Research Interest: Rehabilitation: Parkinsons Disease, Stroke, MS
Research Interest: Immunotherapy for brain tumors, Development of a DNA vaccine for treatment of brain tumors; passive immunotherapy for treatment of Alzheimers disease
Research Interest: Epilepsy, Clinical neurophysiology (EEG and MEG)
Research Interest: Genetics, Cell and animal models of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Frontotemporal lobe dementia and Parkinson's disease
Research Interest: "Peripheral Neurology. Warm regards. "
Research Interest: Neurodegenerative diseases, Stem cell, Regenerative disease, Aging, Disease Modeling, Epigenetics
Research Interest: Calcium signaling and neurodegenerative diseases
Research Interest: I have expertise and I am interested in the following areas:neurodegenerations, mitochondria, endoplasmic reticulum, proteins, mass spectroscopy, cell culture, confocal spectroscopy, immunology, diabetes, biochemistry and cell and molecular biology.
Research Interest: Blood Brain Barrier, Neurovascular Pharmacokinetics - Stroke,Ischemia - Neurodegeneration - Neuroprotection - Neuropharmacology - Nutrient and Ion Transporters - Diabetes
Research Interest: Brain tumours
Research Interest: Inflammatory neuromuscular diseases
Research Interest: Neuroscience, Neurodegenerative Disease; Molecular Biology; Biochemistry, Transcriptomics
Research Interest: Clinical Chemistry
Research Interest: Neurorehabilitation and Neural Repair
Research Interest: Psychiatry, neuropsychiatry, neuromoulation, transcranial magnetic stimulation, transcranial direct current stimulation, microstimulation, electroconvulsive treatment
Research Interest: Angiogenesis, Ophthalmology and Neurological Disorders
Research Interest: My Research Interests Include Pediatrics, Neuropsychiatric Diseases, Genetic Disorders And ICU.
Research Interest: Neurolinguistics, Neurogenic Communication Disorders, Voice Disorders and Laryngectomy, Tinnitus.
A microbiologist with five years pharmaceutical industry and four years research experience Published three first author and several coauthor manuscripts in scientific journals.
Research Interest: Cancer Biology, Neurobiology
List of Publication:
Chanda W, Joseph TP, Guo X, Wang W, Min L, Salam MV, Padhiar AA, Zhong M. Effectiveness of Omega-
3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Against Microbial Pathogens. Journal of Zhejiang University-SCIENCE B
Joseph TP, Chanda W, Padhiar AA, Batool S, LiQun S, Zhong M, et al. A Preclinical Evaluation of the
Antitumor Activities of Edible and Medicinal Mushrooms: A Molecular Insight. Integrative cancer
therapies. 2017, 17 (2), 200-209.
Chanda W, Joseph TP, Wang W, Padhiar AA, Zhong M. The potential management of oral candidiasis
using anti-biofilm therapies. Medical Hypotheses. 2017 2017/09/01/;106(Supplement C):15-8.
Batool, S, Joseph, TP, Hussain, M, Vuai, M.S, Khinsar, K.H, Din, S.R.U, Padhiar, A.A, Zhong, M, Ning, A,
Zhang, W, Cao, J, Huang, M. LP1 from Lentinula edodes C91-3 Induces Autophagy, Apoptosis and Reduces
Metastasis in Human Gastric Cancer Cell Line SGC-7901. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2018, 19, 2986.
Kanwal S, Joseph TP, Owusu L, Xiaomeng R, Meiqi L, Yi X: A Polysaccharide Isolated from Dictyophora
indusiata Promotes Recovery from Antibiotic-Driven Intestinal Dysbiosis and Improves Gut Epithelial
Barrier Function in a Mouse Model. Nutrients 2018, 10:1003.
Fang Y, Ning A, Li S, Zhou S, Liu L, Joseph TP, et al. Polysaccharides Extracted from Rhizoma Pleionis
Have Antitumor Properties In Vitro and in an H22 Mouse Hepatoma Ascites Model In Vivo. Int. J. Mol.
