As a microbiologist and academic lecturer, I have been working on microorganisms that are related to human and health issues. Relatively, I have been interested in the development of bacteria resistance against chemotherapeutic agents which is becoming an increasing problem specially the Multi Drugs Resistant Bacteria (MDR), and this had the potential to facilitate more rational thinking about the implementation of Bacteriophages as integrated therapeutically framework. I have been working on the environmental impacts of microorganisms that are related to new industrial issues. Also I have been interested on the microorganisms that inhabit, create, or contaminate food, food-safety and their products which can be used to combat pathogenic microbes. In recent years, much interest has been shown in the use of bacteria as probiotic organisms and their potential for disease prevention in humans and animals.
Research Interest: Microbiology
Doris, is a Professor in the Exact Natural Sciences and Statistics, Faculty of Basic Sciences at University of Santiago of Cali, where he has been since last August. From 2012 to 2018 she was member of Systematic Molecular Group at National University of Colombia. From 2008 to 2012 she was member of Molecular Microbiology Group at Antioquia University. Both universities are located in Colombia. She has explored entomological parameters, molecular taxonomy and infection by Plasmodium of some Anopheles’ vectors. She has also investigated the presence and implications of mosquitoes in High altitude Ecosystem Mountains in Colombia.
Research Interest: Ambient microbiology, Integrative taxonomy and Evolution.
Rosero-García D, Rúa-Uribe G, Correa M, Conn JE, Uribe-Soto S. 2018. Mosquito (Diptera: Culicidae) grouping by OTUs (Operational Taxonomic Units) based on larval habitats characteristics in High Mountain Ecosystems of Antioquia, Colombia. Journal of Vector Ecology 43 (1): 71-79
Rosero-García D, Suaza-Vasco JD, Barajas-Galindo J, Uribe-Soto S. 2017. Mosquito fauna (Diptera: Culicidae) of high Andean mountain ecosystems in Colombia. International Journal of Mosquito Research 4(6): 10-24
Rosero-García D, Bickersmith S, Suaza-Vasco JD, Porter C, Correa M, Conn JE, Uribe-Soto S. 2017. Molecular Operational Taxonomic Units (MOTUs) of mosquitoes collected in high Andean mountain ecosystems from Antioquia, Colombia. Zootaxa 4277 (3): 369–385
Rosero-García D, Suaza-Vasco JD, Uribe-Soto S. 2016. Mosquitos (Diptera: Culicidae) del Páramo de Santa Inés en Belmira, Antioquia: actualización de registros y fortalecimiento de colecciones entomológicas de ecosistemas de alta montaña del MEFLG. Boletín del Museo Entomológico Francisco Luís Gallego 8(2): 6-20
Rosero DA, Naranjo N, Álvarez N, Cienfuegos A, Torres C, Luckhart S, Correa M. 2013. Colombian Anopheles triannulatus (Diptera: Culicidae) naturally infected with Plasmodium spp. ISRN Parasitology, Volumen 2013, Article ID 927453
Naranjo N, Rosero D, Rua G, Luckhart S, Correa M. 2013. Abundance, behavior and entomological inoculation rates of antropophilic anopheline from the Urabá, Bajo Cauca and Alto Sinú region of Colombia. Parasites & Vectors 6:61
Cadavid I, Rosero D, Uribe S. 2013. Comparación de dos métodos de extracción de ADN a partir de plantas del género Solanum, subgénero Leptostemonum. Revista Colombiana de Biotecnología. 15(2): 186-192
Rosero DA, Jaramillo LM, Gutiérrez LA, Conn JE, Correa MM. 2012. Genetic diversity of Anopheles triannulatus s.l. (Diptera: Culicidae) from northwestern and southeastern Colombia. The American Journal Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 87(5):910-920
Cienfuegos AV, Rosero D, Naranjo N, Luckhart S, Conn JE, Correa MM. 2011. Evaluation of a PCR–RFLP–ITS2 assay for discrimination of Anopheles species in northern and western Colombia. Acta Trópica 118: 128–135
Álvarez N, Rosero D, Gómez G, Correa M. 2011. Detección de mosquitos Anopheles infectados naturalmente con Plasmodium spp. en Puerto Libertador, Córdoba, Colombia. Hechos Microbiológicos 2(2); 29-39
Sánchez J, Galeano Y, Rosero D, Naranjo N, Correa M. 2011. Confirmación molecular de especie en especímenes Anopheles recolectados en el corregimiento de Juan José, Puerto Libertador, Córdoba, Colombia. Hechos Microbiológicos 2(1):19-28
