SNACC-Article-of-The-Month_10-2016.pdf. Updated October 7, 2016.
39. Bebawy JF. F1000 Prime Published Recommendation: The effects of dexmedetomidine and remifentanil on hemodynamic stability and analgesic requirement after craniotomy: a randomized controlled trial, Rajan et al. http://f1000.com/prime/contributor/evaluate/article/725760816. Updated October 10, 2016.
40. Bebawy JF. SNACC Winter 2016 Newsletter: Update from the SNACC Education Committee. http://www.snacc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/SNACC-WInter-Newsletter2016-PUB.pdf. Updated December 16, 2016.
41. Bebawy JF. F1000 Prime Published Recommendation: The intraoperative effect of methadone on somatosensory evoked potentials, Higgs et al. https://f1000.com/prime/726015339. Updated April 19, 2017.
42. Bebawy JF. F1000 Prime Published Recommendation: Transcranial motor-evoked potentials are more readily acquired than somatosensory-evoked potentials in children younger than 6 years, McIntyre et al. https://f1000.com/prime/725891191. Updated July 31, 2017.
e. Abstracts (past 2 years)
1. Moreland NC, Carabini LM, Vealey RJ, Bebawy JF, Avram MJ. The use of low dose tranexamic acid to reduce red blood cell transfusion during complex multilevel spine fusion. Society for Neuroscience in Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Chicago, Illinois, October 2016.
2. Moreland NC, Carabini LM, Vealey RJ, Bebawy JF, Koht A, Avram MJ. The use of low dose tranexamic acid to reduce red blood cell transfusion during complex multilevel spine fusion. Journal Symposium: Coagulation 2016: New Drugs and New Data, American Society of Anesthesiologists, Chicago, Illinois, October 2016.
3. George AS, Koht A, Bebawy JF. Anesthesia in a patient with abdominal aortic aneurysm and cervical stenosis undergoing suboccipital craniotomy: not too high, not too low, but just right! Society for Neuroscience in Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Boston, Massachusetts, October 2017.
1. CURRENT POSITION
Since November 2014: Consultant Neurosurgeron, Vascular Team, Institute of Neurosurgery, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Fondazione Policlinico Universiitario A.Gemelli, Rome (Italy). Director: Prof. Alessandro Olivi.
July 1998: Diploma di Maturità Classica (Classical Baccalaureate), Classic Lyceum “Santa Maria di Gesù Redentrore”, Taormina, (Italy), summa cum laude.
October 2001 – October 2005: Internship at Department of Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery, Catholic University School of Medicine, Rome (Italy). Supervisor: Prof. M. Meglio.
August 2004: Internship at Department of Neurosurgery, Messina University (Italy). Supervisor: Prof. F. Tomasello
June 2005: Certificate of “Basic life support & defribillation (BLS-D) executor" issued by the "Italian Resuscitation Council (IRC)" after passing the related theoretical and practical tests (Licence no.: 111212).
October 2005: Graduation in Medicine and Surgery (Medical Degree), Catholic University School of Medicine, Rome (Italy). Thesis Supervisor: Prof. M. Meglio.
April 2009: Final Certification of the three-year Course in Pediatric Neurosurgery of the “European Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery (ESPN)”.
November 2009 – April 2010: Clinical Fellowship in “Computer assisted spine surgery” at the Neurocenter of Southern Switzerland, Canton Hospital of Lugano (Switzerland). Supervisors: Prof. R. Renella and Dr. D. Boscherini.
November 2010: Specialization in Neurosurgery (Recidency in Neurosurgery), Catholic University School of Medicine, Rome (Italy). Thesis Supervisor: Prof. G. Maira.
August 2012 – February 2013: Reserch Fellowship in Vascular Neurosurgery and Microsurgical Laboratory at the Department of Neurological Surgery of the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine – Saint Marys Hospital – Rochester, MN (USA). Supervisor: Prof. G. Lanzino.
October 2013: Clinical stage in Vascular and Endovascular Neurosurgery at the Department of Neurosurgery of Niguarda Ca’ Granda Hospital – Milan (Italy). Supervisor: Prof. M. Cenzato.
October 2011 – Novembre 2013: PhD academic fellowship in Neurosciences at the Department of Neurosurgery – Catholic Univesity School of Medicine – Rome (Italy). Admission at the final exam that wiill be hold next April 7th 2014. Supervisors: Prof. G. Maira, Dr. A. Puca, Dr. R. Pola.
Jenuary 2014 – July 2014: Post-doctoral clinical-research fellowship in Neurosurgery at the Department of Neurosciences of Padua University. Supervisor: Prof. D. d’Avella.
August 2014 – October 2014: Consultant Neurosurgeron, Department of Neurosurgery, “Neuromed” Neurological-Neurosurgical Center in Pozzilli (Isernia, Italy). Head: Prof. Vincenzo Esposito.
Research Interest: My specific fields of interest as regards to spine are: clinical and experimental research on vascular neurosurgery (cavernous angiomas, developmental venous anomalies (DVA), spinal dural arteriovenous fistula (dAVF), spinal AVMs), spine tumors, and spine degenerative diseases.
University of Athens, Greece
Journal of Novel Physiotherapy and Physical Rehabilitation
Huazong University of Science and Technology, China
Peertechz Journal of Pediatric Therapy
Metaxas Memorial Anticancer Hospital , Greece
Annals of Bone Marrow Research
Arghya Narayan Banerjee
Yeungnam University, South Korea
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
Marco Matteo Ciccone
University of Bari , Italy
Archives of Organ Transplantation