University of Athens, Greece
Research Interest: Topics in chemical quality
control in pharmacy practice; Application of different analytical techniques
for the determination of pharmaceuticals in the presence of their degradation
product(s) including; Different spectrophotometric methods such as colorimetry,
derivative and derivative-ratio spectrophotometry. Different chromatographic methods
such as TLC-densitometry, Preparative TLC, Two-dimensional TLC, GC and HPLC. Monitoring
of the degradation profile of the pharmaceuticals and kinetic studies. Synthesis
of the degradation product(s) of the selected drugs and structure elucidation.Chemometric
methods, such as CLS, PCR and PLS.
Research Interest: Photocatalysis, colloid and interfacial phenomenon, CO2 capture and storage, multiphase flow in porous materials,
i) 5.2018-5.2020, UGC-UKIERI, £50000, Novel EOR technique for the depleted oil reservoirs of Upper Assam Basin with simultaneous CO2 Capture and Sequestration. (PI)
(ii) 10.2017-9.2018, EPSRC, £10000, EPSRC Formulations for collaboration with the University of Nottingham
(iii) 8.2016 - 7.2019, EPSRC, EP/N024672/1, £1,226,534, A compact CO2 capture process to combat industrial emissions.
(iv) 2013 - 9. 2015 Royal Society of Edinburgh, Removal of SOx and NOx from fossil fuel combustion, £11,600.
(v) 1.2013 - 4.2016, EPSRC, EP/J019720/1, £832,807, Feasibility of a wetting layer absorption carbon capture process based on chemical solvents. For this project, I supervised a research associate working on microwave swing adsorption for CO2 capture.
(vi) 2012-2013, Royal Academy of Engineering, Study on phosphorylated hollow silica / polysulfone hybrid membrane for the treatment of wastewater containing oil, £24000.
(vii) 2011-2014, EPSRC, EP/I010939/1, £664,440, FOCUS – Fundamentals of Optimised Capture Using Solids: circulating fluidised bed CO2 capture processes for coal-fired power plants based on amine-functionalised adsorbents.
(viii) 10/2011 - 9/2014, PhD studentship, Carnegie Trust for the Universities of Scotland, Transport of three phase flow in porous media for CO2 storage and enhanced oil recovery, £60,000.
(ix) 2010-2011 Research Grant from the Royal Society, £17,745,
List of Publications
1. C. Chao, X. Jin, L. Teng, A.A. Stokes, X. Fan, Bubble Dislodgment in a Capillary Network with Microscopic Multichannels and Multibifurcation Features, Langmuir, 2019, DOI: 10.1021/acs.langmuir.8b03323
2. E Al-Zaidi, X Fan*, Liquid CO2 behaviour during water displacement in a sandstone core sample, Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering 62, 259-274, 2019
3. C Chao, G Xu, X Fan*, Effect of surface tension, viscosity, pore geometry and pore contact angle on effective pore throat, Chemical Engineering Science, 197, 269-279, 2019
4. E Al-Zaidi, K Edlmann, X Fan*, Gaseous CO2 behaviour during water displacement in a sandstone core sample, International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 80, 32-42, 2019
5. C Chao, X Xu, SO Kwelle, X Fan*, Significance of gas-liquid interfaces for two-phase flows in micro-channels, Chemical Engineering Science 192, 114-125, 2018
6. E Al-Zaidi, X Fan*, K Edlmann, Supercritical CO2 behaviour during water displacement in a sandstone core sample, International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 79, 200-211, 2018
7. F Bougie, X Fan*, Microwave regeneration of monoethanolamine aqueous solutions used for CO2 capture, International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 79, 165-172, 2018
8. L Liu, H Chen, E Shiko, X Fan, Y Zhou, G Zhang, X Luo, XE Hu, Low-cost DETA impregnation of acid-activated sepiolite for CO2 capture, Chemical Engineering Journal 353, 940-948, 2018
9. E Al-Zaidi, J Nash, X Fan*, Effect of CO2 phase on its water displacements in a sandstone core sample, International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 71, 227-238, 2018
10. E Al-Zaidi, X Fan*, Effect of aqueous electrolyte concentration and valency on contact angle on flat glass surfaces and inside capillary glass tubes, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects 543, 1-8, 2018
11. E Al-Zaidi, X Fan*, K Edlmann, The Effect of CO2 Phase on Oil Displacement in a Sandstone Core Sample, Fluids 3 (1), 23-, 2018
12. Y. Guo*, H. Wu, X. Fan*, L. Zhoua, Q. Chen, Palladium composite membrane fabricated on rough porous alumina tube without intermediate layer for hydrogen separation, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 42, 9958–9965, 2017.