Rosero D, Gutiérrez L, Cienfuegos V, Jaramillo L, Correa M. 2010. Optimización de un procedimiento de extracción de ADN para mosquitos anofelinos. Revista Colombiana de Entomología 36(2): 260-26
Gutiérrez LA, González JJ, Castro MI, Gómez GF, Rosero DA, Luckhart S, Conn JE, Correa MM. 2009. Species composition and natural infectivity of anthropophilic Anopheles (Diptera: Culicidae) in the states of Córdoba and Antioquia, northwestern Colombia. Memorias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, 104(8): 1117-1124
Rosero D, del Corral H. 2009. Guía sobre cómo hacer una monografía tomando elementos metodológicos utilizados en la revisión sistemática de un tema. Reimpresos Universidad de Antioquia. ISBN: 978-958-714-287-7
Rosero D, del Corral H. Contribución del Análisis RFLP del IS6110 del Mycobacterium tuberculosis al diseño y refinamiento de estrategias para el control de la tuberculosis en Colombia. Infectio 2008, 12(3):175-191
Skype ID: roserodorismb
I have completed my PhD from National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi, India in 2016 in microbiology and molecular biology feild. Soon after that I have joined Weill Cornell Medical College, New York in June 2016 and working in the field of metabolomics to understand the immunological insults and adaptations happening during TB infection. I have identified various metabolic signatures and important mechanism to enhance the therapeutic potential of anti-TB drugs and therapies. I am expert in microbiology, genetic engineering, metabolomics, molecular biology, drug target identification, drug screening, drug development, in vivo drug testing and identification of metabolic bio-signature (Biomarkers).
Research Interest: Microbiology, Immunology, Metabolomics, Metabolism, Drug Development, Assay Development, and Molecular biology
List of Publications:
First author papers: Total 3
1. Soni V, Upadhayay S, Suryadevara P, Samla G, Singh A, Yogeeswari P, Sriram D, Nandicoori VK. Depletion of M. tuberculosis GlmU from Infected Murine Lungs Effects the Clearance of the Pathogen. PLoS Pathog. 2015 Oct 21;11(10):e1005235.
2. Soni V, Suryadevara P, Sriram D; OSDD Consortium, Kumar S, Nandicoori VK, Yogeeswari P. Structure-based design of diverse inhibitors of Mycobacterium tuberculosis N-acetylglucosamine-1-phosphate uridyltransferase: combined molecular docking, dynamic simulation, and biological activity. J Mol Model.2015 Jul;21(7):2704.
3. Jagtap PK, Soni V*, Vithani N, Jhingan GD, Bais VS, Nandicoori VK, Prakash B. Substrate-bound crystal structures reveal features unique to Mycobacterium tuberculosis N-acetyl-glucosamine 1-phosphate uridyltransferase and a catalytic mechanism for acetyl transfer. J Biol Chem. 2012 Nov 16;287(47):39524-37. * First Co-author.
Middle author papers: Total 9
4. Suryadevara P, Yogeeswari P, Soni V, Devi PB, Nandicoori VK, Sriram D. Computational Sampling and Simulation Based Assessment of Novel Mycobacterium tuberculosis Glutamine Synthetase Inhibitors: Study involving Structure Based Drug Design and Free Energy Perturbation. Curr Top Med Chem. 2015 Aug 25.
5. Parthiban Brindha Devi, Jonnalagadda Padma Sridevi, Shruti Singh Kakan, Shalini Saxena, Variam Ullas Jeankumar, Vijay Soni, Hasitha Shilpa Anantaraju, Perumal Yogeeswari, Dharmarajan Sriram. Discovery of novel lysine ɛ-aminotransferase inhibitors: An intriguing potential target for latent tuberculosis. Tuberculosis. 2015, PII:S1472-9792 (15)20720-2
6. Petersen GO, Saxena S, Renuka J, Soni V, Yogeeswari P, Santos DS, Bizarro CV, Sriram D. Structure-based virtual screening as a tool for the identification of novel inhibitors against Mycobacterium tuberculosis 3-dehydroquinate dehydratase. J Mol Graph Model.2015 May 11.
7. Pulla VK, Sriram DS, Soni V, Viswanadha S, Sriram D, Yogeeswari P. Targeting NAMPT for Therapeutic Intervention in Cancer and Inflammation: Structure-Based Drug Design and Biological Screening. ChemBiol Drug Des.2015 Apr 7.
8. Sridevi JP, Suryadevara P, Janupally R, Sridhar J, Soni V, Anantaraju HS, Yogeeswari P, Sriram D. Identification of potential Mycobacterium tuberculosis topoisomerase I inhibitors: a study against active, dormant and resistant tuberculosis. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2015 May 25;72:81-92.