Padhiar AA, Chanda W, Joseph TP, Batool S, Zhong M, et al. Comparative study to develop a single
method for retrieving wide class of recombinant proteins from classical inclusion bodies. Appl Microbiol
Biotechnol. 2018; 102(5):2363-2377.
Joseph TP, Chanda W, Padhiar AA, Batool S, Zhong M, et al. Expression and Selective in vitro Anticancer
Activity of Lp16-PSP, a Member of YjgF/YER057c/UK114 Protein Family from the Mushroom
Lentinula edodes C91-3. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2017 (In Press).
Joseph, T.P.; Chanda, W.; Mohammad, A.F.; Kanwal, S.; Batool, S.; Zhang, M.; Zhong, M.; Huang, M. Lp16-
PSP, a Member of YjgF/YER057c/UK114 Protein Family Induces Apoptosis and p21WAF1/CIP1 Mediated
G1 Cell Cycle Arrest in Human Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia (APL) HL-60 Cells. Int. J. Mol.
Sci. 2017, 18, 2407.
Chanda W, Joseph TP, Padhiar AA, Guo X, Min L, Wang W, et al. Combined effect of linolenic acid and
tobramycin on Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilm formation and quorum sensing. Experimental and
therapeutic medicine. 2017 Nov;14(5):4328-38.
H.S.L.C. (Matriculation) 2002, Happy Child High School, Guwahati, Assam, Higher Secondary 2002- 2004, Cotton College, Guwahati, Assam, Graduation (MBBS) 2004-2010, Silchar Medical College and Hospital, Assam, Registration No. 19674, Date- 11.02.10 , Assam Medical Council, Compulsory Post MBBS State (Rural) Service- 2010- 2011, Postgraduation (M.D. Anaesthesiology) 2011-2014, Silchar Medical College and Hospital, Assam. Post Diploma Certificate Course (PDCC) -Neuroanaesthesia – 1 year- Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS), Lucknow (01.07.15 - 30.06.16), DNB (Anaesthesiology)- 2016, DM (Neuroanaesthesiology) (From 01.07.2017- to be completed on 30.06.2020)
Research Interest: Neuroanaesthesiology, Neurocritical Care, Neurotrauma
Number of Publications:
1. Khandelwal A, Kapoor I, Mahajan C, Prabhakar H. Effect of positive end-expiratory pressure on optic nerve sheath diameter in pediatric patients with traumatic brain Injury. J Pediatr Neurosci 2018; 13:165-9.
2. Goyal K, Hazarika A, Khandelwal A, Sokhal N, Bindra A, Kumar N, Kedia S, Rath GP. Non- Neurological Complications after Traumatic Brain Injury: A Prospective Observational Study. Indian J Crit Care Med. 2018; 22:632-638.
3. Khandelwal A, Kapoor I, Goyal K, Singh S, Jena BR. Pneumothorax during percutaneous tracheostomy - a brief review of literature on attributable causes and preventable strategies. Anaesthesiol Intensive Ther. 2017; 49:317-319.
4. Khandelwal A, Haldar R, Srivastava A, Singh PK. Sympatholysis subsequent to intraoperative amygdalohippocampal stimulation: A report of three pediatric neurosurgical cases with literature review. J Pediatr Neurosci. 2016; 11:261-263.
5. Haldar R, Khandelwal A, Gupta D, Srivastava S, Rastogi A, Singh PK. Valsalva maneuver: Its implications in clinical neurosurgery. Neurol India. 2016; 64:1276-1280.
6. Khandelwal A, Chaturvedi A, Singh GP, Mishra RK. Intractable brain swelling during cerebral arteriovenous malformation surgery due to contralateral acute subdural haematoma. Indian J Anaesth 2018; 62:984-7.
7. Khandelwal A, Pandia MP, Lamsal R. Delayed emergence from anaesthesia and bilateral mydriasis following bilateral pallidotomy. Indian J Anaesth. 2018; 62:466-469.
8. Singh S, Khandelwal A, Datta R, Kaushal A, Singh GP. Recurrent Metabolic Acidosis during High-dose Midazolam Therapy for Refractory Status Epilepticus. Indian J Crit Care Med. 2018; 22:119-121.
9. Khandelwal A, Singh GP, Singh A, Singh S, Prasad C. Intraoperative generalized tonic- clonic seizure and consequent severe brain bulge during functional motor cortex mapping. A case report. A A Pract. 2018 Aug 7. [Epub ahead of print]
10. Khandelwal A, Haldar R, Srivastava S, Singh PK. Intense Intraoperative Thirst: A Neglected Concern during Awake Craniotomy Surgeries. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2017; 29:373-374.
11. Khandelwal A, Gupta D, Haldar R, Rai A. Isolated lower limb gangrene: a caveat of terlipressin therapy. Anaesthesiol Intensive Ther. 2016; 48:370-372.
12. Khandelwal A, Kaushal A, Singh GP, Dube SK. Suction catheter as a crucial rescuer in lost tracheostomy tract situation during percutaneous tracheostomy. Saudi J Anaesth. 2017; 11:129-130
13. Khandelwal A, Jena BR, Kumar N, Kaushal A. Hypermobile laryngeal granulomas: a potential cause of false negative cuff leak test. Anaesthesiol Intensive Ther. 2017; 49:77-78.
14. Khandelwal A, Debbarman S, Rath GP, Lamsal R. Sedation induced by antiepileptic drugs polytherapy: A note of caution during anesthesia. Saudi J Anaesth 2019; 13:86-7
15. Khandelwal A, Lamsal R, Rath GP, Netam RK, Bir M. Motor-evoked potential monitoring: A valuable tool for the diagnosis of position-related neurologic deficits. Saudi J Anaesth 2019; 13:88-9.
16. Khandelwal A, Sokhal N, Jena BR. Severe hypoglycemia mimicking raised intracranial pressure - A word of caution. Neurol India. 2017; 65:620-621.
17. Khandelwal A, Singh GP, Kharwar RK, Deganwa M. An iron rod restricting access to airway: an unusual presentation. Anaesthesiol Intensive Ther.2017; 49:241-242.
18. Khandelwal A, Mishra RK, Singh S, Singh S, Rath GP. Dilated Pupil as a Diagnostic Component of Brain Death-Does it Really Matter? J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2018 Jun 22.
19. Khandelwal A, Mahajan C, Sameera V, Prabhakar H, Kapoor I. Intraoperative Blood Pressure Discrepancy Between Arms During Prone Position. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2018; 30:80-81.
20. Khandelwal A, Kapoor I, Prabhakar H, Mahajan C. Subcutaneous Hematoma following Subcutaneous Emphysema: An Occult Association. Indian J Crit Care Med. 2017; 21:618-619.
21. Khandelwal A, Shamim R. Low–osmolality contrast agents-A risk for myasthenics. Neurology India. 2016; 64:558.
22. Khandelwal A, Kumar N. Sustained intraoperative bradycardia revealing Sengers syndrome. Indian J Anaesth. 2018; 62:86.
23. Khandelwal A, Sokhal N, Kumar N, Singh S, Sokhal S. Phenytoin-induced Excessive Sedation During Awake Craniotomy: An Unusual Observation. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2019; 31:87-88.
24. Khandelwal A, Gupta S, Prabhakar H, Burman S. Venous air embolism following application of Mayfield head clamp: A word of caution. Indian J Anaesth 2018; 62:1002-3.
25. Gupta D, Khandelwal A. Bowel Preparation in Awake Craniotomy: An Overlooked Entity. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2017; 29:367-368.
26. Haldar R, Khandelwal A, Vagyannavar R, Srivastava S. Obscure Retropharyngeal Mucocutaneous Masses Associated With Acoustic Neurofibromatosis: A Source of Difficult Airway Management. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2017; 29:369-370.
27. Haldar R, Khandelwal A, Gupta D, Srivastava S, Singh PK. Acute post-operative diabetic ketoacidosis: Atypical harbinger unmasking latent diabetes mellitus. Indian J Anaesth. 2016; 60:763-765
28. Gupta D, Khandelwal A, Haldar R. A Novel Method of Fixation of Tracheostomy Tube in Cervical Spine Surgeries with Posterior Approach. J Neurosci Rural Pract. 2016; 7:S123.
29. Chavali S, Singh S, Kaushal A, Khandelwal A, Roy H. Persistent hypertensive response following dexmedetomidine infusion in a patient with cervical spinal cord injury.J Neurosci Rural Pract 2018; 9:426-427.
30. Ramakrishna MC, Singh S, Khandelwal A. A rare case of variation in the anatomical relationship between the common carotid artery and the internal jugular vein due to enlarged thyroid. Indian J Anaesth. 2017; 61:601-602.
31. Singh S, Roy H, Singh GP, Khandelwal A. Early postoperative carbamazepine-induced tetany in a patient with trigeminal neuralgia. J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol. 2018; 34:405-406.
NON-MEDLINE (PUBMED) INDEXED
1. Khandelwal A, Tarat A, Nath R, Kote SS. Intrathecal Hyperbaric Ropivacaine for Day Case Pelvic, Perineal and Lower Limb Surgeries–A Prospective Study. Indian Journal of Clinical Anaesthesia. 2015; 2:119-25.
2. Kapoor I, Khandelwal A, Mahajan C, Prabhakar H, Bithal PK. Changes in Optic Nerve Sheath Diameter in Response to Various Levels of End-Tidal Carbon Dioxide in Healthy Patients under General Anesthesia. J Neuroanaesthesiol Crit Care. 2018.
3. Khandelwal A, Pathak DG, Nath R, Sonowal P, Pasari C, Kote SS. Spinal myoclonus following intrathecal anesthesia with bupivacaine for elective appendicectomy. Int J Sci Stud 2014; 2:112-114.
4. Khandelwal A, Mahajan C, Kapoor I, Prabhakar H. Intra‑operative bradycardia during forceful saline irrigation following temporal lobectomy. J Neuroanaesthesiol Crit Care. 2017. 4:57.
5. Khandelwal A, Dube S K, Singh G P. Spontaneous retrograde coiling of central venous catheter into the ipsilateral internal jugular vein – Can it happen? Crit Care Pediatr. 2018; 1:57-58.
6. Nath R, Dutta S, Khandelwal A. Attenuation of Hemodynamic Response during Laryngoscopy and Intubation with Low Dose Intravenous Nalbuphine. J Hematol Transfus 2015; 3: 1036.
7. Nath R, Dutta S, Medom K, Khandelwal A. Evaluation of the analgesic efficacy and safety of intravenous paracetamol in comparison to intravenous tramadol for post-operative analgesia in patients undergoing lower abdominal surgery. J Evol Med And Dent Sci. 2015; 4:505-13.
8. Kote SS, Khandelwal A, Pathak DG, Nath R. An unusual case of osmotic demyelination syndrome without electrolyte changes in a patient with diabetes. J Neuroanaesthesiol Crit Care. 2017 2016; 3:145.
9. Mitra R, Prabhakar H, Rath GP, Bithal PK, Khandelwal A. A comparative study between intraoperative low-dose ketamine and dexmedetomidine, as an anaesthetic adjuvant in lumbar spine instrumentation surgery for the post-operative analgesic requirement. J Neuroanaesthesiol Crit Care 2017; 4:91-8.
Nikolaos A Chrysanthakopoulos
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens , Greece
Journal of Dental Problems and Solutions
National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR)/FDA, USA
Global Journal of Anesthesiology
Columbia University, USA
Journal of Novel Physiotherapy and Physical Rehabilitation
Democritus University of Thrace , Greece
International Journal of Vascular Surgery and Medicine
University of Siena, Italy
Archives of Renal Diseases and Management
Marco Matteo Ciccone
University of Bari , Italy
Archives of Organ Transplantation
Arghya Narayan Banerjee
Yeungnam University, South Korea
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
Metaxas Memorial Anticancer Hospital , Greece
Annals of Bone Marrow Research
William CS Cho
Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Hong Kong
International Journal of Immunotherapy and Cancer Research
Kyushu University, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Fukuoka, Japan
Global Journal of Cancer Therapy