Research Interest: Vaccine, Immunology, Molecular Parasitology, Parasitology
Dr. Mushtaq Ahmad is currently working at Dubai (Pvt) Camel Breeding Center, United Arab Emirates, mainly focused on camel reproduction. He has served as faculty in the Department of Theriogenology, University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Pakistan for seven years. He has been involved in teaching of veterinary graduates and research related to animal reproduction. He is DVM graduated and further acquired M.Phil in field of Theriogenology. He received fellowship award through Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Program (2010).He worked as research fellow in “Westgen Research Suit” in Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Canada. He has also honor to acquire “Star Award” as excellence in young teachers from South Asia Publications (2010), Pakistan. His area of focus is gamete biology and cryopreservation, embryo transfer and insemination in domesticated animal species. He has presented research at various international forums and served reviewer of various international journals related to animal reproduction.
Research Interest: Animal Reproduction, Gamete biology and cryopreservation
List of Publications:
1. Ahmad, M., Ahmad, N., Riaz, A., and Anzar, M. (2015). Sperm survival kinetics in different types of bull semen: progressive motility, plasma membrane integrity, acrosomal status and reactive oxygen species generation. Reprod. Fertil. Dev. 27, 784-793. htt://dx.doi.org/10.1071/RD13400
2. Ahmad M, Nasrullah R, Riaz H, Sattar A and Ahmad N. (2014) Changes in motility, plasma membrane integrity and acrosome morphology during cryopreservation of buck sperm. J S Afr Vet Assoc . 85(1), Art. #972, 4 pages.
3. Ahmad M, Nasrullah R and Ahmad N. (2015). Effect of cooling rate and equilibration time on pre-freeze and post-thaw survival of buck sperm, Cryobiology. 70, 233-238 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cryobiol.2015.03.002
4. Jabbar A, Abbass W, Riaz A, Ahmad M, Sattar A and Akram M (2015). Effect of induced molting on semen quality of indigenous of chicken Aseel. Pak J Zool. 47 (4), 1199-2000.
5. Shahzad Q, Mehmood M.U, Khan H, Husna A, Qadeer S, Azam A, Naseer Z, Ahmad E, Safdar M, Ahmad M (2016). Royal jelly supplementation in semen extender enhancespost-thaw quality and fertility of Nili-Ravi buffalo bull sperm. Anim Reprod Sci. 167, 83-88 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.anireprosci.2016.02.010
6. M. H. Fayyaz, M. Ahmad, N. Ahmad (2016), Survival of buffalo bull spermatozoa: effect on structure and function due to alpha-lipoic acid and cholesterol-loaded cyclodextrin. Andrologia, DOI: 10.1111/and.12652
7. Binyameen M, Anwar S, Kausar R, Ullah A, Rehman A, Ahmad M (2017). Follicular growth, time of ovulation and conception rate after synchronization with medroxy progesterone acetate impregnated sponges in nili ravi buffalo heifers, Buff Bulletin, 36 (2)
8. Ahmad M, Ahmed M, Ahmad N (2017). Optimization of Acridine Orange Staining for Buffalo Sperm, Cryopreserved in Egg Yolk based Extender to Detect DNA Fragmentation. Pakistan J. Zool., 49(5), 1929-1932, 2017. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.17582/journal.pjz/2017.49.5.sc6
9. Ahmed S, Khan MIR, Ahmad M, Iqbal S (2018). Effect of age on lipid peroxidation of fresh and frozen-thawed semen of Nili-Ravi buffalo bulls. Ital J Anim Sci, 17:3, 730-735, DOI: 10.1080/1828051X.2018.1424569
10. Akbar SJ, Hassan SM and Ahmad M (2018). Studies on Semen Processing, Cryopreservation and Artificial Insemination in Dromedary Camel. Int J Anim Sci. 2018; 2(2): 1018.
