University of Athens, Greece
Research Interest: Enzymology; Biocatalysis in
Organic Solvent; Protein Biochemistry.
Research Interest: Bioassay guided isolation of
active constituents - Phytochemistry and Analytical, Pharmacognosy; Anti-inflammatory, antinociceptive,
anti-rheumatic activities of folk remedies and synthesized compounds; Wound
healing assessment of medicinal plants and their secondary metabolites;
Isolation of the natural compounds from the medicinal plants used against, gynecological
disorders; Anti-carcinogenic assessment of medicinal plants and their secondary
Research Interest: Topics in chemical quality
control in pharmacy practice; Application of different analytical techniques
for the determination of pharmaceuticals in the presence of their degradation
product(s) including; Different spectrophotometric methods such as colorimetry,
derivative and derivative-ratio spectrophotometry. Different chromatographic methods
such as TLC-densitometry, Preparative TLC, Two-dimensional TLC, GC and HPLC. Monitoring
of the degradation profile of the pharmaceuticals and kinetic studies. Synthesis
of the degradation product(s) of the selected drugs and structure elucidation.Chemometric
methods, such as CLS, PCR and PLS.
Research Interest: Nanomedicine, hydrogels, gene
medicine, tissue engineering
Research Interest: Heterocyclic chemistry dealing
with Pyrazole, 1,2,4-Triazine.
Research Interest: QSAR, DFT, Transition State Theory, Ab initio Methods, electronic structure, reactivity indices
Research Interest: Lectin; chitinase; protein;
amino acid; nanoparticles; nanomedicine; apoptosis; cell cycle; antibacterial;
anticancer; antifungal; gene expression; cell morphology; cytotoxicity;
toxicity; antibiofilm; cell culture..
Research Interest: Medicinal Chemistry and Natural
products: isolation, structure determination, biotransformation, synthesis of
structural analogues, biological valorization, structure activity
relationship.Heterocyclic Organic Synthesis and biological valorization.
Research Interest: Food Processing, health food and cosmetics, Research of Chinese herbal medicine research, Agricultural biotechnology, Supercritical fluid, and Mycology
Research Interest: Natural Product Chemistry,
Medicinal Chemistry, Chemical Biolgoy
Research Interest: Photocatalysis, colloid and interfacial phenomenon, CO2 capture and storage, multiphase flow in porous materials,
i) 5.2018-5.2020, UGC-UKIERI, £50000, Novel EOR technique for the depleted oil reservoirs of Upper Assam Basin with simultaneous CO2 Capture and Sequestration. (PI)
(ii) 10.2017-9.2018, EPSRC, £10000, EPSRC Formulations for collaboration with the University of Nottingham
(iii) 8.2016 - 7.2019, EPSRC, EP/N024672/1, £1,226,534, A compact CO2 capture process to combat industrial emissions.
(iv) 2013 - 9. 2015 Royal Society of Edinburgh, Removal of SOx and NOx from fossil fuel combustion, £11,600.
(v) 1.2013 - 4.2016, EPSRC, EP/J019720/1, £832,807, Feasibility of a wetting layer absorption carbon capture process based on chemical solvents. For this project, I supervised a research associate working on microwave swing adsorption for CO2 capture.
(vi) 2012-2013, Royal Academy of Engineering, Study on phosphorylated hollow silica / polysulfone hybrid membrane for the treatment of wastewater containing oil, £24000.
(vii) 2011-2014, EPSRC, EP/I010939/1, £664,440, FOCUS – Fundamentals of Optimised Capture Using Solids: circulating fluidised bed CO2 capture processes for coal-fired power plants based on amine-functionalised adsorbents.
(viii) 10/2011 - 9/2014, PhD studentship, Carnegie Trust for the Universities of Scotland, Transport of three phase flow in porous media for CO2 storage and enhanced oil recovery, £60,000.