13. Y. Guo, Y. Jin, H Wu, D. Li, X. Fan, Direct synthesis of propylene oxide using hydrogen peroxide in a membrane reactor, Chemical Papers, 71, 49-57, 2017
14. S.J. McGurk, C.F. Martín, S. Brandani, M.B. Sweatman, X. Fan*, Microwave Swing Regeneration of Aqueous Monoethanolamine for Post-Combustion CO2 Capture, Applied Energy, 192, 126–133, 2017
15. S. Farrukh, X. Fan, A. Hussain, A comparative CO2 adsorption analysis in pure and amine modified composite membranes. Polymer-Plastics Technology and Engineering, 56, 1158–1166, 2017
16. C.F. Martín, M.B. Sweatman, S. Brandani, X. Fan*, Wet impregnation of a commercial low cost silica using DETA for a fast post-combustion CO2 capture process, Applied Energy, 183, 1705–1721, 2016.
17. Dne. Nagy, D. Nagy, I.M Szilagyicd, X. Fan*, Effect of the morphology and phases of WO3 nanocrystals on their photocatalytic efficiency, RSC Adv. 6, 33743, 2016. 1 citation.
18. D Nagy, T Firkala, X Fan†, I.M. Szilágyi, A study of the effect of the morphology on the photocatalytic activity of WO3, Eur. Chem. Bull., 5, 40-42, 2016
19. S. Hafeez, X. Fan†, A. Hussain, C.F. Martín, CO2 adsorption using TiO2 composite polymeric membranes: A kinetic study, Journal of Environmental Sciences, 35, 163-171, 2015. 2 citations.
20. X. Li, X. Fan*, Effect of CO2 phase on contact angle in oil-wet and water-wet pores, International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 36, 106-113, 2015. 8 citations.
21. X. Li, H. Fan, X. Fan*, Effect of chemical structure of organics on pore wetting, Chemical Engineering Science, 137, 458-465, 2015. 1 citation
22. S. Hafeez, X. Fan†, A. Hussain, A Kinetic Study of CO2 Adsorption in Cellulose Acetate Membranes, International Journal of Environmental Science and Development, 6, 755-759, 2015.
Research Interest: QSAR, DFT, Transition State Theory, Ab initio Methods, electronic structure, reactivity indices
Research Interest: Controlled Drug Delivery
systems; Drug Targeting; Mini-tablets; Helicobacter pylori; Polymers;
Gastroretentive dosage forms; Osmotic drug delivery systems; Centrally acting
drug; Anti-infectives; Natural products; Nanoscience; Self-emulsifying drug
delivery systems; Tablets; Nanoemulsion.
Research Interest: Medicinal Chemistry; Peptidomimetics; Enzyme Inhibitors; Negleted Tropical Diseases; Cysteine Protease; Rhodesain; Falcipain-2; Antitumor Agents; Proteasome.