1. Ahmad M, Nasrullah R, Ahmad N. (2012). R-45 Dynamics of Modifications in Structural and Functional Characteristics of Buck Sperm during Cryopreservation. Proceedings of XI International Conference on Goats. September 24-27, 2012. Gran Canaria, Spain. Pp 411. (http://www.iga-goatworld.com/)
2. Ahmad M, Ahmad N, Riaz A, Anzar M. (2012). 71 Bovine Sperm Death Kinetics: Changes in Motility, Acrosomes and Plasma Membrane. Reprod. Fertil. Dev. 25, 183. (39th Annual Conference of International Embryo Transfer Society, January 19-22, 2013. Hannover, Germany)
3. Ahmad M, Nasrullah R, Ahmad N. (2013). OR2-10 Less Resilience of Buck Sperm to Cold Shock Induced at Pre-freeze and Post-thaw. J Reprod Develop. 59 (Suppl), 86. (106th Annual Meeting of Society for Reproduction and Development, September 12-14, 2013. Fuchu, Japan, ORAL PRESENTATION) (https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/browse/jrds)
4. Ahmed M, Sattar A, Iqbal S, Shahzad Q, Tahir M.Z, Fayyaz MH and Ahmad M. (2014) A2 Cholesterol Loaded Cyclodextrin Improves Sperm Survival in Tris-Based Extender with Less Egg Yolk used in Buffalo Bulls Semen. The Thai journal of Veterinary Medicine 44 (1). (Proceedings of the 2nd Symposium of the Thai society for Animal Reproduction. March 20-21, 2014, Thailand, ORAL PRESENTATION)
5. A. Sattar, A. G. Tarin, N. Ahmad, K. Javed, Ahmad. M, A. Razzaq, K. Ahmad, and M. Younis (2014). 0522 Cholesterol-loaded cyclodextrin improves the post-thaw semen quality but not the fertility in Sahiwal bulls. J. Anim. Sci Vol. 92, E-Suppl. 2/J. Dairy Sci. Vol. 97, E-Suppl. 1 Proceedings of Joint annual meeting, 2014 held in Kansas, USA, ORAL PRESENTATION)
6. Ahmad M, Ahmed M. (2014). OR1-6 Deterioration in Sperm Quality During Freeze-Thawing can be reduced using Cholesterol Loaded Cylodextrin in Buffalo Bull Semen. J Reprod Develop (107th Annual Meeting of Society for Reproduction and Development, August 21-24, 2014. Obihiro, Japan) (https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/browse/jrds)
7. Ahmed M, Ahmad M. (2014). OR2-33 Standardization of acridine orange staining for detection of fragmented DNA of cryopreserved buffalo sperm . J Reprod Develop (107th Annual Meeting of Society for Reproduction and Development, August 21-24, 2014. Obihiro, Japan) (https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/browse/jrds)
8. Ahmad M, Ahmad N, Anzar M. (2015). 50 Bovine sperm death kinetics: temporal changes in production of reactive oxygen species and plasma membrane injury of dairy and beef frozen-thawed semen. Reprod. Fertil. Dev. 27 (1), 118. http://dx.doi.org/10.1071/RDv27n1Ab50 (41st Annual Conference of International Embryo Transfer Society, January 10-13, 2013. Versailles, France)
9. Fayyaz MH, Iqbal S, Binyameen M, Ahmad N, Ahmad M (2015). α-Lipoic acid improves the post-thaw quality and survival of Nili-Ravi buffalo bull sperm. J. Anim. Sci. Vol. 93, Suppl. s3/J. Dairy View publication stats Sci. Vol. 98, Suppl. 2.
10. Ahmad M. (2015). Incidence of endometritis and pregnancy rate is affected due to age and prolonged estrus in ovulation induced thorough bred brood mares: A clinical study. Proceedings of International Conference on Biology and Pathology of Reproduction in Domestic Animals held on September 28-30, 2015 at Gdansk, Poland.
11. Shahzad M.K, Fayyaz M.H., Sattar A, Ahmad M, Mehmood M.U, Tipu M.Y. (2016). PW167 - Comparative effect of Alpha Lipoic Acid and Butylated Hydroxytoulene on post-thaw quality of buck semen. Proceedings of The 18th International Congress on Animal Reproduction. June 26-30, 2016. Tours, France.
12. Husnain A, Rehman A, Ahmad M, Arshad U, Sattar A, Ahmad N. (2016). PW1815 - Model for AI decision: Pre-insemination single time ultrasound scanning improves fertility in bovine. Proceedings of The 18th International Congress on Animal Reproduction. June 26-30, 2016. Tours, France.
13. S.M. Hassan, M. Ahmad, S.J. Akbar (2018). AB40 Combination of l-cystein and reduced glutathione in tris-citric acid based extender improves the post thaw quality of dromedary camel spermatozoa. Abstracts / Animal Reproduction Science 194 (2018) e1–e27, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anireprosci.2018.04.047.
Lyon Catholic University (UCLy) and Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes (EPHE), France
Annals of Cytology and Pathology
University of Genoa, Italy
Global Journal of Allergy
University of Siena, Italy
International Journal of Oral and Craniofacial Science
California South University, USA
Open Journal of Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry
Metaxas Memorial Anticancer Hospital , Greece
Annals of Bone Marrow Research
Saint Joseph Hospital , Germany
Journal of Neurology, Neurological Science and Disorders
University of Nantes, France
Archives of Depression and Anxiety
UNIVERSITY OF REIMS , FRANCE
Archives of Sports Medicine and Physiotherapy
Dr. Rath Research Institute
1260 Memorex Drive, Santa Clara, USA
Global Journal of Cancer Therapy
Cardiometabolic Research Institute, USA
Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine and Cardiology