(ix) 2010-2011 Research Grant from the Royal Society, £17,745,
List of Publications
1. C. Chao, X. Jin, L. Teng, A.A. Stokes, X. Fan, Bubble Dislodgment in a Capillary Network with Microscopic Multichannels and Multibifurcation Features, Langmuir, 2019, DOI: 10.1021/acs.langmuir.8b03323
2. E Al-Zaidi, X Fan*, Liquid CO2 behaviour during water displacement in a sandstone core sample, Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering 62, 259-274, 2019
3. C Chao, G Xu, X Fan*, Effect of surface tension, viscosity, pore geometry and pore contact angle on effective pore throat, Chemical Engineering Science, 197, 269-279, 2019
4. E Al-Zaidi, K Edlmann, X Fan*, Gaseous CO2 behaviour during water displacement in a sandstone core sample, International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 80, 32-42, 2019
5. C Chao, X Xu, SO Kwelle, X Fan*, Significance of gas-liquid interfaces for two-phase flows in micro-channels, Chemical Engineering Science 192, 114-125, 2018
6. E Al-Zaidi, X Fan*, K Edlmann, Supercritical CO2 behaviour during water displacement in a sandstone core sample, International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 79, 200-211, 2018
7. F Bougie, X Fan*, Microwave regeneration of monoethanolamine aqueous solutions used for CO2 capture, International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 79, 165-172, 2018
8. L Liu, H Chen, E Shiko, X Fan, Y Zhou, G Zhang, X Luo, XE Hu, Low-cost DETA impregnation of acid-activated sepiolite for CO2 capture, Chemical Engineering Journal 353, 940-948, 2018
9. E Al-Zaidi, J Nash, X Fan*, Effect of CO2 phase on its water displacements in a sandstone core sample, International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 71, 227-238, 2018
10. E Al-Zaidi, X Fan*, Effect of aqueous electrolyte concentration and valency on contact angle on flat glass surfaces and inside capillary glass tubes, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects 543, 1-8, 2018
11. E Al-Zaidi, X Fan*, K Edlmann, The Effect of CO2 Phase on Oil Displacement in a Sandstone Core Sample, Fluids 3 (1), 23-, 2018
12. Y. Guo*, H. Wu, X. Fan*, L. Zhoua, Q. Chen, Palladium composite membrane fabricated on rough porous alumina tube without intermediate layer for hydrogen separation, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 42, 9958–9965, 2017.
13. Y. Guo, Y. Jin, H Wu, D. Li, X. Fan, Direct synthesis of propylene oxide using hydrogen peroxide in a membrane reactor, Chemical Papers, 71, 49-57, 2017
14. S.J. McGurk, C.F. Martín, S. Brandani, M.B. Sweatman, X. Fan*, Microwave Swing Regeneration of Aqueous Monoethanolamine for Post-Combustion CO2 Capture, Applied Energy, 192, 126–133, 2017
15. S. Farrukh, X. Fan, A. Hussain, A comparative CO2 adsorption analysis in pure and amine modified composite membranes. Polymer-Plastics Technology and Engineering, 56, 1158–1166, 2017
16. C.F. Martín, M.B. Sweatman, S. Brandani, X. Fan*, Wet impregnation of a commercial low cost silica using DETA for a fast post-combustion CO2 capture process, Applied Energy, 183, 1705–1721, 2016.
17. Dne. Nagy, D. Nagy, I.M Szilagyicd, X. Fan*, Effect of the morphology and phases of WO3 nanocrystals on their photocatalytic efficiency, RSC Adv. 6, 33743, 2016. 1 citation.
18. D Nagy, T Firkala, X Fan†, I.M. Szilágyi, A study of the effect of the morphology on the photocatalytic activity of WO3, Eur. Chem. Bull., 5, 40-42, 2016
19. S. Hafeez, X. Fan†, A. Hussain, C.F. Martín, CO2 adsorption using TiO2 composite polymeric membranes: A kinetic study, Journal of Environmental Sciences, 35, 163-171, 2015. 2 citations.
20. X. Li, X. Fan*, Effect of CO2 phase on contact angle in oil-wet and water-wet pores, International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 36, 106-113, 2015. 8 citations.
21. X. Li, H. Fan, X. Fan*, Effect of chemical structure of organics on pore wetting, Chemical Engineering Science, 137, 458-465, 2015. 1 citation
22. S. Hafeez, X. Fan†, A. Hussain, A Kinetic Study of CO2 Adsorption in Cellulose Acetate Membranes, International Journal of Environmental Science and Development, 6, 755-759, 2015.
Research Interest: Phenolic content and antioxydant
activity of medicinal plants, Anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic
activities of medicinal plants, Mutagenic and anticancer effects of medicinal plants.