9. Janupally R, Jeankumar VU, Bobesh KA, Soni V, Devi PB, Pulla VK, Suryadevara P, Chennubhotla KS, Kulkarni P, Yogeeswari P, Sriram D. Structure-guided design and development of novel benzimidazole class of compounds targeting DNA gyraseB enzyme of Staphylococcus aureus. Bioorg Med Chem. 2014 Nov 1;22(21):5970-87..
10. Jeankumar VU, Renuka J, Pulla VK, Soni V, Sridevi JP, Suryadevara P, Shravan M, Medishetti R, Kulkarni P, Yogeeswari P, Sriram D. Development of novel N-linked aminopiperidine-based mycobacterial DNA gyrase B inhibitors: scaffold hopping from known antibacterial leads. Int J Antimicrob Agents.2014 Mar;43(3):269-78.
11. Saxena S, Devi PB, Soni V, Yogeeswari P, Sriram D. Identification of novel inhibitors against Mycobacterium tuberculosis L-alanine dehydrogenase (MTB-AlaDH) through structure-based virtual screening. J Mol Graph Model.2014 Feb;47:37-43.
12. Jeankumar VU, Renuka J, Santosh P, Soni V, Sridevi JP, Suryadevara P, Yogeeswari P, Sriram D. Thiazole-aminopiperidine hybrid analogues: design and synthesis of novel Mycobacterium tuberculosis GyrB inhibitors. Eur J Med Chem. 2013;70:143-53.
13. Indian patent; Status: Filed; File no: 3167/DEL/2015 Title: Depletion of M. tuberculosis GlmU from Infected Murine Lungs Effects the Clearance of the Pathogen.
Authors: Vinay K Nandicoori, Vijay Soni, Perumal Yogeeswari and Dharamarajan Sriram.
Abdeslem El Idrissi is a professor of Neuroscience and a Deputy Chair of the Biology Department at the College of Staten Island. He is also a Director of the Medical Technology Program and holds an appointment at the Graduate Center of the CUNY in the Neuroscience subprogram. Dr. El idrissi’s research interest focuses on the developmental maturation of the GABAergic system and the developmental disabilities associated with the abnormal development of this system. Thus the research interest has broadened to include physiological function where the inhibitory system plays a critical role. Professor El Idrissi’s research lab has shown that fragile x mouse model has a delayed maturation of the GABAergic system. Additionally, this mouse model shared a significant neurobiology with autism which extended the research interest to this area. Specifically, how environmental toxins play a role in the etiology of autism. Dr. El Idrissi’s lab has also a long standing interest in the study of taurine and its physiological functions on the brain and other organ system.
Research Interest: Tumor Biology - Progression Factors
Research Interest: Biochemistry, Neurobiology,Laboratory Medicine, Clinical Biochemistry, Clinical Molecular Biology
Research Interest: Molecular Biology of non-coding Repetitive DNA: role of satellite DNAs and their transcripts in genome dynamic.
Research Interest: Regenerative Medicine for Joint tissues degenerative diseases, Stem cells, Development and validation of serological biomarkers for Osteoarthritis, Osteoarthritis, Alzheimer’s diseases;
Research Interest: Biochemistry and Biotechnology (Wastewater Treatment, Biomass Growth, Kinetic Growth Study, Microalgae, Enzymatic Technology, Advanced Oxidation Processes, Adsorption, Ion Exchange, Membrane Technology).
Research Interest: Signal Transduction, Steroid Hormones,Anti-Cancer Activities,Resveratrol and Derivatives
Research Interest: Cardiovascular Diseases, Neurology, Ischemic Stroke, Oxidative Stress, Antioxidant System,Immune System, Inflammation, Synaptic Plasticity, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Two-Photon Microscop.
Research Interest: Environmental Biotechnology including: Assessment of Genetic Diversities; Phytosanitary, Uses of Rhizobacteria in Phytoremediation
Domenico Antonio Restivo
Nuovo Garibaldi Hospital, Italy
Journal of Neurology, Neurological Science and Disorders
Hon. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Global Journal of Obesity, Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL), Portugal
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
University of Padua, Italy
Journal of Gynecological Research and Obstetrics
University of Siena, Italy
Archives of Renal Diseases and Management
Democritus University of Thrace , Greece
International Journal of Vascular Surgery and Medicine
Journal of Addiction Medicine and Therapeutic Science
University of Siena, Italy
International Journal of Oral and Craniofacial Science
National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR)/FDA, USA
Global Journal of Anesthesiology
Nikolaos A Chrysanthakopoulos
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens , Greece
Journal of Dental Problems and Solutions