University of Athens, Greece
Research Interest: New approaches for the
anticancer therapies, enzyme inhibitors as a new drugs, including new
antibacterial drugs, inhibitors of proteolytic enzymes as a new drug
Research Interest: Photocatalysis, colloid and interfacial phenomenon, CO2 capture and storage, multiphase flow in porous materials,
i) 5.2018-5.2020, UGC-UKIERI, £50000, Novel EOR technique for the depleted oil reservoirs of Upper Assam Basin with simultaneous CO2 Capture and Sequestration. (PI)
(ii) 10.2017-9.2018, EPSRC, £10000, EPSRC Formulations for collaboration with the University of Nottingham
(iii) 8.2016 - 7.2019, EPSRC, EP/N024672/1, £1,226,534, A compact CO2 capture process to combat industrial emissions.
(iv) 2013 - 9. 2015 Royal Society of Edinburgh, Removal of SOx and NOx from fossil fuel combustion, £11,600.
(v) 1.2013 - 4.2016, EPSRC, EP/J019720/1, £832,807, Feasibility of a wetting layer absorption carbon capture process based on chemical solvents. For this project, I supervised a research associate working on microwave swing adsorption for CO2 capture.
(vi) 2012-2013, Royal Academy of Engineering, Study on phosphorylated hollow silica / polysulfone hybrid membrane for the treatment of wastewater containing oil, £24000.
(vii) 2011-2014, EPSRC, EP/I010939/1, £664,440, FOCUS – Fundamentals of Optimised Capture Using Solids: circulating fluidised bed CO2 capture processes for coal-fired power plants based on amine-functionalised adsorbents.
(viii) 10/2011 - 9/2014, PhD studentship, Carnegie Trust for the Universities of Scotland, Transport of three phase flow in porous media for CO2 storage and enhanced oil recovery, £60,000.
(ix) 2010-2011 Research Grant from the Royal Society, £17,745,
List of Publications
1. C. Chao, X. Jin, L. Teng, A.A. Stokes, X. Fan, Bubble Dislodgment in a Capillary Network with Microscopic Multichannels and Multibifurcation Features, Langmuir, 2019, DOI: 10.1021/acs.langmuir.8b03323
2. E Al-Zaidi, X Fan*, Liquid CO2 behaviour during water displacement in a sandstone core sample, Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering 62, 259-274, 2019
3. C Chao, G Xu, X Fan*, Effect of surface tension, viscosity, pore geometry and pore contact angle on effective pore throat, Chemical Engineering Science, 197, 269-279, 2019
4. E Al-Zaidi, K Edlmann, X Fan*, Gaseous CO2 behaviour during water displacement in a sandstone core sample, International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 80, 32-42, 2019
5. C Chao, X Xu, SO Kwelle, X Fan*, Significance of gas-liquid interfaces for two-phase flows in micro-channels, Chemical Engineering Science 192, 114-125, 2018
6. E Al-Zaidi, X Fan*, K Edlmann, Supercritical CO2 behaviour during water displacement in a sandstone core sample, International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 79, 200-211, 2018
7. F Bougie, X Fan*, Microwave regeneration of monoethanolamine aqueous solutions used for CO2 capture, International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 79, 165-172, 2018
8. L Liu, H Chen, E Shiko, X Fan, Y Zhou, G Zhang, X Luo, XE Hu, Low-cost DETA impregnation of acid-activated sepiolite for CO2 capture, Chemical Engineering Journal 353, 940-948, 2018
9. E Al-Zaidi, J Nash, X Fan*, Effect of CO2 phase on its water displacements in a sandstone core sample, International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 71, 227-238, 2018
10. E Al-Zaidi, X Fan*, Effect of aqueous electrolyte concentration and valency on contact angle on flat glass surfaces and inside capillary glass tubes, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects 543, 1-8, 2018
11. E Al-Zaidi, X Fan*, K Edlmann, The Effect of CO2 Phase on Oil Displacement in a Sandstone Core Sample, Fluids 3 (1), 23-, 2018
12. Y. Guo*, H. Wu, X. Fan*, L. Zhoua, Q. Chen, Palladium composite membrane fabricated on rough porous alumina tube without intermediate layer for hydrogen separation, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 42, 9958–9965, 2017.
13. Y. Guo, Y. Jin, H Wu, D. Li, X. Fan, Direct synthesis of propylene oxide using hydrogen peroxide in a membrane reactor, Chemical Papers, 71, 49-57, 2017
14. S.J. McGurk, C.F. Martín, S. Brandani, M.B. Sweatman, X. Fan*, Microwave Swing Regeneration of Aqueous Monoethanolamine for Post-Combustion CO2 Capture, Applied Energy, 192, 126–133, 2017
15. S. Farrukh, X. Fan, A. Hussain, A comparative CO2 adsorption analysis in pure and amine modified composite membranes. Polymer-Plastics Technology and Engineering, 56, 1158–1166, 2017
16. C.F. Martín, M.B. Sweatman, S. Brandani, X. Fan*, Wet impregnation of a commercial low cost silica using DETA for a fast post-combustion CO2 capture process, Applied Energy, 183, 1705–1721, 2016.
17. Dne. Nagy, D. Nagy, I.M Szilagyicd, X. Fan*, Effect of the morphology and phases of WO3 nanocrystals on their photocatalytic efficiency, RSC Adv. 6, 33743, 2016. 1 citation.
18. D Nagy, T Firkala, X Fan†, I.M. Szilágyi, A study of the effect of the morphology on the photocatalytic activity of WO3, Eur. Chem. Bull., 5, 40-42, 2016
19. S. Hafeez, X. Fan†, A. Hussain, C.F. Martín, CO2 adsorption using TiO2 composite polymeric membranes: A kinetic study, Journal of Environmental Sciences, 35, 163-171, 2015. 2 citations.
20. X. Li, X. Fan*, Effect of CO2 phase on contact angle in oil-wet and water-wet pores, International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 36, 106-113, 2015. 8 citations.
21. X. Li, H. Fan, X. Fan*, Effect of chemical structure of organics on pore wetting, Chemical Engineering Science, 137, 458-465, 2015. 1 citation
22. S. Hafeez, X. Fan†, A. Hussain, A Kinetic Study of CO2 Adsorption in Cellulose Acetate Membranes, International Journal of Environmental Science and Development, 6, 755-759, 2015.
Research Interest: Molecularly Imprinted
Polymers,Sol, id Phase, Extraction,Chromatography
Gaziosmanpasa University, Turkey Plant Research Lab of Chemistry, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
2011-2016 PhD (Research Assis-tant) Gaziosmanpasa University Molecular Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
2008- 2011 Master (Research Assis-tant) Gaziosmanpasa University Molecular Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
2003-2007 Under graduate Cumhuriyet Univer-sity Biology, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Research Interest: Algae cultivation, Plant biotechnology, Secondary metabolite production
1. Bioprocessingof microalgae for production and recovery of high-value metabolites;", Texas A&M University, 23.08.2015 -29.11.2015
2. Activity Controlled Isolation of Isolated Secondary Metabolites from Cladophora fracta (Tubitak 2017-2018).
3. Investigation of Pharmacological Secondary Metabolites in Some Cyanobacteria Members and Investigation of the Effects of Various Stress Conditions on the Production of these Metabolites (2016- 2018 Bap Turkey).
List of Publications:
1. Tunay Karan, Ramazan Erenler Zekeriya Altuner, Mahfuz Elmastas. Molecular Identification and Norharmane Quantification of Cyanobacterium, Geitlerinema carotinosum. International Journal of Pharmacy& Pharmaceutical Research.June 2017, Vol.:9, Issue:3, 67-73.
2. Tunay Karan, Ramazan Erenler. Screening of Norharmane from Seven Cyanobacteria by High performance Liquid Chromatography. Pharmacogn. Mag. 11.10.2017, Vol: 13, Issue: 51, 723-725.
3.Tunay Karan, Zekeriya Altuner, Ramazan Erenler. Growth and Metabolite Production of Chroococcus minutus Under Different Temperature and Light Conditions. Journal of New Results in Science, 6:1 47-52, 2017.
4. Tunay KARAN, Taner DAŞTAN, İnanç BARAL, Zekeriya ALTUNER. Effects of Differential Time Applications on Some Cyanobacterial Norharman Production Rates. Cumhuriyet Üniversitesi Fen Fakültesi Fen Bilimleri Dergisi (CFD), Cilt 37, No. 4 (2016) ISSN: 1300-1949.
5. Tunay KARAN, Ramazan ERENLER, Zekeriya ALTUNER. Isolation and Molecular Identification of Some Blue-Green Algae (Cyanobacteria) from Freshwater Sites in Tokat Province of Turkey. Turkish Journal of Agriculture - Food Science and Technology, 5(11): 1371-1378, 2017
6.Tunay KARAN, Saban Tekin, Ahmet Bursalı, Adem Keskin. Investigation of Tick-Borne Encephalitis Virus (TBEV) in Ixodid Ticks Collected from Central Black Sea Region in Turkey. Journal of New Results in Science 4 (2014) 30-35
7.Sevgi Durna Dastan, Naci Degerli, Taner Dastan, Fazilet Yildiz, Yavuz Yildir, Yusuf Muhammed Durna, Dilek Atessahin and Tunay Karan. Phenylthiocarbamide taste perception as a possible genetic association marker for nutritional habits and obesity tendency of people. Pak. J. Pharm. Sci., Vol.28, No.3(Suppl), May 2015, pp.1141-1150.
8. Sevgi Durna Daştan, Taner Daştan, Serap Çetinkaya, Dilek Ateşşahin, Tünay Karan. Evaluation of In Vitro Anticancer Effect of Plantago major L. and Plantago lanceolata L. Leaf Extracts from Sivas. Cumhuriyet Üniv. Sağ. Bil. Enst. Derg. 2016 (1)1: 07-14
9. Tunay KARAN, İlyas Yıldız, Ali Aydın, ,Ramazn Erenler Inhibition of Various Cancer Cells Proliferation of Bornyl Acetate and Essential Oil from Inula graveolens (Linnaeus) Desf. Rec. Nat. Prod. 12:3 (2018) 273-283
10. Ramazan Erenler, Tuğba Adak, Tunay KARAN, Mahfuz Elmastaş,İlyas Yıldız, Hüseyin Akşit,Gülaçtı Topcu,Murat Aydın Sanda. CHEMICAL CONSTITUENTS ISOLATED FROM ORİGANUM SOLYMICUM WITH ANTIOXIDANT ACTIVITITES. The Eurasia Proceedings of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (EPSTEM) 2017,Volume 1, Pages 139-145
11. Tünay KARAN, Mesut KOYUNCU, İskender PARMAKSIZ, Köksal PABUÇCU, Zekeriya ALTUNER. Siyanotoksinler ve Biyosentezlerinden Sorumlu Genlerin Düzenlenmesi. Gaziosmanpaşa Fen Bilimeri Enstitüsü Bilimsel Araştırma Dergisi 11 (2015) 54-69 .
12. KARAN TÜNAY,TEKIN SABAN, BURSALI AHMET.‘Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever Virus in Ixodid Ticks in Tokat Province of Turkey. Abstracts / Journal of Biotechnology 161S (2012) 19–48.
13. Tunay KARAN, Saban Tekin, Adem Keskin, Ahmet Bursalı. Testing The Presence of Tick-Borne Encephalitis Virus in Ixodid Ticks (Acari: Ixodidae) From Tokat and Ordu Vicinity. In vivo International Journal of Experimental and Clinical Pathophysiology and Drug Research. 25:3 467-576 (2011).
14. Tunay KARAN, Omer KAYIR, Zekeriya ALTUNER, Ramazan ERENLER.Growth and norharmane production of Chroococcus minutus under various stress conditions.2018, 1, 10-15.
15.Tunay KARAN. Metabolic profile and biological activities of Lavandula stoechas L. Cellular and Molecular Biology E-ISSN : 1165-158X / P-ISSN : 0145-5680.
16. Tunay Karan, Ramazan Erenler. Fatty acid constituents and anticancer activity of Cladophora fracta (OF Müller ex Vahl) Kützing. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research October 2018; 17 (10): 1977-1982.
17. Tunay Karan, Ali Aydin. Anticancer potential and cytotoxic effect of some freshwater cyanobacteria. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research November 2018; 17 (11): 2183-2188.
18.Evanthia Mantzouki, Tunay KARAN and et. al. Temperature Effects Explain Continental Scale Distribution of Cyanobacterial Toxins. Toxins 2018, 10, 156.
19.Evanthia Mantzouki, Tunay KARAN and et. al. A European Multi Lake Survey dataset of
environmental variables, phytoplankton pigments and cyanotoxins. Scıentıfıc Data 5:180226 DOI: 10.1038/sdata.2018.226.
20. Tunay Karan and Bilge Hilal Cadirci. Evaluatıon of antımıcrobıal and antıoxıdant actıvıty of lepıdıum draba l. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, Vol 7, Issue 13, 2018.
Research Interest: Natural Products Chemistry,
Polymer Chemistry,Environment & Health,Medicinal Chemistry.
My specific research interests are synthetic methodology development, total synthesis, medicinal chemistry, natural product isolation and derivatization, proteomics, drug discovery and development, translational oncology
Research Interest: Organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, natural products, translational oncology, proteomics.
Research Interest: Medicinal Chemistry; Peptidomimetics; Enzyme Inhibitors; Negleted Tropical Diseases; Cysteine Protease; Rhodesain; Falcipain-2; Antitumor Agents; Proteasome.
Research Interest: Stability studies of new drug
substances and new drug products including nanomedicine; Quality assurance;
Analytical and bioanalytical method validation; Physicochemical charaterization
of new drug substances and new drug products including nanomedicine.
Research Interest: Field of the solid-state
investigation of the molecular self-assembly of different solid forms of the
active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) (polymorphs, cocrystals, salts and
hydrates) with the support of quantum chemical calculations in the presence and
absence of single crystal data. A rather important interest is the online
monitoring of the transformation of these solid forms using either in situ
Raman and NIR spectroscopy or a combination of in situ Raman spectroscopy and
other relevant techniques (e.g. DSC and DVS) to provide a complete picture of physical
and chemical changes that are occurring during the pharmaceutical processes.
Research Interest: Mechanism of action of
anticancer platinum/ruthenium drugs in cancer chemotherapy; Targeting BRCA1 DNA
repair pathway by platinum/ruthenium drugs in estrogen receptor-positive,
estrogen receptor-negative, and BRCA1-associated breast cancers; Mutation
screening of breast cancer suppressor gene BRCA1; Functional and structural
studies of breast cancer suppressor protein BRCA1; High-throughput genotyping
by DHPLC of the dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase gene
Research Interest: Bioactive compounds and
Research Interest: Nanomedicine, hydrogels, gene
medicine, tissue engineering
Research Interest: Nano chemistry and Nano
adsorbent, Composite, hybride material, natural materials, zeolite and clay, Ion
exchange, adsorption, chromatography, Analytical chemistry (separation,
spectroscopy) Water Treatment
Published On: May 31, 2019 | Pages: 009 - 012Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: March 21, 2019 | Pages: 001 - 008Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: December 31, 2018 | Pages: 001 - 002Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 28, 2017 | Pages: 023 - 025Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 25, 2017 | Pages: 012 - 022Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 11, 2017 | Pages: 001 - 011Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: December 30, 2016 | Pages: 009 - 013Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: December 23, 2016 | Pages: 001 - 008Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: December 30, 2015 | Pages: 013 - 016Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: November 10, 2015 | Pages: 008 - 012Abstract View Full Article View
I do wish to associate with the journal and provide my services when needed. The reviewer and editor comments in this journal is meaning full. It will be fine that journal can take feedback from readers. Manuscript submission process is smoothie. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing platforms. I recommend my colleagues and co experts to submit their research works in this journal. The timeline of submission and publication process are satisfactory. I like the fast turnover period from submission to publication.I can find the required information in the website easily.
I would like to continue my association with this journal and confer my services,. The comments from reviewers and editors are fair as well as professional. The journal should accept high impact articles for faster indexing. The submission process is user friendly and as well as smooth. I recommend this journal for reputed indexing services. I suggest my colleagues for submission of their works to this journal for publication. I am satisfied with the submission, publication timeline of this journal. The publication process of this journal is easy. I am getting the required information in website easily.
I am happy to be associated with the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Low publication fee for authors would help for the growth of Journal. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. The required information is easily accessible on the website.
I wish to continue the association with this journal and confer my services. It will be fine that journal can get promoted in scientific meetings. I recommend the journal to get indexed in various indexing platforms. I suggest my colleagues to submit their works in this journal. I can find the required information on the website freely.
I will continue my association with this journal as an editor and provide my services. The reviewer and editor comments in this journal are genuine. The journal will be great, if it can get annual citation report. The manuscript submission process is smooth and cool. I definitely recommend this journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to my colleagues. I am satisfied with the submission and publication process with this journal. I like the speedy publishing process in this journal. The website is user-friendly.
I would like to continue the association in this journal and confer the services. Comments we are receiving from editors and reviewers are authentic. The manuscript submission process is easy. I strongly recommend this journal for getting indexing services in major platforms. I recommend my colleagues to submit the works to this journal. The journal is maintaining the accurate submission and publication time line. I like the rapid review process in this journal. I can easily find the required information on the journal webpage.
I wish to be associated with the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and meaningful. I suggest to lower the cost for publication, great discounts for first submission. Manuscript submission process is quick and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. Publication process is very fast. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
I wish to associate with the journal as editor and confer my services. Look for more Editors and Reviewers in Europe and USA. It is necessary for the journal to get indexed in Pubmed. The required information is easily available on the website.
I continue my association with this journal and confer my services for journal growth. The comments from editors and reviewers are meaningful and fair. The journal should accept more review and research articles which can help in journal citation. The manuscript submission process in this journal is user friendly. I recommend this journal to get major reputed indexing platforms. I recommend to some of my colleagues to submit their valuable research works in this journal in coming future. Manuscript submission and publication time line process is satisfactory. I mostly like the rapid response from this journal. The required information is easily available on the website.
I wish to continue the association with this journal and give my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and professional. I definitely recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. I ensure that I recommend my staff to publish their valuable research works in the journal. I am satisfied with the time of submission and publication process. I can get the required information on the journal website easily.
Rafal Tomasz Pawliczak
Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Open Journal of Asthma
Ohio State University, USA
Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine and Cardiology
University of Siena, Italy
Archives of Renal Diseases and Management
Democritus University of Thrace , Greece
International Journal of Vascular Surgery and Medicine
Samy I. McFarlane
State University of New York, Downstate Medical Centre, Brooklyn, New York, USA
International Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
Wei Min HUANG
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Archive of Biomedical Science and Engineering
Journal of Addiction Medicine and Therapeutic Science
National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR)/FDA, USA
Global Journal of Anesthesiology
International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL), Portugal
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, USA
Archives of Clinical Hypertension