NF-κB pathway inhibition, Antileishmanial and antitrypanosomal activities of
medicinal plants, Antioxidant, anticancer, mutagenic, Anti-inflammatory,
Analgesic, Antipyretic, Antiparasitic, Polyphenols, Flavonoïds, medicinal
Research Interest: Exploration of
continuous-fiber-reinforced resin materials for engineering applications,
development of biomimetic nanomaterials for bone regeneration and oncology.
Research Interest: "Luminescent probes; Computational structural biology; Structure-based drug design; Inorganic medicine "
Published On: July 05, 2019 | Pages: 030 - 034Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 25, 2019 | Pages: 020 - 029Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 21, 2019 | Pages: 013 - 019Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: May 31, 2019 | Pages: 009 - 012Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: March 21, 2019 | Pages: 001 - 008Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: December 31, 2018 | Pages: 001 - 002Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 28, 2017 | Pages: 023 - 025Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 25, 2017 | Pages: 012 - 022Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 11, 2017 | Pages: 001 - 011Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: December 30, 2016 | Pages: 009 - 013Abstract View Full Article View
experience of publishing with Peertechz Publications can be summed up in one word,
“awesome!" From great author relationship service to prompt, detailed
review to thorough and timely return of manuscript. Guess what, I appreciate
the plagiarism check and your custom of sending detailed report.
I will continue my services as an editor in this journal and confer my services. The comments we are getting from reviewers and editors are outstanding. The journal should make the fast review process. Manuscript submission process in this journal is trouble-free. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. I endorse to others that their future projects will submit in this journal for publication. I mostly like the manuscript submission process in this journal. I can easily find the required information on the journal website.
I do wish to associate with the journal and provide my services if needed. The reviewer and editor comments in this journal are considerable. Manuscript submission process is smoothie. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing platforms. I recommend my colleagues and co experts to submit their research works in this journal. The timeline of submission and publication process are satisfactory. I can find the required information in the website easily.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. It is important to get citated in SCI. Manuscript submission process is good. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication of their research works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is fast review. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Reviewer for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. Quality article should be considered by the Journal and lower the processing fees. Manuscript submission process is rapid and smooth. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I also recommended this journal to others for publication. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is Fast review. The required information is easily accessible on the website.
I like to continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and satisfactory. The journal should accept high quality manuscripts. Manuscript submission process in this journal is smooth and user friendly. I definitely recommend this journal to get indexed in major indexing platforms. I will recommend my co experts to submit their manuscripts for supporting the journal. The time line between submission and publication of manuscript is Hassel-free. I can find the required information in the website easily.
I like to continue my association with this journal and give my services for journal growth. The reviewer and editor comments in this journal is fair and meaningful. The manuscript submission process is Hassel-free. I recommend this journal to get reputed indexing platform. I strongly suggest my colleagues to submit their valuable works in this journal. I am satisfied with manuscript submission and publication timeline process. I mostly like the rapid review process in this journal. I can easily find the required information on the journal website.
I would thank you very much for exception on
I would also thank you and your team for all the
nice work you do.
The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication of their research works. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
The comments from editors and reviewers are agreeable. I think that my suggestion is to get indexing in Pubmed. Manuscript submission process is simple and user friendly. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. I surely recommend to others to submit their works in this journal. The submission and publication time line process of manuscripts are quick and timely. I like the quick and rapid publication process in the journal. I can easily find the required information on the journal webpage.
Ohio State University, USA
Open Journal of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics
Marco Matteo Ciccone
University of Bari , Italy
Archives of Organ Transplantation
Osmar Antonio Centurion
Asuncion National University, Paraguay
Global Journal of Medical and Clinical Case Reports
Arghya Narayan Banerjee
Yeungnam University, South Korea
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
Jose Manuel Ramia-Angel
Guadalajara University Hospital , Spain
Journal of Surgery and Surgical Research
CHA University, Republic of Korea
International Journal of Immunotherapy and Cancer Research
Leeds Beckett University, UK
Archives of Community Medicine and Public Health
William CS Cho
Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Hong Kong
International Journal of Immunotherapy and Cancer Research
Wei Min HUANG
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Archive of Biomedical Science and Engineering
California South University, USA
Open Journal of Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry