University of Athens, Greece
Research Interest: Enzymology; Biocatalysis in
Organic Solvent; Protein Biochemistry.
Research Interest: Nanotechnology, Photodynamic Therapy, Sonodynamic Therapy, Anti-Cancer and Anti-Infectious Medicines, Functional Food and Food Safety.
Research Interest: Drug Design, Phytochemistry,
Medicinal chemistry and Analytical Chemistry.
Research Interest: Conventional solid dosage forms
especially powders, granules, and tablets; Modified release solid dosage forms
especially colonic delivery of tablets containing peptides and proteins;
Physics of tablets, tabletting technology, coated dosage forms, andmicroparticulate
Research Interest: Ischemic Stroke, Diabetic Foot, Anderson-Fabry Disease, Congestive Heart Failure.
Research Interest: Isolation and structural
elucidation of biologically active metabolites from natural sources (Plants and
Fungi); Marine natural products chemistry and biology; Phytochemical
characterization of plant extracts used in traditional medicine, their
pharmacological evaluation, and the isolation and identification of their
Research Interest: Military toxicology; Acetylcholinesterase reactivators as treatment of nerve agent and pesticide intoxications; Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors in Alzheimer´s disease and Myasthenia Gravis treatment; Synthesis of the detergents as disinfectants, decontamination means and environment for micellar catalysis; Drug design and Development; Chemical warfare agents; Biological warfare agents; Pharmaceutical Industry; Project Management; Scientific Management; Technology Transfer; Commercialization; Fund Raising; Cloud computing; Parallel computing; medical devices development; toxins.
Research Interest: Bioassay guided isolation of
active constituents-Phytochemsitry and analytical pharmacognosy. Wound healing
assessment of medicinal plants and their secondary metabolites. Analgesic and
anti-inflammatory activities of medicinal plants. Isolation of natural
compounds from the medicinal plants used against gynecological diseases.
My specific research interests are synthetic methodology development, total synthesis, medicinal chemistry, natural product isolation and derivatization, proteomics, drug discovery and development, translational oncology
Research Interest: Organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, natural products, translational oncology, proteomics
List of Publications:
1. Charaschanya, M.; Li, K.; Motiwala, H. F.; Aubé, J. An Interrupted Schmidt Reaction: C–C Bond Formation Arising from Nitrilium Ion Capture. Org. Lett. 2018, 20, 6354–6358. DOI: 10.1021/acs.orglett.8b02531.
2. Roy, S.; Motiwala, H. F.; Koshlap, K. M.; Aubé, J. Hexafluoroisopropanol and Acetyl Chloride Promoted Catalytic Hydroarylation with Phenols. Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2018, 2018, 306–315. DOI: 10.1002/ejoc.201701256.
3. Tom, C. T. M. B.; Crellin, J. E.; Motiwala, H. F.; Stone, M. B.; Davda, D.; Walker, W.; Kuo, Y-H.; Hernandez, J. L.; Labby, K. J.; Gomez-Rodriguez, L.; Jenkins, P. M.; Veatch, S. L.; Martin, B. R. Chemoselective Ratiometric Imaging of Protein S-Sulfenylation. Chem. Commun. 2017, 53, 7385–7388. DOI: 10.1039/C7CC02285A.
4. Motiwala, H. F.; Martin, B. R. Trail-BlAIZin New Directions for Conditional Proteomics. Nature Methods 2016, 13, 917–918. DOI: 10.1038/nmeth.4043.
5. White, P. T.; Subramanian, C.; Motiwala, H. F.; Cohen, M. S., Natural Withanolides in the Treatment of Chronic Diseases. In Anti-inflammatory Nutraceuticals and Chronic Diseases; Gupta, C. S.; Prasad, S.; Aggarwal, B. B., Eds.; Springer International Publishing: Cham, 2016; pp 329–373. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-41334-1_14.
6. Byrd, K. M.; Subramanian, C.; Sanchez, J.; Motiwala, H. F.; Liu, W.; Cohen, M. S.; Holzbeierlein, J.; Blagg, B. S. J. Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Novobiocin Core Analogues as Hsp90 Inhibitors. Chem. Eur. J. 2016, 22, 6921–6931. DOI: 10.1002/chem.201504955.
7. Motiwala, H. F.; Charaschanya, M.; Day, V. W.; Aubé, J. Remodeling and Enhancing Schmidt Reaction Pathways in Hexafluoroisopropanol. J. Org. Chem. 2016, 81, 1593–1609. DOI: 10.1021/acs.joc.5b02764.
8. Motiwala, H. F.; Yin, Q.; Aubé, J. Improved Schmidt Conversion of Aldehydes to Nitriles Using Azidotrimethylsilane in 1,1,1,3,3,3-Hexafluoro-2-propanol. Molecules 2016, 21, 45. DOI: 10.3390/molecules21010045.
9. Motiwala, H. F., Vekariya, R. H., Aubé, J. Intramolecular Friedel–Crafts Acylation Reaction Promoted by 1,1,1,3,3,3-Hexafluoro-2-propanol. Org. Lett. 2015, 17, 5484–5487. DOI: 10.1021/acs.orglett.5b02851.
10. Aubé, J.; Fehl, C.; Liu, R.; McLeod, M. C.; Motiwala, H. F. Hofmann, Curtius, Schmidt, Lossen, and Related Reactions. In Comprehensive Organic Synthesis II, Molander, G. A.; Knochel, P., Eds.; 2nd ed.; Vol 6, Elsevier: Amsterdam, 2014; pp 598–635. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-08-097742-3.00623-6.
11. Motiwala, H. F.; Bazzill, J.; Samadi, A.; Zhang, H.; Timmermann, B. N.; Cohen, M. S.; Aubé, J. Synthesis and Cytotoxicity of Semisynthetic Withalongolide A Analogues. ACS Med. Chem. Lett. 2013, 4, 1069–1073. DOI: 10.1021/ml400267q.
12. Jadhav, R. D.; Mistry, H. D.; Motiwala, H.; Kadam, K. S.; Kandre, S.; Gupte, A.; Gangopadhyay, A. K.; Sharma, R. A Facile One-Pot Synthesis of 3,5-Disubstituted Isoxazole Derivatives Using Hydroxy (Tosyloxy) Iodobenzene. J. Heterocycl. Chem. 2013, 50, 774–780. DOI: 10.1002/jhet.1556.
13. Motiwala, H. F.; Fehl, C.; Li, S.-W.; Hirt, E.; Porubsky, P.; Aubé, J. Overcoming Product Inhibition in Catalysis of the Intramolecular Schmidt Reaction. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, 135, 9000–9009. DOI: 10.1021/ja402848c.
14. Zhang, H.; Motiwala, H.; Samadi, A.; Day, V.; Aubé, J.; Cohen, M.; Kindscher, K.; Gollapudi, R.; Timmermann, B. Minor Withanolides of Physalis longifolia: Structure and Cytotoxicity. Chem. Pharm. Bull. 2012, 60, 1234–1239. DOI: 10.1248/cpb.c12-00305.
15. Timmermann, B. N.; Aubé, J.; Zhang, H.; Gollapudi, R.; Cohen, M. S.; Samadi, A.; Fakhruddin–Motiwala, H. Withanolides Isolated From Physalis longifolia and Analogs and Methods of Use Thereof. US20120196815A1, 2012.
16. Motiwala, H. F.; Gülgeze, B.; Aubé, J. Copper-Catalyzed Oxaziridine-Mediated Oxidation of C–H Bonds. J. Org. Chem. 2012, 77, 7005–7022. DOI: 10.1021/jo3012336.
17. Motiwala, H.; Kandre, S.; Birar, V.; Kadam, K. S.; Rodge, A.; Jadhav, R. D.; Mahesh, K. R. M.; Brahma, M. K.; Deshmukh, N. J.; Dixit, A.; Doshi, L.; Gupte, A.; Gangopadhyay, A. K.; Vishwakarma, R. A.; Srinivasan, S.; Sharma, M.; Nemmani, K. V. S.; Sharma, R. Exploration of Pyridine Containing Heteroaryl Analogs of Biaryl Ureas as DGAT1 Inhibitors. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2011, 21, 5812–5817. DOI: 10.1016/j.bmcl.2011.07.109.
18. Chakraborti, A. K.; Garg, S. K.; Kumar, R.; Motiwala, H. F.; Jadhavar, P. S. Progress in COX-2 Inhibitors: A Journey So Far. Curr. Med. Chem. 2010, 17, 1563–1593. DOI: 10.2174/092986710790979980.
19. Doshi, L. S.; Brahma, M. K.; Sayyed, S. G.; Dixit, A. V.; Chandak, P. G.; Pamidiboina, V.; Motiwala, H. F.; Sharma, S. D.; Nemmani, K. V. S. Acute Administration of GPR40 Receptor Agonist Potentiates Glucose-Stimulated Insulin Secretion In Vivo in the Rat. Metabolism 2009, 58, 333–343. DOI: 10.1016/j.metabol.2008.10.005.
20. Motiwala, H. F.; Kumar, R.; Chakraborti, A. K. Microwave-Accelerated Solvent- and Catalyst-Free Synthesis of 4-Aminoaryl/alkyl-7-chloroquinolines and 2-Aminoaryl/alkylbenzothiazoles. Aust. J. Chem. 2007, 60, 369–374. DOI: 10.1071/ch06391.
Research Interest: Natural Product Chemistry,
Medicinal Chemistry, Chemical Biolgoy
Research Interest: "Organometallic: Transition Metal-catalyzed Nitrogenation of Hydrocarbons; edicinal Inorganic Chemistry: Ruthenium-based Metallopharmaceuticals; Renewable Biomass Energy: Metal-catalyzed Conversion of Cellulosic Biomass for fuels and value-added chemicals"
Published On: March 21, 2019 | Pages: 003 - 010Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation Base Search Scilit OAI-PMH ResearchGate SciForum
Published On: December 31, 2018 | Pages: 001 - 002Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation Base Search Scilit OAI-PMH ResearchGate SciForum
Published On: July 28, 2017 | Pages: 023 - 025Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation Base Search Scilit OAI-PMH ResearchGate SciForum
Published On: July 25, 2017 | Pages: 012 - 022Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation Base Search Scilit OAI-PMH ResearchGate SciForum
Published On: July 11, 2017 | Pages: 001 - 011Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation Base Search Scilit OAI-PMH ResearchGate SciForum
Published On: December 31, 2015 | Pages: 025 - 029Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation Base Search Scilit OAI-PMH ResearchGate SciForum
Published On: December 30, 2015 | Pages: 017 - 024Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation Base Search Scilit OAI-PMH ResearchGate SciForum
Published On: December 30, 2015 | Pages: 013 - 016Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation Base Search Scilit OAI-PMH ResearchGate SciForum
Published On: November 10, 2015 | Pages: 008 - 012Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation Base Search Scilit OAI-PMH ResearchGate SciForum
Published On: August 27, 2015 | Pages: 001 - 007Abstract View Full Article View Get Citation Base Search Scilit OAI-PMH ResearchGate SciForum
I wish to associate with the journal as editor and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. I suggest to lower the cost for publication of the manuscript. Manuscript submission process is rapid.I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. Publication process is good. The required information is easily available on the website.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair. Manuscript submission process is quick and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommended this journal to others for publication of their valuable research works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is quick reply and short time process. The required information is easily available on the website.
I will continue my association with this journal as an editor and provide my services. The reviewer and editor comments in this journal are genuine. The journal will be great, if it can get annual citation report. The manuscript submission process is smooth and cool. I definitely recommend this journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to my colleagues. I am satisfied with the submission and publication process with this journal. I like the speedy publishing process in this journal. The website is user-friendly.
Thank you so much in providing me waiver on all charges for my manuscript publication. I am proud of your treatment! I and my colleagues will be best family of your journal. Hope we will communicate with further works and manuscript. Once again I would like to thank you. I have also attached you my photo as per your requests.
I will continue my services as an editor in this journal and confer my services. The comments we are getting from reviewers and editors are outstanding. The journal should make the fast review process. Manuscript submission process in this journal is trouble-free. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. I endorse to others that their future projects will submit in this journal for publication. I mostly like the manuscript submission process in this journal. I can easily find the required information on the journal website.
Thank you for your support and professional approach for submission and publication process of the manuscript.
I like to continue the association with this journal and provide my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and satisfactory. The journal should accept high quality manuscripts which can help in journal growth. Manuscript submission process in this journal is smooth and user friendly. I definitely recommend this journal to get indexed in major indexing platforms. I will recommend my co-experts to submit their manuscripts for supporting the journal. The time line between submission and publication of manuscript is less. I can find the required information in the website easily.
I like to continue my association with this journal and confer my services for journal growth. The reviewer and editor comments in this journal is fair and meaning full. I will recommend this journal to get reputed indexing platform. I strongly suggest my colleagues who are expertise in this journal to submit their valuable works in this journal. I am satisfied with manuscript submission and publication timeline process. I can easily find the required information on the journal website.
I wish to associate and contribute with the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and satisfactory. Provide the p-ISSN number to the journal with indexation in important databases as Pubmed, SCOPUS, EMBASE, etc. Manuscript submission process is quick. It is very important for the journal to be indexed in International databases of repute to increase the impact factor and getting more good quality articles. I recommend this journal to others for publication of their valuable works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is the Quality of web publication. The articles are not easily searchable on the web.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor-in-chief for the Journal. I wish to express my happy anticipation for continuing to work together towards greater successes in scientific research and related publications in future. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. I will continuously contribute editorial, review and research articles to this journal. I am also planning to propose some special topic issues for the journal. I will be more involved in peer-review process of submitted manuscript. I recommend this journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommend this journal to many of my colleagues in our institution, and other aesthetic researchers and doctors in medical schools and hospitals. I am satisfied with current submission-publication timeline; it is very effective with quick decision. I like the most in your publication process is short and effective review process, as well as high visibility. The website is friendly and easily accessible.
Marco Matteo Ciccone
University of Bari , Italy
Archives of Organ Transplantation
National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR)/FDA, USA
Global Journal of Anesthesiology
Cardiometabolic Research Institute, USA
Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine and Cardiology
Leeds Beckett University, UK
Archives of Community Medicine and Public Health
Nikolaos A Chrysanthakopoulos
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens , Greece
Journal of Dental Problems and Solutions
Huazong University of Science and Technology, China
Open Journal of Pediatrics and Child Health
Beijing University of Technology , PR China
Journal of Civil Engineering and Environmental Sciences
Catholic University of Rome, Italy
Open Journal of Orthopedics and Rheumatology
Kyushu University, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Fukuoka, Japan
Global Journal of Cancer Therapy
Rafal Tomasz Pawliczak
Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Open Journal of Asthma