Research Interest: Highly efficient chemical
synthesis, discovery of new types of drugs and discovery of catalyst and its
application. In addition, I interest to synthesis new classes of dendrimer-like
polymeric DNA, polymers and its application for chemiluminescence detection of
target DNA and delivery of siRNA. I have experience of a wide range of
techniques as applied to Medicinal chemistry, including medicinal chemistry,
molecular biology, analytical chemistry, spectroscopy, synthetic chemistry and
Gaziosmanpasa University, Turkey Plant Research Lab of Chemistry, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
2011-2016 PhD (Research Assis-tant) Gaziosmanpasa University Molecular Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
2008- 2011 Master (Research Assis-tant) Gaziosmanpasa University Molecular Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
2003-2007 Under graduate Cumhuriyet Univer-sity Biology, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Research Interest: Algae cultivation, Plant biotechnology, Secondary metabolite production
1. Bioprocessingof microalgae for production and recovery of high-value metabolites;", Texas A&M University, 23.08.2015 -29.11.2015
2. Activity Controlled Isolation of Isolated Secondary Metabolites from Cladophora fracta (Tubitak 2017-2018).
3. Investigation of Pharmacological Secondary Metabolites in Some Cyanobacteria Members and Investigation of the Effects of Various Stress Conditions on the Production of these Metabolites (2016- 2018 Bap Turkey).
List of Publications:
1. Tunay Karan, Ramazan Erenler Zekeriya Altuner, Mahfuz Elmastas. Molecular Identification and Norharmane Quantification of Cyanobacterium, Geitlerinema carotinosum. International Journal of Pharmacy& Pharmaceutical Research.June 2017, Vol.:9, Issue:3, 67-73.
2. Tunay Karan, Ramazan Erenler. Screening of Norharmane from Seven Cyanobacteria by High performance Liquid Chromatography. Pharmacogn. Mag. 11.10.2017, Vol: 13, Issue: 51, 723-725.
3.Tunay Karan, Zekeriya Altuner, Ramazan Erenler. Growth and Metabolite Production of Chroococcus minutus Under Different Temperature and Light Conditions. Journal of New Results in Science, 6:1 47-52, 2017.
4. Tunay KARAN, Taner DAŞTAN, İnanç BARAL, Zekeriya ALTUNER. Effects of Differential Time Applications on Some Cyanobacterial Norharman Production Rates. Cumhuriyet Üniversitesi Fen Fakültesi Fen Bilimleri Dergisi (CFD), Cilt 37, No. 4 (2016) ISSN: 1300-1949.
5. Tunay KARAN, Ramazan ERENLER, Zekeriya ALTUNER. Isolation and Molecular Identification of Some Blue-Green Algae (Cyanobacteria) from Freshwater Sites in Tokat Province of Turkey. Turkish Journal of Agriculture - Food Science and Technology, 5(11): 1371-1378, 2017
6.Tunay KARAN, Saban Tekin, Ahmet Bursalı, Adem Keskin. Investigation of Tick-Borne Encephalitis Virus (TBEV) in Ixodid Ticks Collected from Central Black Sea Region in Turkey. Journal of New Results in Science 4 (2014) 30-35
7.Sevgi Durna Dastan, Naci Degerli, Taner Dastan, Fazilet Yildiz, Yavuz Yildir, Yusuf Muhammed Durna, Dilek Atessahin and Tunay Karan. Phenylthiocarbamide taste perception as a possible genetic association marker for nutritional habits and obesity tendency of people. Pak. J. Pharm. Sci., Vol.28, No.3(Suppl), May 2015, pp.1141-1150.
8. Sevgi Durna Daştan, Taner Daştan, Serap Çetinkaya, Dilek Ateşşahin, Tünay Karan. Evaluation of In Vitro Anticancer Effect of Plantago major L. and Plantago lanceolata L. Leaf Extracts from Sivas. Cumhuriyet Üniv. Sağ. Bil. Enst. Derg. 2016 (1)1: 07-14
9. Tunay KARAN, İlyas Yıldız, Ali Aydın, ,Ramazn Erenler Inhibition of Various Cancer Cells Proliferation of Bornyl Acetate and Essential Oil from Inula graveolens (Linnaeus) Desf. Rec. Nat. Prod. 12:3 (2018) 273-283
10. Ramazan Erenler, Tuğba Adak, Tunay KARAN, Mahfuz Elmastaş,İlyas Yıldız, Hüseyin Akşit,Gülaçtı Topcu,Murat Aydın Sanda. CHEMICAL CONSTITUENTS ISOLATED FROM ORİGANUM SOLYMICUM WITH ANTIOXIDANT ACTIVITITES. The Eurasia Proceedings of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (EPSTEM) 2017,Volume 1, Pages 139-145
11. Tünay KARAN, Mesut KOYUNCU, İskender PARMAKSIZ, Köksal PABUÇCU, Zekeriya ALTUNER. Siyanotoksinler ve Biyosentezlerinden Sorumlu Genlerin Düzenlenmesi. Gaziosmanpaşa Fen Bilimeri Enstitüsü Bilimsel Araştırma Dergisi 11 (2015) 54-69 .
12. KARAN TÜNAY,TEKIN SABAN, BURSALI AHMET.‘Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever Virus in Ixodid Ticks in Tokat Province of Turkey. Abstracts / Journal of Biotechnology 161S (2012) 19–48.
13. Tunay KARAN, Saban Tekin, Adem Keskin, Ahmet Bursalı. Testing The Presence of Tick-Borne Encephalitis Virus in Ixodid Ticks (Acari: Ixodidae) From Tokat and Ordu Vicinity. In vivo International Journal of Experimental and Clinical Pathophysiology and Drug Research. 25:3 467-576 (2011).
14. Tunay KARAN, Omer KAYIR, Zekeriya ALTUNER, Ramazan ERENLER.Growth and norharmane production of Chroococcus minutus under various stress conditions.2018, 1, 10-15.
15.Tunay KARAN. Metabolic profile and biological activities of Lavandula stoechas L. Cellular and Molecular Biology E-ISSN : 1165-158X / P-ISSN : 0145-5680.
16. Tunay Karan, Ramazan Erenler. Fatty acid constituents and anticancer activity of Cladophora fracta (OF Müller ex Vahl) Kützing. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research October 2018; 17 (10): 1977-1982.
17. Tunay Karan, Ali Aydin. Anticancer potential and cytotoxic effect of some freshwater cyanobacteria. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research November 2018; 17 (11): 2183-2188.
18.Evanthia Mantzouki, Tunay KARAN and et. al. Temperature Effects Explain Continental Scale Distribution of Cyanobacterial Toxins. Toxins 2018, 10, 156.
19.Evanthia Mantzouki, Tunay KARAN and et. al. A European Multi Lake Survey dataset of
environmental variables, phytoplankton pigments and cyanotoxins. Scıentıfıc Data 5:180226 DOI: 10.1038/sdata.2018.226.
20. Tunay Karan and Bilge Hilal Cadirci. Evaluatıon of antımıcrobıal and antıoxıdant actıvıty of lepıdıum draba l. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, Vol 7, Issue 13, 2018.
Research Interest: Adenosine receptor antagonists, Medicinal
and organic chemistry of N-heterocycles. Microwave irradiation in heterocyclic
Research Interest: Pharmacokinetics, drug
development, Medicinal chemistry, Computational chemistry methods.
Research Interest: Marine natural products (MNPs),
in particular the synthesis and structural modification of bioactive MNPs.
Research Interest: Natural Product Chemistry,
Medicinal Chemistry, Chemical Biolgoy
Research Interest: Pharmaceutical analytical
chemistry, chemometrics, HPLC, HPTLC, GFAAS, spectrophotometry, analysis of
drugs in pharmaceuticals and in biological fluids
Mr. Suresh Aluvihara
is a postgraduate scholar at department of Chemical and Process Engineering,
University of Peradeniya. When considering his academic profile that he has
obtained a B.Sc. (Hon’s) in
Mineral Resources Technology and currently he is studying for his M.Sc. degree
in Environmental Engineering at University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. According
to his study scope that he has studied Mineral Sciences, Earth Science, Water
Science and relevant aspects such as the Environmental Science and Engineering.
Apart from that he is having some research and publication experiences in some reputed journals and conferences as an author and also with the reviewing experiences in some of recognized journals and one leading guest editor in one of journal with high impact factor.
Research Interest: Mineral Science, Earth
Science, Water Science and Environmental Engineering
Published On: July 05, 2019 | Pages: 030 - 034Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 25, 2019 | Pages: 020 - 029Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 21, 2019 | Pages: 013 - 019Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: May 31, 2019 | Pages: 009 - 012Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: March 21, 2019 | Pages: 001 - 008Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: December 31, 2018 | Pages: 001 - 002Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 28, 2017 | Pages: 023 - 025Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 25, 2017 | Pages: 012 - 022Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 11, 2017 | Pages: 001 - 011Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: December 30, 2016 | Pages: 009 - 013Abstract View Full Article View
I suggest that the journal should get impact factor for faster indexing. I definitely recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. I ensure that I recommend my staff to publish their valuable research works in your journal. I can get the required information on the journal website easily.
I definitely confer my services and continue my association as an editor in this journal. The comments from editors and reviewers are agreeable. I suggest to all EB members of IJNNN can organise some Special issue for journal growth. Manuscript submission process in this journal is trouble-free. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. I recommend to my staff for manuscripts submission in this journal. I can easily find the required information on the journal website.
The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Selection of reviewers regarding the ability to analyse data according to their Research interest that can be helpful for the growth of the journal. Manuscript submission process is good. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication of their valuable works. I like mostly like the Reviewer Evaluation form in the Peer Review process of this journal. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
I like to continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and satisfactory. The journal should accept high quality manuscripts. Manuscript submission process in this journal is smooth and user friendly. I definitely recommend this journal to get indexed in major indexing platforms. I will recommend my co experts to submit their manuscripts for supporting the journal. The time line between submission and publication of manuscript is Hassel-free. I can find the required information in the website easily.
I wish to associate with the journal and confer my services. Manuscript submission process is rapid. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommended this journal to others for publication of their research works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is rapidity. The required information is easily available on the website.
I wish to be associated with the journal as Editor and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Manuscript submission process is rapid and smooth. It is necessary for the journal to get indexed in Pubmed. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
I like to continue my association with this journal and confer my services for journal growth. The reviewer and editor comments in this journal is fair and meaning full. I will recommend this journal to get reputed indexing platform. I strongly suggest my colleagues who are expertise in this journal to submit their valuable works in this journal. I am satisfied with manuscript submission and publication timeline process. I can easily find the required information on the journal website.
I continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The comments we are getting from editors and reviewers are acceptable. The manuscript submission process is Hassel-free. I strongly recommend this journal to get indexing in different platforms. The timeline between submission and publication is satisfactory. I like the rapid and fair publication process in this journal. I can get the required information in the journal website easily.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and satisfactory. The journal should try hard to be indexed in Web of Science. Manuscript submission process is fast flowing. I recommend this journal to others for publication of their valuable research work. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is timely response. The required information is easily available on the website.
I like to continue my association as an editor for this journal and provide my services. The editors and reviewer comments in this journal are considerable. The manuscript submission process in this journal is uncomplicated. I propose this journal for getting reputed indexing services. I endorse that I will suggest to others to submit their works for publication in this journal. I mostly like the response, I am getting rapidly from editors and reviewers in this journal. I satisfied with the time line of manuscript submission and publication process. I can go through the journal website and easily get the required information.
Thomas F. George
University of Missouri - St. Louis, USA
Open Journal of Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry
Saint Joseph Hospital , Germany
Journal of Neurology, Neurological Science and Disorders
Dr. Rath Research Institute
1260 Memorex Drive, Santa Clara, USA
Global Journal of Cancer Therapy
Lund University, Sweden
Annals of Environmental Science and Toxicology
University of Siena, Italy
Archives of Renal Diseases and Management
UNIVERSITY OF REIMS , FRANCE
Archives of Sports Medicine and Physiotherapy
China University of Political Science and Law, China
Forensic Science Today
Cardiometabolic Research Institute, USA
Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine and Cardiology
Peter J Catalano
Tufts University, USA
Archives of Otolaryngology and Rhinology
Arghya Narayan Banerjee
Yeungnam University, South Korea
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine